chill zone in backyard

crawdad

floatin
thinking of doing some sort of water feature in the backyard. i grew up next to the ocean (like, right next to it...not just close) so hearing the sound of water moving, smelling the salt and feeling the breeze is something ive found, after many years, i miss living far from it. ive thought of doing a small pond, maybe a water fall into it but after visiting a japanese inspired water garden i think im ready to tackle my next backyard project. if you have something like this (or any cool or chill out type backyard "thingy") im curious to hear about it and/or see some pics.

my inspiration:
imiuzOxuDONM0.jpg

(yes, its just water falling...thats the basic idea lol)

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I grew up next to the ocean too and really missed it when I first left. I found keeping a saltwater aquarium to be a very helpful way of reconnecting with the ocean. Been moving around recently though and hand't kept one in a few years until recently.

I set up a nano reef tank about 2 months ago and find it to be a very stress relieving process. Im at the point where I started adding live corals and really enjoy watching them grown and thrive.

Not quite an outdoor retreat but a good alternative IMO for those who live in colder climates but still want a little piece of the ocean around them.

Top Bottom