Cheap vape for a smoking friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meghan

My best friend is struggling financially and he and his wife are expecting their first child in a couple of months. I just spoke to him about switching to vaping, both for his health and his wallet, and he's all in. I know it will take him a few paychecks to save up for a decent vape, so I'm hoping to surprise him with an early birthday gift in the form of a vape that will hopefully help him f*ck combustion.

I'm also on a limited budget, which is why I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone is looking to part with a cheap vape. I'm looking for something under $100 (the cheaper the better!). Lighter-based vapes are totally fine--VaporGenie, Lotus, possibly Gn0me, etc. are definite possibilities. Basically, anything that has a decent reputation and isn't too terribly difficult to learn will be considered!

I've known this guy since we were in pre-school together (over 30 years!) and would really like to help him out. If anyone is keen to part with something relatively inexpensive, please let me know!

Meghan,
Reactions: t00fatt

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'd love to help you out ... just don't know if I have anything that fits ... I have a Magick Wand gathering dust ... but it needs a glass tool to pair with ... I'd give you my Magick Wand to help out (you pay shipping), but I can't give you a bubbler to pair it with (I used it through a Black Leaf bubbler that's about $70-$80 from PlanetVape when I first got it ...)

Edit: Guess it depends ... being a water pipe (bong) vaporizer ... if your friend is already a bong user and has 14mm or 18mm bongs already ... then this might be perfect for him ... it actually works quite well ... just will never get used due to the fairly large vape collection I have ...

JCat,
Reactions: treeman

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I'm willing to help you out.

I'll sell you my DBV for $100. I planned on selling it in the classifieds soon anyways. I was going to list it for more obviously but this would save me the hassle and I would love to pass it on to another vaping noob.

It's a silver one and only 3 months old. Perfect condition. Everything plus extras. I'll include the extra pack of screens I got as well as 10 feet of replacement hose. I'm still using the original 3ft but I'll throw that out. I also have a 14mm adapter I'll include. I'll throw in the bong for an extra $30. (HVY 12'' straight tube)

It's the perfect starting vape, at least for me it was. I've used it only once since getting my Solo which is a surprise to me because I didn't expect the Solo to be as heavy of a hitter as it is. I'm not a collector or a hoarder so there's just no need for me to keep my DBV anymore. I just ordered the Ascent and I plan on getting an Eagle too. The Eagle's gonna be my "home" vape, the Ascent's gonna be my "away" vape, and my Solo will serve as my "hybrid" vape. See, I got it all worked out.

Let me know if you're interested.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I already gave my DBV away to a friend (similar situation to Meghan) ... however ... he broke it!!! (He doesn't mean to be ungrateful ... he's just really careless :lol:)

Edit: and this was the second vape I gave him ... the first was the Vapir NO2 which he fried by plugging in the wrong adapter! After 2 vapes to the same person my charity is at its limit ... however, I'm a sucker ... so who knows :lol:

JCat,
Reactions: Meghan
I have a Thermovape T1 for $110 it can be completely cleaned so bringing it anywhere won't be a problem and its portable. Just recharge the batteries and away you go.

VapeNStone,
Reactions: ogcook

z9

I have a Vapir NO2 with a case listed in the classifieds for $75. Easy to use digital screen, almost fool proof.

z9,
Reactions: ogcook

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm also on a limited budget, which is why I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone is looking to part with a cheap vape. I'm looking for something under $100 (the cheaper the better!).

Vapolution = (all glass path) flavor is sweet = $106 including shipping

Everything else is more money.

The VAPOLUTION is cheap and works well as a beginner vaporizer.

Only if flavor is important.

You said $100!

When you give some one a gift I personally think it should be brand new in the box.
Especially something you put your mouth on!

JCat

Accessory Maker
ataxian ... everything you said is true except the "should be brand new in the box" part (IMHO) ... I think something used has just as much value as long as it's a good fit for the person it is being given too ... the thought alone of Meghan wanting to help out her friend this way I'm sure will be super appreciated, new or not :wink:

That being said the vap2.0 is definitely a good option, you are correct!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian ... everything you said is true except the "should be brand new in the box" part (IMHO)

I have given many things away worth great value.
I know Meghan is doing a noble act and her kindness is so welcomed.
My angle was considering the recipient of the gift.
As a receiver the Ideal of new and in the original package speak volumes.
Plus it's better to give than receive.

You make a valid point.

We both have our point of view.
It's all good.

The VAPOLUTION is cheap!
However the MOTHER F$cker cranks.
Not a center piece for the coffee table!

ataxian,
Reactions: JCat

Tweek

Actually, the vap 2.0 is an excellent suggestion...it has a great rep, and I think they have a great deal going right now on it.

Meghan

Thanks for all the offers and suggestions...I'm going to close this thread because I've clearly got plenty of options and am hopefully about to go forward with one! I appreciate it, guys. I'm excited for my friend to stop setting his flowers on fire. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom