Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Many of us just think it's not cool to support glass from somewhere that cloned work from another member here specifically is all...

Sherlock Shredder, currently on sale for $105:

image_6f24aae9-242c-4000-b45f-ab131b096026.heic

Thanks for posting the sale. I've been wanting one of those since before I actually left Texas over a year ago.
Oh well. I'm 2000+ miles further away now, but at least I finally have one ordered! :rockon::tup:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah those old recommended rigs are far from my choice these days... Based on everything you said I think you might like this one actually, like TAG, reverse showerhead:

Looks like Genesis Glass actually makes a reverse shower head as well, slightly different style, although the function should be similar? Good reviews too at least
They actually have quite a few other pieces I've seen other places, like that alien fish bowl rig with a max quantity, and their own version of a gil klein recycler like SamL (although it looks smaller?) I've seen AngusYhookah are selling a nicer looking gil honestly though with external gil drain, not separate incycler drain, however the perc is not gil (although I guess none of them were), much pricier but it is smaller in nice colors:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Thanks for posting the sale. I've been wanting one of those since before I actually left Texas over a year ago.
Oh well. I'm 2000+ miles further away now, but at least I finally have one ordered! :rockon::tup:

Uh oh.I'm getting worried that I made a mistake.

First, the company emailed me this morning to say this:
"I have been connecting the mouthpiece joint on the piece you ordered to the bottom of the pipe. Is that ok with you?
I thought I deleted this version from the page. But I am happy to connect the joint in the middle of the body of the piece if that’s what you want.
Let me know!"

I mean...what? Why would I want it connected at the bottom where the water is?!? The bowl intake is supposed to be connected at the bottom. Now I'm all kinda confused as to what they are even saying.

Then, a little over half an hour later I received a paypal invoice from them for an additional $40 beyond what was on the invoice I already paid! (The sale only got me a little over $40 off to begin with).

I'm thinking I need to run for my life and cancel this sale before I get more in over my head with a vendor that's making me feel quite uneasy with my first purchase. Also, that $40 puts me above my spending limit (the reason I hadn't bought this piece for the last couple years). So, if they demand more money from from me than I have, then canceling is the only option for me. This sucks.

I guess I better face the music and email them. But I'm not looking forward to this....

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Uh oh.I'm getting worried that I made a mistake.

First, the company emailed me this morning to say this:
"I have been connecting the mouthpiece joint on the piece you ordered to the bottom of the pipe. Is that ok with you?
I thought I deleted this version from the page. But I am happy to connect the joint in the middle of the body of the piece if that’s what you want.
Let me know!"

I mean...what? Why would I want it connected at the bottom where the water is?!? The bowl intake is supposed to be connected at the bottom. Now I'm all kinda confused as to what they are even saying.

Then, a little over half an hour later I received a paypal invoice from them for an additional $40 beyond what was on the invoice I already paid! (The sale only got me a little over $40 off to begin with).

I'm thinking I need to run for my life and cancel this sale before I get more in over my head with a vendor that's making me feel quite uneasy with my first purchase. Also, that $40 puts me above my spending limit (the reason I hadn't bought this piece for the last couple years). So, if they demand more money from from me than I have, then canceling is the only option for me. This sucks.

I guess I better face the music and email them. But I'm not looking forward to this....

Sorry dude, pretty sure this is a stoner error, she means the support for the joint, I think, because it usually connects all the way down to the base, but perhaps in the photo of the one you ordered, it shows the support connecting to the middle of the piece???
PXL-20240409-022322110.jpg

So she is saying she could still do that for you, and is asking to make sure, because normally it goes to the bottom and that's how she would make this one for you if you're okay with that... Does that make sense? Sorry if I am wrong but maybe this will help at least my interpretation and understanding her style maybe :sherlock::shrug:

TedJones

I think, because it usually connects all the way down to the base, but perhaps in the photo of the one you ordered, it shows the support connecting to the middle of the piece???
That’s exactly it and I didn’t even notice. My support goes to the bottom base whereas the online photo shows it mounted to the middle of the can. Makes sense, more stable.

Ramahs

Yeah. I was thinking that might be it (the support for the bowl being what they were talking about). But that doesn't help with the invoice wanting an additional $40 for shipping that I was unaware of when I made the purchase. Otherwise, I wouldn't have completed the purchase. Hopefully that invoice was a "stoner mistake" as well.

I just got home from work, and I'm feeling a bit ill, so I won't feel like looking into this more tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
I just got on here real quick just to check for replies to this post before laying down and resting.
Thanks for sharing, y'all.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

But that doesn't help with the invoice wanting an additional $40 for shipping that I was unaware of when I made the purchase

That does sound odd although I forgot where you are located pretty disheartening, anyway hope you see this tomorrow after some good rest that has you feeling better!

Shit Snacks

Oh wait, are we talking shipping internationally from Texas? That sounds about like the right price, actually. I had to ship something to Japan once, and to do it fully insured with tracking cost that, IIRC.

Yeah that is kind of the baseline price ime, was $24 to $40 for USPS and only gone up

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Ramahs

Oh wait, are we talking shipping internationally from Texas? That sounds about like the right price, actually. I had to ship something to Japan once, and to do it fully insured with tracking cost that, IIRC.

Not international. From Texas to Oregon, all in the US.

Yeah that is kind of the baseline price ime, was $24 to $40 for USPS and only gone up

Yeah, but it wasn't on the invoice I paid (which said I was getting free shipping, which I assumed was part of the 4/20 sale discount), and I didn't see anything on the order page that said that they bill more for shipping later.
That seems a bit shady/scammy to me.

The only reason I'm sharing it here and getting advice is because I was under the impression that this company already had a positive reputation with people here. Otherwise I would have just cancelled immediately.

Either way. I just emailed them. So, hopefully I'll be back here tomorrow singing their praises after they fixed the issue. We'll see...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

That seems a bit shady/scammy to me.

The only reason I'm sharing it here and getting advice is because I was under the impression that this company already had a positive reputation with people here. Otherwise I would have just cancelled immediately.

Either way. I just emailed them. So, hopefully I'll be back here tomorrow singing their praises after they fixed the issue. We'll see

Yeah that just doesn't track with our experiences, why that would be the case? I hope you are not maybe talking to the wrong person somehow and getting scammed by some outsider pretending to be them?? Stay vigilant and let us know, hoping it all works out in your favor sooner than later!

Ramahs

Yeah that just doesn't track with our experiences, why that would be the case? I hope you are not maybe talking to the wrong person somehow and getting scammed by some outsider pretending to be them?? Stay vigilant and let us know, hoping it all works out in your favor sooner than later!

All good now. It was me who was overreacting based on some past bad purchase experiences with other vendors.

Texas Hot Glass responded to my email. We are now good on the bowl attachment (I wanted it like the original pic), and they said the $40 invoice was indeed an accident that was supposed to go to someone else. So all is well.

Their response to my email was very fast as well.

I'm happy now, looking forward to receiving my Sherlock Shredder :tup:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So, I've circled back 'round to basically where I started looking for chaise lounge/bedside options... I dunno, I really kinda like these for a mini water-piece with removable downstem...? Doubt he'd charge much more for 14mm:

Top Bottom