Chat - the vestigial tail of FC

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
So, to my shame I've not clicked on FC Chat before this evening - and discovered its IRC

Aside from bringing back 20 year old memories of PGP encyrpted ICQ, I wondered has anyone used this recently? Was it ever used?

Or is it like the Resources Section?

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
So, to my shame I've not clicked on FC Chat before this evening - and discovered its IRC

Aside from bringing back 20 year old memories of PGP encyrpted ICQ, I wondered has anyone used this recently? Was it ever used?

Or is it like the Resources Section?

Back when I was first researching vapes with the magic of new (to me) broadband internet years ago, I came upon this site. I had many question but I didn't want to create an account and start posting right away. I found the chat feature and some very friendly people. Spaceghost (or at least that was the avatar), was kind enough to pop in and post my question on my behalf and report back.

Been here ever since. Although I don't think I've ever went back to the Chat aside from a time or two.

Magic9,

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Back when I was first researching vapes with the magic of new (to me) broadband internet years ago, I came upon this site. I had many question but I didn't want to create an account and start posting right away. I found the chat feature and some very friendly people. Spaceghost (or at least that was the avatar), was kind enough to pop in and post my question on my behalf and report back.

Been here ever since. Although I don't think I've ever went back to the Chat aside from a time or two.
Great story. Thank you for sharing. I wonder if the IRC aspect might put some folks off, or if it's not such a big deal... Either way, I'm glad there are folks on hand. Or at least, in living memory

Last edited:
Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: Magic9
Top Bottom