Chaos by Phattpiggie

someTooL

Have been spoiled only using a cobra coil so far (and that coil most certainly has made me use my banger more). I see myself breaking out the torch sometime soon before the summer heat hits.

coolbreeze

Any suggestions on how to remove the top hat from the Chaos? I was using it with the TA last night--no clip--and now it's frozen in there good. Thoughts, ideas and suggestions?

PeePhlegm

Any suggestions on how to remove the top hat from the Chaos? I was using it with the TA last night--no clip--and now it's frozen in there good. Thoughts, ideas and suggestions?
Did you try screwing the whole head off, taking both screens out, emptying the balls and pushing the top hat from the inside out the bottom? If that doesn't work initially you could try heat and push it out with something?

Without going to all that trouble you could try heat it and pull it out with a small metal hook?

coolbreeze

Did you try screwing the whole head off, taking both screens out, emptying the balls and pushing the top hat from the inside out the bottom? If that doesn't work initially you could try heat and push it out with something?
This I have not tried yet, I'll reserve this as a last measure. It seems pretty solidly locked so hard to say whether even this would do it?
Without going to all that trouble you could try heat it and pull it out with a small metal hook?
This I have tried, no luck so far. Maybe I'll stick it in the freezer for a bit....

coolbreeze,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
A couple of us had this problem. Some of the TA adapters are not the right size and get stuck. Mine came out because I was already paranoid from a friend's getting stuck. So I had not really forced it and did not use the clip. It was still a struggle. I believe my friend had to send it back to Phattpiggie for repairs.

The good news is that Phattpiggie and Vgoodiez have the new TA adapters. I'm getting one with Thermal Accumulator order.

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze I can only apologise about this. I realised there was an issue after they went out. Another nail in the coffin for the old CNC guy.

Anyone else who intends on using a TA with the Chaos please contact @VGOODIEZ and they will send you out a new TA adapter.
Thank you, @phattpiggie , I will reach out to @VGOODIEZ . Can you advise on un-sticking? I'm happy to try anything!

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Grass Yes

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
New screens will go out next week @someTooL.

@coolbreeze take the core to pieces and try tapping it out from the inside.
Make sure and replace the top screen or the balls will fall out. Try and push this screen down at the edges or it'll stick when you screw it back together.

I found a company who made a die specifically to cut the new top screen.

I'm going to post some 'how to' videos this weekend.

someTooL

Thank you. I’ll reach out to Scott next to check in for the pieces.

For the screens, never knew mine didn’t have a top screen until taking apart. Have turned upside down many time with nothing spilling out the top.

coolbreeze

New screens will go out next week @someTooL.

@coolbreeze take the core to pieces and try tapping it out from the inside.
Make sure and replace the top screen or the balls will fall out. Try and push this screen down at the edges or it'll stick when you screw it back together.
Thank you, I will do this if my last attempts fail. It is a fantastic heater for the TA. I was doing direct hits with it last night and hoo-boy!
Mine has the same issue, tape wrapped pliers seemed to be the only way to remove @coolbreeze.
I did try this to no avail, but maybe after I get it out of the freezer it'll work. Appreciate the help. : )

Edit: Got it out! I had to disassemble and give it a few good whacks before it'd budge but it's free. The top screen was a bit of a challenge but it should all be good now. It's in the coil preparing for flight.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

ancient aliens face GIF

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just wondering how much conduction do you experience from the chaos heater to the bowl? is there much heat loss? anyone heat soaking bowls?

VapingYogi,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just wondering how much conduction do you experience from the chaos heater to the bowl? is there much heat loss? anyone heat soaking bowls?
Nearly no conduction in my experience. I also never heat soak. It has been pointless for me, and makes even less sense to me with a wireless vape.

Although I really like the stock bowl. It compliments the Chaos nicely. I still need to try it with my TA. That looks pretty fun.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Nearly no conduction in my experience. I also never heat soak. It has been pointless for me, and makes even less sense to me with a wireless vape.

Although I really like the stock bowl. It compliments the Chaos nicely. I still need to try it with my TA. That looks pretty fun.
Thanks Grass, I didn't think there would be, it seemed like a convection bias and the stock bowl / adapter doesn't look likely to heat up much. I'm curious if the experience is any different using a TA.

The Chao is pretty large, do you think the whole thing heats up evenly in the axil coil? What's the heat retention like?

I understand your feelings regarding it being pointless to heat soak a bowl, but I find that I prefer having 2 coils going, one with my bowl at a lower temp and then my heater at a higher temp to get the hits I am looking for - for example using the Mary and the Screwball bowl I put the Mary at 575f and the bowl to 475f and I find I get a better experience than using a cold bowl where a heap of heat is lost quickly to the bowl - which is why I asked.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The Chao is pretty large, do you think the whole thing heats up evenly in the axil coil? What's the heat retention like?
It takes a bit more time to heat than some other wireless ball vapes but only a few minutes more. I don't know how evenly the thermal material (glass balls, by default) are heated vertically, but it's very even across the bowl. It retains heat well through the time it takes to vape more than a bowl, similar to other wireless vapes.

I've meant to test out rubies in the Chaos, but haven't got around to it due to being easily distracted.
I understand your feelings regarding it being pointless to heat soak a bowl, but I find that I prefer having 2 coils going, one with my bowl at a lower temp and then my heater at a higher temp to get the hits I am looking fo
Heating a bowl in a coil does not seem pointless to me. It's great that you've got a wireless heating setup going for your screwball bowl. I think leaving a vape on top of a bowl to attempt adding conduction is pointless.

I don't think the Chaos bowl would lend itself to direct heating like that, but it works with my Vulcan and other bowls once I flipped the screen. The new screens will probably help even more.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Easywider

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just wondering if anyone with a Chaos can confirm for me if it’s a good fit / seal with either the screwballs bowl? or the shovelhead?

I know the chaos is a convection beast, I have yet to be happy with a convection (dominant) device but the Chaos’s size (400x3mm) is huge compared to any of the systems I have tried in the past which makes me curious if it might break the cycle of convection disappointment.

If it pairs well with a bowl I can heat soak first (I'm mainly using the screwball bowl but I have a shovelhead bowl) for a hybrid experience I’d be keen to try it to see size matters.

@Custom Flower Hardware You might be the only person with enough kit to be able to answer such a question?

Last edited:
Top Bottom