Ceramic Screen Recommendations for Flowermate V5.0s

Status
Not open for further replies.

tie

I can't remember where I read it, but I heard that laying a ceramic screen on top of a loaded chamber can hugely benefit vapor quality on Flowermate V5's. It's supposed to make the vapor much thicker.

I'm looking to purchase a ceramic vape screen, but they seem to range in sizes.

They range from 8 mm, to 3/8 inch, to no size specification at all.

Any advice from anyone who's tried to increase airflow/vapor quality in their Flowermate? If you've tried this ceramic screen approach, what brands/sizes did you try?

Petro

I use an 8mm screen too - I put it on top of the load before I tamp it down. I don't think it adds anything to the vapor production but it sure stops the herb getting sucked up into the mouthpiece screen.

I would say it's the most beneficial thing you can do to your Flowermate, it essentially stops any clogging of the MP screen while drawing, which I found to be the biggest trouble with mine.

tie

I use an 8mm screen too - I put it on top of the load before I tamp it down. I don't think it adds anything to the vapor production but it sure stops the herb getting sucked up into the mouthpiece screen.

I would say it's the most beneficial thing you can do to your Flowermate, it essentially stops any clogging of the MP screen while drawing, which I found to be the biggest trouble with mine.
The clogging of my mouthpiece screen has been the single most frustrating aspect of my FM.

Have you found best results when the herb is kind of loose in the chamber or really packed down? I've never been able to decide for myself.

Petro

In my opinion the best results would be from a medium packing with a ceramic/glass screen on top. You want it packed enough for good heat transfer but not enough to stop air entering through the bottom of the chamber. A tighter pack also stops so much herb getting sucked onto the mouthpiece.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I found having an 8mm ceramic screen top & bottom with a well tamped load worked wonders for me. Combine that with an 8mm titanium screen in the mouthpiece & happy daze.

tie

I found having an 8mm ceramic screen top & bottom with a well tamped load worked wonders for me. Combine that with an 8mm titanium screen in the mouthpiece & happy daze.
Are you saying that the original metal screen should be replaced by a titanium one?

tie,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Are you saying that the original metal screen should be replaced by a titanium one?

Yes. Not specifically with a titanium one, I just had a couple lying around from combustion days. I will say it is a perfect fit & clogs way less. That mouthpiece screen is the biggest failing of the Flowermate & easily rectified. It also substantially assists with draw restriction.

reusable-screens.jpg

2401.jpg

llebhcaoc

Yes. Not specifically with a titanium one, I just had a couple lying around from combustion days. I will say it is a perfect fit & clogs way less. That mouthpiece screen is the biggest failing of the Flowermate & easily rectified. It also substantially assists with draw restriction.

reusable-screens.jpg

2401.jpg

Do you remember where your titanium screens came from?

I have 2 titanium hips....So I think I should have some titanium screens too.

Geez, I sound like an old fart sometimes...

Oh well, WTF, onward and upward!

llebhcaoc,
Reactions: lazylathe

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I got mine from Oz Bongs but that is an Australian site, I think I paid $1 each screen. Would there not be 1,000,000 US sites that would have an 8mm metal screen available?

Stevenski,

llebhcaoc

I got mine from Oz Bongs but that is an Australian site, I think I paid $1 each screen. Would there not be 1,000,000 US sites that would have an 8mm metal screen available?

Found them....thx!....And guess where.....wait for it....wait for it...PIU....thx again Randy!

llebhcaoc,
Reactions: Stevenski

Hot Dog Day 187

Do any of these ceramic screens fit heat island silicone roasting tubes? i am looking to avoid metal screens altogether

Hot Dog Day 187,

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
I am also wondering if anyone has used a ceramic screen for the ecapple iv-1 the mouth piece clogs up way too fast i get the standard screens that my local B&M has. if they are too big i just cut trim them to size. Also if you would know what size screen to use if anyone else uses this.

LarryYo,

tie

Update: The 8mm screens arrived and I'm a little confused. They're much smaller than the width of the actual chamber, and kind of slide around loosely.

Are they supposed to fit this loosely?
2koqjd.jpg

Petro

Yeah that's right, don't worry about the loose fit. I thought it was going to fit snug when I bought them but it seems to work well anyway and they're easier to get out if smaller. Just put it on top of your load and tamp it down.

Petro,
Reactions: tie

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
They aren't perfect tie but they do work on the bottom. I found they reduced chamber size & will reduce fouling of the bottom screen. Add one on top of your load (just to stop the puck sliding up) & a new mouthpiece screen & your set. If you have a 14mm water pipe you should be able to hook up your unit to water using either the silicone mouthpiece or the glass one with a cheap o ring from a hardware store.

Stevenski,
Reactions: tie

tie

Yeah that's right, don't worry about the loose fit. I thought it was going to fit snug when I bought them but it seems to work well anyway and they're easier to get out if smaller. Just put it on top of your load and tamp it down.

They aren't perfect tie but they do work on the bottom. I found they reduced chamber size & will reduce fouling of the bottom screen. Add one on top of your load (just to stop the puck sliding up) & a new mouthpiece screen & your set. If you have a 14mm water pipe you should be able to hook up your unit to water using either the silicone mouthpiece or the glass one with a cheap o ring from a hardware store.

Gotcha. The titanium screens fit and feel great. I look forward to testing soon.

tie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom