Ceramic Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys - this might be an odd question but I figured maybe someone would know. I was looking to convert a smokingish pipe to a vaporizer and thought maybe I could do it was a ceramic filter of some kind similar to the VaporGenie. I would be able to dremel it down to size if its slightly too big. Does anyone know of somewhere to buy something like that? I know VaporGenie sells them 'to their customers' for $10 but I can't seem to find anywhere else that has exactly what I'm looking for by searching the webs. I wouldn't mind getting the aluminum vaporgenie bat instead but its not in stock anywhere online that I can find.

bobwillhack,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If you buy a VG coil, it'll fit right into your downstem (14 or 18mm). Super easy vaporbong rips and the price is right. :cool:

Stu,
If I was to spend that kind of cash I would rather just get the aluminum/stainless steel bat since I don't like the idea of the springs bending in the pockets, getting powder in my pants. They are just too much for me to buy though - I just got a Arizer Solo and I just want something with no smell, no taste added from electronics and the like, something that could be a good backup that is super cheap since I have a pipe already to convert. Thanks for the suggestion though, that was very fast ;)

bobwillhack,
apparently not!! I guess I should find it that cheap somewhere. The cheapest I can find is $40 so far

bobwillhack,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think the 50% off sale that I was referring to may be over.

VaporGenie
However it is still relatively inexpensive. I ordered mine through Puffitup and with the FC discount it came to about $32 IIRC. Dollar for dollar, it's probably the best vaporizer bargain I've ever bought.... although the Vapolution 2.0 for $99 was quite a steal, too.
:peace:

Stu,
hey Stu, thanks for the suggestions. I think after my research I'll just end up buying a glass VG, since you don't directly inhale whatever you use to light it - although I'll look like I'm smoking crack.

Max, can you vap directly from the vaporstar or do you need to hook it up to something? Thanks guys!

bobwillhack,

max

Out to lunch
The Vaporstar is designed to be used with some kind of glass, but you can connect it to vape tubing alone if you want. I'd use silicone. You need some distance between the bowl and your mouth. As for design, it uses the same type of ceramic filter as the Genie.

max,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Hey bob in your initial post you said you wanted to convert a smoking pipe - post a pic please. I recently was about to ebay my 20 y/o Protopipe as I have no inclination to combust again, but it has a lot of sentimental value. Then, like you, I wanted to see if I could convert it to vaporize - and I think I might be able to :brow:

I've got a little mod to make then some testing, but I'm pretty sure it will work. If you post a pic of your pipe I'll let you know if it can hold this mod and then direct you on how to 'fix' it.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Thanks Tokin, I'll upload a picture when I get a moment, but for now, it looks a lot like this one:
974988_f248.jpg

bobwillhack,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You could also get a metal vapobowl cap if it fits your pipe.

The diameter needed is around 16mm if you want to use that.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hey bob in your initial post you said you wanted to convert a smoking pipe - post a pic please. I recently was about to ebay my 20 y/o Protopipe as I have no inclination to combust again, but it has a lot of sentimental value. Then, like you, I wanted to see if I could convert it to vaporize - and I think I might be able to :brow:

I've got a little mod to make then some testing, but I'm pretty sure it will work. If you post a pic of your pipe I'll let you know if it can hold this mod and then direct you on how to 'fix' it.

I was actually talking to a guy at the vaporgenie thread about modding a regular pipe into a genie. I suggested using a dismantled vg coil or buy spare filter and screen.

Looking forward to see how your turns out! ;)

vorrange,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
You could also get a metal vapobowl cap if it fits your pipe.
Good man. That's exactly what I'm using. The bowl on the Protopipe is smaller than the Vapobowl cap so I'm going to use smaller diameter tubing inside to connect the two. Will do it in the next day or two and post pics.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I had to google that Protopipe, but that's a pretty cool pipe! I was just wondering how you were getting the smoke stench out of it (I assume you or someone else used to smoke out of it) thinking it was made out of wood, but that will work :tup:

OhTheAgony,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom