CCA Liger banger V3.0

toros23

Gentleman with all this talk of different caps that work great I must say that either I got VERY lucky or maybe your tolerances are off a bit but the Storm Cell cap is the most restrictive cap I have ever used. My 20mm seals up like a vault when I cap it. I have 2 different bubble caps from old quartz bangers and they work well just not as well as the storm cell. This has me scratching my head as there are so many complaints about the CCA caps and my experience has been the exact opposite. My dabber stays in the cap securely, I can spin the cap with the dabber and it NEVER comes loose. I never see any wisps of vapor leaving my bucket when the cap is on. I wish everyone could come hit my Liger once and let me know if they feel the same or think I am nuts. I couldnt be happier with mine (except I do wish the dabber was longer). Hopefully Josh will get it all sorted where everyone has the same experience as I am having with his caps. just my $.02.

I agree, IME the Storm Cell is very restrictive and works really well with 20mm.. I almost settled on the storm cell cap but decided to try other options anyway and am glad I did. Despite more restriction with the storm cap, the bubble cap is working better than anything else. I don't really know why since I do not usually have a lot of material to move around the dish, but I am definitely getting more vapor on the first pull with the bubble cap. It was like an instant upgrade for my setup. Function-wise, it feels like these bubble caps were made for the 20mm liger.

Last edited:

cubbies256

After all the reading about the bubble caps. Which one would be best for a 30 and a 20mm setup? Any help much appreciated.

cubbies256,
Reactions: Hogni

ItWasaGoodDre

The Storm cell CAN be really nice if Josh tests the cap with the bucket before he ships it. The bucket and cap have to be perfectly machined in order to get a proper seal.

Glass caps just work best. The Ti has to be machined just right for the Storm to work. Mine works really nice but still doesn't hold a candle to the Terp Trunk or The Riptide caps.

Personally, I'd scrape the R&D money on these caps and focus on the bucket/inserts.
+1

After all the reading about the bubble caps. Which one would be best for a 30 and a 20mm setup? Any help much appreciated.

Look up Heady Glass (its in CO) on IG and DM them about one of Chad Bro's bubble caps. They are only $30!

I agree, IME the Storm Cell is very restrictive and works really well with 20mm.. I almost settled on the storm cell cap but decided to try other options anyway and am glad I did. Despite more restriction with the storm cap, the bubble cap is working better than anything else. I don't really know why since I do not usually have a lot of material to move around the dish, but I am definitely getting more vapor on the first pull with the bubble cap. It was like an instant upgrade for my setup. Function-wise, it feels like these bubble caps were made for the 20mm liger.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
ItWasaGoodDre,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
+1

Look up Heady Glass (its in CO) on IG and DM them about one of Chad Bro's bubble caps. They are only $30!

One size fits it all, the 20 and the 30mm?
Or does one cap fit better to a 20mm while another fit better to the 30?
Are there different sized versions of the bubble caps and the terp trunks and when yes how are their measures?

Hogni,

Seanstuffy

Ordered 20 mm bucket 2/13/17. I just got a tracking number yesterday for it. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow on 4/8/18.
Thanks i got mine today. Jus hope what i was told id get an payed for will actually be in the package! Yea almost 2 months for me also!

Seanstuffy,
Reactions: Danksta

Gn0sis

Fresh from CCA710 Instagram page:

• This is an announcement to all who are currently waiting on an order or received a defective product: We have ran into an issue with our recent batch of Quartz.. none are up too our/your standard. If you received one recently please send us an email/DM. This company has always stood by our products and has a mission to only offer the very best product in this industry. Your inserts WILL be replaced no question! Our goal is to ensure you receive the top quality product that you expect from us.

Please be patient as we are continuously getting orders shipped and slowly but surely are catching up. There is a reason why our demand is so high at the moment.

Our promise is your satisfaction, if you are unsatisfied please let me know so I can personally make it right. -Josh

• Concerning emails: this is our main priority (besides getting orders shipped out). Due to the enormous mass we have been force to brainstorm how to organize and efficiently answer all individuals. We believe we have found the answer in a customer tracking/ticket system! It will be implemented this weekend and next week we will be working our way through the jungle. I apologize, this has taken longer than expected. We are not ignoring you and will be answering everyone shortly!

Seanstuffy

I hope the sapphire are not a inferior sapphire then what he use to sell for the price it cost!

Seanstuffy,

TheGlobfather

I've had my quartz insert back ordered for about 2 months now, I've sent a couple emails to Josh with no reply. Got an email saying it shipped two weeks ago but usps is still awaiting the item apparently. I've been trying to be so patient but being left in the dark about this has been kind of frustrating :/ anybody know what's going on? I haven't really seen anyone else have this problem with the quartz dishes being back ordered

Last edited:
TheGlobfather,

damm

I've had my quartz insert back ordered for about 2 months now, I've sent a couple emails to Josh with no reply. Got an email saying it shipped two weeks ago but usps is still awaiting the item apparently. I've been trying to be so patient but being left in the dark about this has been kind of frustrating :/ anybody know what's going on? I haven't really seen anyone else have this problem with the quart dishes being back ordered
I really don't think anyone knows what's going on. I got a tracking number for a replacement Quartz insert (I guess) the other day. Wasn't expecting it

I'm still waiting for the refund on my SiC insert to be honest; Josh hasn't replied in awhile and nor has @mrbonsai420

So who knows what's really going on; no one has really spoken up to take responsibility really.

damm,

cubbies256

I got a replacement for a quartz dish and it was suppose to be a sapphire dish but is extremely clear. Any way to tell the difference?

cubbies256,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I really don't think anyone knows what's going on. I got a tracking number for a replacement Quartz insert (I guess) the other day. Wasn't expecting it

I'm still waiting for the refund on my SiC insert to be honest; Josh hasn't replied in awhile and nor has @mrbonsai420

So who knows what's really going on; no one has really spoken up to take responsibility really.

Yes last batch of sapphire polish was very clear. And they were good quality (from what I have heard so far, I do not have one from this batch). The quarts apparently was not. Weight is different on the 2, I can get you exact weights of both ifn case you have both like I do so you don't mix them up. Although once you set it to 600 degrees it's easy to tell. Quartz needs more heat but the sapphire gives a nice dab at this temp for my errl., and apparently if it was just received and it doesn't shatter it's sapphire because this last batch of quartz was shite according to a few users I spoke to.

Everyone who just got quartz will also get another quartz next shipment too. Sorry for all of the fuck ups!

Josh was going to figure out the refunds because it gets quite confusing when some people paid full retail and others used various discount codes and are owed less money. If you are in a hurry for that I can figure yours out and get you the partial SiC refund.

Last edited:
mrbonsai420,
Reactions: mutten840

damm

Josh was going to figure out the refunds because it gets quite confusing when some people paid full retail and others used various discount codes and are owed less money. If you are in a hurry for that I can figure yours out and get you the partial SiC refund.

Feel free; I've opened an partial refund on Paypal. I have no discount codes or anything; I just want the 10$ Postage for the 20mm SiC bucket I had to send back that was sent to me in error (of the flat coil size) and the cost of the SiC dish. the 15$ CCA Credit would be nice as I ordered this December 2nd and damn we're getting closer to may every day.

damm,

Seanstuffy

So this is bs sapphire i paid mad money for? Why are they different colors? Hope we aint gettin bs items to make up lost funds due to promises he cant fufill?

Seanstuffy,

carini

No email responses yet to me and its been over a week or maybe two now. The titanium actually isn't bad but jesus this has become a shit show similar to the current us president's administration

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Yup.... I thought this was the next best thing, but he just does not appear to have his shit together.

FlyingLow,

Seanstuffy

I just hope i get a real sapphire insert that i paid for an not some wierd quartz sapphire mix or china sapphire for the price i payed.. I dont get why they would look different from other batches just dosnt add up being same company u used before for them... Can u give the wieght of the sapphire dishes? Even tho it dosnt prove its real sapphire?

Last edited:
Seanstuffy,

cubbies256

I did what bonsai said and set my temp to 600 and got way bigger of a hit than I did with the quartz that cracked. Not sure if that's a good way to tell or not. I'm a little skeptical about it being so clear as well. I wish it was easier to tell them apart but they look so much a like.

cubbies256,

Seanstuffy

@cubbies256 i feel the exact same! all that proves is that they are 2 diff materials! it dosnt prove one was sapphire wat so ever just because of different hits at different temps lol! I quit smokin cigs About 2 weeks ago an havnt smoked much due to having the flu an pnuemonia that im still jus gettin over! so i def been feelin different on these antibiotics an not bein lifted as i usually am 24/7. 365. Thanks @Gn0sis for the reasurance! Im woundering about the latest batch of sapphire they recently recieved due to i believe its from the same company that shipped the bad quartz or we it was they got sent! Seems like glass or some other stuff to me from how they are breaking sooo easy! Sorry if my cig withdrawl brought me off as a d**k everyone! I Apologize!

Seanstuffy,
Mostly to Mr. Stuffy, but not just. :D

It looks like gemologist's use a refractometer to analyze the way light passes through gem quality materials for quick identification. With the refractive index (RI) output from the refractometer, you can then identify if a material is either (white) sapphire, ruby, diamond, glass, etc. Sapphire is a supposedly an easy RI to identify with even basic units, while more expensive units can differentiate between natural and lab created gems. Not really important in this case, as all you want to know if it is sapphire.

If you know anyone with such a device, have a jeweler friend, or are willing to spend the 30 - 60 bones for a basic unit it may be worth the peace of mind. A local jeweler may even identify it for you for 20 - 30ish.

I am still very happy with quartz having only just started using it a few months back (super late to the enail game.... :disgust:). That said, I am slowly getting more and more intrigued by the SIC and Sapphire materials while still put off by the price.

I have been a few weeks waiting for a Liger 20mm setup with quartz, and while I am optimistically hoping it wont be a 2 month thing you all have pretty well prepared me for that possibility. I definitely don't want defective gear, so here's hoping that is all sorted in good time.

Cheers Everyone! :science:

Seanstuffy

Thanks! @ToastyRoland. I jus smoked an relaxed an now l dont even almost kno why i was trippin. I trust them! And apologize to cca and everyone for trippin! I guess not smokin got me paranoid! I jus was havin a nicitine bitch fit i think an was upset hearing more problems with things after a long wait already and with everything already going on! But after some phantom cookies i realized how stupid i was being! Lol. My order is at my post office now so tomm ill let everyone know how it went!

Texan Dabbed

Cannabis career dreamer
One size fits it all, the 20 and the 30mm?
Or does one cap fit better to a 20mm while another fit better to the 30?
Are there different sized versions of the bubble caps and the terp trunks and when yes how are their measures?
Most of the PB-style caps I've seen are 23-27mm in diameter, which means they sit fine on the 20mm bucket but are too small for the 30. I have a 30 and got @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd to make me a custom cap for mine. It's all about the size. As long as you're dealing with a sphere it doesn't have to be the "perfect size", just big enough to cover the bucket.

Top Bottom