CCA Liger banger V3.0

herbivore21

Just got my shipping notification, should probably be here by next Monday! For reference I ordered 3 weeks ago, judging by the others he does seem to be going in order number.
This coincides with my experience too, in that it definitely seems Josh is sending out packages in the sequence that they were ordered. This was what he originally promised!

Last edited:
herbivore21,
Reactions: Danksta

mutten840

I got some really nice blackberry shatter and have been dabbing on the 20mm SiC insert at 615F. The flavor is not as good as the sapphire, but is really nice none the less. The big thing was to make sure the coil was spread and snugged onto the housing of the Liger V3 and once I found the gravy spot. I was able to then lower the temp down from 640, to 615. Glorious 615!!! I scoffed at the Qtip cleanup. But am a sworn follower as it is what helps keep the flavor at optimal for all dabs after the first dab on the clean insert. Anyone who has been waiting will be happy as it is just an improved version of the already awesome Liger.

herbivore21

I just tried the stable uptemp tek on my d-nail sapphire halo, it was delicious! I can't wait to check it out on my sapphire Liger 30mm! I get the feeling it will heat up more gradually because of the increased surface area, which I think might lend itself very favorably to my cause :D

vapewithape

Wanted to dab on thanksgiving with all my cousins

you would think after waiting over a month i could get 2nd day delivery

sorry venting bc this sucks

vapewithape,

PoopMachine

Wanted to dab on thanksgiving with all my cousins

you would think after waiting over a month i could get 2nd day delivery

sorry venting bc this sucks

Yea.. even tho I got a shipping notice on the 21st, the stuff didnt actually go to the post office until yesterday so I wont see it until next week. Thought I might get to enjoy this over the days I took off but I guess not.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: GSR

Danksta

Having trouble getting my V3 dialed in. Are folks putting the washer on top or below the coil? I can't seem to get any milk until I crank it to around 750 and even then I had to pull really hard and have not been able to get consistent hits. I've spread the coil, almost think that might have made things worse. I see the potential, but I just can't get the dish hot enough to vaporize the dabs in a timely fashion. It takes about 10sec for the oil to fall off the dabber and then it slowly creates vapor.

Maybe my coil just sucks? My flat coil just doesn't seem like it's big enough for this 30mm bucket.

It's rather frustrating. I've already turned it off to cool off (me and the liger lol).

Danksta,

ReeferChiefer

Having trouble getting my V3 dialed in. Are folks putting the washer on top or below the coil? I can't seem to get any milk until I crank it to around 750 and even then I had to pull really hard and have not been able to get consistent hits. I've spread the coil, almost think that might have made things worse. I see the potential, but I just can't get the dish hot enough to vaporize the dabs in a timely fashion. It takes about 10sec for the oil to fall off the dabber and then it slowly creates vapor.

Maybe my coil just sucks? My flat coil just doesn't seem like it's big enough for this 30mm bucket.

It's rather frustrating. I've already turned it off to cool off (me and the liger lol).
From bottom to top, it should be washer, coil, bucket. The coil needs to touch the bucket and it needs to be flush on it. This will maximize heat transfer. Check to see if you have it backwards.

Also, Josh said he was going to rework the locking cap that goes on the bottom of the bucket so that you won't need a washer.

ReeferChiefer,

vapewithape

From bottom to top, it should be washer, coil, bucket. The coil needs to touch the bucket and it needs to be flush on it. This will maximize heat transfer. Check to see if you have it backwards.

Also, Josh said he was going to rework the locking cap that goes on the bottom of the bucket so that you won't need a washer.

Will we be getting the new reworked locking cap

I am having the identical problem as the poster above

To the point that High5 is even sending a replacement nail to see if that will help

Now i have to deal with sending it back

Any idea of what size washer i need so i can go grab it tomorrow

vapewithape,
Reactions: killick

herbivore21

This sounds like the beta heater cover shroud rather than the final release one if people are having trouble getting heat conduction to the nail.

@Danksta what kind of flat coil do you have? Which company made it? Does the heater sit firmly up against the dish? Does the heater shroud seem too large to fit the coil snugly or not?

I am wondering if you may have received the wrong shroud.

herbivore21,

vapewithape

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. Warning point issued.
This sounds like the beta heater cover shroud rather than the final release one if people are having trouble getting heat conduction to the nail.

@Danksta what kind of flat coil do you have? Which company made it? Does the heater sit firmly up against the dish? Does the heater shroud seem too large to fit the coil snugly or not?

What about me?

I received my Liger V3 in the very beginning i was one of the first to have it on these forums

I have had the identical issue where i have to literally jam my coil to the top of the Liger V3 to get contact with the cup otherwise im at 700 and up

Another issue im having is my Liger always seems to tilt down and to the left, it wont stay screwed on tightly and sit properly in my bong

Overall combined with lack of carb cap, the issues i had with the coil (to the point where now i am responsible to send an entire box and coil back to High5 bc the first could have been damaged - im covering all my bases), and just the general lack of information and support, this has to go down as one of my worst purchases in the vaping/420 area of my life

Compare this experience to buying a Volcano and it's night and day. Great and fast customer support. Instructions and information all over the internet (if there is none then Josh should provide it - at the least should be a 5 minute tutorial showing you how to get started and some tips and tricks)

We are not talking about a $20 item most people on these forums are spending bw $300-800 on a fucking Liger V3 and these are the issues that are occurring?

Sorry I am raging out bc I was supposed to get the carb cap two days ago and now wont be home to receive it for another few days making it roughly 45 days until i paid for the Liger and cap

Luckily a few members have personally contacted me to give me tips and tricks in the message section with one going as far as offering to Skype with me to check out my problem, The thing is i havent had the time to fucking sit down and talk to the guy bc i come home so late then i just end up taking a very unsatisfactory and shitty hot dab at 700-720 and calling it a night

Im sorry when i moved from a torch and American made Hoyes glass nail ($100+) I expected a marked improvement in taste, function, efficiency, and especially ease of use. I have received nothing but disappointment and at over $200 its probably gonna go down as one of my biggest regrets bc literally every fucking thing that is supposed to work isnt: Coil wont sit flush (which is funny bc High5 is an official partner and vndor for the Liger 3), wax wont vaporizer at correct temp, no support whatsoever, and an extremely long wait time only to be told that the products I received are not the final edition and he is coming out with a better fitting shroud and screw, which is of course complete bullshit for those that ordered the V3 AND paid for it before some even placed an order (that's why I thought it was hilarious that some people paid and wanted a V3 a week later when others like myself waited over 30 days just to get PART of the order for the V3)

Im in the customer service industry and have been my entire life. Ive had the same issues now for weeks, there is an added hassle of having to repackage and mail back my nail and box set up back to High5, and nothing has been done about it. I get the guy is busy, my father and I work 12-15 hour days at our business but that doesnt stop us from neglecting to provide basic customer support.

The thing that is also a little fishy is despite all my please for help, only a few people will respond and the rest will all claim how great the Liger is and how it's the best nail ever.

Brr it seems to be getting a little shilly in here. How can me and at least 2-3 other posters have the same issue but not more than 2-3 people are responding back and everyone else is just loving their V2/V3. So basically we are the 2-3 customers out of everyone that got fucked?

Shit doesnt make sense and is infuriating.

I even bought a special Fab Egg to use with the Liger and it works so shitty bc of the reduced airflow in the Liger V3 i can barely take hits out of it, so another $50-55 down the toilet

Im not just thoroughly unsatisfied, I'm fucking pissed. Many of my friends recommended me to get the Liger but the fucking thing doesnt even work let alone lock into place it tilts downward on my piece what a fucking joke

i keep the thing clean multiple times a week in ISO Ive followed every fucking tip and trick in this forum and still havent produced the results i wanted

Guess I am just going to have to work extra hard and plunk down another $200 on an actual solid titanium nail (Highly Educated) that has a network of support behind it

I get i bought a beta V3 product in pre-release but if ANYTHING that shows loyalty to the company and a willingness to pay for an item that hasnt been released or reviewed by the masses. Instead we are the ones that get punished while other people and vendors get their carb caps and Liger V3 early.

This is my 2nd but unfortunately my last pre order of any product from any category. I played the waiting, shitty support, and crap product game on Kickstarter never again.

Last edited:
What about me?

I received my Liger V3 in the very beginning i was one of the first to have it on these forums

I have had the identical issue where i have to literally jam my coil to the top of the Liger V3 to get contact with the cup otherwise im at 700 and up

Another issue im having is my Liger always seems to tilt down and to the left, it wont stay screwed on tightly and sit properly in my bong

Overall combined with lack of carb cap, the issues i had with the coil (to the point where now i am responsible to send an entire box and coil back to High5 bc the first could have been damaged - im covering all my bases), and just the general lack of information and support, this has to go down as one of my worst purchases in the vaping/420 area of my life

Compare this experience to buying a Volcano and it's night and day. Great and fast customer support. Instructions and information all over the internet (if there is none then Josh should provide it - at the least should be a 5 minute tutorial showing you how to get started and some tips and tricks)

We are not talking about a $20 item most people on these forums are spending bw $300-800 on a fucking Liger V3 and these are the issues that are occurring?

Sorry I am raging out bc I was supposed to get the carb cap two days ago and now wont be home to receive it for another few days making it roughly 45 days until i paid for the Liger and cap

Luckily a few members have personally contacted me to give me tips and tricks in the message section with one going as far as offering to Skype with me to check out my problem, The thing is i havent had the time to fucking sit down and talk to the guy bc i come home so late then i just end up taking a very unsatisfactory and shitty hot dab at 700-720 and calling it a night

Im sorry when i moved from a torch and American made Hoyes glass nail ($100+) I expected a marked improvement in taste, function, efficiency, and especially ease of use. I have received nothing but disappointment and at over $200 its probably gonna go down as one of my biggest regrets bc literally every fucking thing that is supposed to work isnt: Coil wont sit flush (which is funny bc High5 is an official partner and vndor for the Liger 3), wax wont vaporizer at correct temp, no support whatsoever, and an extremely long wait time only to be told that the products I received are not the final edition and he is coming out with a better fitting shroud and screw, which is of course complete bullshit for those that ordered the V3 AND paid for it before some even placed an order (that's why I thought it was hilarious that some people paid and wanted a V3 a week later when others like myself waited over 30 days just to get PART of the order for the V3)

Im in the customer service industry and have been my entire life. Ive had the same issues now for weeks, there is an added hassle of having to repackage and mail back my nail and box set up back to High5, and nothing has been done about it. I get the guy is busy, my father and I work 12-15 hour days at our business but that doesnt stop us from neglecting to provide basic customer support.

The thing that is also a little fishy is despite all my please for help, only a few people will respond and the rest will all claim how great the Liger is and how it's the best nail ever.

Brr it seems to be getting a little shilly in here. How can me and at least 2-3 other posters have the same issue but not more than 2-3 people are responding back and everyone else is just loving their V2/V3. So basically we are the 2-3 customers out of everyone that got fucked?

I even bought a special Fab Egg to use with the Liger and it works so shitty bc of the reduced airflow in the Liger V3 i can barely take hits out of it, so another $50-55 down the toilet

Im not just thoroughly unsatisfied, I'm fucking pissed. Many of my friends recommended me to get the Liger but the fucking thing doesnt even work let alone lock into place it tilts downward on my piece what a fucking joke

i keep the thing clean multiple times a week in ISO Ive followed every fucking tip and trick in this forum and still havent produced the results i wanted

Guess I am just going to have to work extra hard and plunk down another $200 on an actual solid titanium nail (Highly Educated) that has a network of support behind it

I get i bought a beta V3 product in pre-release but if ANYTHING that shows loyalty to the company and a willingness to pay for an item that hasnt been released or reviewed by the masses. Instead we are the ones that get punished while other people and vendors get their carb caps and Liger V3 early.

This is my 2nd but unfortunately my last pre order of any product from any category. I played the waiting, shitty support, and crap product game on Kickstarter never again.
WOW!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@vapewithape: Do you have asked Josh bc your probs?

Understanding your anger but the only real prob seems to be that the Liger doesnt work right in your setup? Please ask Josh and share here the solution of your probs - I'm sure there will be one.

Last edited:

vapewithape

@vapewithape: Do you have asked Josh bc your probs?

Understanding your anger but the only real prob seems to be that the Liger doesnt work right in your setup? Please ask Josh and share here the solution of your probs - I'm sure there will be one.

I sent Josh the initial copy of my post a few pages back on the thread

My main concern at that point was actually getting the carb cap

i get my new High5 box today and my cab cap hopefully i can use it and see what happens

vapewithape,

tepictoton

@vapewithape : for what it is worth...I felt ´ignored´ at times as well when first jumping on board the liger v2.0 wagon, but Josh has always made up for the extra wait...patience, it will be rewarded.

Just my two cents.

And, with some luck you might find the high five carb cap works with the V3.0 so that might already help you find your sweet spot for now.

Flavour city is just around the corner...

GSR

The complaint-to-compliment ratio is getting a little rough right now :uhoh:

My v3 has landed in my city. I think i might get it today. Hopefully i bring in a lil more positivity when i return from work :D

GSR,

ReeferChiefer

I had the same issue and it wasn't the coil, it was a lack of contact between the coil and the bucket. I had to put the temps at 900+ to get a good hit. Once I used a washer I'm back to <700.

The tilting shouldn't be a problem since you can adjust the degree of tilt anyway. One mistake I made was assuming the "bridge" of the banger had to be locked tight. It simply doesn't have to be, it can be screwed on just tight enough so that you can manipulate the tilt by hand without having to loosen the locking mechanism. It will still keep it sealed but will remain adjustable. Sometimes it's the bong not having a perfectly level area to set the nail.

Your enail is fine. It's simply not coming in full contact with your bucket. Again, mine needed to be set at 900+ at one point just to get a decent hit. If you want to cover your bases first, make sure to consult with us first before contacting enail company for full refunds.

So far it seems the issues that are occurring for you have more to do with improper contact on the bucket. Yes, a design flaw but it just shouldn't make you feel like this is the worst experience ever. I'm sorry you feel that way, I wish I were there from the beginning to help you out.

Now, you have every right to be pissed off. Why not? But don't insinuate people here are shills.... I mean seriously.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
What about me?

First off, this sounds like it sucks and is frustrating as hell.

I don't think that I can address all of your problems but I think that I can help with the issue of the bucket angling itself on your rig.
I've had that issue as well and I've found that the best way to mitigate the angling of the bucket is to:

1) Screw the airpath completely into the joint (the heat of the nail combined with the offset weight of the heater's cord can cause the bucket to angle if this set of threads isn't tightened completely.)

2) Then screw the airpath into the bucket to your desired depth.

3) Then screw down the locking collar on the airpath into the bucket as tightly as possible.
(This is the trickiest part as it's easy to get the collar tightened, but not so easy to keep the bucket flat while tightening the locking collar; sometimes it works well to keep the bucket very slightly offset in the counter-clockwise direction so that the final snug down of the locking collar also moves the bucket to a completely flat position)

Regarding the 30mm bucket, which heat shroud do you have? (it sounds like the beta version)
I also have the beta version and have found that the washer helps, but not that much.
I'm hoping to receive the production version heat shroud shortly (I imagine you should as well, any shipping notification on your end?).
The only way I've had positive results when using the 30mm V3 is when using my flat coil that is noticeably thicker than my DNail flat coil.
The DNail flat coil with the washer doesn't work that well for me.
Using the thicker flat coil w/o the washer gets me down into the temperature range that I'm using on my 20mm V3, however I still prefer the 20mm V3 overall.

:leaf:

ReeferChiefer

One thing to note, when I say leave the bridge of the banger loose enough to adjust by hand, you must keep in mind it also has to be tight enough to hold its position.

It's easy enough, though. Tighten it by hand enough that it won't be loose, but not so tight you can't unlock it again by hand.

ReeferChiefer,

herbivore21

What about me?

Man it sounds like you got the beta too. Especially when we consider that you received the item before most of us. The final version shroud only just arrived with the latest titanium delivery IIRC.

I do not know. I do not work for CCA and am not a shill for them to the point that in fact, people have accused me of being a shill for their main competitor. I fucking loathe that shit. Don't call people shills just because they had a different experience to you! It breaks the rules around here (name-calling and being nice are completely opposite behaviors), the precedent has been set long before your post above. Plenty of fanboys here I'm sure (as in every single thread on this board!), but no shills.

To reiterate, the only people that had Ligers before you IIRC were beta testers who had the beta shroud which didn't sit snug with people's flat coils. The reason I asked @Danksta which coil he had and not you is because you had already mentioned the coil you have. I don't know what the cause of the problem was, but actually, with feedback from @Danksta and Josh, we can get to the bottom of it. Lack of communication is annoying, but par for the course with a small company releasing a very popular vaporizer product!

Danksta

:bang: I really hope I wasn't sold a beta product. I thought the delay was for the public release. Just emailed Josh for clarification.

I have a High5 coil.

I have readjusted it and spent all day fighting with it. Last night I finally got down to around 700-725 and am happier, but still not thrilled.

I do get some of the anger. This was presented differently here and on social media than what I'm getting. My experience is still not great for having spent $500+. I get this is a modable custom device, but I probably went through a half g or more yesterday trying to dial this in. While I got stoned, I was pissed off the whole day. I was honestly in a shitty mood all night. I was not expecting to have to fight so hard to get this tuned in.

Still today I feel my rig should be milking more. I don't think the dish gets hot enough to vaporize the oil as well as my cheap newvape hybrid. I've been thinking of giving up and going back to what works...which isn't the liger sadly.

I noticed it takes forever for the dab to melt off my dabber and start to bubble. The insert just can't keep a stable temp. As soon as a dab touches the sapphire I can tell it cools.

I'm willing to work with Josh and the Liger, but I gotta say I'm already eyeing a Halo...

herbivore21

Damn! So your coil doesn't sit snug against the bottom of the dish? It definitely sounds like you guys have beta heater retaining shrouds (this is a very small component of the nail but obviously crucial!).

Please do get in touch with Josh right away on this one. He needs to know if beta shrouds are somehow going to folks with the pre-order deliveries.

I fully understand what you guys are saying, the liger is an expensive nail (more than an equivalent halo!) and for it not to work right away out of the box is very disappointing. I sure hope you guys can get to the bottom of it and get working setups soon! I really hope I don't have the same problem - but thankfully I already have all of the d-nail halos to keep me going in the meantime.

herbivore21,
Reactions: killick

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
:bang: I really hope I wasn't sold a beta product. I thought the delay was for the public release. Just emailed Josh for clarification.

I have a High5 coil.

I have readjusted it and spent all day fighting with it. Last night I finally got down to around 700-725 and am happier, but still not thrilled.

I do get some of the anger. This was presented differently here and on social media than what I'm getting. My experience is still not great for having spent $500+. I get this is a modable custom device, but I probably went through a half g or more yesterday trying to dial this in. While I got stoned, I was pissed off the whole day. I was honestly in a shitty mood all night. I was not expecting to have to fight so hard to get this tuned in.

Still today I feel my rig should be milking more. I don't think the dish gets hot enough to vaporize the oil as well as my cheap newvape hybrid. I've been thinking of giving up and going back to what works...which isn't the liger sadly.

I noticed it takes forever for the dab to melt off my dabber and start to bubble. The insert just can't keep a stable temp. As soon as a dab touches the sapphire I can tell it cools.

I'm willing to work with Josh and the Liger, but I gotta say I'm already eyeing a Halo...

Can you post a picture of your shroud/bucket?

alittledabwilldoya',
Top Bottom