CBN

little maggie

I've been reading about CBN for sleep. It looks like new products are coming out with this.

I've read conflicting info about this but it looks like old weed is a source of it. It's made when THC oxidizes and is no longer "potent". I found a jar that I'd stored and forgotten and have been wondering what to do with it. I'm going to experiment with it at bedtime since my sleep cycle is totally mixed up.

chris 71

If you look here

https://www.researchgate.net/public...nabinoid_content_of_vaporised_Cannabis_sativa

And scroll down to results and discussion ., figure 2 table 1

You can see that even with vaping at 446 degrees there isnt much cbn produced in there sample .

smoking the same sample produces a heck of a lot more cbn .

Maybe with aging the results could be higher with vaping . but by the looks of this particilar study if you want cbn burning is the way to go .

Im interested in CBN as well but for its tranquilizing effect similar to benzo drugs which help me a lot but they are dangorously addictive and not easy to get a docs perscription for

Here they compare its value to diazapam also knowen as valuim

https://www.steephill.com/blogs/34/Cannabinol-(CBD):-A-Sleeping-Synergy

What a god send this could be to so many anxity suffers an alturnitive to highly adictive dangorous drugs

Last edited:

biohacker

Personally I have a theory that CBN is what smokers crave when they say a vaporizer doesn't get them "stoned." As you note, it's caused by oxidation, but besides older material, it can also be produced from high temperatures.

This is true, and just to add to that I think smokers also crave that o2 deprivation effect when your heart starts to speed up and you get that "rush effect", thinking it's from the THC, but it's just CO robbing your cells of vital o2. And with higher temperatures, i'm sure nasty compounds like benzene cause certain "intoxicating" effects that aren't replicated in moderate to high temperature vaping.

I have personally tried dabbing CBN and don't think it really did as much as a nice full spectrum high cannabinoid extract.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This is true, and just to add to that I think smokers also crave that o2 deprivation effect when your heart starts to speed up and you get that "rush effect", thinking it's from the THC, but it's just CO robbing your cells of vital o2. And with higher temperatures, i'm sure nasty compounds like benzene cause certain "intoxicating" effects that aren't replicated in moderate to high temperature vaping.

I have personally tried dabbing CBN and don't think it really did as much as a nice full spectrum high cannabinoid extract.

I've made gel caps with reclaim and they are pretty stoney!

anda1anda2

The dispensaries here have started selling CBN sprays for sleep. They are really overpriced so I haven’t been tempted yet.

I will say I made edibles from year old BHO that was left at room temp in a jar. It darkened and the terp aroma had disappeared giving way to just a hashy smell. I assume there was some coversion to CBN and the edibles did seem extra sleepy.

chris 71

I have a bunch of old samples stored in mason jars up to around 4 years old .

I just vaped some a little while ago .
some 2 year old stuff not sure if im really getting any sedated effects yet or not .

This has got me thinking though maybe we should start a thread about old cannabis .

i think i will actully in the vaporizables section . if any one feels like sharing any experiences hope to see you there :)

analytika

I've been reading about CBN for sleep. It looks like new products are coming out with this.

I've read conflicting info about this but it looks like old weed is a source of it. It's made when THC oxidizes and is no longer "potent". I found a jar that I'd stored and forgotten and have been wondering what to do with it. I'm going to experiment with it at bedtime since my sleep cycle is totally mixed up.
I've tried pure CBN oral extract, alone and in combination with thc and cbd.

Nothing dramatic, alone it's hardly noticable. Doesn't magnificent anything else to a noteworthy extent.

It's said a substantive dose has the effect of just a microdose of a benzo. Not sure if I'd concur, seems less even then that.

CO carbon monoxide as much a factor or moreso in "the small asphyxiation" of combustion.

Last edited:
analytika,

chris 71

It's said a substantive dose has the effect of just a microdose of a benzo. Not sure if I'd concur, seems less even then that.

Im not sure either but according to the steephill labs write up 2.5 mg to 5 mg CBN would be like 5 to 10 mg of valium which is not a micro dose .

And according to the other study i linked above getting a 2.5 mg dose of cbn would not be to hard to get . maybe espically with aged cannabis .

I can say though i just vaped some 2 year old stuff and i cant say as it is anything close to valium so who knows .

Maybe my two year old stuff dosent have that much cbn after all .

Or maybe you really have to smoke it to get the cbn ?

chris 71,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I've been curious about this as well. Usually at night I vape my stuff to the point of black and find the sedative qualities to be magnified compared to lower temp vaping.

I'd love to try a larger dose of CBN to see the effects, or even in oral format to combine with vaping (vaping + oil is a solid 1-2 punch for insomnia in my books).

Creeper,
Top Bottom