CBD Question

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Snappo, could you provide a citation for this?
I haven't seen CBD linked to anxiety, I HAVE seen THC linked to it!

And to the rest of the crew, where is the best place to post reference info?
I've got a boiling point chart for cannabinoids, I'm pretty sure I've got a
vapor point chart, but I haven't found it yet.
I have no citations. My caution stems from the premises of this thread, upon which others may rely without full knowledge of, namely, CBD products that contain THC (as many do), if even in fractional trace amounts. CBD is generally known to mitigate many of the effects of THC, but the products discussed in this thread represent huge unknowns, IMO, as far as purity, ratios, sources (e.g., male/female industrial hemp or flower), extraction methods, etc. The products that have been discussed herein may very well contain small ratios of THC, and even the smallest amount of THC can trigger and exacerbate anxiety in anxiety-prone individuals. Even though CBD content can mitigate the effects of THC to an undetermined extent - also know that CBD's can prolong the duration of THC effects, and by extension I offered that same caution for the benefit of a highly anxious dog. CBD can extend the duration of the effects of THC by inhibiting the cytochrome P-450 enzymes that would cause more rapidly metabolized THC - plasma concentrations of THC thereby increase when using CBD, resulting in a greater amount of THC available to receptors and increasing the effect of THC in a dose-dependent manner (which means the more CBD you use, the more THC becomes available). In any event pertaining to the dog discussed above, I do not think CBD is necessarily the answer, and I worry that experimenting on an animal may cause it GREAT undue distress and also possibly lasting additional trauma. Human biochemistry, neurology, and physiology are much different than in dogs and other animals, and CBD studies don't address those differences as relate to the emotional effects, or our ability to perceive and measure them accurately. Even as minute as some of those differences might be, such variation may result in huge differences in reaction from one species to another. I would not recommend experimenting at home in the absence of such needed certainty.

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Good stuff Snappo!

here's some other relevant info: https://www.projectcbd.org/article/sourcing-cbd-marijuana-industrial-hemp-vagaries-federal-law

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/cbd-really-non-psychoactive

The cytochrome P-450 link was particularly amazing... https://www.projectcbd.org/article/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450

I have a paper from ProjectCBD.org from about 2 years ago, very good insight into some of the snake-oil folks :( But it's a pdf file, and I don't see any widget that allows attachments.

I've tried a number of different CBD-THC ratios, for cancer I'm leaning towards a 2-1 ratio from whole plant cannabinoids (terpenes included). I have used CBD oil from CWBotanicals.com (the Charlotte's Web folks), used 1-1 ratio dark chocolate edibles, and flower/concentrate for breakthrough pain.

oh, and as for the dog, I seem to recall checking into this quite some time ago, i asked a friend in Europe to see if their vets use it (it's available for humans with a prescription, or at least it was!).
I don't think I ever got an answer :(

I have no citations. My caution stems from the premises of this thread, upon which others may rely without full knowledge of, namely, CBD products that contain THC (as many do), if even in fractional trace amounts. CBD is generally known to mitigate many of the effects of THC, but the products discussed in this thread represent huge unknowns, IMO, as far as purity, ratios, sources (e.g., male/female industrial hemp or flower), extraction methods, etc. The products that have been discussed herein may very well contain small ratios of THC, and even the smallest amount of THC can trigger and exacerbate anxiety in anxiety-prone individuals. Even though CBD content can mitigate the effects of THC to an undetermined extent - also know that CBD's can prolong the duration of THC effects, and by extension I offered that same caution for the benefit of a highly anxious dog. CBD can extend the duration of the effects of THC by inhibiting the cytochrome P-450 enzymes that would cause more rapidly metabolized THC - plasma concentrations of THC thereby increase when using CBD, resulting in a greater amount of THC available to receptors and increasing the effect of THC in a dose-dependent manner (which means the more CBD you use, the more THC becomes available). In any event pertaining to the dog discussed above, I do not think CBD is necessarily the answer, and I worry that experimenting on an animal may cause it GREAT undue distress and also possibly lasting additional trauma. Human biochemistry, neurology, and physiology are much different than in dogs and other animals, and CBD studies don't address those differences as relate to the emotional effects, or our ability to perceive and measure them accurately. Even as minute as some of those differences might be, such variation may result in huge differences in reaction from one species to another. I would not recommend experimenting at home in the absence of such needed certainty.

looney2nz,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Good stuff Snappo!

here's some other relevant info: https://www.projectcbd.org/article/sourcing-cbd-marijuana-industrial-hemp-vagaries-federal-law

https://www.projectcbd.org/article/cbd-really-non-psychoactive

The cytochrome P-450 link was particularly amazing... https://www.projectcbd.org/article/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450

I have a paper from ProjectCBD.org from about 2 years ago, very good insight into some of the snake-oil folks :( But it's a pdf file, and I don't see any widget that allows attachments.

I've tried a number of different CBD-THC ratios, for cancer I'm leaning towards a 2-1 ratio from whole plant cannabinoids (terpenes included). I have used CBD oil from CWBotanicals.com (the Charlotte's Web folks), used 1-1 ratio dark chocolate edibles, and flower/concentrate for breakthrough pain.

oh, and as for the dog, I seem to recall checking into this quite some time ago, i asked a friend in Europe to see if their vets use it (it's available for humans with a prescription, or at least it was!).
I don't think I ever got an answer :(
If you haven't already, I recommend reading the few pages of this thread for some anecdotal reports on reactions to CBD isolats sans THC, and very low THC ratio. In light of these, and my own experiences with CBD +/- THC, I would take the authoritative citations with a grain of salt, and firmly stand by my caveat. The science is still in its infancy, the credible experience of many of us is not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom