Cautionary edible story.

cellardoor

So I remember always reading online that you have to be very careful with edibles but I always figured my tolerance was so high it wouldn't matter (I vape/smoke every day, sometimes multiple times a day). Plus I figured in a prohibition state the eibles I would get wouldn't be strong enough to really get me to green out.

I could not have been more wrong.

After eating two brownies to celebrate the end of my unofficial 2 day tolerance break (which I didn't honestly think would make a difference) I went to a friend's house and vaped probably a little over a gram with some friends vaporbonging with my EQ. 2 hours after the edibles I was feeling good, really good, like a 9, so I figured I was at my peak.

Still wrong.

We went to Denny's to munch out and after I ate I felt a sharp pain in my back and started seeing spots (similar to when you look into a bright light) I felt nauseas so I tried to get up to go to the bathroom at Denny's and on my way there (I don't remember much of this part) I collapsed and landed right on my face (which is bruised as hell right now from the tile). The paramedics came and luckily they were really nice, they asked me if I had been using cannabis and I was honest with them, one of them chuckled and said "you guys must have had the denny's munchies". At first I was hesitant to tell them about the weed but they were very cool about it. I'm fine now after a good night's rest but my face hurts pretty badly.

tl;dr: Edibles can green you out no matter who you are and paramedics don't care if you're high.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I feel for you cellardoor. My last experience with edibles was awful. I had horrible vertigo that lasted into the next day.

I think another rule of thumb with edibles is, "Go slow." Only eat a small amount at a time to see how you are going to react. Of course, in my case, I only ate 3/4 of a brownie. My husband ate the other 1/4 and had the same effect I had, only to a lesser degree. They were some kick ass brownies... :o

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The last two times I ate my brownie's, I went out shopping. I didn't feel too badly, but I was also in a wheelchair. I'm not sure if I could have been up walking around, even though my pain was almost gone. I was a bit dizzy when I got out of my wheelchair to get into our car. That surprised me a lot. I thought my tolerance was pretty high as well, but I was REALLY medicated, and I only ate a small bite. (that's how I have my brownie's portioned in the freezer)

I would have to agree. Be careful when it comes to edibles. In my case, I am probably at an advantage because I am in a wheelchair and I am not walking around. This is probably the first time I ever considered myself at an advantage being in a wheelchair, strange.

caseball2051

definitely gotta start slow.

I remember my first time eating some edibles with a friend. We were very surprised with the results.

Tweeks hit it with the rule. Staying home is my only edibles rule. LOL

find the right dosage and its wonderful though.

dorkus_molorkus

many,many beers ago when I was a young man with a six pack.(20yrs ago)
my buddy was making these cookies outta skunk shake, and one would bake you nicely, 2 would fuck your shit up a fair bit & 3 well........... read on

yup, stay home is the key. I had these tripped out aural hallucinations at the shopping centre, a serious panic attack over nacho's at the foodcourt, and cold sweats on the way back to the carpark with a helping of the dry heaves on the way.

but then, I currently go nuts with my tincture & just keep on keeping on. Doesnt seem to bother me like those devil cookies did way back then.

BTW- hi Vicki, Ive been in the internet wilderness for ages & its good to be back online finally. Hope you, the kitties & the barbies are good.:wave:

lauz

Apprentice vaporist
Do you think it was a combination of your tolerance break and the edibles that got you so baked? I may do a two day receptor reset if its worth it, getting a few withdrawals :(

lauz,

cellardoor

Do you think it was a combination of your tolerance break and the edibles that got you so baked? I may do a two day receptor reset if its worth it, getting a few withdrawals :(

Definitely, I was also a little deprived of food and sleep because I have a hard time eating and sleeping during T breaks.

cellardoor,
Reactions: Vicki

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I've never greened out harder than with edibles. Dear god, complete destruction of mind and body for a few hours. Wake up the next day thinking "oh man why am I STILL STONED?!"

Then an iHop food coma and riding shotgun to the beach :tup:

Quetzalcoatl,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
My first experience of being "stoned" was with a medible...

... and I wasn't at home :doh:

I'm just getting into making my own now, so I will be lurking in this section for awhile...

Enchantre,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I ate a brownie bite today before we went to the science center. I got the stupid nausea again. It made my whole day very unpleasant. :(

I bought a bottle of ginger capsules, and I'm hoping that helps more than just drinking ginger ale.

Vicki,
Top Bottom