Caretaker dilemma.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What is acceptable protocol and decorum in your opinion?

I have this guy "F" who I have enjoyed a friendly relationship for the past few years, his vaporizables are always high quality, he provides at home shopping and he leans on the generous side.
The only issue I have with "F" is that when he says he'll be "right over" that could mean next week.
A few nights ago he said "I'll be over in about 20 minutes" and I didn't hear from him until last night, and we met and it was a satisfactory exchange as always.

There's that, and then there's "J" who is on time like bang zoom, his vaporizables are always very high quality, the same in home or in car service in front of my building.
The only downside to "J" is that he's a bit of a tight wad - you get exactly what you ask for, nothing less and nothing more.
And "F" is far more generous, and it's more friendly - we bullshit about life and women and work, etc.,
and i really can't tell the difference quality wise between the two - they run neck and neck.

However this tardiness or lack of showing up without a phone call is not acceptable.

It is great that I have these options and it's so convenient but there is that - I guess I WANT things to work better with F but it's becoming a hit or miss situation.

I guess the solution is to just deal with the both of them and only contact F when I am in for the night anyway and have something to tide me over if it's a no show....

jeffp,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
While it sucks having a guy who says he'll be right there and all of a sudden 'can't get anything'... I would rather have someone I can be comfortable around and am on a good level with. If 'F' is being generous it means he probably thinks you're decent and isn't bound to screw around with you. Who cares if you gotta wait just a bit longer? I'd rather hold out for more haha.

mattybass,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
It's just the way it goes , but having both diverse relationships isn't a bad thing either , variety is the spice of life , just try to plan for the situation :brow:

Samsquanch,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Exactly, it's the nature of the situation. I trust both of them and I am comfortable with both but I have more of a longstanding involvement with "F" and he's far more generous.
I remember about a year or so ago he couldn't make it so he sent these two women over - "interns" so to speak - to complete the transaction, which I thought was very cool and unusual.
Met in front of Dunkin Donuts in their car for a few minutes.
I'll be glad when it's finally legal but I'll miss the adventure quality of all of this...

jeffp,

Tramp

Use both. Next wk, mo, yr. could change. Lots folks wish they had prob lik yours. Like n bidness, u need two or more product sources. 60/40 with orders maybe. Happy Wednesday !

Tramp,

GreenLeaf

I'd rather hypothetically have someone like "J" who will be there when you need them and delivers exactly what you ask for.

I wouldn't personally want to deal with a flake like "F" who says they'll be over and it could take up to a week or a few days.

You're buying drugs from this person they're not your friend, shrink, or buddy even if you want them to be.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm on other sites where people write about doing things like falling in love with their dealer or how they'll want an actual friendship or relationship with a dealer.

GreenLeaf,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i actually phased out of an involvement with a dealer who wanted to be my friend and i didn't want that with that particular person.
friendly and friend are two different things. friendly but at an arm's length is best.....
I've resolved to retain both even though F is definitely a flake, or a fuck up - many words start with "F"....

jeffp,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i'm not sure if you live in a legal mmj state or not.

if it's legal i'm guessing you have several other options available. i live in rural montana and have no problem getting great meds from a great caregiver. if that's your case i would switch asap.

if you live in a state without mmj then i guess that's how dealers are and it sucks.

SSS,
Top Bottom