Car Vape

BackdoorJesus

Take this, and eat it
That also includes the 5 minutes I give the iolite to get heated up to a good vape temp before I start hitting it.

BackdoorJesus,

CrazyCracker

VapoFish said:
Cr8 - I love the occasional road trip.

My iPod pumping great tunes, the passing scenery, some good bud and the company of a good bud is a great way to de-stress, at least for me. I truly enjoy the journey & when my destination is reached I'm ready for bear.

:peace:
Hell yes!

With my car, the PD receives no power when the car is off (it also wont charge my cell unless the car is on).

I guess minnesnowta is saying his car does keep the PD warm when the engine is off? Why else would you "leave mine plugged in my car when I'm at work"? So if you are driving a 2002 buick park ave or 1993 full sized chevy blazer like me...I would say no, you cant leave it plugged in all night and drive away puffing. Mine does get cold after 30 min, with a beer cozy and in the bag. Sure the outside wood is still a bit warm but I can push my finger against the metal tube without feeling any warmth. It takes maybe 15 min for me to get vapor after I start the car.

Edit: My friend has a volcano in his car. :lol:

CrazyCracker,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yup I leave mine plugged in in my car. And I drive a sunfire so it's not some desil truck with dual batterys. My battery is only a year or so old though. Tonight I had the pd plugged in during a 6.5hr shift, didn't go out to my car for break and accidently left my window cracked. It was 33 degrees out when I got in my car started it reached down and touched the heater port and it burned me like it should. The wood wasn't very warm though. My cigarette lighter in my car always has power going to it aswell.

And I have left it plugged in over night woke up in the morning and started crusin and it was ready to go. The longest I went was 12 hours. Yes it's going to be colder but after 15 min of driving around it's at full temp.

minnesnowta,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey not sure if it helps but on my last car I found one outlet in my console stayed hot even when the car was off while the one where the ciggy lighter would be did not.

If you have more than one outlet in your car you may need to test them... Just a thought :2c:

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah my car don't charge if it isnt turned on... leaving my unit in the car is a No Go for me..

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
their website states the following:

The external plastic used is Ultem 1000, which is FDA and United States Pharmacoepia Class VI compliant. Ultem 1000 is a thermoplastic polyetherimide high heat polymer designed by General Electric. Ultem 1000 is also commonly machined into parts for reusable medical devices, electrical/electronic insulators and a variety of structural components requiring high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures.

The internal plastics are made from DuPonttm Automotive Zenite liquid crystal polymer, which also has a very low thermal conductivity and is FDA approved for use in repeated food-contact applications. Zenite liquid crystal polymer is also used in auto ignition fuel handling, ovenware and the aerospace industry and for fuel or gas barrier structures.

DevoTheStrange,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Great thread. I was looking for people's opinions on the LB vs. IO. I have an IO but liked the idea that the LB heats much faster.

Seeing people's car experiences though, I'm going to stay with the IO due to not having to baby sit it between hits. Rush hour traffic is killer and I always enjoy a load when all I'm doing is staring at obnoxious yet funny bumper stickers.

quomist,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
when I use my iolite I tend too leave it in a cup holder in the center console. I have a piece of tubing and an extreme glass mouth piece attached too the iolite, with a clip that holds it too my seat belt. so when using both hands can just have the mini-whip of sorts hanging out my mouth. That is when I can remember where I stash the piece of tubing.

I also use a smaller diameter tubing that fits directly into the hole of the white mouthpiece of the IO. I use this one when i want too be more discreet. The other one you can totally see a big clear tube sticking out of my mouth.... with the thinner diameter it is harder too notice.

DevoTheStrange,

VapoFish

Wow - I love the stealthy measures some of you are using to conceal vaping activity while driving.

Discretion is where it's at - I've been a cannabis user for 30 plus years ... never been busted, not even close.

( :doh: Well, there was the time I remembered there was a joint behind my ear - just as the cop was handing me a ticket for a broken tail light. Yeah. But he missed it. :haw: )

VapoFish,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
VapoFish said:
Wow - I love the stealthy measures some of you are using to conceal vaping activity while driving.

Discretion is where it's at - I've been a cannabis user for 30 plus years ... never been busted, not even close.

( :doh: Well, there was the time I remembered there was a joint behind my ear - just as the cop was handing me a ticket for a broken tail light. Yeah. But he missed it. :haw: )
Hahaha..close call!

Good thing my old kit used to be housed in an eye glasses case on my car dashboard. The cop didn't suspect a thing when I got pulled over for speeding and then not having up to date registration. On the brightside, my two tickets were thrown out, but that kit was lost somewhere in Starbucks with my favourite pipe and a gram of good stuff. Lucky finders keepers for whoever got their hands on it....:ninja:

PS. Nice Santa hat on Mr. Fugu.

quomist,

CrazyCracker

lo said:
If you have more than one outlet in your car you may need to test them... Just a thought :2c:
Thanks for the idea:D my g/fs car has a cig lighter and separate plug. Ill give it a try.

CrazyCracker,
Top Bottom