Car Vape

kfx450r

Well, did a search and the only thread i found was flooded with PD (no offense) but just not what im looking for. Anyone recommend a nice good quality vape that can be used in a vehicle? Do not want the PD as i do not want to wait 9 weeks (like it says on the site atleast) and would RARELY have the 30-45 minutes to warm it up as i can never leave it on all the time. Or id get it.

Considering the LB as i hear there making a car adapter for it? Would like something of good quality and proven, a nice solo toker thats conservative.

Id like a Vapor Bros but that will have to wait till i have my own place. Or maybe even a PD by then.

Also i'd like to add while the iolite seems to fit the bill nicely, I cant see myself paying 250$ for a handheld vape that does the same thing as something like the LB which is a substantial ammount less.

So as you see ive already decided which ones i may want and which i dont, but i dont know all the options out there, thats where i need help!

kfx450r,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The herbalaire is a pretty sweet car vape. You can pass it around and hit it PD style as well as throw it under the seat without worrying. It's also a formidable home unit. You don't have to take the fan with you in the car so it's really small. Skinnier than a PD and slightly taller I think. $250 but in a completely different league than a launch box or iolite and a faster speed up time than the PD.

bluntfaced,

CrazyCracker

The PD is somewhat limited as a car vape. You can have it warmed up, unplug it take it in the car and replug and you are good to go. However once you turn your car off and lets say go inside the mall for 30 min, your PD will be ice cold. By the time it warms back up you are home. I guess you could get a battery for it, its awesome however as a car vape for roadtrips. The MZ would be a great option if the 9 week waiting period is your main beef.

How about something like this and any vape you want.
VI-300F - 300 Watts Power Inverter. Lets You Plug In Your Laptop and Other Portable Equipment into the Car Cigarette Lighter. Converts 12V DC Power to 120V.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NBPBO6

CrazyCracker,

VapoFish

Crazy, you are right. Both the PD & the MZ aren't great for trips around town. A road trip is another story though.

VapoFish,

Cr8z13

I fucking hate road trips. Vaping the entire time could probably change my mind.

Cr8z13,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i tend too use my iolite in my car (unless I plan on going somewhere that I can plug my PD into right after i get out of my car)). I normally start the warm up cycle as I am walking too my car. by the time I get out and going it is ready too go

DevoTheStrange,

VapoFish

Cr8 - I love the occasional road trip.

My iPod pumping great tunes, the passing scenery, some good bud and the company of a good bud is a great way to de-stress, at least for me. I truly enjoy the journey & when my destination is reached I'm ready for bear.

:peace:

VapoFish,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I love the Iolite!!

If alone and a short trip - 1 Iolite... Long trip 2 Iolites, ready to go or stuff to reload.

Longer trips I take 2 Iolites and my sister (usually concert trips) as she sucks at navigating but she can reload the Iolites LOL!!!!

I actually adore driving with the Iolite. It is my main squeeze in the car. The PD only goes in the car if it's visiting a friend's house :D

I would use the PD in the car if someone else were there to be my tubetender :D :D

Lo,

kfx450r

Thanks for the responses, Im really digging the iolite, i will keep it in consideration because I love it aside from the fact that its similar to the LB and the LB is only 100$ or so.

Mainly just looking for a easy/quick/conservative vape to use around town while in the car, and occasionally at home. I will check out the herbalaire and the MZ. Price is an option but if it comes down to something like the iolite being the best buy, ill probably just shell out the extra $$

kfx450r,

Lo

I have a LB too and I'm getting the hang of it but I'd have a time trying to do the battery/shake/re-position the herb thing while driving. I mean I 'could' but I don't think it'd be safe. I don't text and drive either ;)

Lo,

kfx450r

lo said:
I have a LB too and I'm getting the hang of it but I'd have a time trying to do the battery/shake/re-position the herb thing while driving. I mean I 'could' but I don't think it'd be safe. I don't text and drive either ;)
Yah, I mean I wouldnt mind it but itd be nice to load a vape up put it in ur pocket and whip it out in the car and just start toking. Im not quite sure 100% how the iolite works yet tho. More research is imminent.

How long does a "butane" or whatever you use in the iolite last. Batterys etc? Id hate to have to buy more butane often.

Considering the MZ as its cheaper, seems to be almost identical to the PD and no wait. But i assume it still has the 30-45 minute heat up time, so i wont jump on it so quickly.

kfx450r,

reece

I don't find the Launch Box and Iolite to be similar vapes at all.

The Launch Box is not good for use while driving. I'm sure it can be done but like lo says, that's pretty dangerous.

The Iolite is great in the car. It is my exclusive car vape.

PD and MZ both have the heat up time. Why can't you leave it on all of the time?

reece,

VapoFish

Yep, the MZ does have a heat-up time. I leave mine on 24-7. so it's always ready to go.

VapoFish,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
reason I like the iolite is because a nice full bowl takes a while too finish, and it is all one handed once it gets going. Just pick up and take a draw. When I need both my hands i just put it in my cup holder next too the steering wheel. Only problem I have ever encountered, don't take huge rips off of it, going light headed when you least expect it can suck when behind the wheel. I now take tiny hits if I happen too be vaping in my car. which i only do if I am going on a short drive, so the weed hits me after I get where I am going. If I am going too be in the car longer than that I don't vape usually.

DevoTheStrange,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
The pd does not become ice cold after a half hour. I leave mine plugged in my car when I'm at work and when I come outside for my break it's good to go. That's after 4 hours. Pd also heats up faster in cars ans runs hotter because when a car is running it's actually at 13.7 to 14.4 volts and when it's plugged in it's at 12. I also leave my pd in the large sac it comes with when I'm at work and I'm sure it gets MUCH colder here than where most of you are. As long as you have a good battery in your car you can leave a pd for awhile and it will be warm enough. I've gone 12 hours before started my car, packed a stem and blew a cloud right away. I do however reocomend to leave your car running while in use. I have a large car audio system so im already in that mind set when ever the radio is on. Road trips are great for this. The first weekend I drove 3 hours alone with the pd one way and I was gone with 3 stems. Now if you don't want to wait for the pd I guess I can't blame you I got lucky and bought mine when there was only a two week wait. And if you still don't think it's for you that's fine I just had to set that part straight

minnesnowta,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
yeah. with a full bowl and a nice slow and steady inhale. but thats only if its really good herb.

DevoTheStrange,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
A vape you're gonna use while driving needs to take large loads that don't need maintenance, the magic flight needs constant attention. PD and MZ both need to be reloaded all the time. The iolite I imagine is fine, it has a nice large chamver.

I still think the herbalaire is the best bet for you though, it warms up quick, it's nearly indestructible, you can put a fair amount of herb in and just leave it and it will hit for a long time. You won't have to worry about butane. You also won't have to worry about dropping mad cash on a portable because the herbalaire is a full size whip/bag home system as well!

It's crazy how even in the threads where people specifically state they don't want a PD, there are still so many posts recommending PDs and Myrtle Zaps. Come on guyss

bluntfaced,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Notice how at the end I said if it's not for you that's fine. I know people are going to read threads and if I see misinformation like it gets cold after 30 min I'm going to dispute it. Because I know it's wrong from personal experience. I do the same exact thing for the VHW.

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
honestly, i think the best car vape is any whip based vape. It heats up quick, doesn't take too much energy, and I usually cut a whole out the bottom of a McDonald's cup and bring the whip thru so it looks like I am sucking on a straw than the whip.

This is the best car set up that works for me, big hits, quick hit up time, good disguise

stonemonkey55,

BackdoorJesus

Take this, and eat it
I am a big fan of the iolite for car use.

I know it is a little bit pricey but it is sooo easy to operate one-handed and it also looks very stealthy, almost like a cell phone or mp3 player.

although I must say that last summer we did road trip in a minivan up to the mountains and used the power inverter to run my volcano on the way; so CrazyCracker's idea should not be dismissed out of hand, but that project required group participation - I could not have done that one solo like I do with the iolite :)

BackdoorJesus,

kfx450r

Thanks, Im slowly leaning more towards the iolite, it depends how long a single filled up butane iolite will last until I have to refill it. Also I cant leave it on 24/7 (PD) because I live with the parents and wouldnt want it just plugged in 24/7 and I would vape away from my house over 50% of the time.

Can you leave the PD plugged into your car while its off without draining the battery? Like if I plugged it in and left it overnight, wake up take a ride and toke up?

Decisions Decisions. Appreciate the responses. Also im concerned about conservability (sp) which is the main reason i want a vape, so i can make a G last a week lol (smoking once a day that is)

kfx450r,

Lo

I can't answer about the PD in the car. The Iolite is great in the car for a driver without anyone to be budtender. I turn it on before I pull out of somewhere or at a light (so I can be sure the orange light kicks on). That's it, drive and take draws... Fits perfectly in my cupholder when need be.

A fully loaded boal can run for 20 minutes or so in my experience. I can easily do 3 bowls before needing butane. Also a can of butane does A LOT of refills. It is cheap to keep operating in my opinion.

I wouldn't even try the LB in the car while driving, it would be too distracting for me but I do love all my vapes for different reasons :)

Lo,

BackdoorJesus

Take this, and eat it
My experience is the same as lo's - about 20, sometimes as much as 30 minutes per chamberful, and two or three chambers full per butane fill depending upon how long you stoke those bowls.

BackdoorJesus,
Top Bottom