Cant we claim its a religious right?

Nosferatu

If there are churches that are allowed by the government to use cannabis because its claimed as a religious ceremonial right, can't any of us claim the same thing if we get caught with it?

"And God said... I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. ..And to every beast of the earth.. I have given every green herb for meat... " Genesis 1:29-30

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man." --Psalms 104:14

Nosferatu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
A google search will show you those who have tried just that. And the stories of them being raided, arrested, and charged with federal crimes.

The religious protection card seems to only apply to nutcases.

aesthyrian,

SD_haze

The big group that tried to do this (and i think it went high up in the courts) was the

Ethiopian Zion Coptic Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Zion_Coptic_Church

"The group was accused, tried and convicted of smuggling massive amounts of potent cannabis from Jamaica to Miami in actions that kept the Jamaican economy afloat that decade"

If you want to learn more watch the documentary "Square Grouper" (2011), it focuses mostly on the coptic church and its members. Very interesting the massiveness of the scale of their operation.

(the documentary streams on netflix, still, i think)

SD_haze,
Top Bottom