Cannaoil Coconut & Lemon Drizzle Ring Cake (Plus Truffles)

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thought I would share my latest cooking endeavors with the FC community.

Firstly I made some awesome truffles....

uxT7JxD.jpg

Yes I did make three types, desiccated coconut, pecan crunch and 100's & 1,000's , but the 100's & 1,000's were so tasty, they all got eaten before I took a picture, so you can only see the odd bit of debris :evil:

There were @ 100 truffles, till my mates got their hands on them!

I made the truffles from the bio-matter left over from making coconut cannaoil over a ban-Marie for 12+ hours!

I drained the oil to make the cake and used the sieved bio-matter to make the yummy truffles which not only helped with hiding the taste but also with the texture!

Here is the cannaoil coconut & lemon cake (with the truffles as decoration ;) )

LdyLlbb.jpg

I actually then lightly dusted the cake with icing sugar and am awaiting it to cool enough to eat some :), you can see the still melted pool of lemon drizzle awaiting solidification in the centre :brow:

S0gZ5s1.jpg

This is the left overs of what I have from 450g of coconut cannaoil making ....

cDgI3Xd.jpg

Sorry about the baby formula in the background, photography isn't my strong point!

If any one has any questions over how I made anything please let me know :D

killick

But I like it!
That looks great! I'd be interested in the truffle recipe - gonna have a lot of sludge around here as soon as tincture season starts again (I've been a bit of a slacker for a couple of weeks, and am running behind :)

sickmanfraud

Did anyone eat "only" the truffels?

Just curious how much of this "depleted" biomass was necessary to medicate?

sickmanfraud,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Here is the link for the truffle recipe : http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2011/02/delicious-simple-chocolate-truffles.html

Here is my alterations, to make them yummy cannaoil truffles.

1. Make canna-coconut-oil

Buy a 452g jar of pure coconut oil
hRVgO1o.png

Sieve 1oz (28g) of good quality ABV ( I never kill my ABV during sessions so it makes good edibles)

Place the coconut oil in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water (Ban-Marie), once fully melted, slowly mix in the 1oz of finely sieved ABV.

Leave to infuse / simmer for 12 hours, stirring occasionally and ensuring the water doesn't boil dry in the pan.

After 12+ hours, while still nice and hot, use a jelly straining filter to extract the pure oil away from the bio-matter.

dsc06067.jpg

(this is the strainer type I used - but this is for illustration only, not a picture of my cannaoil!)

Place the drained oil in fridge ready for making other nice yummy stuff, like a lemon and coconut drizzle cake ;)

2. Make Truffles.

With the bowl you already had on the ban-Marie grate 2 cups of dark chocolate into it and melt.
I used this instead of the choc chips...
363006.jpg
(I used 1 and 1/2 bars - and hurt my knuckles grating it!)

Take the bio-matter left over from the oil you drained earlier and mix in with the chocolate as it melts.

I didn't have any coconut cream so I used this instead...

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Basically the top of the can has thick, creamy solidified milk on the top, so skim of the required 1/3 cup and use that instead of the cream.

Also as I was using the cannoil bio-matter, I didn't want to add too much more coconut oil, so I just tossed in a knob of normal butter. (2 tbl spoons and NOT the 1/4 cup!)

Then add the teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir on ban-Marie until all nicely melted and mixed together.

Place in fridge to cool down for a couple of hours!

Take out some bowls and fill with your desired toppings,

I used 100's & 1,000s ...
51HMAzcPlQL._SX425_.jpg

Desiccated coconut...
home_1.jpg

And smashed up pecan nuts (put in plastic bag, wrap in tea towel, and beat the shit out off with a rolling pin ;) )

Pecans.jpg

Now for the really messy part..

Take out truffle mixture from fridge and put on side and allow to warm a little, you really won't get good balls if the mixture is too cold and solid.

scoop out some with a teaspoon, roll into ball with palm of hands, roll around in your desired topping and place on plate.

You will need to wash your hands regularly as they get very oily and chocolaty, but hey, that's part of the fun!

Once you've made your truffles put in fridge, to allow coating to fully set.

One thing I will say, they taste better at room temperature, truffles are meant to be soft and melt in the mouth, not cold and hard straight from the fridge!

Enjoy :science::leaf::tup:

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Did anyone eat "only" the truffels?

Just curious how much of this "depleted" biomass was necessary to medicate?
Hopefully I will find out tonight, as a mate took home 20 truffles and so am curious how much actives was still in the bio-matter.

Either way it's fun to make truffles from the left overs, and I get to have the first piece of the coconut & lemon drizzle cake made from the canna-coconut-oil when I get home tonight so will find out if the 12 hours ban-Marie chemistry worked!

I'll let you all know what feedback I get as to he 'medicinal' benefits felt!

Please feel free to try the recipe and give us your experience.

Obviously you could just use the canna-coconut-oil instead of the bio-matter, if you want to be sure of it having lots of actives, I guess we need to experiment to find best results, but it's the best ex-ABV bio-matter I've tasted so far :D

1DMF,
Reactions: Pyr0

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well the feed back is in...

Truffles : everyone enjoyed them, very tasty, chocolaty, yummy.. everything a truffle should be... and all reported an effect.. some more than others, so coupled with my thoughts...

Yes, there is still some actives in the bio-matter, but most of it was bonded to the coconut oil through the ban-Marie chemistry, and perhaps if I had let the infusion take place for longer (24h) , maybe most of the bio-matter would be inert.

EDIT: Just had further feedback on the Truffles, work colleague gave her dad just one and apparently he said it was 'awesome', she gave another to her brother and ate the other 4 (I gave her 6 truffles 3 x coconut and 3 x pecan crunch) - clearly I could have left the ban-Marie for longer if I wanted to remove more actives from the bio-matter if some people were still getting a good hit from the Truffles, but who knows what their tolerance levels are like - I prefer the cake ;)

Then on to the coconut lemon drizzle cake.... YUM, YUM, YUM and OMG.....

This coconut oil ban-Marie fat bonding, heat chemistry malarkey works, it seriously works.

The cake is so coconutty and lemony and yummy, and moist, it's the best tasting cake I have ever made!

I can't cook, and am dangerous in the kitchen, but this cake is awesome and so easy to make!

The effects are really nice and mellow, you get that little heaviness in the back of the head and your eye lids want 40 winks, while you grin like a Cheshire cat and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Only negative side effect for me was it made me feel a little hot / sweaty)

One normal slice is enough for a pleasant, mild effect for 2-3 hours, obviously you could get totally hammered by scoffing more, I 100% will be making this again when I have enough ABV.

I posted a thread a while back about how the hell do you get rid of that horrible ABV taste having made brownies with the ABV as flour...I've just found the perfect solution!

Seriously guy and gals if you like coconut & lemon, follow my instructions and bake this one, you will be having friends round for a cup of tea and a slice of cake and having a blast!

Here is the recipe : http://www.mckenziesfoods.com.au/recipe/lemon-coconut-cake/

And here are my alterations....

1. Make canna-coconut-oil as per above. (Up to you how long you ban-Marie for or use other heat infusion method such as pressure cooker)

2. Replace the 250g butter with 250g of the canna-coconut-oil

3. I didn't have 50g of vanilla sugar, so I used 50g of normal caster sugar and mixed a teaspoon of Madagascan vanilla essence extract in it.

That's it, it's that simple!

If you make this cake please do come back with your results, I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom