CannaCoconut Oil!

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Hello FC,

I just wanted to let you guys know about my recent kitchen experiment. I made some special brownies a few days ago using coconut oil instead of butter/canola oil. I simmered about 1/3 cup of coconut oil with approx. 3 cups of water and 9.4 grams of powdered mids + 2.3 grams of powdered ABV (Yes I only had about 2.3 grams of ABV, which makes me a level -1 Vaporist :lol:). I let those ingredients simmer in the slow cooker for six hours (first hour on high, stirring occasionally, then the next 5 hours on low, stirring even less frequently)

For the uninitiated, coconut oil is solid at room temperature. This makes it ideal for separating from the water after a few hours in the fridge. I did pass my oil+water+stewed herb through a cheesecloth and into a container to remove large particulates. Once solid and separated, apply gentle heat to get it back in liquid form and add to your favorite brownie recipe. I melted chocolate on a double boiler so I added my oil to that.

Once cooked in an 8x8 pan, it made about 10 servings of 1gram/serving brownies. I have yet to eat a whole one. I ate half the other day and was significantly medicated for a while :). One day I'll brave a whole one and see what happens.

MajorDoobage,
Reactions: vorrange

Smokey

Cloud Master
Nice!! Gonna try that in the future, good job! My lady loves coconut.

Smokey,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Thanks Smokey! FYI not all coconut oil is the same. There are 2 principle types found in stores (at least by me): Refined and Virgin coconut oil.

• Refined coconut oil: is termed RBD coconut oil because it goes through a mechanical process of refinement, bleaching, and deodorizing. This type has absolutely no odor, and is used in baking and frying for its neutral flavor. My supermarket only carried refined coconut oil, so that is the option I went with.[/*]
  • Virgin coconut oil: This oil is harvested directly from coconut milk. The essential oils that give coconut its wonderful smell/taste are preserved, giving the dishes a sweet coconut flavor.[/*]

I chose to experiment with coconut oil because its solid at room temperature, and also because of its saturated fat content. Coconut oil is extremely rich in saturated fat. I've read online (but can't find any evidence right now) that THC has the greatest extraction with saturated fats. It was my first time ever cooking with cannabis and everything turned out great! Just ate one half last night and boy am I amazed at how psychedelic the experience was.

MajorDoobage,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Hahhahahaha good to know!!! Next time I go to the supermarket I'm gonna check out if they have some of that!!

Psychedelic :rolleyes:

Smokey,

hereatlast

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2552

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1962

And my personal favorite use of canna-coconut oil? Cannabis salve (for topical application/treatment) :D

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3815

The method I use for 'infusing' the oil with the cannabis (quoted from the above thread):
2. Stuff a mason jar two-thirds full with herbs.
3. Fill jar with oil of your choice (coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, etc.), leaving at least one inch from the top of jar. Screw a lid on tight.
4. Put a wash cloth in the bottom of the crock pot. Put jar in the center of the pot (on the cloth). Fill the crock pot with water, one inch below top of jar.
5. Keep crock pot on low heat (oil needs to be very hot but not boiling) for 3 days (EDIT: Three days is a bit extensive for this application IMO). Water will evaporate out of the pot, so keep adding water as needed.
6. As the herbs' properties release in the oil, the oil will take on more color and smell like herb oil. With a cheese cloth (a cotton sheet or t-shirt will work too) strain herb solids out of oil. Now you have an herbally infused oil. It is great for massage oil!

From here the process continues onto the salve but this is a nice and manageable way to infuse the oil initially (for cooking for instance).

hereatlast,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Wow hereatlast! Thanks for those links. I guess I could've done a quick search before posting :/

I really like the salve idea, but I don't have near enough herb to make topical ointments. I'm sure using shake and various clippings/stems would be great for this kind of application. Have you made a salve before? If so, how does it feel once applied topically?

MajorDoobage,
Top Bottom