Cannabrownies from Scratch

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
I know there are already a few brownie recipes on FC, but I figured the more good info on here, the better.
I cannot remember where I found this recipe, but it works exceptionally well with cannabutter that is free of water.

1/2 lb. unsalted cannabutter (made from 4 oz. high quality trim)
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (no more than 60% cacao)
2 c suger
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
5 large eggs
2/3 c all-purpose flour
1/3 c unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 325F with rack in middle (I use 325F because I don't know how accurate my oven is, and I want to make sure the butter does not degrade).
Butter and flour a 13"x9" baking pan. (Use cannabutter for this for an extra special treat)!
Melt butter and chocolate in a 3-qt. heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm (this is important, as not to cook the eggs prematurely).
Whisk in sugar and vanilla.
Whisk in eggs 1 at a time until mixture is glossy and smooth.
Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt, then whisk into chocolate mixture until combined.
Spread in pan and bake until a pick inserted in center comes out with crumbs, 45-60 minutes. (This length of time is required with the oven set at 325F). (The last batch I made, I pulled from the oven when the brownies were a little underdone so I could freeze them and have more of a 'fudgy' texture. Delicious)!
Cool completely.
Cut into squares.

Note: Using cannabutter of this strength makes the brownies ridiculously strong. I have a pretty low tolerance, but a piece about 1"x0.5"x1" gets me lit. Due to the strength, I would highly suggest placing the cut pieces into bags and freezing. A batch can last awhile!

Nuphile,

Carbon

I have made brownies from scratch before and based my recipe on Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)'s outrageous chocolate brownie recipe. It is on the food channel's website. When done properly it made for a tasty and effective treat. I'd link it but I'm on my phone. Definitely check that out too.

Carbon,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
So I tried the recipe without special butter, just to make sure I didn't screw up the special ones... So delicious.

I'm making my butter today... Had 43g of abv mixed with a few stems and very few shake leaves... I have high hopes.

And this recipe is so good... And pretty easy... I've learned so much by fucking combustion haha

wake n blake,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
Wow! I lb. of butter in this recipe? I could make these brownies so freaking strong. I think may try this recipe next. The coffee granules sound interesting as well. I wonder if they really have to be instant coffee granules, or whether I could use regular coffee grounds. I just kinda have something against instant coffee. Coffee should not dissolve in water; that's just weird.

Nuphile,
Top Bottom