Cannabis Tea?

I was hoping someone had a good recipe for Cannabis tea. I have about 1/8 oz of flowers and would like to make some tea with it, but I'm not sure how to go about it or how to make it strong. What I have done in the past is boiled the water and put a few flowers in a coffee filter tied it with cotton string and steeped it for about 1/2 hour. The effect was weak at best.

I use cannabis for pain management so with that in mind I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Dawn

sh4dowdrifter,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Dawn, your method will not work for 2 reasons. First, your medicine needs to be decarbed (the carboxyl group removed) or the THCA won't be the THC you desire, although some people medicate with unactivated materials in an effort to get relief from inflammation and pain without psychoactive effects. After the decarb, then you must extract the actives. Water will not do this. Actives are volatile oils and dissolve in non-polar solvents, like dissolves like, or you can use grain alcohol which has both polar and non-polar properties which will put you in the green dragon/tincture/qwethanol hash area. I recommend BadKittySmile's thread for info on decarbing and processing edibles, her master thread on this is over at Grass City.

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...tive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=151649#p151649

"Decarbing is a touchy issue for many folks, some know they need it but don't know the

methods and practices that cause decarbing, some aren't aware of it at all, others think

it's unnecessary and 'know' they get some amount of effect from eating bud on its own,

here's why: some herb, if it's old, commercial, over-dry, whatever the reason, for a variety

of reasons, some herb is already partially, or even full decarbed. The process begins

happening, very gradually, the moment you cut a plant down and begin depriving it of

water. The older the bud is, and the drier it gets, the more carbon dioxide and water vapor

is released, and the closer it is to removing the carboxyl group. It's something that is

almost never discussed publicly, but is frequently known in professional kitchens.

The fresher the herb, or the more moist the storage conditions, the more necessary and

extensive the decarbing process needs to be. Loose hash, separated from plant matter,

in general needs a bit less decarbing. With herb, depending on the age, I decarb for a full

20 minutes after the preheat, rather than including that warm up in my 20 minute time

frame.

A food dehydrator works just as well, if not better than heat at decarbing, it reduces the

risk of damaging your product with excessive heat. It's hard to tell when your decarb is

completed when using heat, usually gently browned herb is a good sign but it often

means you've taken it a hair too far, and some material in the middle may not be

completely decarbed."

t-dub,

onigiri1692

My take on cannabis tea requires some good hash or kief that has been decarbed. Once decarbed the hash can simply be stirred into a cup of tea, nothing else special needs to be done. As for the dosage, I would start off with a 100mg of hash (perhaps less depending on the quality and your tolerance) and work my way up until I find a happy medium.

onigiri1692,

Reijuojuejiavohykuij

'_.|-:_':'||-_'.:|:-'.---
I made a cannabis tea from simply fallen-off leaves and their stems. I collected not even a handful. I let them dry for a few hours. Then I put the leaves into a large glass container (so I could have more liquid). I poured hot water (not boiling though) on the leaves and added lemon juice right after to convert the cannabidiol to tetrahydrocannabinol. I left room in the glass for coconut milk to put afterward. I let the leaves become acidic. Then added coconut milk after it became cool. I heated the coconut-water-lemon tea for four minutes or something. Then I let the tetrahydrocannabinol bind with the fat molecules of the coconut milk for another day. I drank it and got a cannabis experience, as if I'd ate buds. Imagine if I just waited two or three days and then collected the leaves and did the same. It could be ultra-intense, potentially.

Just take any fallen-off/browning/yellow leaves (fan leaves, smaller leaves, etc.) when a plant is in flowering, is what I did. One could try taking fallen-off/browning/yellow leaves in vegetative growth stage but I'm not sure what the tetrahydrocannabinol content is during that stage. Boiling water isn't even necessary, nor is 'tea bags.' The milk is the most important I presume. Heat isn't needed necessarily, it just can help speed the binding of fat/lipids/oils to the tetrahydrocannabinol molecules. If it's done correctly it should be potent. Don't 'throw away' the leaves is an important 'piece of information.' Eat them after you drink the tea. It isn't as easy/pleasant as just drinking the tea solely but not all compounds are going to leave the leaves so I presume eating them is quite important.

Reijuojuejiavohykuij,
Top Bottom