Cannabis Strain Reviews

realvapedman

I get only OG KUSH phenos: (OG/PURE OG(SATIVA PHENO), HEROJUANA (INDICA), GODFATHER (INDICA), LA Confidential, Skywalker x OG, etc..

realvapedman,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I'm starting to get sick of Diesel/Sour Diesel/NYC Diesel; there's been a lot since January for some reason. The Kushes are ok; there's a lot of them and I haven't really started on them. Green Crack is great (only had once). Just got Blueberry for the first time on Friday; smells nice but haven't tried it.

So in short, no favourite strain at the moment.

Tom

tdavie,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
lwien said:
finchrock24 said:
I'm a big fan of Jack Herer strain...love the distinctive 'blue smell' that is very very strong. Blue Dream was the first weed that I ever said 'damn, what is this shit called' too. Green Crack is also up there. This is for combustion though.

For vaping...the best MJ I have found so far is a strain called Eagles Nest that I got from a local dispensary. Best tasty MJ I have ever had hands down, bar none. The high was not disappointing either. The Sours are also very good...sour D being a classic and, at the moment, I am vaping some Sour Dream that has not been disappointing.

I have found in my use that the purples are usually disappointing. While being very pretty flowers, I don't find them to be very potent. The several times I have tried very purple flowers (GDP, Grape Ape, Purple Flo) I found myself to also be wanting a little more out there.
Did ya get that Eagles Nest at AEC ? ;)

Totally agree with ya about the purps.

Last week, I picked some some Jack, some Skywalker and some Green Crack. I'm good for a bit.
Also agree with ya about the Blue Dream. First time I took few hits of that, I was like........."wow....nice."
Yup, you know it. Thats really the only place I go.

The 'Blue Smell' I refer to is the distinct smell of Jack Herer. It smells almost like paint thinner but a little sweeter. Kinda hard to describe.

finchrock24,

lwien

Yeah, Van's got a good group working there. Super nice people. I'll never forget the first edible I got from there as a feebie as a new patient. Wowza !!!

lwien,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Well I'm still purchasing bud from local dealer-friends, but thus far I've been able to pick up two noticeable strains bar the three I sampled in Amsterdam. I got super lucky the other month and picked up some Jack Herer myself; to me it tasted and smelled sweet and citrus-y, almost tangy. The high was simply the most invigorating I'd ever had, with just enough phaze out to work with :)
The most interesting bud I've had though was some B-town bud called Elvis. Stuff tasted like Spring, and that is the only way I can describe it. A crazy affect, with a weirdly clear high that still managing to leave you a wee bit too stoopid to do anything more than recreation :ko: (Vaped it while up on the ski slopes!)

And this week, I'm picking up some medicinal from a patient my friend knows whose dispensary is on it's way out. Might get a half-o for $180 :D

sneezyjesus,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hmmmmm, I would say the Sour-D is an all time fav. But I am kind of partial to my Granddaddy Purple Haze a buddy of mine got for me. Im so excited cause I have more than 4 strains in my stash box right now!

AGBeer,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I was hoping people could review various strains here, and how they vape.

Strains I am currently wondering greatly about are Barney's Farm LSD and Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk. Has anyone tried these?

1) Bubble Berry: Great vapor strain. Makes for fat clouds, and just seems to keep vaping. Very noticeable in the PD/MZ because there always seems to be more vapor swirling around in the stem. Very smooth vapor. As a vapor variety: 9/10

Bag Appeal: A lot of crystals. A little too leafy. Nice light green. 8/10
Taste: Very good taste, but not quite top notch. It taste's a but like berry on the exhale. 7/10
Effect: Hits you, but doesn't knock you out. A great get things done buzz 8.5/10

2) Lemon Kush: Doesn't vape as well as some strain in my PD, nice to add a little more heat. Doesn't brown up as well as some, and usually i duff it out at a dark yellow/green. As a vapor variety 8.5/10

Bag Appeal: It does look nice. Very few leaves. Light green, almost yellowish. Little tiny bright colored hairs. Not an exceptional amount of crystal. Fluffy, and bags look bigger. 8.5/10
Taste: Very good, and the lemon is noticeable. Very smooth vapor. 8.5/10
Effect: Heavy. I was surprised in how some small clouds really left me devastating. It does take me off my feet, but left me uppy and chatty. Just can't stop talking about nothing. 9/10

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

Current Stash

Jack Herer
Looks.....Very large, fluffy nugs.
Smell.....Fruity with a slight cheesy base
Effect.....VERY clear headed high. Can get extremely high and yet, can still do things if I wish. Very energetic high without any of the head cloudiness that a strong indica provides.

SkyWalker
Looks.....Much smaller and condensed nugs than the Jack
Smell.....Orange peel and lemon with undertones of skunk
Effect.....Opposite of Jack. Very stony high. Not couch-lock though. Still very energetic in that it doesn't want to put me to sleep, but foggy enough in the head that I really don't want to do anything.

Green Crack
Everything about this strain puts it smack in the middle between the Jack and the Skywalker.

lwien,

tuttle

Last nights strain, Sour Dog:

Very pine-y taste, almost chemically so, similar to something like Lysol. Not objectionable, but strong. Going down it has a strong back of the throat tickle element to it. If you aren't careful it will be a very coughy strain. Very strong strain, I had three pulls of one PD stem, and I had to call it quits for the night. I was also medicating for pain (headache), and I was high enough that I in effect forgot what pain was.

While I don't think that marijuana is a hallucinogen, with my eyes closed this strain certainly let my mind take fantastic flights over strange lands. My body also felt very floaty as I lay in bed drifting off to sleep.

The high was mostly very humorous and giggly, but of all the strains I have, it is also the most likely to include worrisome or paranoid moments. As a totally non scientific and conjecture based opinion, I have a feeling this is due to a very high THC and very low CBD content, as I find for me CDB helps to even out a stain and keep worrying thoughts from intruding.

tuttle,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Iwien and tuttle i actually unfortunately have not tried any of the strains you have described, so i really appreciate your first hand experience. For medical patients in all states, we do not have the luxury of shops available for immediate med purchases. I have noticed strong differences in certain strains , some seem much better suited for vaporization. It is nice to see some reviews from vapor enthusiasts so we can kindof try before we buy. Thanks again, and anyone who would like to contribute, thanks in advance for the incite. :D

Iwien, as a PD enthusiast, you noticed any strains that "didn't vape well"?? Like i said, i noticed Bubble Berry as a strain that sticks out as one where the hits just keep coming and coming. I have noticed the opposite with other strains, herb that appeared potent and still could get you a nice clear high, but would only provide two or three light puffs in a PD. I like to use the PD as my vapor gauge, because it is so precise and consistent in size of bowls and temp. How many puffs? How heavy? Taste? Harshness? Potency? Ect. all after one or two stems.

Anyone else notice that some strains just do not vape as well? It is relatively rare, but i have noticed it. Thoughts?

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

One thing to keep in mind, Krazy and that is, that the grower has a LOT to do with not only the quality, but also the various attributes to various strains. A lot of it has to do with how it's grown, chemicals and or fertilizers used, how long and how well it's cured, is it hydro or totally organic grown in dirt, indoor or outdoor? Lots of variables that can have a major impact, regardless of strain. That's why I'm always a bit amused when talking about which strain is better than another when they come from different sources.

lwien,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
One thing to keep in mind, Krazy and that is, that the grower has a LOT to do with not only the quality, but also the various attributes to various strains. A lot of it has to do with how it's grown, chemicals and or fertilizers used, how long and how well it's cured, is it hydro or totally organic grown in dirt, indoor or outdoor? Lots of variables that can have a major impact, regardless of strain. That's why I'm always a bit amused when talking about which strain is better than another when they come from different sources.
I can agree with this. And before you beat me to the punch, organic vs synthetic fertilizer and amount of time the plant was flushed before harvest, i am sure would likely effect or contribute to a "strain that doesn't vape well."

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

IAmKrazy2 said:
I can agree with this. And before you beat me to the punch, organic vs synthetic fertilizer and amount of time the plat was flushed before harvest, i am sure would likely effect or contribute to a "strain that doesn't vape well."
Yup, yup........and yup.

lwien,

Beezleb

Also, depends on phenotype as well but its rare to see them claim what phenotype a strain is. More of an issue when grown from seed than a clone.

Beezleb,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, I love strain reviews, but think maybe things vary too much.

I've gotten the same exact strain from the same grower even, all from clones, and had it vary from great to mediocre all based on how well the grow / cure went.

Definitely there should be commonalities, like I'll back up Jack Herer being really clear-headed + uppy.
(I'd describe the taste / smell as citrus-y maybe lemon)

Maybe if we focus more on describing the type of high? versus potency?

EDIT:
also confusing things. Which Jack? multiple seedbanks sell seeds named Jack Herer. Same for some other big name strains. Which blueberry?

rabblerouser,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, that looks like it wants me to log in.

I'm guessing your dispensary does give some info on seed banks or what? and still there are different jack phenotypes even if you know the seed bank.

EDIT:
not that you don't know what you're getting from the dispensary, more bringing up how it's somewhat flawed to do strain reviews and compare your particular jack versus what someone else gets which may be different even though still really "jack herer".

I've definitely seen some jack described as peppery, and definitely haven't tasted that.

rabblerouser,

lwien

rabblerouser said:
yeah, that looks like it wants me to log in.

I'm guessing your dispensary does give some info on seed banks or what? and still there are different jack phenotypes even if you know the seed bank.

EDIT:
not that you don't know what you're getting from the dispensary, more bringing up how it's somewhat flawed to do strain reviews and compare your particular jack versus what someone else gets which may be different even though still really "jack herer".

I've definitely seen some jack described as peppery, and definitely haven't tasted that.
Yeah, they go into the pheno's as well with in-depth descriptions and reviews. Damn, I thought I could directly link you by bypassing the sign-in page. Must be a cookie.....

lwien,

stinkmeaner

lwien said:
This is what I have always thought but I will also add one thing; how do we actually know what a plant in question is what a person says it is? In college I worked in restaurants and bars and when someone ordered a drink that we were out of for example: Kettle One, we would often substitute with say Smirnoff or Stoli and they would not have a clue, if this happens at a restaurant then you know it probably happens with herb being the nature of the product and they level of difficultly sourcing particular strains of herbs in comparison to alcohol.

Also while we are on the subject, people should consider that with all of the new strains they come out with every day that it basically comes down to whether you like indica, sativa, or a hybrid of the two.

stinkmeaner,

2clicker

Observer
Sour Jack

just got a bit of Diesel X Herer and i must say :brow:

its incredible, it just keeps vaping and vaping. sure would be nice to be able to just produce this stuff myself :(

not my pics, but here you go:
042-1.jpg

033.jpg

so tasty!

2clicker,

DaProfessor

I'm a visual and taste centered vaper. I usually get high to relax, so I don't spend too much time analyzing the high. As long as I'm high :D Decided to start taking notes, here's the first two.

Green Crack - sativa dom.
  • Dense yet airy flowers[/*]
  • Pale green w/ many brown, yellow hairs[/*]
  • Flowers have sweet mango aroma, slight skunky smell[/*]
  • Vapor has generic vaped weed smell[/*]
  • Vapor has same mango taste when exhaled[/*]
  • Sweet, citrus like after taste once dry mouth kicks in[/*]

God's Gift - indica dom.
  • Dark green, no real purple color. Really broad leaves.[/*]
  • Very airy flower[/*]
  • Flower has 'purple' aroma, slightly sweet[/*]
  • Vapor has spicy and skunky aroma[/*]
  • 'Purple' taste on the exhale[/*]

DaProfessor,

Johnny

Nobody in australia really discusses strains at sale. so consider youselves lucky.

although i do see some real killer bud quite often.

I think the most important thing with bud is finishing the crop off correctly and curing the bud.

Johnny,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
Louie XXIII from Jade Lotus Society/Westminster Wellness Center

top shelf, $50/e
indica leaning OG
without flash, dimmly lit
di-KJ8Z.jpg

with flash
di-ZHRS.jpg

perhaps on par with nuggetry's offerings

felt it on the first hit, wondered if I could hold it for...nope, only 15 seconds
i can feel the cannibinoid receptors in my body being awash with the effect...
part of my mind wants to shout out, "hey, did you know you can actually feel it
taking effect?"
took the wrapper off this bowl, let's see if it'll vape...
nice vapor production...held it 20 seconds this time, ahhh, fuck, (head against wall)...
ok, let's see if it's stuck to the bottom or loose in the bowl...(stir)...not cemented in place, but i'ts a small amount, let's see if it vapes a bit longer or gives it up as quickly as LA CON or Banana...
ladies singing corale duet in the back ground, is that a psychedelic effect?
can't stop them singing, ok...

was that two hits or three? shit...(inhale)...20 seconds,
good vapor on third, ok! ('i'm done')

vapor was evident until fifth hit but greatly reduced after fourth, by comparison, CVT OG/banana OG/LA Con from Vale Tudo only vaped to three hits same amount, and were 6-7.5/10 where Louis XXIII might be an 8.5-9/10

but maybe you can't trust anything i said because they brain-washed me with this free t-shirt

di-7JS0.jpg

EDIT: after vaping on this for a few days it is still above the other place's, but not cementing into place in the bowl as i would like, and the stone isn't there until the second hit anymore
EDIT #2: It's been four days and I'm not getting stoned anymore, obviously need a t-break, damn

VWFringe,

stuartambient

I told a budtender the other day that while I liked a particular strain, it vaped out 3 or 4 x as fast as the another one of their strains. The bt really didn't respond and I dropped it because it's cool but I'll be avoiding that one. I'm not mentioning the strain because it could be the grow as I didn't notice the difference 5 months prior. Alright, I'll say it , :p Pink Jasmine.

My favorite strain though of all time is still "Whacky Weed" circa 1973. It was the 1 hit wonder of all time. The name is used differently now , but at that time it was a rarer type of weed, and it was BLACK in color. Who knows huh.

I got into the disp , they have 35-45 strains, 8-10 are top and 1-3 are premium. With that choice , it's difficult for me to choose. First time though now with a Banana Kush / indica and I like it , it vapes really well , low heat, long time. I'm not a good expert able to distinguish nuances in strains. I can tell if it leaves me tired, or it wears off quickly, but that's about it.

stuartambient,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
besides not producing vapor for as many hits, another attribute i associate with poorer weed is a tissue-like quality after only a hit or so

i really like it when it cements itself into the bowl, and doesn't brown too quickly

do these relate to the over-all quality of the herb? compared to people who smoke it, can we tell by these other vapor related factors how good the weed really is, or do we just have to avoid those that don't vape well?

VWFringe,
Top Bottom