Cannabis Paste a la New Cure . Org

u bwade wunner

I do need a bigger syringe.love how you can freeze these capsules.they should last a long time & I stored mine in an amber jar inside a ziplock in the freezer.have yet to try them myself.looking forward to it though.

Last edited:
u bwade wunner,

sickmanfraud

I am a chronic pain patient. 4 back surgeries, tooooo much steroids for my back killed my hips which were replaced 20 years ago and are in need of revision. The deteriorating of my hips affects my gait and then my back gets worse. (just background, not complaining)

I read this thread and came up with several questions.

OP did you decarb your cannabis before you added the VG?

Have you tried different cannabis strains like sativa for day and indica for night?

If you don't mind answering, besides the 14 grams in the recipe, how much cannabis a day or month do you use to control your chronic pain?

i have been having some challenges in finding empty capsules ( not in USA).

Have you ever tried swallowing a "dose" wrapped in tissue or any other alternative to capsule use?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Enchantre

Enchantre

Oil Painter
No, the cannabis is NOT decarbed first. It's cooked in the water bath overnight, in the coconut oil/VG.

I don't use sativas, but I also don't use heavy indicas in the capsules, as I use them all day.

In addition to my capsules, I go through about 1 gram per week in concentrates, or a bit less. Probably 2 grams flower per week. I also make a cannaoil rub with my ABV, and that gets used liberally - it dulls acute pain in seconds.

You can certainly use a spoon to take the canna paste. That's how they do it in the video. I use capsules because I am OCD, and I want a standardized dose beyond "pea-sized". The stuff tastes good.

sickmanfraud

No, the cannabis is NOT decarbed first. It's cooked in the water bath overnight, in the coconut oil/VG.

I don't use sativas, but I also don't use heavy indicas in the capsules, as I use them all day.

In addition to my capsules, I go through about 1 gram per week in concentrates, or a bit less. Probably 2 grams flower per week. I also make a cannaoil rub with my ABV, and that gets used liberally - it dulls acute pain in seconds.

You can certainly use a spoon to take the canna paste. That's how they do it in the video. I use capsules because I am OCD, and I want a standardized dose beyond "pea-sized". The stuff tastes good.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I too would like to have a standard dose.

sickmanfraud,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have not had a capsule since Noon yesterday... I currently have a hormone panel at the lab, getting tested for the purpose of helping to determine if I have an adrenal gland tumor.

I've been taking the capsules for over three months (okay, just a couple of weeks over), and the hot flashes & other symptoms have been kinda picking up steam, so I'm eliminating the capsules for now, just to maybe give my endo system a little break.

I'm still vaping/dabbing, and the occasional edible, but I'm being way less free with it... going for little itty bitty hits, except for when I actually have a hot flash... a big dab or a couple of small dabs, or a full session with flower, will knock that away quickly... little hits don't touch it. Has to be full dose.

Anyway, I am on hiatus for a few days (at least until Sunday), to see if anything changes.

Oh, but I DO think the capsules have helped with weight loss. I am now lower than I have been since the year 2000....

sickmanfraud

I have not had a capsule since Noon yesterday... I currently have a hormone panel at the lab, getting tested for the purpose of helping to determine if I have an adrenal gland tumor.

I've been taking the capsules for over three months (okay, just a couple of weeks over), and the hot flashes & other symptoms have been kinda picking up steam, so I'm eliminating the capsules for now, just to maybe give my endo system a little break.

I'm still vaping/dabbing, and the occasional edible, but I'm being way less free with it... going for little itty bitty hits, except for when I actually have a hot flash... a big dab or a couple of small dabs, or a full session with flower, will knock that away quickly... little hits don't touch it. Has to be full dose.

Anyway, I am on hiatus for a few days (at least until Sunday), to see if anything changes.

Oh, but I DO think the capsules have helped with weight loss. I am now lower than I have been since the year 2000....

It has been 3 weeks. Any update?

sickmanfraud,

sickmanfraud

On GC there is a recipe for a more bio-available form of RSO.

The thread is under Incredible Edible Herb. The thread is called Another Tincture Threadhttp://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...5-another-tincture-thread-try-youll-like.html

On page 342 there is the recipe. I believe there is some prelude to the recipe a few pages earlier. A very helpful bunch with a LOT of cannabis experience.

I have made and used the Dragon Oil. Seems to be a more steady long term pain relief.

Good Luck!!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have taken a few capsules recently... hubby takes one at night for sleep, and one seems to give me a pleasant little bump.

I think I'm more likely to use regular cooking methods going forward, however. It was fun.

Enchantre,
Reactions: CarolKing

natural farmer

I have taken a few capsules recently... hubby takes one at night for sleep, and one seems to give me a pleasant little bump.

I think I'm more likely to use regular cooking methods going forward, however. It was fun.

Do you mean you are moving back to RSO or edibles? Have you seen drawbacks with the paste?

natural farmer,

krusht

Enchantre - A friend in Montreal is presently using paste; I was first turned off by the slurring attitude of the Vid, but surely not the science - parallel to your herbalist training - there is more in the plant than cannabinoids - I shall be recommending the protocol to many! This will upset the applecart in the "CONCENTRATE/extracts must be done by EXPERTS" world! In another thread I could post this, but I want to say that after 40 months of RSO, edibles & vaping w/modified diet, I have accomplished beating Arthritis (Spinal) fatty Liver severe COPD(2 inhalers daily) Heart murmur(1962) gone HepC in remission, inactive, Liver A1 metabolic PH is 7.1, 60 lb weight loss-3 years - my age -> 71

krusht

Enchantre - I too shall continue on w/RSO(suspended use for now) coconut oil extraction for baking & breakfast toast! Also now growing Charlotte'sWeb for butter & vaping!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Do you mean you are moving back to RSO or edibles? Have you seen drawbacks with the paste?
It is ground up plant matter... a very fibrous plant at that! I'd be more careful to use buds only, or perhaps even just kief, to minimize the fiber load.

I'm straining my canna oils through a finer screen, as well.

The capsules DO work... and, they each seem to be about as strong as I hoped for, about 10-15 mg worth of effect. I just can't take more than one at a time due to the fiber.

HomeFree

Enchantre,

Are you getting a belly ache from the paste? Do you think it is the insoluble fiber, or maybe the cystoliths? Or both? I have a diet which can be high in insoluble fiber from lots of veggies and the worst I get is sometimes some constipation and bloating/gas from too much insoluble fiber.

I do get a mild belly ache if I eat plain old ABV straight myself - but it takes a lot, and I don't get much effect from my ABV without any fat. I think it is the little cystoliths that cause stomach upset for me but I am not positive, because I have never checked ABV under a microscope to see if they are still present. My guess is they are. I think extraction of some kind before consumption is the way to go, whether it is extracted directly into a fat source with heat + time, or extracted first and then decarbed (if needed) and mixed into the fat source.

HomeFree,
Top Bottom