Cannabis 'Holiday', how long, how frequent?

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Curious how many of you take Cannabis Holidays to reset your endocannabinoid system?

How long a holiday do you take and what result do you see in your tolerance?

My intake is a pretty ridiculous level, but I'm jacked up too many ways to describe here...
but 3-4 days seems to change my tolerance fairly substantially, I'm sure a week would be better,
but _I_ certainly wouldn't be :(

At one point I was able to keep track of what the curve was over time and tolerance, but
not right now :( How long do you feel it takes you to build back up to that point where you're
thinkin' this is costing me a fortune, I need a 'hoilday' to save some money! :)

For you BAD chronic pain, MS, etc. patients, do you use BigPharma meds to bridge over during
the 'holidays'? (ironic, since opiates only work on me for about 2-3 days and then nada)

looney2nz,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Fuck taking a holiday from cannabis...

Iv never taken a break, i know many do, and thats fair enough. Each to their own.

I manage my tolerance with dosage...

It's quite simple, just gradually make your sessions smaller and less frequent, before you know it your back to giggling like a twat from a tiny amount....

And I cultivate so I don't save money, i have no need to be economic, it just makes it more enjoyable without a high tolerance, in my experience anyway....

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Fuck taking a holiday from cannabis...

Iv never taken a break, i know many do, and thats fair enough. Each to their own.

I manage my tolerance with dosage...

It's quite simple, just gradually make your sessions smaller and less frequent, before you know it your back to giggling like a twat from a tiny amount....

And I cultivate so I don't save money, it just makes it more enjoyable without a high tolerance, in my experience anyway....

ah, if I was only ABLE to cultivate! would make things MUCH easier.

looney2nz,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Cannabis should be high quality and free to all...

How can you truly enjoy it when it has such a cost attached to it....

Iv purchased a lot of cannabis in my life, cannabis is best when you don't have to worry about running out, or how much you are consuming, or if the quality is gonna be OK....

I think everybody should cultivate...

Cultivation talk is banned here.....

TeeJay1952

I too stop.........at night when I sleep. Ah but tomorrow is another day.
Not trying to save money, trying to save my sanity!

biohacker

The story of my life....the delicate balance of vaping and tolerance. I recently forced myself to take a 6 week holiday from the plant, and it fucking SUCKED!!! Mainly from a sleep and mood perspective, but I also felt lethargic, similar to quitting caffeine....it was awful. I wanted to go for 8 weeks, but just couldn't bare the lack of sleep any longer. I do have mental health issues, so basically it was like someone just stopping their meds cold turkey, but I needed the detox.

I pissed clean after about a month I think, and constantly felt "tingles" through the withdrawal, even after a month clean. When I started up again, OMG - .1g would send me to another world, and it would feel that way for about a week, maybe less, and then after another week of vaping morning till night, my tolerance finally peaked after 2 weeks, maybe a bit more, and i'm now back to trying to get it down.

It's like when I vape, I NEVER want to ever be fully sober.... but again, medicinal ofcourse :)

I feel that keeping your receptors fresh and not downregulated is the best way to get therapeutic value from this plant. As soon as I get a decent tolerance, I start getting side effects and the benefits start to fade. But everyone is different!

biohacker,
Reactions: kellya86

Farid

I feel that keeping your receptors fresh and not downregulated is the best way to get therapeutic value from this plant. As soon as I get a decent tolerance, I start getting side effects and the benefits start to fade. But everyone is different!

I agree, though in practice it can be difficult. My goal used to be to try and always keep my tolerance as low as possible, thinking that was the best way to get therapeutic effects. Now I think there is a happy medium. When my tolerance is too low it makes dosing cannabis hard. Even one hit is enough to get me more effects (and the wrong effects) than what I need. For me I feel the happy medium when I'm dosing regularly, but not large doses each time. If I space out my doses too much my tolerance gets too low, and the anti epileptic properties which I crave become diminished. If I dose too often or with too large a dose the therapeutic effects don't last long enough, or are not strong enough as tolerance builds.

I should note that for me the side effects from cannabis are the therapeutic effects, so feeling tired from CBN is a good thing. So I actually like mixing conduction and convection to get the actives which best help me.

Last edited:

Morimoto

Excellent thread!

I personally vape for 2 weeks, and then take 2 weeks off, almost all the time. I find that gives me perspective on both aspects of life; stoned life and, "stock" life.

I spent most of my 20's as a daily smoker with no breaks, and it was inefficient, too much wasted time/effort on trying to get baked via combustion, sitting in various sketchy apartments endlessly smoking joints with goombas. Now in my 30's I vape and enjoy the tolerance breaks just as much as getting a fresh half ounce after the t-break! (I still smoke at least 1-3 joints per half-ounce, the rest is vaped in the Lotus & now the FireFly2)

biohacker

I should note that for me the side effects from cannabis are the therapeutic effects, so feeling tired from CBN is a good thing. So I actually like mixing conduction and convection to get the actives which best help me.

Great points, I definitely agree about having a tolerance that is too low can cause some issues, but like I said - everyone is different. My side effects are more like constantly feeling tired, night sweats, waking up in the middle of the night because my brain wants actives, etc. I do know that my body/brain does notice a huge difference between convection and conduction. How are you getting your CBN?

I personally vape for 2 weeks, and then take 2 weeks off, almost all the time. I find that gives me perspective on both aspects of life; stoned life and, "stock" life.

You are definitely a role model for me! HOW do you do it? How can you vape for 2 weeks, and then just STOP? You don't get any serious withdrawal effects? I go through hell for 2-3 weeks, and then it's a bit more tolerable for 2-3 weeks, and then I can't stand it anymore and the cycle starts again. Beats pharma.

Now in my 30's I vape and enjoy the tolerance breaks just as much as getting a fresh half ounce after the t-break!

Now you are just being silly! :rofl:

I'm going to try @kellya86 method of spacing doses and making them smaller.... the micro dosing thread is great, but I just can't seem to get satisfied on less than .2g unless my tolerance is post-break!

biohacker,

Farid

I get CBN from higher temps and conduction vapes. Its weird, I find that a bit of conduction is needed to get me to be tired early enough, but too much and I start getting a tolerance to it a lot quicker than I get to THC that's been convection vaped. The night sweats only happen if I don't vape, and they go away by the third night of a break. They are way worse if I'm coming down from high dose usage. I always just chalk it up to my body getting used to the change.

Feeling tired is certainly a side effect, but I'm on meds which make me feel way more tired, so I've just gotten used to it and it certainly beats not being able to sleep.

biohacker

I took me well over a month for the night sweats to subside during my detox, but I was also sweating the bed while vaping 2+g/day so that was part of the reason for the detox, to see if it was actually the cannabis (it was). Fortunately presently I have not had a single night sweat in over a month now I think, which is massive for me, and the best sleep i've had in years. I also use a Mighty, but it's mostly convection, depending on how I use it.

I sometimes wonder if the conduction produces some toxins that cause these issues, but I guess it's all temp dependent.

biohacker,
Reactions: h3rbalist
Top Bottom