Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Dejavu

one more odd thing about people using new F series is that they put a screen in those I heard to prevent clogging...

Not sure why machine it and put a screen in also, just adding 1 bottom screen doesn't mess with flavor? The hellcat will need a screen on both sides? Id rather have machined on the tomcat anyways if im flipping it a lot but just odd to me.

Maybe use 4mm balls at the bottom just to fill the holes then go 3mm? not sure, anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Dejavu,
Reactions: BigJr48

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
That’s what I did with my F22, a layer and ~a half of 4mm, filled to top with 3mm. The bottom “screen” seems secure and there is still rattle room.

Timps27,

Dejavu

That’s what I did with my F22, a layer and ~a half of 4mm, filled to top with 3mm. The bottom “screen” seems secure and there is still rattle room.
Did you use a b1 before getting the F22? Worth the upgrade? I meant they added a mesh screen in their F series and used 3mm purely. I thought maybe a different combo of balls might fix any clogging up the airflow.

I think machined the holes to be square instead of circle might have worked better?

Dejavu,

Timps27

I had a B2 prior, the F22 is a huge upgrade for me but as I’ve said that may be more to the effect that I like the open airflow more than the B2. From B1 to F22, honestly I can’t imagine it being much of a different experience.

Dejavu

I had a B2 prior, the F22 is a huge upgrade for me but as I’ve said that may be more to the effect that I like the open airflow more than the B2. From B1 to F22, honestly I can’t imagine it being much of a different experience.
Yeah, my vas was about to kick in when I saw the tomcat. I have the b1 with injector and diffuser but debating on buying a 2nd b1 head or selling the injector or both and grabbing a tomcat...I just would hate to try the tomcat and be upset the airflow from the injector side wasn't as good as a b1.

I might just get rid of my injector and wait a bit for new products and see how the tomcat does.

I was a fanboying a bit over CH but putting out F22 and F16 without letting people know about the tomcat would have enraged me because I was going to grab the F22 and not able to convert it to the tomcat lol

Someone with a b1 injector or diffuser should be able to tomcat theirs but with meshed screens and coilguard...That would be the next logical released device?

Last edited:

Ned Bogan

I got a 5am teaser email from CH today hinting at upcoming 710 sale prices. I was hoping to get a Flowerpot on sale, but the teaser email was strictly dab-focused. Does anybody know if CH's 710 discounts are usually dab-only or if they're across the board?

Ned Bogan,
  • Sad

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Well, I'm about to join the Flowerpot club :) My buddy @Bad Dog sent me a full kit (weedeater) to see how this style of vape works. I'm coming from the Dynaverse, so I think I'll be pleasantly surprised with how hard this will him. The Weedeater kit is scheduled for delivery today, so once I have it I'll find my optimmum placement and then set it up. I'm SO excited to give one of these a shot! :) Thanks so much @Bad Dog for being such an awesomely cool friend! I just hope to be able to share something YOUR way soon lol :)

I might have some questions about usage and the such, hopefully there are ppl here that are still familiar with the Weedeater head and can help with guidance if needed :)

Ned Bogan

CH is offering a 20% store-wide 710 discount until 11:59pm (ET) tonight. I've been waffling with the "to FlowerPot or not to FlowerPot" quandary for a while, but that's now over. Today is the day I pull the trigger.

Ned Bogan,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Madtater

CH is offering a 20% store-wide 710 discount until 11:59pm (ET) tonight. I've been waffling with the "to FlowerPot or not to FlowerPot" quandary for a while, but that's now over. Today is the day I pull the trigger.
What is the code.

Been wanting a shovelhead bowl for my protoge for a while

Madtater,

RedZep

I hate using my B0. I've decided it's due to how deep all the glass bowls are. Extraction is so inefficient at the temps I like as the flower is so damn far away from the heater.

Before I decide to sell, could someone inform what the B0 is like with the shovelhead bowl. I've heard it brings the herb closer to the heater. Does it add a lot of conduction also? As I would like to try and keep a heavy convection bias, as least for most of the extraction.

RedZep,

nicknobody

I hate using my B0. I've decided it's due to how deep all the glass bowls are. Extraction is so inefficient at the temps I like as the flower is so damn far away from the heater.

Before I decide to sell, could someone inform what the B0 is like with the shovelhead bowl. I've heard it brings the herb closer to the heater. Does it add a lot of conduction also? As I would like to try and keep a heavy convection bias, as least for most of the extraction.
Sell it. The bzero can barely extract a bowl 😂

Kidding of course. What PID and temps u starting at?

nicknobody,

Timps27

The “adds conduction” line of argument is broscience bunk. I could leave my F22 head on the shovel head bowl for 5 minutes; if I then remove the head I will produce exactly zero vapor from the “pre-heated” bowl.

I would take a look at some other options out there, like wood bowls from Ed’s TNT, DFreeZ Designs, etc.

RedZep

Sell it. The bzero can barely extract a bowl 😂

Kidding of course. What PID and temps u starting at?
It honestly feels that way. Can't remember name of the pid but it's set to 680. I tried it with SB which brough the herb much closer and I got one hit extraction. Using the recommended glass bowl it takes around 10-12 with lots of stirring. I honestly have better things to do with my time.

I recall the weed eater head extracting so much faster, but I didn't like the conduction heavy effects as they tend to wear off much quicker than convection highs imo.

RedZep,

nicknobody

It honestly feels that way. Can't remember name of the pid but it's set to 680. I tried it with SB which brough the herb much closer and I got one hit extraction. Using the recommended glass bowl it takes around 10-12 with lots of stirring. I honestly have better things to do with my time.

I recall the weed eater head extracting so much faster, but I didn't like the conduction heavy effects as they tend to wear off much quicker than convection highs imo.
Not all pids are created equal? I wouldn’t be put off by trying much higher temps if you’re getting such poor results. I’ve read on several occasions raising temps can be a fix to a lot of poor ball/gem vape performance

Fwiw i run my ch pid at 555 with my b0 and get instant milk and nice even roast with a stir in between each rip

nicknobody,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The “adds conduction” line of argument is broscience bunk. I could leave my F22 head on the shovel head bowl for 5 minutes; if I then remove the head I will produce exactly zero vapor from the “pre-heated” bowl.

I would take a look at some other options out there, like wood bowls from Ed’s TNT, DFreeZ Designs, etc.
I 100% agree about the conduction thing being bunk. Although I still really like the shovelhead bowl. I think I would like it even more if it were SS rather than titanium, but that is a nit. It's a great little indestructible bowl that is very flexible for most pieces. Also I like the screen depth.

Yesterday I was talking about this on Discord and decided to do an experiment. I loaded the shovelhead with weed and just let it sit for 5 minutes at 540F on my Auber. Before:
PXL-20230711-052020167.jpg

After:
PXL-20230711-052637448.jpg

You can see the herb is a nice dark tan color. As you said no vapor came off when I inhaled and the vape head was removed. I put the vape back on and still got lots of vapor.

This got me thinking. What would happen with the glass bowl?
Before:
PXL-20230711-052826889.jpg

After:
PXL-20230711-053511154.jpg

The Herb was absolutely black and smoldering a bit. the load is slightly closer to the heater with this bowl.

This says to me that the heat is only from the head itself and no conduction effects of the bowl. Both bowls were hot as fuck after the experiment.

Timps27

Yep, and with the titanium it looks like heat soak was pulling some of the heat from the head, whereas with glass it mostly went into the material.

I also prefer my shovelhead with my F22, but decoupling it from glass during a pull is a sub-optimal experience. Ordered a sleeve from DFreez, hoping the removal of the angular moment from the lever style handle will improve the experience.

SquirrelMaster

I disagree with the idea that different CH heads can lean more conduction or convection, as that does not makes sense in my mind.

Bowl material however does have an impact from my experience, at least at the lower temps, and I can see how some might refer to it as conduction. I've always noticed my glass bowls do not extract as quickly as the Shovelhead. This is very easy to see on the outer edge of the glass that stays lighter in color. Again, this is more noticeable at lower temps.

My thought process is that titanium absorbs heat faster than glass (obviously), so I wonder if titanium absorbs the heat (quickly) rather than the glass bowls which take longer (acting as an insulator) and seem to pull some of this heat away from the side walls.
Wood bowl are a little different as well because they're more of an insulator than glass, yet they do not leave a lighter color around the edge. I have not used wood bowls with my B's, this is based on my wood Tinymight stem amd reports of others.

As I raise my temps, this effect is less pronounced anyway.

RedZep

I disagree with the idea that different CH heads can lean more conduction or convection, as that does not makes sense in my mind.

Bowl material however does have an impact from my experience, at least at the lower temps, and I can see how some might refer to it as conduction. I've always noticed my glass bowls do not extract as quickly as the Shovelhead. This is very easy to see on the outer edge of the glass that stays lighter in color. Again, this is more noticeable at lower temps.

My thought process is that titanium absorbs heat faster than glass (obviously), so I wonder if titanium absorbs the heat (quickly) rather than the glass bowls which take longer (acting as an insulator) and seem to pull some of this heat away from the side walls.
Wood bowl are a little different as well because they're more of an insulator than glass, yet they do not leave a lighter color around the edge. I have not used wood bowls with my B's, this is based on my wood Tinymight stem amd reports of others.

As I raise my temps, this effect is less pronounced anyway.
I'm following and agreeing with these points, and those made above. However I feel a profound difference in effects from a diffuser head in a shovelhead bowl, compared to an injector head in a glass bowl.

With the diffuser/shovelhead the effects are deep and stony. Very very nice but I feel it wears off faster than the more cerebral head high I get from the injector.

Maybe the bowl is irrelevant. But if so I believe there is a massive difference between injector and diffuser heads. I would love to know why that may be :hmm:

RedZep,
Reactions: Cheebsy
Top Bottom