Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

west-elec

You don't want it too fluffy or uneven or more air will flow through the less dense areas, less through more dense where more of your material is, leading to uneven cooking.
My pinkie fits perfectly inside the shovelhead so I just gently level it out so it sits at an even depth across the screen. 2 hits to clear no stirring required.

thevapist

What's the latest info on the double weave screens on the site? Are they still the "newer" ones that are thinner than the originals? Does anyone have a link to double weave titanium screens similar in thickness to the originals?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Finally found a LolliCap to add to my collection. I love the feel of this one. Perfect for dabbing.

My favorite one is the 4 hole VRod cap. I run my PID at 575 and just leave it on all the time. The added heated mass sitting on top of the head makes for powerful low temp hits. It’s not the same if I only have the cap on for just the hit. The VRod cap is cupped and hugs the head like a ball cap. I would not recommend doing this with the universal carb cap. 191F14FA-826C-4C99-A050-2E9CB66EAF9A.jpeg

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Uh oh, why not? I was doing that over the weekend…
I suppose you could, you’re right. The tippiness and where it’s going to land is the fear and worry. Two feeling I try to avoid when relaxing.

The VRod cap is so nice. I wish everyone could experience it. I also really like their DCup cap because it also is specifically designed to be used only with the DCup. It’s specialized not universalized.

I like your technique you are using. Usually people seem to think I’m crazy for leaving my carb on my VRod all the time or for even using a carb at all. Are you running lower temps or just looking for faster extraction?

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
This is interesting and something I've been experimenting with.
Running vrod at around 600 to 610 on pid.
Universal carb cap placed on for about 20 secs. Draw taken but cap left on. Tasty. Second draw cap left on. Tasty. Final draw and cap taken off to clear.
I find leaving cap on and not clearing every draw keeps the taste sweeter for some reason..... This was discovered when I forgot to remove cap after every draw and clearing the chamber....

Take what you mean re universal not.bring stable. Are the dedicated vrod caps still available?

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've also recently got into leaving my Vrod cap on all the time along with a few terp pearls and am def starting to prefer it vs uncapped or just having the cap on when I take a hit. Shit milks up fast, I'm getting as strong of hits at 666f as I was running in the high rollers club at 700f :evil:

I am super glad I picked up my unit early on enough to get the OG Vrod cap but am very jealous of that 4 hole cap. Some of the discontinued carb cap varieties would be a pretty sweet limited run item for CH to do just like they did with the AVB cans a while back.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused

Which one is this....?

And this

710yota

Which one is this....?

And this

The top one is a one hole VRod cap and the bottom one is a showerhead cap I believe. Interesting seeing them available on those euro sites as they have both been long discontinued.

710yota

The bottom one is not a showercap. It looks like NV's older model carb cap, older than the showercap.

Thanks for correcting me on this, I thought it looked a bit off from the showercap but the closest I could think of. Your probably right about it being one of the OG caps.

710yota,
Reactions: Ramahs

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Would that fit the vrod...?
I believe those were designed to work with 25mm dishes, not the 28mm dish the VRod uses.

The guy I bought my LolliCap from said he ordered it from VapeFiend and paid about $20 to have it shipped. Unfortunately the VRod cap and LolliCap are discontinued. I wouldn’t hesitate to order one from VapeFiend if it’s something you really want.

Here is an interesting link to an interesting idea that was submitted to CH. I too think a cape that screws on, replacing the dish nut, would be an awesome VRod flower use upgrade, Improving lower temp use and safety.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CannabisHardware/comments/nsaybm

snackmaster

Here is an interesting link to an interesting idea that was submitted to CH.
That’s mine but I haven’t heard anything from CH on it other than asking if they could share it. It’s what got me experimenting with leaving the cap on.

Still don’t know if it’d be better as is with more holes & more heated surface area or fewer holes & more restriction. Someone on Reddit suggested threading the side holes so you could adjust the airflow with screws, which sounds interesting.

cvs8floz

rBVa4l_J43eAQFmIAAQE4TiTs_I635.jpgrBVa4l_J43eAQFmIAAQE4TiTs_I635.jpg
In my opinion this is the best carb cap for any Flowerpot vaporizer, especially if you always cap your hits and leave the cap on. Air flow is perfect through the many vents, so much better than anything CH has produced. I use it at 575F with 18mm glass, raising the temp just 10 degrees makes a huge difference when you cap your hits, I don't think I ever go above that even with very fresh material.

cvs8floz

I don't understand how that works with a VRod? The center nut is taller than the sides of the dish and that glass cap doesn't seem to have a recessed area in the middle?
Wouldn't work with a VRod I guess, but works with the others that don't have the center nut sticking out.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: Bad Dog

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
image.jpg

Here's how I'd do it. Instead of a lid screwing on to the dish post I'd just remove the top half of the VROD and screw this on the bottom diffuser. This would ultimately replace the weedeater head, and would also satisfy those who missed out on the Showerhead. Since people want more draw restriction, just make these holes on the top assembly smaller in diameter than the ones on the diffuser.

Top Bottom