Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
I already did, Chris helped me within one hour after contacting :)
No loose wires, no EEE code after turning it on without coil. I got no luck with the timing and sice i'm living in EU if will be harder to replace.

But that also gives new chances, will try to not combust today and instead of the FP try the E-Nano with more heat and more distance. Think I will be three weeks without a FP.
Maybe you could replace just the PID module yourself, it’s only about 20€ from China.

Vape Soda,

snackmaster

A small complaint I have with the Showerhead is that the piece that tightens it to the downstem is a little finicky as the rubber starts to move when I try to really tighten it down. I picked up the Shovelhead one day and it spun loose and dumped my AVB and downstem out so I make sure it's secured really well now.
There's a hole near the screw end of the handle - you can stick a dab tool, paperclip, or whatever in there for extra leverage. Makes a big difference over tightening with just your fingers.

Last edited:

Vaporware

A small complaint I have with the Showerhead is that the piece that tightens it to the downstem is a little finicky as the rubber starts to move when I try to really tighten it down. I picked up the Shovelhead one day and it spun loose and dumped my AVB and downstem out so I make sure it's secured really well now.

I’m assuming you meant ShovelHead there, so unless they’ve changed the design the handle has a little hole near the end that screws into the bowl. If you have a mini screwdriver or anything else atrong enough you can stick it through the hole and get it as tight as you want it. :)

The way I do it is set the post in the glass and the bowl loose on top, tighten the handle with my fingers until it’s touching the post inside, then use the mini screwdriver to tighten it until I feel it pressing against the side of the joint a little.

That little bit of extra pressure seems to help keep the bowl from pulling out with the head when new people are using (or if I’m ever too far gone to notice I’m not lifting the head straight up :lol:).

The one I use is something like this, but any thin metal tool should work.

That sucks! If the contacts are not burnt you can keep the housing, sockets and buttons and replace the „versatile temperature control device“ as it is the primary device (PID).

Yeah, that’s the part I mentioned only costing like $20-30 when I had to get one. Vapoz’s is only a couple of weeks old though, so hopefully someone’s just taking care of it under warranty.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
My Plusplusglass bowl came and it doesn't work :(, the top is too big so the Shovelhead doesn't fit over top. I'll see what the seller says but that's unfortuantely par for the course for my recent china glass purchases. I bought a different piece (bong base) from lumin88 that is absolute garbage and has air leaks on the joints; I would highly recommend against. My other DHGate glass bowls from Stevenlmz79 arrived and I didn't try them out yet but they look ok, the bowls are a little crooked but at least they were half the price? The plusplusglass bowl has a much better looking glass screen and overall looks better minus not being able to actually function. I also had some beracky quartz carving spinner caps from beyond1688 (DHGate) show up that I had ordered after reading they were a good (possibly claimed as better iirc) than the CH carb cap. If the cost is that much of an issue then I guess they're better than not having a carb cap but I'd consider them a waste of money and would not recommend. They don't seem to be worth the trouble as they don't sit flush covering the top of the dish like the CH carb cap does. Essentially there's a giant gap around the outside of the dish. I have to be very careful centering it on the dish nut and it will fall off easily unless I hold it during my hit or don't bump it.

Now to the good stuff.

My 420 CH order had a VROD head/SiC dish, 20mm coil, enail handle, Shovelhead, 18mm and 14mm Ti downstem, carb cap/dab scoop, larger round stand, glass CH bowl, PAX scoop, and 1 extra titanium screen in each size. As I said in my original post they arrived in absolutely immaculate, OCD passable condition which never seems to be the case for my purchases so I was very impressed from the moment it arrived. I already had an Auber RDK 300b for my Elev8r so I was set on that front.

I'll just say, I don't regret buying a single piece of my CH order. I'm really enjoying the glass and titanium bowls and how much of a difference the two materials have on a session. I'm finding the glass bowl has better flavour but marginally slower extraction because of less conduction heating compared to the Shovelhead. For my first session of the day, the smaller bowl size (because of the thicker glass walls) is a nice option but I can still blast through a bowl (or two) pretty quickly if needed. The only thing I don't like about the glass bowl is that the screen doesn't "lock" in at all so I have be careful stirring (habit) or I can flip the load and also the screen comes out when I dump the bowl. Both are a minor inconvenience.

The Shovelhead on the other hand continues to bring me to my knees every night with its slightly larger capacity and fast extraction from the added conduction heating. There is no hot spotting with the carb cap on either bowl but when removed I start to get some uneven heating on the top layer so I always use the cap. With the depth of the Shovelhead I've been stirring when I pack it full as the top layer gets more of the heat so even though there's no hot spotting on that layer it still receives the brunt of the heat. I've unintentionally not stirred and everything works out in the end but I prefer a stir to preserve flavour. If I pack less I don't bother stirring. A small complaint I have with the Showerhead is that the piece that tightens it to the downstem is a little finicky as the rubber starts to move when I try to really tighten it down. I picked up the Shovelhead one day and it spun loose and dumped my AVB and downstem out so I make sure it's secured really well now.

I'm very impressed with how clean the VROD and even Shovelhead stay. This is a huge benefit of titanium from my experience so far which also applies to the screens which stay cleaner than my stainless steel screens.Maybe because I leave my VROD on for hours at a time it helps keep things clean? Titanium seems to be superior in that regard plus I don't find the taste is impacted as much as using stainless or aluminum but that could just be me. The screens are heavy duty for sure, I'm glad I grabbed extras even though I haven't put them to use yet.

The cap is a necessity for the VROD as I said before. My only complaint, which is my fault, is that the wood will start to darken near the carb cap when I space and leave the cap on top of the VROD while it's turned on. I removed the wood off and gave it a light sanding to fix it back up which keeps the darkening of the lines in the grain which does look really nice.

A stand is a necessity for the VROD and I'm glad I went with the larger stand with room for all my parts. I have not been using the debowler yet for actually debowling but I like having some space to store parts in that area so I don't regret the larger stand. I need to carve down one of my S&B brushes to fit in one the many holes and I'd also like to grab a couple more debowler spikes to hold extra bowls and downstems more securely.

I've wanted a metal scoop for a while and I'm glad I picked up the Pax loading tool which I've been using on a bunch of vapes. I have a plastic funnel that I use to load the bowls when they're cool but once there's some heat present the metal scoop is a safer choice. It also sits perfectly in one of the many holes on the stand.

I have to play around with my temperature some more to see how much lower I can go but 300°C/572°F has been a good temperature for me and then I'll sometimes boost it a little but extraction is already so fast that I don't really need to.

The VROD is a TRUE heavy hitter unchallenged by most. This vape will rip your face off. It's not a microdoser by any means and if that's what you're looking for there are better alternatives. That's not to say it isn't possible but it's overkill for that job. It's a much safer route than any of the ball vape mods which have the risk of burning hot balls going everywhere albeit the open nature of the VROD is still a potential burn hazard. I'm going to keep cycling through my desktops but the VROD is tied for my #1 overall desktop spot at the moment. There is a reason so many say this is a VAS ending device, it's just that good.
Excellent initial thoughts! Though I don't agree with everything?!?

The VROD is a TRUE heavy hitter unchallenged by most. This vape will rip your face off. It's not a microdoser by any means and if that's what you're looking for there are better alternatives. That's not to say it isn't possible but it's overkill for that job. It's a much safer route than any of the ball vape mods which have the risk of burning hot balls going everywhere albeit the open nature of the VROD is still a potential burn hazard. I'm going to keep cycling through my desktops but the VROD is tied for my #1 overall desktop spot at the moment. There is a reason so many say this is a VAS ending device, it's just that good.
The flowerpots are totally able micro dosers and that's pretty much All I use them for. Ime smaller bowls vape better and taste better. Just because I drive my Lamborghini back and forth to the grocery store don't mean I don't enjoy it as much as someone who commutes on the Autobahn everyday.

thevapist

@SquirrelMaster

I have to agree on the DH gate glass lately. I was praising it not long ago, but I have ordered from many of the popular sellers recently, and almost all of my purchases have had issues. I ordered a backup Mobius sidecar and a recycler diffuser with the bead in it, both were absolute trash quality and the Mobius has a leak at the BOTTOM of the piece where they connect the base. The Mobius was overall too thin and not full scale; it was like 3/4 scale compared to the last one I got from same seller.

The recycler is so sloppily put together. the bowl is crooked, all the joints are crooked and uneven thickness, the actual diffuser tube inside is tilted. My shovelhead bowl sits at a noticeable 75 degree angle. It's just gotten very, very bad compared to before COVID when $30 for an acceptable quality piece was a great deal. I took credit on the Mobius after fighting with someone with crap English. Don't think I'll be using it.

I've ordered both of these pieces before from the same seller with no issues 1-2 years ago.

Steven is so expensive at this point with probably the longest shipping I've seen. I personally waited almost 3 months two separate times. He also lies that his support speaks english, as they don't and never have with me. My next purchases will be some US blown glass as I've seen some nice stuff popping up in the $100-200 range. I'm not someone who spends $$ on glass as I always break it. If it was a cool heady piece I used once in a blue moon and kept as art sure, but I'm looking for functional stuff at the moment.

They don't even know how these things are used, it's pure greed on their part.

I'm done getting ripped off by the Chinese. I'll tell ya that much! :science: They're just looking to take advantage of "idiot drug users" and will keep jacking prices and lowering quality in their typical fashion. I'd love to see a documentary on these glass factories, as they are all probably the same parent company.

I have to disagree that the VROD can't microdose, though. I can put a pretty small amount in and rip it in one hit like a bong.

SquirrelMaster

.@snackmaster @Vaporware
Great advice, that did just the trick! I used my Elev8r pic to tighten it up a bit.

@Bad Dog
It'll microdose but there are other vapes better suited for the task imo. I think of it more like a ride on lawn mower for a typical suburban yard. That comes from the bowl size honestly, I like a layer of flower in my bowls and all the bowls for the VROD are pretty big. It kinda reminds me of my Hybrid which works better with at least a layer of material (more conduction but comparable to the Shovelhead). That doesn't work quite the same with the CH glass bowl but maybe part of it is my tendency to dose to the bowl size. I'd try a smaller bowl if someone made one compatible with the VROD, that could be a really good accessory.

For desktops, a log is a better microdoser imo. The bowls are smaller (Alpha somewhat excluded), power consumption is lower, they're safer to have sitting around and they can be much cheaper. If someone wants to really microdose I would not recommend the VROD (or any of my other desktops for that matter) UNLESS their tolerance fluctuated (logs need recovery), money was no object, or they would be using it in group situations (recovery again) and wanted a single device. At that point the VROD is more versatile so the extra cost is worth it.

If my VROD is heated up a full glass bowl is my version of microdosing so if this post doesn't make sense that can be attributed to the glass bowls I've been having throughout the day :D

Bad Dog

@SquirrelMaster the thing about the flowerpot is that it's the vape that got me almost all the way off combustion, not totally until I also quit tobacco. Nothing else hits like it! The speed and extraction are phenomenal ! But saying it's not a micro doser is like saying there's no need to flavor chase when you can ride the combustion line so perfectly 😜 different strokes for different folks, but I come from a heavier use background and not so long ago. The main reason I didn't hesitate to pick up a second is how well it has kept up with my changing habits.

Sorry your plus plus bowl was a dud ☹️🤬 mine is perfect and gets good heat transfer, hopefully the seller makes it write cause it's a great bowl, I'll post some pics of the difference between my plus plus and CH ZZ glass with a big load of CBD;) I'm a micro doser after all. But if you want to try a good hack grab one of your Bowle pots and put it in your shovelhead but make sure to push the screen of the pot up slightly so it doesn't come in contact with the screen in the shovelhead or you will get serious reclaim build up, no stirring required 😁

here’s what the plusplus looks like after 2 570 VRod hits capped and one higher temperature Weedeater hit, no stirring
Before
C6A42146-4975-4DC1-85E2-71CA327ABBF7.jpeg
After
1058768F-267F-468F-9E64-2A637B829DAB.jpeg
ZZ before
BED4B561-E76B-4E29-B74D-9E961E97C02A.jpeg
After
FB9F2D86-C5AC-444D-99FD-4545465EF4BB.jpeg

Last edited:

thevapist

The sherlock looking thing? I'm looking for water filtration so that won't quite work. Looking for a scientific 18mm rig with some heady elements on it.

I don't really understand the no water thing. It cools the vape considerably, filters, and using pearls with quartz/SiC it's definitely filtering some micro particles of dust from the pearls. You can see the ring pearls make over time in a dish, that dust is going somewhere and I'd rather it get filtered out in water than go into my lungs! Flavor is fine IMO, and no water doesn't seem to improve it that much. I just don't get it :hmm:, but more power to you folks if you find it to be better.

thevapist,

Bad Dog

Didn't mean to suggest the hook for the flowerpot it's a little too unwieldy , only that it's lovely and custom work is a possibility depends on how much you want to spend and if he's willing. Plenty of glass blowers on Instagram?

cvs8floz

My Plusplusglass bowl came and it doesn't work :(, the top is too big so the Shovelhead doesn't fit over top.
Why would you want to put the Shovelhead on top of the glass bowl, isn't the Shovelhead the titanium bowl CH sells? The head assembly goes on top of the bowl. My 18mm Plusplusglass bowl works perfectly with both my Weedeater and Showerhead assemblies.

Bad Dog

It's a dab kind of evening! Dusted off my quartz Halo for a couple of solo dabs no twaxing tonight! Finally figured the best way to clean it. I put a little dark crystal in a shot glass and microwave till hot, then I add enough baking soda to make a paste and smear that all over the dish and put it in a Ziploc bag to keep the dark crystal from evaporating and leave it over night. The next day it's noticably dryer so I scrape off most then add a little fresh hot crystal to make a thin paste and qtip like crazy! Hot water rinse and bam one clean dish!

That was a big one for me, so flavourful!

Edit: the VRod continues to impress and though still new may have unseated the Weedeater as flowerpot #1!
3119C93F-3283-46C5-8C18-504CFC6A9598.jpeg
it’s already starting to turn gold 🥰 and quickly replacing the blue lady as my favourite. Dropped down 10 tonight and had a nice big .2 load of some organic GG#4, taste was great through my dry matrix 😋 going to see how low I can go.

Last edited:

demonscars

I think the thing that confuses me is the temp difference between this and other vapes. For example I’ll be getting visible vapor from a Mighty or Volcano at 356F but most seem to run the VROD in the mid 500’s-600’s. Maybe I’m also being very very dumb too. I’ve been using the pot, flowerpot that is.

WelshBrok

I think the thing that confuses me is the temp difference between this and other vapes. For example I’ll be getting visible vapor from a Mighty or Volcano at 356F but most seem to run the VROD in the mid 500’s-600’s. Maybe I’m also being very very dumb too. I’ve been using the pot, flowerpot that is.
Temp on the controller is the coil temp, not the temp of the air passing through the material. Measuring the temp of the air actually passing through the material is difficult but I think I remember someone attempting it in the past (it’s probably 100+ pages back though, seems like years ago)

SquirrelMaster

@SquirrelMaster the thing about the flowerpot is that it's the vape that got me almost all the way off combustion, not totally until I also quit tobacco. Nothing else hits like it! The speed and extraction are phenomenal ! But saying it's not a micro doser is like saying there's no need to flavor chase when you can ride the combustion line so perfectly 😜 different strokes for different folks, but I come from a heavier use background and not so long ago. The main reason I didn't hesitate to pick up a second is how well it has kept up with my changing habits.

Sorry your plus plus bowl was a dud ☹️🤬 mine is perfect and gets good heat transfer, hopefully the seller makes it write cause it's a great bowl, I'll post some pics of the difference between my plus plus and CH ZZ glass with a big load of CBD;) I'm a micro doser after all. But if you want to try a good hack grab one of your Bowle pots and put it in your shovelhead but make sure to push the screen of the pot up slightly so it doesn't come in contact with the screen in the shovelhead or you will get serious reclaim build up, no stirring required 😁

here’s what the plusplus looks like after 2 570 VRod hits capped and one higher temperature Weedeater hit, no stirring
Before
View attachment 8811
After
View attachment 8812
ZZ before
View attachment 8813
After
View attachment 8814
That looks like a lot more than what I would consider a microdose. I mean that's MY kind of microdose but I meant more like the tiny bowls some log owners will pack which are pretty much a few flakes. Is that second bowl smaller? In the last two pics the glass looks a little different. Someone could always pack a little less and make it work but it's still overkill imo if you're a real light weight.
Why would you want to put the Shovelhead on top of the glass bowl, isn't the Shovelhead the titanium bowl CH sells? The head assembly goes on top of the bowl. My 18mm Plusplusglass bowl works perfectly with both my Weedeater and Showerhead assemblies.
I meant to say the VROD which I definitely used before posting that :lol:.

Bad Dog

That looks like a lot more than what I would consider a microdose. I mean that's MY kind of microdose but I meant more like the tiny bowls some log owners will pack which are pretty much a few flakes. Is that second bowl smaller? In the last two pics the glass looks a little different. Someone could always pack a little less and make it work but it's still overkill imo if you're a real light weight.
That was just a little cbd so its ok to go big, first two pics were the plus plus glass bowl last two were my cannabis hardware ZZ glass bowl. Some times I go small just covering the screen with a fine grind, usually I'm a bit more around .05-.07, some times I like a big bowl to rip my face off but usually stick to my micro dosing, still the option is nice.

Circa1999

It's a dab kind of evening! Dusted off my quartz Halo for a couple of solo dabs no twaxing tonight! Finally figured the best way to clean it. I put a little dark crystal in a shot glass and microwave till hot, then I add enough baking soda to make a paste and smear that all over the dish and put it in a Ziploc bag to keep the dark crystal from evaporating and leave it over night. The next day it's noticably dryer so I scrape off most then add a little fresh hot crystal to make a thin paste and qtip like crazy! Hot water rinse and bam one clean dish!

That was a big one for me, so flavourful!

Edit: the VRod continues to impress and though still new may have unseated the Weedeater as flowerpot #1!
View attachment 8887
it’s already starting to turn gold 🥰 and quickly replacing the blue lady as my favourite. Dropped down 10 tonight and had a nice big .2 load of some organic GG#4, taste was great through my dry matrix 😋 going to see how low I can go.
How did you get your Weedeater blue like that?

Circa1999,

Circa1999

Quick question: Do you guys recommend compacting the herb down when packing bowls or just letting it sit fluffy?

Circa1999,
Reactions: Shrike
Top Bottom