Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Socks And Sandals

What's up with this? Aluminum stains with 99% Iso? My pax loading tool! I've been using 99% since the start of the virus and never had this happen? It soaked no more than a few days and I've left my flowerpot parts in Iso for over a week before while showing my other vapes some love and this has never happened before. Why isn't the Titanium or Stainless steel from CH affected? Has this happened to anyone else? I normally remove everything that isn't TI like the loading tool and spike... I just forgot this once. :mad: I guess now I know it only affects the aluminum since the spike and the SS housing of the brush I had in there were not affected..

Stained Pax Loading Tool

Edit, I can't believe I forgot how to post pictures.. I can't remember how to do it for the life me.. Everytime it's "ooops we ran into a problem"..
Just imagine our beloved Pax Loading tool covered in grey spots.. and you'll get the picture.. Really messes with my OCD too but I'll wait till Black Friday and pray they still have those Sapphire dishes in stock..

Also, I've been eye balling those Ratchet bubblers from C2 Creations. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm in love with their OG BRB50, i'm thinking of jumping the gun.. Perfect size too! That's a pretty good price too for American made glass made right here in my old stomping grounds!

C2 Bubbler

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

thevapist

Decided to pick up one of the D-nail halo quartz 2nds while they were available and it arrived today. Haven’t dabbed on it yet (and probably rarely will), but it looks perfect. It had a sticker that said “chips” but I don’t see any.

This seems to be the most common outcome. I have 2 and neither have anything wrong with them I could see. I've seen many others say the same thing. I think I'm yet to actually see one with a significant defect. Most of it seems to be the frosting got slightly messed up.

lazylathe

Almost there...
My showerhead has been out on loan for a few months now and I was missing it. Decided to upgrade to the Weedeater since it is strictly for flower.

The head is a lot lighter than the showerhead, so it performs very differently.
I never cap my showerhead and it milks up so easily.

This new Weedeater is a different thing altogether... And for me not really an upgrade at all but a downgrade so far. Hoping for some tips and tricks if there are any...

I am running it at 650F and find it has to be capped each and every time.
Capping changed the profiles for me and adds some extra restriction that I am not liking.
Any ways around this?
At least my ancient Lolli Cap seems to fit it quite well!

My draw is slow and I cannot get it to milk without the cap.
Herb is excellent and works as advertised in all my other vapes.
Bought the head and coil from CH so it is meant to work together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
My showerhead has been out on loan for a few months now and I was missing it. Decided to upgrade to the Weedeater since it is strictly for flower.

The head is a lot lighter than the showerhead, so it performs very differently.
I never cap my showerhead and it milks up so easily.

This new Weedeater is a different thing altogether... And for me not really an upgrade at all but a downgrade so far. Hoping for some tips and tricks if there are any...

I am running it at 650F and find it has to be capped each and every time.
Capping changed the profiles for me and adds some extra restriction that I am not liking.
Any ways around this?
At least my ancient Lolli Cap seems to fit it quite well!

My draw is slow and I cannot get it to milk without the cap.
Herb is excellent and works as advertised in all my other vapes.
Bought the head and coil from CH so it is meant to work together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe crank up the temp a little? Many have said the WE needs more heat than the SH. I run between 660 and 675 with no cap and good results.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Do you guys have any issues with throat irritation? I find that with temps above 650 my throat and lungs start hurting. It's probably just me as I'm an old man. :(
I am the same...
My Showerhead could be set low and crank out clouds all day long with no irritation.
Now with the Weedeater, the hotter temps are causing me to cough and the carb cap just changes things negatively...

I would recommend the SH and low temps!

Gigsabits53

I am the same...
My Showerhead could be set low and crank out clouds all day long with no irritation.
Now with the Weedeater, the hotter temps are causing me to cough and the carb cap just changes things negatively...

I would recommend the SH and low temps!
I have been running my VROD at 635 for the last 3 months or so. That has helped tremendously. The other problem I think contributing to my discomfort is just the amount I vape every day. It's been too much for a while, but that's a whole different thread:)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you guys have any issues with throat irritation? I find that with temps above 650 my throat and lungs start hurting. It's probably just me as I'm an old man. :(

ETA: forgot to mention that I am using the V-ROD.

Do you have something equally as powerful that doesn’t bother you? I think it’s just sort of the reality of powerhouse vapes combined with frequent usage.

Inhaling in one hit what could go for 20 minutes in other vapes, I think it just takes a toll eventually.

I think vaping all that plant material takes a toll on heavier users too, for some higher tolerance folk concentrates might make more sense.

Sometimes a bigger water pipe helps too, but some have to be careful as it can be tempting to just do bigger hits with bigger tubes!

demonscars

2 questions: related to the above, what’s the lowest you run your head at (whichever one you have)? Just wondering how low I can take it. I know I won’t get anything visible past a certain point obviously.

And the 2nd question, is the one I came to ask before seeing the temp convo (I also suffer from back of throat irritation but I think it’s just from heavy use). I bought the GRAV upright upline bubbler in their Memorial Day sale. It’s the one that CH sells on their site. It’s awesome in that it actually fits in the big hole of the 5” stand! But the joint is slightly below a lip which makes it hard to actually get the bowl seated right. Does anyone have any suggestions?

lazylathe

Almost there...
2 questions: related to the above, what’s the lowest you run your head at (whichever one you have)? Just wondering how low I can take it. I know I won’t get anything visible past a certain point obviously.

And the 2nd question, is the one I came to ask before seeing the temp convo (I also suffer from back of throat irritation but I think it’s just from heavy use). I bought the GRAV upright upline bubbler in their Memorial Day sale. It’s the one that CH sells on their site. It’s awesome in that it actually fits in the big hole of the 5” stand! But the joint is slightly below a lip which makes it hard to actually get the bowl seated right. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Since everyone's physiology is different, this is something you will have to experiment with.
To start, just try lowering the temps until you are happy with the results.
This is how I do it.
To find your upper limit, turn the temp up slowly until you start coughing and then drop a degree or two.
Now you have your two limits and you can play around between the two numbers safely.

You may need an adapter for your GRAV to give it a bit more height.

snackmaster

I bought the GRAV upright upline bubbler in their Memorial Day sale. It’s the one that CH sells on their site. It’s awesome in that it actually fits in the big hole of the 5” stand! But the joint is slightly below a lip which makes it hard to actually get the bowl seated right. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure if this is your exact problem, but I've seen a couple people on reddit whose posts sat so deep in the joint that they couldn't attach the shovelhead and I think they were able to reach out to CH and get an extended post.

demonscars

Not sure if this is your exact problem, but I've seen a couple people on reddit whose posts sat so deep in the joint that they couldn't attach the shovelhead and I think they were able to reach out to CH and get an extended post.
This is the exact problem! I mean it’s definitely a fault of the piece, I tried several other bowls and only the one that came with it actually fully sunk into the joint. It does still function, just isn’t as sealed as my OCD would like.

EDIT: my plusplusplus glass bowl arrived today and fits perfectly without an adapter, but I also went down to the nearest headshop and got one cheap.

Last edited:
demonscars,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My Vrod is now ending the purple stage, and beginning to enter the blue stage. However, I really wish it would stay at this current mix of purple/blue stage. It changes color, depending on the light, and It's just so fun to look at!

Onx-Djtj-QTj-WOUu-Gi-Qnw-Xp-A-thumb-195a.jpg

Last edited:

Vapoz

It's seems that my NV PID isn't working. The power-button is on and has that red glow, but it does not heat up and I don't see any digits going up. :/ just before the weekend. Tried new AC cable but still the same results.

Vaporware

If it’s out of warranty, it’s actually pretty easy to repair. The part with the electronics in it is only like $20-30 so it’s a lot better deal than buying a new one. :)

Vapoz

Sorry, I guess maybe there was a loose wire or the electronics were on the edge of failure from the beginning…it sucks, but I’m sure CH will take care of you!
Yeah I think so, that's why I had different results. This really sucks, I did not combust since I got the FP working, now back to combusting the last spliff.

Vapoz

It seems my NewVape PID Controller died, if I turn it on I wont get any error codes or digits displaying. Talked to Chris yesterday and because I bought it in the EU I need to go to the EU retailer. That guy does not have spare PID controllers :/ :( and it's located in France

I'm kinda afraid I've now a 500euro vape (600US-dollars!!) that is not working.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
It seems my NewVape PID Controller died, if I turn it on I wont get any error codes or digits displaying. Talked to Chris yesterday and because I bought it in the EU I need to go to the EU retailer. That guy does not have spare PID controllers :/ :( and it's located in France

I'm kinda afraid I've now a 500euro vape (600US-dollars!!) that is not working.
Not sure if you have seen this video from CH, but it might be worth it to do a quick internal inspection.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Really quick, what are you guys running your sapphire dish at temp wise? Just cracked it open and gonna take it for a spin but don’t wanna crack it open:D

Custom Flower Hardware,

Vapoz

Not sure if you have seen this video from CH, but it might be worth it to do a quick internal inspection.
I already did, Chris helped me within one hour after contacting :)
No loose wires, no EEE code after turning it on without coil. I got no luck with the timing and sice i'm living in EU if will be harder to replace.

But that also gives new chances, will try to not combust today and instead of the FP try the E-Nano with more heat and more distance. Think I will be three weeks without a FP.

SquirrelMaster

My Plusplusglass bowl came and it doesn't work :(, the top is too big so the Shovelhead doesn't fit over top. I'll see what the seller says but that's unfortuantely par for the course for my recent china glass purchases. I bought a different piece (bong base) from lumin88 that is absolute garbage and has air leaks on the joints; I would highly recommend against. My other DHGate glass bowls from Stevenlmz79 arrived and I didn't try them out yet but they look ok, the bowls are a little crooked but at least they were half the price? The plusplusglass bowl has a much better looking glass screen and overall looks better minus not being able to actually function. I also had some beracky quartz carving spinner caps from beyond1688 (DHGate) show up that I had ordered after reading they were a good (possibly claimed as better iirc) than the CH carb cap. If the cost is that much of an issue then I guess they're better than not having a carb cap but I'd consider them a waste of money and would not recommend. They don't seem to be worth the trouble as they don't sit flush covering the top of the dish like the CH carb cap does. Essentially there's a giant gap around the outside of the dish. I have to be very careful centering it on the dish nut and it will fall off easily unless I hold it during my hit or don't bump it.

Now to the good stuff.

My 420 CH order had a VROD head/SiC dish, 20mm coil, enail handle, Shovelhead, 18mm and 14mm Ti downstem, carb cap/dab scoop, larger round stand, glass CH bowl, PAX scoop, and 1 extra titanium screen in each size. As I said in my original post they arrived in absolutely immaculate, OCD passable condition which never seems to be the case for my purchases so I was very impressed from the moment it arrived. I already had an Auber RDK 300b for my Elev8r so I was set on that front.

I'll just say, I don't regret buying a single piece of my CH order. I'm really enjoying the glass and titanium bowls and how much of a difference the two materials have on a session. I'm finding the glass bowl has better flavour but marginally slower extraction because of less conduction heating compared to the Shovelhead. For my first session of the day, the smaller bowl size (because of the thicker glass walls) is a nice option but I can still blast through a bowl (or two) pretty quickly if needed. The only thing I don't like about the glass bowl is that the screen doesn't "lock" in at all so I have be careful stirring (habit) or I can flip the load and also the screen comes out when I dump the bowl. Both are a minor inconvenience.

The Shovelhead on the other hand continues to bring me to my knees every night with its slightly larger capacity and fast extraction from the added conduction heating. There is no hot spotting with the carb cap on either bowl but when removed I start to get some uneven heating on the top layer so I always use the cap. With the depth of the Shovelhead I've been stirring when I pack it full as the top layer gets more of the heat so even though there's no hot spotting on that layer it still receives the brunt of the heat. I've unintentionally not stirred and everything works out in the end but I prefer a stir to preserve flavour. If I pack less I don't bother stirring. A small complaint I have with the Showerhead is that the piece that tightens it to the downstem is a little finicky as the rubber starts to move when I try to really tighten it down. I picked up the Shovelhead one day and it spun loose and dumped my AVB and downstem out so I make sure it's secured really well now.

I'm very impressed with how clean the VROD and even Shovelhead stay. This is a huge benefit of titanium from my experience so far which also applies to the screens which stay cleaner than my stainless steel screens.Maybe because I leave my VROD on for hours at a time it helps keep things clean? Titanium seems to be superior in that regard plus I don't find the taste is impacted as much as using stainless or aluminum but that could just be me. The screens are heavy duty for sure, I'm glad I grabbed extras even though I haven't put them to use yet.

The cap is a necessity for the VROD as I said before. My only complaint, which is my fault, is that the wood will start to darken near the carb cap when I space and leave the cap on top of the VROD while it's turned on. I removed the wood off and gave it a light sanding to fix it back up which keeps the darkening of the lines in the grain which does look really nice.

A stand is a necessity for the VROD and I'm glad I went with the larger stand with room for all my parts. I have not been using the debowler yet for actually debowling but I like having some space to store parts in that area so I don't regret the larger stand. I need to carve down one of my S&B brushes to fit in one the many holes and I'd also like to grab a couple more debowler spikes to hold extra bowls and downstems more securely.

I've wanted a metal scoop for a while and I'm glad I picked up the Pax loading tool which I've been using on a bunch of vapes. I have a plastic funnel that I use to load the bowls when they're cool but once there's some heat present the metal scoop is a safer choice. It also sits perfectly in one of the many holes on the stand.

I have to play around with my temperature some more to see how much lower I can go but 300°C/572°F has been a good temperature for me and then I'll sometimes boost it a little but extraction is already so fast that I don't really need to.

The VROD is a TRUE heavy hitter unchallenged by most. This vape will rip your face off. It's not a microdoser by any means and if that's what you're looking for there are better alternatives. That's not to say it isn't possible but it's overkill for that job. It's a much safer route than any of the ball vape mods which have the risk of burning hot balls going everywhere albeit the open nature of the VROD is still a potential burn hazard. I'm going to keep cycling through my desktops but the VROD is tied for my #1 overall desktop spot at the moment. There is a reason so many say this is a VAS ending device, it's just that good.

Top Bottom