Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

goatgobaahh

I use a dual PID for my Vrod and Weedeater. Its a China PID but works very well. I'd prefer that.
Thanks man looks like i'll need to pick up a new coil. I know New Vape erghm Cannabis Hardware has them but they seem rather expensive for something so simple. Is where you're paying more for the quality or am I better off looking for another enail that fits the vrod elsewhere?

Also thank your kind souls! <3

cvs8floz

Does this also work effectively as a carb cap for the WE, or is this only recommended for the Showerhead?

Thanks!

Many of these FLAT disk types of caps, have the CUT OUT “groves”, on the bottom. So if the disk is too small, and does NOT overlap the edge of whatever you are capping, then NO air will enter. I learned this after buying a cheap one for my 30mm DCup Rig. While the circumference matched, the airflow grooves were covered, so useless for my DCup. So understand how they are supposed to work, and then make sure it’s LARGE enough for the purpose. And by large, I mean OVERLAP area.
This disc is 32mm wide, it covers both the WE and the Showerhead with some overlap, the airflow is great, I use it every day.

Vapefanatic

Thanks man looks like i'll need to pick up a new coil. I know New Vape erghm Cannabis Hardware has them but they seem rather expensive for something so simple. Is where you're paying more for the quality or am I better off looking for another enail that fits the vrod elsewhere?

Also thank your kind souls! <3
Since all my PIDs and coils are China ones, I cannot compare with others. I can only say that I'm happy with them. Just remember to stick with one format. If you buy a certain PID or coil, make sure the pinouts are compatible. Then stick with the same pinout all the time.

Vapefanatic,

Circa1999

Hey does anyone know why they stopped selling the WeedEater bundle? It was just there about a month or two ago?

Do you think that it will be back?

Circa1999,

snackmaster

Hey does anyone know why they stopped selling the WeedEater bundle? It was just there about a month or two ago?

Do you think that it will be back?
It’s still there just not front and center

snackmaster,
Reactions: Circa1999

Enialis

Are there any community vendors I can purchase a flowerpot from here or discount codes for the CannabisHardware website by chance, I really want to grab one asap so I can be done shopping for smoking equipment for the next couple of years and relax.

I think if the only reason to get the weedeater is for savings then I'll probably just get the vrod so I can still dab while I'm in flower mode. I'm already imagining the nightmare that trying to swap 2 hot coils to switch from the flowerpot to enail would be especially if I ever want to use gemstones without cracking them.

Does this all sound logical? I'll have to ask Jcat what he's been able to do with his flowerpot on his enail, I'm pretty happy with the rather limited temp control on my cloud evo and underdog for dry herb but if it's possible to enhance the experience with different temperature curves with the carb cap then I'm all for it. If the FP doesn't benefit much from the extra control then it would be easier to use separate pids.

Edit: everything says the FP uses a very fine grind, which is the opposite of the underdog that works better with very course or even unground herb. Will I need something like a finishing grinder to get the most out of my material?

Last edited:

thevapist

Yes, fine grind is best as more surface area will lead to better extraction. Don't pack too much.

I'm not sure what the underdog is, but unground nugs in a vape sounds funny.

thevapist,

Enialis

Yes, fine grind is best as more surface area will lead to better extraction. Don't pack too much.

I'm not sure what the underdog is, but unground nugs in a vape sounds funny.
The underdog is a standard log vape like the e nano but handmade. Its kind of a middle ground between something mass produced like the e-nano and the more boutique logs like woodscents or heat island.

The underdog though holds incredibly small loads and a fairly short airpath so trying to use more than 0.02g in the small stems can clog the airflow unless you have iron lungs. Sometimes bud thats to kiefy can even clog it.
Its kind of a micro doser but the larger bowls in the water pipe adapter white walls pretty easy and fully extracts the load in 1 or 2 hits.

If you know how the cloud evo works, log vapes are essentially the same thing but wooden and on a smaller scale from a functional stand point. I think stem style vape like the arizer are the same thing in a probable format.

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Does anyone have any suggestions for temperatures for the V Rod? Mine just came in today. I used to own the showerhead and the temp seems higher for the V Rod to do the same thing the showerhead used to do a lower temperatures? Just trying to get some capped an uncapped temperature suggestions?

LAWTHEONE,
Reactions: Mangu

Kins

Does anyone have any suggestions for temperatures for the V Rod? Mine just came in today. I used to own the showerhead and the temp seems higher for the V Rod to do the same thing the showerhead used to do a lower temperatures? Just trying to get some capped an uncapped temperature suggestions?

600 caped will produce some good clouds

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?

It's really all going to vary based on the glass your using and the kind of draw your taking as well as the herb your vaping. I think NV says to start at 650f and experiment from there. I personally like to run at 666f :evil: for normal use then 680 or 700f if I want to crush through bowls faster or want bigger clouds. This is all uncapped although I don't usually change my temps when I use my cap, I just take shorter drags.

As you can see though the poster above me runs at least around 66 degrees lower and I'm sure it works great for him! Experimenting with your flowerpot and dialing it in for you is all part of the fun! :science:

west-elec

Yeah showerhead has more mass and more surface area so you will need to run the vrod maybe 50 or more degrees hotter for same result without the cap. Like @710yota says that depends on your preferences so you'll have to experiment. If you are tvaxing first time with a cap drop it 40 or 50 and keep herb level small for 1 hit extraction.

RiskyRaccoon

is it safe to clean the titanium screens with a torch? Or could it damage the screen in a way that might be bad? It seems to be the only way I'm able to fully clean the screens once they get to a certain point

RiskyRaccoon,
Reactions: Atomic11

LAWTHEONE

Is the Vrod supposed to fit loosely in the 20 mm coil? Mine does no matter how much I tightened it. The only way I can get uncapped vapor is at 775-800 degrees Fahrenheit. At 600° I can’t get vapor capped.

Last edited:
LAWTHEONE,

Mangu

Start at 600, work your way down or up. Lower temps will extend your session and roast your load less. Higher temp Can get as hot as lighting your load on fire, or just scorching it till it tastes like ash, or just full extracting in one pull - there’s really endless flexibility here. I never go below 595 or above 659 on my Auber controller.

sit back relax and enjoy bud :rockon:

Thank you so much!
Be mindful not to “over-tighten”. It can get really tough to loosen that thing later on and I’ve seen some people damage the finish of their flowerpot trying to use wrenches and other tools to loosen the Head after making it too tight
:tup:

Are there any community vendors I can purchase a flowerpot from here or discount codes for the CannabisHardware website by chance, I really want to grab one asap so I can be done shopping for smoking equipment for the next couple of years and relax.

I think if the only reason to get the weedeater is for savings then I'll probably just get the vrod so I can still dab while I'm in flower mode. I'm already imagining the nightmare that trying to swap 2 hot coils to switch from the flowerpot to enail would be especially if I ever want to use gemstones without cracking them.

Does this all sound logical? I'll have to ask Jcat what he's been able to do with his flowerpot on his enail, I'm pretty happy with the rather limited temp control on my cloud evo and underdog for dry herb but if it's possible to enhance the experience with different temperature curves with the carb cap then I'm all for it. If the FP doesn't benefit much from the extra control then it would be easier to use separate pids.

Edit: everything says the FP uses a very fine grind, which is the opposite of the underdog that works better with very course or even unground herb. Will I need something like a finishing grinder to get the most out of my material?
I don’t know if there is a perfect answer for all of your questions, but I’ll try:

There’s a great community member that can possibly help you out. Check out @VGOODIEZ site because i know I’ve seen him offer the flowerpot bundles in the past. The only reason I recommend them is because they are always very helpful and responsive and always willing to answer almost any question you can throw at em. Also, April 20 is usually a great day to order straight from NewVape aka Cannabis Hardware aka The Dan Dadas of the Vaporizer aka the Florida Machining Machines aka the Monsters of Milky Vape Bongs Aka the Tsunami Titans aka Ed’s Shop - whatever you call em, they usually run an awesome promo of about 20% off your order on that day, if you can afford to wait.

The Main difference marketed between the Weedeater and VROD is that the VROD has a dish at the top for “twaxing”. Aside from that there’s not much variation recorded in performance. I’ve read that the weedeater has slightly less titanium mass so therefore might need to be bumped up an extra degree or two on the controller, but not really anything to write home about. Personally I went with the VROD, and wouldn’t mind going back and saving some money on the weedeater. Don’t get me wrong, VROD is my go-to vape and the only other device I purchased since then is a g43, and that was more for novelty, not because I needed or expected a more powerful vaporizer. But with that being said, I never use the VROD for dabs now - It’s messy to dab in the dish and usually feels inefficient because the best temp for a flower rip doesn’t exactly match the best setting for a dab; doesn’t matter whether there’s a cap on or not. Eventually I went out and got a whole different rig, banger, torch (maybe I’ll even invest in axial coil next) for dabbing as the idea is cool but the execution needs some work in the VROD. When I do decide to “twax” i prefer to drop some concentrate right on top of the bed of herb within the bowl. This can easily be done with weedeater as well as VROD.

For me, fine grind works best because I like to rip it hard and get as much juice out as possible. I’m not saving my a avb so I don’t care that it’s roasted almost to an ash. But some others prefer to get the flavor of the flower for as long as possible - if this is more like yourself then you can keep using a coarser grind and enjoy the VROD just as you did the underdog: you’ll just have a bigger load and much more heat at your disposal.

Hope this all helps you out with your decision.
:razz:

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

Start at 600, work your way down or up. Lower temps will extend your session and roast your load less. Higher temp Can get as hot as lighting your load on fire, or just scorching it till it tastes like ash, or just full extracting in one pull - there’s really endless flexibility here. I never go below 595 or above 659 on my Auber controller.

sit back relax and enjoy bud :rockon:

Be mindful not to “over-tighten”. It can get really tough to loosen that thing later on and I’ve seen some people damage the finish of their flowerpot trying to use wrenches and other tools to loosen the Head after making it too tight
:tup:

I don’t know if there is a perfect answer for all of your questions, but I’ll try:

There’s a great community member that can possibly help you out. Check out @VGOODIEZ site because i know I’ve seen him offer the flowerpot bundles in the past. The only reason I recommend them is because they are always very helpful and responsive and always willing to answer almost any question you can throw at em. Also, April 20 is usually a great day to order straight from NewVape aka Cannabis Hardware aka The Dan Dadas of the Vaporizer aka the Florida Machining Machines aka the Monsters of Milky Vape Bongs Aka the Tsunami Titans aka Ed’s Shop - whatever you call em, they usually run an awesome promo of about 20% off your order on that day, if you can afford to wait.

The Main difference marketed between the Weedeater and VROD is that the VROD has a dish at the top for “twaxing”. Aside from that there’s not much variation recorded in performance. I’ve read that the weedeater has slightly less titanium mass so therefore might need to be bumped up an extra degree or two on the controller, but not really anything to write home about. Personally I went with the VROD, and wouldn’t mind going back and saving some money on the weedeater. Don’t get me wrong, VROD is my go-to vape and the only other device I purchased since then is a g43, and that was more for novelty, not because I needed or expected a more powerful vaporizer. But with that being said, I never use the VROD for dabs now - It’s messy to dab in the dish and usually feels inefficient because the best temp for a flower rip doesn’t exactly match the best setting for a dab; doesn’t matter whether there’s a cap on or not. Eventually I went out and got a whole different rig, banger, torch (maybe I’ll even invest in axial coil next) for dabbing as the idea is cool but the execution needs some work in the VROD. When I do decide to “twax” i prefer to drop some concentrate right on top of the bed of herb within the bowl. This can easily be done with weedeater as well as VROD.

For me, fine grind works best because I like to rip it hard and get as much juice out as possible. I’m not saving my a avb so I don’t care that it’s roasted almost to an ash. But some others prefer to get the flavor of the flower for as long as possible - if this is more like yourself then you can keep using a coarser grind and enjoy the VROD just as you did the underdog: you’ll just have a bigger load and much more heat at your disposal.

Hope this all helps you out with your decision.
:razz:
Thanks so much for the advice!

LAWTHEONE,

Atomic11

Mine was stuck once, and even cool I couldn't remove it. I even tried taking a small pair of pliers to it and couldn't free it. I had gotten some concentrates in the threading or something somehow, I'm still not sure, but it was STUCK. I think what worked for me was a short soak in dish soap and water, and it came right off.
how did you get it off to soak it though?

Atomic11,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I run my Vrod with flower-only at 666F uncapped, and get clouds all day.
I like a less-restricted and faster draw than the cap allows for.
I only use the cap when I'm vaping concentrates.

Circa1999

It’s still there just not front and center

Do you know if they have the same thing but with the preimum bundle?

Circa1999,
Top Bottom