Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

cvs8floz

Can anyone with a vrod and showerhead compare the dry herb performance? I'm looking into getting the FC enail made so a flowerpot seems like a no brainer. I plan on having an enail setup but if the vrod has the same 18 hole diffuser as the shower head and works the same for dry herb is spend the extra money to try twaxing.

Also, how hard are carb caps and other miscellaneous parts right now? My whole medicating situation got nuked by the vape ban so I'm having to start from scratch and can't afford to keep medicating inefficiently and wasting product waiting on things to come back in stock or spend monthes in the mail.
The Showerhead was discontinued ages ago. I have the Showerhead and the Weedeater, wouldn't be able to tell the difference with dry herb in a blind test. The only reason I use the Weedeater over the other is that it fits better in my stand. I would grab whatever I can get at this point before the whole industry grinds to a halt in April.

delta hotel

Is there a method or way to take the lug nut securing the vrod dish off when its stuck?
Mine was stuck once, and even cool I couldn't remove it. I even tried taking a small pair of pliers to it and couldn't free it. I had gotten some concentrates in the threading or something somehow, I'm still not sure, but it was STUCK. I think what worked for me was a short soak in dish soap and water, and it came right off.

delta hotel,

goatgobaahh

I'm also wondering is it better to just buy another auber RDK PID or should I just buy one unit that's a dual if the goal is eventually to run a weedeater and a vrod?

EDIT: I don't mean to pile on but Cannabis hardware at least abbreviate lol. In all seriousness the move is forward-thinking in that legalization federally will likely happen with the next 10 years and rebranding/remarking multiple times is quite expensive. (although I'm happy to take any Newvape gear off your hands ;) ).
EDIT:2 went on instagram and am currently watching the video.

Last edited:
goatgobaahh,

Weedaholic

Is there a method or way to take the lug nut securing the vrod dish off when its stuck?
Turn on the vrod and leave it heat up and then get something too turn the nut like pair of pliers..
It's just a build up of resin. I only had the same problem two weeks ago from not cleaning it.

Weedaholic,
Reactions: Mangu

snackmaster

Did you need a 14m or 18m post for the Stugdenglass? Also is there a video of the IG Live yesterday? I popped in and out but I would love a more instructional style video if possible. FC always makes me smarter Thanks, everyone! :science:
It's 14mm. The vid is on instagram if you check their posts, and it was pretty interesting - they're looking to carry the stundenglass and probably offer improvements for it. Rationale is that it basically takes draw speed out of the equation which is good for users who have some difficulty with regulating breath, lung capacity, etc. Makes sense if you want the flowerpot to be a "volcano killer".

goatgobaahh

It's 14mm. The vid is on instagram if you check their posts, and it was pretty interesting - they're looking to carry the stundenglass and probably offer improvements for it. Rationale is that it basically takes draw speed out of the equation which is good for users who have some difficulty with regulating breath, lung capacity, etc. Makes sense if you want the flowerpot to be a "volcano killer".
I wonder what improvements they'd make, this will affect whether I purchase one now or later. Going to finish watching the video.

EDIT: Debating parting with some of my glass and just using this nice grav bong. I like how it adds the whip functionality to the flowerpot even though I might not use it all the time.

goatgobaahh,

snackmaster

@goatgobaahh I think it'll end up being tweaks to optimize flowerpot performance with it. Yesterday there was a lot of talk about how to slow down draw speed because they had to flip the thing multiple times to get good extraction.

Enialis

The Showerhead was discontinued ages ago. I have the Showerhead and the Weedeater, wouldn't be able to tell the difference with dry herb in a blind test. The only reason I use the Weedeater over the other is that it fits better in my stand. I would grab whatever I can get at this point before the whole industry grinds to a halt in April.
I meant shovelhead. I thought it was its own head now I'm realizing its just the bowl piece.

Can someone enlighten me whats in the video? I'm brand new to these products and don't have social media. If they are about to release a new product or something I don't want to buy the old version now, but not knowing how much longer stuff like this will be available is what led me to looking into one of these now with a few spare coils. I think I'm buying the FC enail as well so it seems silly not to get one of these to replace my cloud evo. Can anyone enlighten me?

Enialis,

vaping herbs

Ich würde mir alles schnappen, was ich zu diesem Zeitpunkt bekommen kann, bevor die gesamte Branche im April zum Stillstand kommt.
I thought the vape ban only applied to portable electronic vaporizers.
I had written a few days ago NewVape about this also an email and they said that it is not intended any change in operation.
I wanted to get me namely also a FlowerPot for 420 sale.

vaping herbs,

snackmaster

@Enialis the video is just the newvape cannabis hardware team messing with a fancy gravity bong: stundenglass. I don't see it having any meaningful impact on the flowerpot line - they'll just start carrying it and might offer some accessories. I think the flowerpot is a no-brainer if you're getting a fancy enail.

snackmaster,

Enialis

@Enialis the video is just the newvape cannabis hardware team messing with a fancy gravity bong: stundenglass. I don't see it having any meaningful impact on the flowerpot line - they'll just start carrying it and might offer some accessories. I think the flowerpot is a no-brainer if you're getting a fancy enail.
Thanks so much for the reply!

I think I might actually want one of those in my effort to make everything as high end and medical as possible while I'm living with family since most of my water pipes are a little to recreational looking for them. Thats the kind of thing I could leave out in the open and not piss anyone off. Is the downstem looking thing the joint? I havent figured out if this accepts glass joints or if its meant to used with whip tubing yet.
And these shouldn't be affected by any of the bans right? Still a bit pissed at how many of my devices got taken out by the vape ban right before I had a chance to stock up on spare parts. Thats why I'm looking into one of these to go with an enail and the FC pid controller. I don't really now long these big heating elements are good for if left on most of the day but the idea is the invest in a lifelong setup and right now I've got it down to the heating elements and the banger if it gets broken as the only possible things that would need replaced.

I'm guessing hoping the heating elements are a little to industrial to be affected by the ban otherwise I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things.

Edit: how long are enail coils good for anyway? I could probably get up to 3 of each kind by the end of the year if things will be scarce how long would that last me?

Last edited:

west-elec

Thanks so much for the reply!

I think I might actually want one of those in my effort to make everything as high end and medical as possible while I'm living with family since most of my water pipes are a little to recreational looking for them. Thats the kind of thing I could leave out in the open and not piss anyone off. Is the downstem looking thing the joint? I havent figured out if this accepts glass joints or if its meant to used with whip tubing yet.
And these shouldn't be affected by any of the bans right? Still a bit pissed at how many of my devices got taken out by the vape ban right before I had a chance to stock up on spare parts. Thats why I'm looking into one of these to go with an enail and the FC pid controller. I don't really now long these big heating elements are good for if left on most of the day but the idea is the invest in a lifelong setup and right now I've got it down to the heating elements and the banger if it gets broken as the only possible things that would need replaced.

I'm guessing hoping the heating elements are a little to industrial to be affected by the ban otherwise I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things.

Edit: how long are enail coils good for anyway? I could probably get up to 3 of each kind by the end of the year if things will be scarce how long would that last me?
That gravity bong looked awkward and leaky when Jerry was using it.
'Cannabis hardware' are banking on avoiding the ban by staying away from any reference to the dreaded 'V' word, so shouldn't be any problem. New laws enacted can look worse on paper than what happens in enforcement, so hopefully business as usual at least for flowerpot stuff.
A good coil should last a very long time, decades rather than years. They can be left on continuously with no ill effects, I think better for life of the coil to leave on all day than lots of heat up cool down cycles.
No need to go overboard with redundancy backups you will be able to get coils and pids.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
'Cannabis hardware' are banking on avoiding the ban by staying away from any reference to the dreaded 'V' word, so shouldn't be any problem. New laws enacted can look worse on paper than what happens in enforcement, so hopefully business as usual at least for flowerpot stuff.
A good coil should last a very long time, decades rather than years. They can be left on continuously with no ill effects, I think better for life of the coil to leave on all day than lots of heat up cool down cycles.
No need to go overboard with redundancy backups you will be able to get coils and pids.

FWIW: According to the Auber PID tech I spoke with a year ago, while a heater coil will last a long time, they will last LONGER, if NOT left on continuously. Made sense to me.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: west-elec

RustyOldNail

Does this also work effectively as a carb cap for the WE, or is this only recommended for the Showerhead?

Thanks!

Many of these FLAT disk types of caps, have the CUT OUT “groves”, on the bottom. So if the disk is too small, and does NOT overlap the edge of whatever you are capping, then NO air will enter. I learned this after buying a cheap one for my 30mm DCup Rig. While the circumference matched, the airflow grooves were covered, so useless for my DCup. So understand how they are supposed to work, and then make sure it’s LARGE enough for the purpose. And by large, I mean OVERLAP area.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Severmore

Vapefanatic

I'm also wondering is it better to just buy another auber RDK PID or should I just buy one unit that's a dual if the goal is eventually to run a weedeater and a vrod?

EDIT: I don't mean to pile on but Cannabis hardware at least abbreviate lol. In all seriousness the move is forward-thinking in that legalization federally will likely happen with the next 10 years and rebranding/remarking multiple times is quite expensive. (although I'm happy to take any Newvape gear off your hands ;) ).
EDIT:2 went on instagram and am currently watching the video.
I use a dual PID for my Vrod and Weedeater. Its a China PID but works very well. I'd prefer that.

west-elec

FWIW: According to the Auber PID tech I spoke with a year ago, while a heater coil will last a long time, they will last LONGER, if NOT left on continuously. Made sense to me.
Oh, ok fair enough. I figured if you are going back to it every few hours throughout the day all those cycles would be worse than turning on in the morning and off when you go to bed, or on a timer.
I would never leave on overnight anyway, bit dangerous but big waste of power.

west-elec,

Enialis

Thanks for the response! I'm a medical user and this is my only social circle of cannabis users and nobody i know from the dispensary even knows enails or vaporizers or and neither do the smoke shops, and I don't have social media lol, so this is really my only place for information.

I got worried because HVT is shutting down because of all of this temporarily since Vic's wife was adamant he not tempt fate with a $10,000 fine and my whole wax setup was powered by his products and I wasn't able to stock up on coils at the beginning of the month. Thats what's prompted my switch to devices without so many parts that need serviced or replaced, plus the family would prefer to get me something and be done with it and not have parts like coils that need replacing on a regular basis, especially when I'm using it as a daily driver.

RustyOldNail

Oh, ok fair enough. I figured if you are going back to it every few hours throughout the day all those cycles would be worse than turning on in the morning and off when you go to bed, or on a timer.
I would never leave on overnight anyway, bit dangerous but big waste of power.

Since my DCup is heat saturated in 10 minutes, I just turn it off between long breaks. If I were hitting it every 30 minutes, I’d leave it on. I set a 6 hour timer for “power off”, for times when it’s staying on for sessions 30 minutes between, and being used, but nice to know it’s eventually going off if I forget.

I’m glad you are fire and safety aware, and turn it OFF at night, that’s SMART!

west-elec

Thanks for the response! I'm a medical user and this is my only social circle of cannabis users and nobody i know from the dispensary even knows enails or vaporizers or and neither do the smoke shops, and I don't have social media lol, so this is really my only place for information.
Yeah I also avoid other social media but FC is very different. So many just wanting to help, compared to reddit or Facebook with so many waiting to pounce.
Since my DCup is heat saturated in 10 minutes, I just turn it off between long breaks. If I were hitting it every 30 minutes, I’d leave it on. I set a 6 hour timer for “power off”, for times when it’s staying on for sessions 30 minutes between, and being used, but nice to know it’s eventually going off if I forget.

I’m glad you are fire and safety aware, and turn it OFF at night, that’s SMART!
My elev8r enail controller has 90 minutes
max auto shut off and it gives me the shits. Having the FP sitting and waiting for an immediate hit is a big part of its appeal. The hits between the 2 are basically identical (elev8r set much higher), but the cut out means elev8r has a different place in the line up.

Enialis

Are there any community vendors I can support and maybe get an FC discount on either the vrod or weedeater and maybe the right coils if I can't get them from 710Coils?

With a 710coil setup with gemstone and sic inserts and a flowerpot running off the FC enail controller i think I'll have finally found my forever setup and be VAS free for the next decade. I almost went with a tbucket but I read it wasn't great for small dabs and 30mm bangers are too big for my use so I figured I'd be better off with a 25mm with sapphire insert.

One can dream.

And the vrod and weedeater are the same performance for flower? Or does the weedeater edge it out? I figure if I'm s I spending big bucks and its the same thing but with a dish I might as well get the vrod since the fc enail should be able to do some interesting things with the temp curves for twaxing

Last edited:
Enialis,
Top Bottom