Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

slipknotvss

My new Auber 300B controller came in with my newvape coil. I ordered from the VGoodiez store, which saved me shipping cost. They sell the newvape coil with an handle already pre-installed it is badass. The new gear definitely vapes better than my high5 enail. I am still in the learning phase of my controller. Anyways, it seems like you can transfer the WE to a Vrod accroidng to @zancru video. However, I am still little hesitant buying the three parts.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
I love Scott and vgoodez but I really don’t understand that reply.
Auber controllers work fine right out of the box.
I’m sure they will get you squared away.
They used to. But after this firmware "upgrade" NewVape and I are dealing with a lot of issues and controller swaps. I just let the auber team know I'm none to happy about this.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Dont be hesitant. Its all about experimenting. If you ever have any questions about something fitting another part, just holler!

My new Auber 300B controller came in with my newvape coil. I ordered from the VGoodiez store, which saved me shipping cost. They sell the newvape coil with an handle already pre-installed it is badass. The new gear definitely vapes better than my high5 enail. I am still in the learning phase of my controller. Anyways, it seems like you can transfer the WE to a Vrod accroidng to @zancru video. However, I am still little hesitant buying the three parts.

Chris_CH,
Reactions: EmDeemo

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
They used to. But after this firmware "upgrade" NewVape and I are dealing with a lot of issues and controller swaps. I just let the auber team know I'm none to happy about this.
This has me a bit worried - I just sent my controller in for a reflash. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

bizwaxzion,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
This has me a bit worried - I just sent my controller in for a reflash. Hope that wasn't a mistake.
Well I'm told it has been corrected now which is why I will be sending a bunch in. Auber is claiming the users are resetting these and causing all the problems but I don't buy it with nearly 20 documented cases with the same issue.

Baron23

Wow, so I had a long career in tech (telecom which morphed into a mostly software product with attendant development) and we fought like hell against issuing patches because although they get "tested" they do not go through the full regression testing that a major, or even incremental minor maintenance, load would get. We would only do it for true critical issues that absolutely needed to be resolved immediately (like a service outage).

Invariably they raised new issues.

I saw where @EmDeemo said "blame me" as he put the bug in their ear about boost mode function. But he didn't do the development and if they are having stability problems with this modified firmware, that is entirely on Auber and nobody else, IMO.

What is baffling to me is why a firmware bug from new modified load is only negatively impacting some controllers and not all. Don't understand that one.

Thanks for the reply.

Baron23,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Well I'm told it has been corrected now which is why I will be sending a bunch in. Auber is claiming the users are resetting these and causing all the problems but I don't buy it with nearly 20 documented cases with the same issue.
Interesting - how does one "reset" the Auber controller? I see nothing in either the standard or supplimental manuals about resetting the controller.

bizwaxzion,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Wow, so I had a long career in tech (telecom which morphed into a mostly software product with attendant development) and we fought like hell against issuing patches because although they get "tested" they do not go through the full regression testing that a major, or even incremental minor maintenance, load would get. We would only do it for true critical issues that absolutely needed to be resolved immediately (like a service outage).

Invariably they raised new issues.

I saw where @EmDeemo said "blame me" as he put the bug in their ear about boost mode function. But he didn't do the development and if they are having stability problems with this modified firmware, that is entirely on Auber and nobody else, IMO.

What is baffling to me is why a firmware bug from new modified load is only negatively impacting some controllers and not all. Don't understand that one.

Thanks for the reply.
It's only the new 300B and depending on what you are driving and your experience with controllers, you may not know there is an issue. They still work. Just not the way they are supposed to work.

Interesting - how does one "reset" the Auber controller? I see nothing in either the standard or supplimental manuals about resetting the controller.
Its in the submenu somewhere but that was exactly my point about them claiming this is the user resetting it. It's more likely it was never programmed in the first place or the firmware wasn't fully tested before rolling out.

VGoodiez,

Baron23

depending on what you are driving and your experience with controllers, you may not know there is an issue. They still work. Just not the way they are supposed to work.
In what way, do they not work as supposed to.

In the post that started my interest in this subject, the member said that in his case the Auber showed a very high temp while the coil was cool to the touch. If this is related to teh RDK-300B, then this is pretty hard to overlook.

But, perhaps this ^^ is not due to the issues with this patched unit.

If not, what are the symptoms, please?

Baron23,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
In what way, do they not work as supposed to.

In the post that started my interest in this subject, the member said that in his case the Auber showed a very high temp while the coil was cool to the touch. If this is related to teh RDK-300B, then this is pretty hard to overlook.

But, perhaps this ^^ is not due to the issues with this patched unit.

If not, what are the symptoms, please?
Yes high reading and cool coil or simply inaccurate reading. For example I run my SV6 on my DC controller around 470. To achieve similar results in the auber I need to get near 700. It's just not reading the coil correctly. But even before this last issue there was another setting that could have caused inaccurate readings.

It's just typical technology. The fancier we get the more complex and the more problems. That said it would be nice for them to test these extensively before releasing and "upgrades". It's pretty clear they didn't. But I'm told anything shipping now should arrive 100. That is good because I'm expecting a new batch tomorrow.

JCruiser

What's your technique for finishing the whole bowl in 1 hit?

let's go heavy hitters! I wanna hear your thoughts! :D

i preheat my carb cap and run my Vrod at 670. Im usually able to clear the glass bowl full packed in one big hit if im trying

Whats up with the diffuser plugs? Has anyone used these?
I like the tighter draw with the carb cap and these seem like a better solution but as of this morning they seem to be gone from their site.

VaporScript

I may have been one of the first to get the upgrade (as opposed to a new RDK-300B) and I have been using my RDK-300B daily since it was returned on 6/10 without any issue. However, I have not played around much with the boost mode yet. However, @EmDeemo may have more experience with the new controller and its boost mode than any of us and, he has yet to report any of these issues.

I trust Auber will get it worked out, and from perspective you should not worry too much about it. Mine seems to work great.

Edit: Btw, if anyone knows how I can replicate the issue others are having, please let me know as I would like to return my unit to Auber if it is not right. Thanks!

Last edited:
VaporScript,

VaporScript

From Auber:

Thanks for your email. The original firmware on the RDK-300B does have one issue: it is relatively easy for the user to accidentally get into the calibration mode and change the calibration values. One of the reasons is that we added a reset parameter RST (in 155 menu) which can reset all parameter values to factory default. Once the controller is in the calibration mode, the operator either has to supply the calibration signal or has to unplug the power cord to exit the calibration mode. It is not easy for a user to notice that the controller is in the calibration mode.

Two things need to happen together in this particular sequence to get into the calibration mode:
1) The controller is just being reset by the RST parameter in menu 155.
2) Then the controller will re-start. In the first about 1 second, the controller will show "888". If the user presses the knob down during this time, the controller will enter the calibration mode.
( But if you RST reset the controller, but you didn't press the knob during "888" and entered any menu system during the next operation, then the next you won't get into the calibration mode even if you press the knob during "888". )

During normal use, there is no need to reset the controller. But it is a quick way to change all parameters back to factory settings.

To avoid getting into this issue, just make sure you don't press the knob after resetting the controller and while the controller is still showing "888".

We now have new version firmware to fix this issue. These controllers will be marked as RDK-300B V2. It won't be that easy to get into the calibration mode, and even if it happens, there is a parameter to allow the user to exit calibration mode. All other functions are the same as the original version. If you are concerned about this issue, we will offer a free upgrade on the firmware. Please let us know what you prefer. We will also post a note regarding this issue on our website soon.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
From Auber:

Thanks for your email. The original firmware on the RDK-300B does have one issue: it is relatively easy for the user to accidentally get into the calibration mode and change the calibration values. One of the reasons is that we added a reset parameter RST (in 155 menu) which can reset all parameter values to factory default. Once the controller is in the calibration mode, the operator either has to supply the calibration signal or has to unplug the power cord to exit the calibration mode. It is not easy for a user to notice that the controller is in the calibration mode.

Two things need to happen together in this particular sequence to get into the calibration mode:
1) The controller is just being reset by the RST parameter in menu 155.
2) Then the controller will re-start. In the first about 1 second, the controller will show "888". If the user presses the knob down during this time, the controller will enter the calibration mode.
( But if you RST reset the controller, but you didn't press the knob during "888" and entered any menu system during the next operation, then the next you won't get into the calibration mode even if you press the knob during "888". )

During normal use, there is no need to reset the controller. But it is a quick way to change all parameters back to factory settings.

To avoid getting into this issue, just make sure you don't press the knob after resetting the controller and while the controller is still showing "888".

We now have new version firmware to fix this issue. These controllers will be marked as RDK-300B V2. It won't be that easy to get into the calibration mode, and even if it happens, there is a parameter to allow the user to exit calibration mode. All other functions are the same as the original version. If you are concerned about this issue, we will offer a free upgrade on the firmware. Please let us know what you prefer. We will also post a note regarding this issue on our website soon.

So its all fine except if one presses the button down during start up of the controller?

I can live with that. I dont think I'll send mine in for a reflash to a 300B V2, but I can see exactly why this would fuck things up for people and how it would be easy to do by accident!

Zoltani

So its all fine except if one presses the button down during start up of the controller?

I can live with that. I dont think I'll send mine in for a reflash to a 300B V2, but I can see exactly why this would fuck things up for people and how it would be easy to do by accident!

Idk, I was literally using the weedeater, decided to take it to another room, pressed the power button to stop heating, unplugged, moved the unit to another room, plugged in and turned on to see this issue. I do not see how I would have gotten into calibration mode, I never pressed down on the knob, but who knows.

Zoltani,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Idk, I was literally using the weedeater, decided to take it to another room, pressed the power button to stop heating, unplugged, moved the unit to another room, plugged in and turned on to see this issue. I do not see how I would have gotten into calibration mode, I never pressed down on the knob, but who knows.

Yikes!

I shall keep an eye on things! :)

EmDeemo,

painisabitch

hi everyone,
one year now i quit combustion and 6 month without nico, i was only smoking bongs so the newvape flowerpot was a logical choice, and even if i was unlucky and buy the only flowerpot with an electrical pb newvape change what who doesn't work so everything's fine ;)
i wait next month to finish my set up and make some photos, if vapefiend finish one day to renew his stock^^
newvape rocks like hell, and even better when custom, love it !
great day guys
@Zucchini get out of my home! (i have exactly the same vaporizer, 3 screens and my desk have the same color :D)

abcd5432

It's not just how it hits its how versatile it is. I was low temp hitting and milking and ripping. Now I'm high temp but fast draw to get lots of fresh air. Hadn't even been doing that before so used to "milking" bongs like a combustion.

I need to get a more comfortable setup... Now.... Store time.......

Edit: this is something I tell people all the time and still somehow screwed up. Don't focus on the visual effect of blowing out huge thick clouds. The act of vaporizing allows you to decide how you want to get high. Either huge thick flavorful clouds that wreck your lungs, diluted flavor huge rips, big rigs, small rigs, low temp step a bowl, Jesus if you can think it, you probably can do it with this. The number of attachments, ways it can be setup, I think there's even a portable version, I mean... Lord.... This thing is versatile, and I didn't even touch on concentrates.

If you are a bong user this is a great place to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom