Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Fahrenheit450

Hi all. I’m considering pulling the trigger on a Flowerpot. I’m 99% flower so I’m leaning towards the Weedeater. I’m attempting building my package online and I believe I have it all figured out of what I would need. 2 questions:

1. Safety stand seems necessary but are there any work arounds you guys have found. I’d prefer to save 40-55 if possible. I believe someone said a ceramic mug would work, thoughts?

2. The available 10% coupons I’ve found seem to be reduced to 5%. Anyone out there have a good coupon? Discouraging to hear they may not do a 420 sale and the coupons have been reduced.

1. I recommend getting one of the safety stands. The flowerpot slides down with a nice Clink and there is very little wiggle room once seated. It is very easy to burn yourself on the TI head (even with the safety stand), and I could visualize myself accidentally knocking the mug over and burning something. This is preference, but I liked the round safety stand with the extra holes and ports. It has grippy rubber feet that the smaller "puck" style stand doesn't, but even the little puck is a good choice

2. I think I used code VAPECRITIC for 10% off when I ordered my weedeater last week.

-----------------
I now own the showerhead, VROD, and weedeater, and I've got both the NV and Auber controllers, and the parts needed to have a Flowerpot station in my living room and at my desk.

The performance between the 3 different flowerpot heads is negligible for flowers, less than 5% IMO. I think the showerhead is my current favorite because it's so big and hot (and sexy once it starts anodizing blue), but the weedeater can definitely toast the hell out of a bowl just as easily (with the caveat of slightly higher temps since he is a skinny boi). I've only had it for one day, so I'm going to keep playing with it to learn the nuances.

In a past post I said that the VROD needs the carb cap, but that's definitely down to preference. Carb caps aren't really needed for any of them (unless you're dabbing), but I notice that I get slightly more dense vapor if I throw the cap on after hit 2-3 and a stir. I'm also super anal about stirring to try to get the Optimal Hit each time, so that's me.

I hate to say "the best", but these FlowerPots are currently my favorite go-to desk vapes for pure POWERFUL knock your head off hits. These PID controller vapes are in a totally different ballpark than the traditional plug-in champions for damn sure. Any stoner scientist needs to explore this technology.:science:

Last edited:

Baron23

In a past post I said that the VROD needs the carb cap, but that's definitely down to preference. Carb caps aren't really needed for any of them (unless you're dabbing), but I notice that I get slightly more dense vapor if I throw the cap on after hit 2-3 and a stir.

I'm with you, brother...carb cap all the way because the physics of boiling point depression with lower temp is still in force in this universe! haha

Sounds like you are all FP rigged up!

I just run the SH for flower as I had other enail bangers before for 'trates. LOVE the SH.

Jblizz

1. I recommend getting one of the safety stands. The flowerpot slides down with a nice Clink and there is very little wiggle room once seated. It is very easy to burn yourself on the TI head (even with the safety stand), and I could visualize myself accidentally knocking the mug over and burning something. This is preference, but I liked the round safety stand with the extra holes and ports. It has grippy rubber feet that the smaller "puck" style stand doesn't, but even the little puck is a good choice

2. I think I used code VAPECRITIC for 10% off when I ordered my weedeater last week.

-----------------
I now own the showerhead, VROD, and weedeater, and I've got both the NV and Auber controllers, and the parts needed to have a Flowerpot station in my living room and at my desk.

The performance between the 3 different flowerpot heads is negligible for flowers, less than 5% IMO. I think the showerhead is my current favorite because it's so big and hot (and sexy once it starts anodizing blue), but the weedeater can definitely toast the hell out of a bowl just as easily (with the caveat of slightly higher temps since he is a skinny boi). I've only had it for one day, so I'm going to keep playing with it to learn the nuances.

In a past post I said that the VROD needs the carb cap, but that's definitely down to preference. Carb caps aren't really needed for any of them (unless you're dabbing), but I notice that I get slightly more dense vapor if I throw the cap on after hit 2-3 and a stir. I'm also super anal about stirring to try to get the Optimal Hit each time, so that's me.

I hate to say "the best", but these FlowerPots are currently my favorite go-to desk vapes for pure POWERFUL knock your head off hits. These PID controller vapes are in a totally different ballpark than the traditional plug-in champions for damn sure. Any stoner scientist needs to explore this technology.:science:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Just tried that code now and it too has been reduced to 5%. Sigh.

I admittedly know very little about the history of the flowerpot (revisions, updates, etc). I might as well add, I know very little about dabbing in general; ie. enails, bangers, etc. I’m 99% flower for now. Would there be any downside to an older used unit? Besides wear and tear/depreciation... are there any controllers/coils, etc that should be avoided when looking for used? Or would an older model still be a wise purchase? Reason I ask this is because I once heard Troy say that Newvape is constantly tinkering and updating/modifying designs. Which is a good thing but can be bad on the wallet trying to keep up with the latest.

Jblizz,

thekayo

Hi all. I’m considering pulling the trigger on a Flowerpot. I’m 99% flower so I’m leaning towards the Weedeater. I’m attempting building my package online and I believe I have it all figured out of what I would need. 2 questions:

1. Safety stand seems necessary but are there any work arounds you guys have found. I’d prefer to save 40-55 if possible. I believe someone said a ceramic mug would work, thoughts?

2. The available 10% coupons I’ve found seem to be reduced to 5%. Anyone out there have a good coupon? Discouraging to hear they may not do a 420 sale and the coupons have been reduced.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Just tried that code now and it too has been reduced to 5%. Sigh.

I admittedly know very little about the history of the flowerpot (revisions, updates, etc). I might as well add, I know very little about dabbing in general; ie. enails, bangers, etc. I’m 99% flower for now. Would there be any downside to an older used unit? Besides wear and tear/depreciation... are there any controllers/coils, etc that should be avoided when looking for used? Or would an older model still be a wise purchase? Reason I ask this is because I once heard Troy say that Newvape is constantly tinkering and updating/modifying designs. Which is a good thing but can be bad on the wallet trying to keep up with the latest.

If you are looking at the flowerpot then I would say most of the units are pretty much the same. I think they have made some slight changes but as long as you get one that was made in the past year and a half you will be good. The auber controller is the better one that people seem to be using but the other one works fine as well and there are not alot of common issues. One big thing is the warranty would be void on the used unit. They are always trying to make things perfect and take feedback. Some of the early VRODS had some issues so i would stick with the flat wrench option for that guy if you find it used. I prefer the flowerpot for the hightemp fast airflow draws. Also dabbing off the TI dish is not nearly as bad as everyone says it is if you are taking smaller dabs. Bigger dabs however start to get a awful taste after the first couple of draws.

TheFatBastard

Well....some thoughts about the FP Showerhead and asking for some advice:

It has been 9 months since I got the FP. Before buying it, I had the Arizer V-Tower (same thing than the Extreme Q but without fan for bags), and added the Dave Q Mod which improved the performance.

I bought the FP Showerhead after reading a lot here, and with the help and advice of some really nice forumites.

The FP is for sure an outstanding device, but I expected a big improvement over the V-Tower, and I wasn't that impressed at first.

I know the FP can deliver a more "powerful" experience and better extraction....but lately I've found myself usng more the V-Tower than the Flowerpot, because I don't find the FP to deliver that extra "punch" to my sessions, and is easier to deal with the V-Tower (no hot parts, and just need to draw from the whip and stir from time to time, no need of extra glass also).

I normally use the FP at 600c, and the V-Tower from 175c going up to 200c in a session.

I don't know, I think I should preffer the FP over the V-Tower, should deliver a better and faster high, etc....maybe I should rise the temperature to 666 again (found it too much harsh sometimes) and just put enough herb to cover the bowl and do a couple of draws....

Resuming, I think I'm misusing the FP somehow.

Sure the V-Tower is a nice device for long sessions with my wife, but I'm using it over the FP and that makes me think I'm not getting all the potential that the FP can deliver.

Any advices?

Cheers!

TheFatBastard,

Vaporware

@Jblizz as long as the coil fits you can use any controller. I don’t know which are really bad, but unless you want specific features like auto-power-off or programmable temperature ramps or something like there’s not much reason to look beyond the basic models.

@TheFatBastard I’m pretty sure you’re using 600f since you’re not combusting. At those temps you won’t find that extra-hard-hit you’re looking for.

666 should help, but if you use a thin layer and go as high as 777 (or somewhere in the 700s) with a ramping medium-fast draw (you can start a little slower, but I speed it up when the vapor comes) you should see vapor start, explode, then trail off. If you pull the heater off at that point you should get a pretty heavy hit with plenty of room for fresh air in your lungs. This is much less harsh for me than a fuller bowl in the high 600s or something like that. I always try to dial things in so i don’t cough, and that doesn’t make me cough.

You can stir and get one maybe two more draws from the same load, but if it’s not fully extracted by that point you might want to save it for use elsewhere or at a lower temp so you don’t accidentally combust. ;)

I hope that helps you get the most out of it!

Edit: @Baron23 is right about lower temps; I go very slowly at anything up to probably the low-mid 600s at least.

Edit 2: I should probably also add that a fine grind helps with fast extraction, so if you try high temps that’s not the best time to use hand-torn or course-ground stuff in my opinion.

Last edited:

thekayo

@TheFatBastard
I too switched from the tower to the flowerpot and was not blown away at first. The thing that blowed me away though was fast one hit full extractions with huge rips. The v tower was slow and took a while to finish off the bowl. Take three hits outta the flowerpot at 777 with about 0.2gs in each with a fast draw speed until your bud is a nice even dark dark brown. Using just 0.1g more than the v tower I find those three hits off the flowerpot will do alot more for me. For me the flowerpot has that ease of use, speed, and ability to extract every last bit of thc in potentially one hit.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

It has been 9 months since I got the FP. Before buying it, I had the Arizer V-Tower (same thing than the Extreme Q but without fan for bags), and added the Dave Q Mod which improved the performance.

I bought the FP Showerhead after reading a lot here, and with the help and advice of some really nice forumites.

The FP is for sure an outstanding device, but I expected a big improvement over the V-Tower, and I wasn't that impressed at first.

I know the FP can deliver a more "powerful" experience and better extraction....but lately I've found myself usng more the V-Tower than the Flowerpot, because I don't find the FP to deliver that extra "punch" to my sessions, and is easier to deal with the V-Tower (no hot parts, and just need to draw from the whip and stir from time to time, no need of extra glass also).

I normally use the FP at 600c, and the V-Tower from 175c going up to 200c in a session.

I don't know, I think I should preffer the FP over the V-Tower, should deliver a better and faster high, etc....maybe I should rise the temperature to 666 again (found it too much harsh sometimes) and just put enough herb to cover the bowl and do a couple of draws....

Sure the V-Tower is a nice device for long sessions with my wife, but I'm using it over the FP and that makes me think I'm not getting all the potential that the FP can deliver.

Any advices?

Cheers!

The Flowerpot is for people looking for a bong hit, if the glass piece is a hassle for you that pretty much says it all. Nothing wrong with preferring a sipper over a ripper, but the FP is more for people looking to crush a whole load in one hit.

Vaporware

The Flowerpot is for people looking for a bong hit, if the glass piece is a hassle for you that pretty much says it all. Nothing wrong with preferring a sipper over a ripper, but the FP is more for people looking to crush a whole load in one hit.

That seems to be its main strength compared to others, but just so no one gets the wrong impression, it also works well for sippers who like the FlowerPot’s style/ritual. Some will of course prefer the whips and chains and whatever else though. :lol:

Fahrenheit450

Any advices?

Cheers!

That's very interesting - my Arizer Extreme Q got used much less once I started buying Storz and Bickel vapes, and now those are getting used less because we really like to just get blasted on the Flowerpot in a few hits in the evening! If it's not technique, I'm curious if it's down to your tolerance or lung absorbiness! :shrug:

NewVape's vids are pretty spot on...look at the VROD hit at 1:33

If it was my session, I would have:
-Applied the carb cap halfway thru the hit
-"Feather" the carb cap handle up and down while continuing to inhale until my lungs are ~90% full, and
-Clear the piece with the rest of my lung capacity
-Hold each hit in for 5 - 8 seconds, until they start tasting bad towards the end
-Stir between every hit or two
-And, my bowl is basically done after I do this 4 or so times.

I think my method gives me a denser exhale vs what you saw in the video, BUT he was just doing a quick demonstration there. My temps range between 585 F up to 700 F, but I tend to stay in the lower 600's for the Showerhead.

Good luck, let us know your results! FOR SCIENCE! :science::peace:

Last edited:

thekayo

For those of you that have the VROD and Showerhead, which one do you prefer for flower?

I would recommend searching the thread for this as it is a very common topic here. But from my readings its pretty much been summed up into this. The flowerpot is only better at one thing and that is the high temp fast draw hits with no carb cap. 747-777f. Other than that you can adjust your technique a little with the vrod to get very similar results. Some will say that the flowerpot creates more of an even vape at any temp or draw speed. A few people have found the vrod can get a dark ring of avb if your technique is a specific way. But some small adjustments will fix that. If you are a flower user then I recommend the shower head.

TheFatBastard

Uh, 600 F maybe? ;-)

That's a bit cool for me. I run at 660 -700 (mostly the later) and the SH is sensitive to draw speed. The slower the draw, the better the extraction it seems to me.

Yeah, 600F, sorry! :science::lol:

@TheFatBastard
I too switched from the tower to the flowerpot and was not blown away at first. The thing that blowed me away though was fast one hit full extractions with huge rips. The v tower was slow and took a while to finish off the bowl. Take three hits outta the flowerpot at 777 with about 0.2gs in each with a fast draw speed until your bud is a nice even dark dark brown. Using just 0.1g more than the v tower I find those three hits off the flowerpot will do alot more for me. For me the flowerpot has that ease of use, speed, and ability to extract every last bit of thc in potentially one hit.

Yeah, I remember your advices. Guess is a different way of vaping, long relaxed session with the V-Tower and more concentrated with the FP. I'll follow your instructions, but guess 777 is too much for me, I'm afraid of combusting. Maybe 666 with a medium speed draw sounds better to my ears....but I'll try that 777 with the fast draw too.

@Jblizz

@TheFatBastard I’m pretty sure you’re using 600f since you’re not combusting. At those temps you won’t find that extra-hard-hit you’re looking for.

666 should help, but if you use a thin layer and go as high as 777 (or somewhere in the 700s) with a ramping medium-fast draw (you can start a little slower, but I speed it up when the vapor comes) you should see vapor start, explode, then trail off. If you pull the heater off at that point you should get a pretty heavy hit with plenty of room for fresh air in your lungs. This is much less harsh for me than a fuller bowl in the high 600s or something like that. I always try to dial things in so i don’t cough, and that doesn’t make me cough.

You can stir and get one maybe two more draws from the same load, but if it’s not fully extracted by that point you might want to save it for use elsewhere or at a lower temp so you don’t accidentally combust. ;)

I hope that helps you get the most out of it!

Edit 2: I should probably also add that a fine grind helps with fast extraction, so if you try high temps that’s not the best time to use hand-torn or course-ground stuff in my opinion.

Great info! I'll try that technique, I like the "not coughing thing", too much vapor in my lungs make me cough a lot.

Nah, no worries using glass, I love it, I meant that the V-Tower needed less parafernalia to be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheFatBastard,
Reactions: Vaporware

thevapist

Coming from a whip style setup, this is a huge improvement. I love that it just feels like ripping a bong, and people always comment on that after using it for the first time.

Once you know how to set it up and use it, it is seriously unmatched IMO. Titanium and glass is sexy, I don't want a plastic tower on my counter. I also like that no plastic/electronic internals are anywhere near the vapor path.

I describe NV products now as "vapes for people who change their own oil".

TheFatBastard

Well, last night I had a vapng session with the FP set at 666F.I tried 700 in the first draw, but was too harsh for me and coughed a lot, so I lowered to 666.

Almost filling the bowl to the edge, I could do a very good first draw and a good second draw, after that, herb was dark brown, even black at some places.

You can really feel how the FP extracts a lot from the herb at that first draw, indeed, after that first draw almost all herb was already brownish.

With 6 hits I was really stoned (3 bowls), but the flavour / draws are really more "aggressive " than the V- Tower for sure.

Vaporware

Well, last night I had a vapng session with the FP set at 666F.I tried 700 in the first draw, but was too harsh for me and coughed a lot, so I lowered to 666.

Almost filling the bowl to the edge, I could do a very good first draw and a good second draw, after that, herb was dark brown, even black at some places.

You can really feel how the FP extracts a lot from the herb at that first draw, indeed, after that first draw almost all herb was already brownish.

With 6 hits I was really stoned (3 bowls), but the flavour / draws are really more "aggressive " than the V- Tower for sure.

Unless you want to cough and dump loads early, I really recommend a small amount if you venture into the high 600s or 700s. At 777 I never do more than just cover the screen or the top layer will get cooked fast and the layers under it will not be well extracted.

For a full bowl I stay around the 555-666 range.

If you do just a little at a time at 777 though, 1-3 medium-fast draws, I think you’ll see what we’re getting at. :)

Mr. Black Cat

Trichome heads united
Loving the showerhead thank you all for the great info.

mrbcnewvape-copy-L.jpg

Will post my experience .

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
When shooting for the higher temperatures for full spectrum effects, a heavy hitting friend of mine had a little combustion in my Adjustabowl at 747 degrees, which I do not see when using the same setup. The difference was the length of his draw, he went far longer than my allergy induced asthma lungs may go. My point is the higher temperatures are achievable if the draws are not too long. My draw times are usually short as I remove the heat once my 12.5” rig is milked. If going beyond that, as my friend did, temperature needs to be lowered to avoid combustion, but in so doing full spectrum extraction maybe sacrificed in favor of bigger/longer draws and clouds. In other words if you want really fast extraction and the full spectrum affects that go along with it, your draws may need to be shortened as that will cross the line of combustion.

For the uninitiated the FlowerPot is capable at high temperatures to extract at such a quick rate that the effects very closely mimic that of combustion, more so than any other vape I have tried. We do not know scientifically why this is, but I am going to assume my and others experience is enough to state anecdotally that this is true. That said, it takes flirting with combustion to achieve this and in my view it also requires smaller/shorter draws so as to not cross the line and combust. So if you have the FP and have not been able to reach the high temperatures you’ve read about in this thread, increase the temps, but also lower the size of your hits.

roofpizza

With all the sales going on right now for 4/20, has anybody looked around for good deals on new glass for their flowerpot? I have the newvape stereo matrix but would like to add some more options to my setup.

fatbiker

Any update on the insulated carb cap?

The titanium dab tool that I have attached to the carb cap is too long and almost poked me in the face. I don’t like having the handle horizontals.

If there is no upcoming release I’ll just buy the small habdle from the shovel head bowl and use that.

fatbiker,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Any update on the insulated carb cap?

The titanium dab tool that I have attached to the carb cap is too long and almost poked me in the face. I don’t like having the handle horizontals.

If there is no upcoming release I’ll just buy the small habdle from the shovel head bowl and use that.

...are the bowl handles not the same thread as the dab tools?

handle-1.jpg

https://www.newvape.com/flowerpot-solid-handle

...not sure if that is what you meant or not...

EDIT: ...NVM, failed to read whole post :\

just_the_flu,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom