Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

steama

For those of you with the panhead/shovelhead bowls do you switch out posts for different size bongs or is it better to just get 2 bowls and keep one 18mm and one 14mm? How much of a hassle is it to switch out the posts?
I use two adjustabowls and I love them. One for flower for (14mm or 18mm rigs) and one for my rosin rig with a 14mm post and no screen. Having two bowls you are ready for anything and it is extremely convenient.

It is easy as pie to adjust an ajustabowl...it couldn't get any better imo.

:nod:

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
Wow take a few days off and you got 8 pages to catch up on. Pretty tedious reading about temps and draw techniques. I think general guidance like NewVape gives is the best. There are so many variables that you can’t make an apples to apples comparison. It really is a personal experience.

My one recommendation for dabs is that you shouldn’t do more than 2 hits to finish. There is a fine line between getting a good clean vapor and getting a harsh oily taste from over-cooking. Dab what you can finish.

Enjoying dabs on the vrod today with new vape sic dish today.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Just for fun, I tried swapping coils/controllers..
Until today I've been using an auber rdk300 with a new 20mm coil from vapefiend with the vrod.
550f was a good capped temp for even extraction of flower.

With the newvape controller and coil I'm now up to 620 capped for similar looking avb.

Not really important, but I just found it interesting

steama

Hey @BornAgainSteama u glass bowled it yet?
Touched my shovelhead twice in the past few weeks, and it was just to see if it was as good, it wasn't ;)
I have a NewVape glass bowl and I like it very much, however, I prefer my adjustabowls with a double weave Ti screen a little bit more. I haven't given it much thought as to specifically why this is. I don't find the flavor lacking with the Ti bowls at all and love their airflow. One of the great things about the Flower Pot is how many different ways there are to enjoy it. So far, I love all the Newvape stuff I have purchased, top-shelf gear no doubt about it.

Every Flower Pot enthusiast should have a glass bowl in their toolbox imo.

:nod:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I prefer my ti bowl for flower because the screen stays in
For me, the ease of use outweighs the small increase in flavour.
I still use the glass bowls (without screens) when doing straight dabs though

I'm exactly the same way. I can't give up my double weave Ti screens. I don't find the tiny amount of flavor increase from the glass bowls(to my taste) to be worth it in normal scenarios.

Vaporware

For those of you with the panhead/shovelhead bowls do you switch out posts for different size bongs or is it better to just get 2 bowls and keep one 18mm and one 14mm? How much of a hassle is it to switch out the posts?

It’s easy to switch them (same thing as the initial setup), but I just keep a 14mm and an 18mm assembled all the time (plus a 14mm stubby and probably soon one or more glass bowls).

Edit: I just saw there were new messages I’d missed so I’m re-answering the same question, so I guess I’m just seconding what @BornAgainSteama said. ;)

lasvideo

Does anyone know a ball park figure for what the temperature relationship between the digital controller read out and the actual heat at the VROD (bundle)? I know there are a lot of variables, Im just interested in a general estimate.

I tried using a laser temperature gun to read a seam on the VROD after it was heat soaked. The controller said 580 F but the heat soaked VROD exterior read only around 230 F. But this is not the interior coil which Im sure is way hotter.

I understand there is a natural loss over distance with the coil. Im just curious if there is a quantifiable amount.

lasvideo,
Reactions: BigJr48

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Why’s things so quiet around here?!

I need a smilie with like a cricket or tumbleweed or something. I guess it’s all good and everybody’s just getting down with their respective flowerpots and finding that sacred higher ground!

:leaf: Maybe it’s just Monday...

lasvideo

UPDATE: Here is the information I was looking for about the controller indicated temp as opposed to the coil temp....the difference is 225 F.

From the Newvape website:

" Q. What temperature(s) do the Flowerpots operate at?
A. The beauty of the FlowerPot system is its versatility. The NewVape Enail Controller is capable of an extremely wide range of temperatures, far exceeding what is required for the most delicious vaporization. We suggest starting out @ 600F, and adjust to suit your tastes. Everyone has a different draw rate and when you combine this with the different airflow rates of the particular glass you're using, its vital to have full control of your temperature setting. We've found that setting the Enail controller to ~600 creates airflow to the flowers that is just at or above the required vaporization temperature for flowers of 374F. The dish is @ roughly 450F which is great for low-temperature dabs! "

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
For anyone whos saying they don't like the screen dropping out of the glass bowl, my rebuttal is it doesn't take very long at all to get used to little patterns when vaping, I can load and unload that baby lickety split, same speed as I could deal with the ti ;)

I fill my glass bowl almost three-quarters of the way now , put a little drop o concentrates on top of the flower and take 2 blasts and stir, then blast and stir six or seven more times! Its really great!

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Personal preference, but I'd rather not have to change my patterns to suit my vape/accessories.
Instead, I'll either find another use or just get rid.
For the same reason, after a week of testing, I switched back to my showerhead yesterday and the VROD will be sold on sometime.

Last edited:

Taz4101

Does anyone know a ball park figure for what the temperature relationship between the digital controller read out and the actual heat at the VROD (bundle)? I know there are a lot of variables, Im just interested in a general estimate.

I tried using a laser temperature gun to read a seam on the VROD after it was heat soaked. The controller said 580 F but the heat soaked VROD exterior read only around 230 F. But this is not the interior coil which Im sure is way hotter.

I understand there is a natural loss over distance with the coil. Im just curious if there is a quantifiable amount.

Lasers dont work good on shiny surfaces, they read infared heat i think. Try putting a piece of black electrical tape on a part of the vrod and reading the temp from that. I seen a battery tester use that method.

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
A while back some genius on this forum mentioned that Arizer basket screens fit pretty perfectly inside a 19mm glass joint. Simply stuff it into the end of your 19mm M joint (i.e. the non-bowl end).

I really like that solution with glass-screened bowls because it gets the metal a bit farther from the heat which improves taste. The basket screen will catch everything that falls through the glass screen before it hits your piece.

So that’s how I rock my 19mm glass bowl with the FlowerPot.

lasvideo

Lasers dont work good on shiny surfaces, they read infared heat i think. Try putting a piece of black electrical tape on a part of the vrod and reading the temp from that. I seen a battery tester use that method.

Thanks, but I dont need to. I got the info I was looking for a few posts back. ;)

lasvideo,
Reactions: BigJr48

Tuck

So today, i tried my LSV's spherical ground glass wpa with my showerhead. I don't know why I didn't try this sooner with all the talk about glass bowls. It works well. I get dark chocolate abv at 600f. I can one shot a bowl at 650.

You have to hold the handle the whole time. But you can gently rock around the spherical gg like you would with an lsv.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I understand why you would like to know the temperature delta, or more importantly the temperature of the air as it comes in contact with the material. This is important, perhaps as important as the airflow through the bowl. How could both be measured and displayed to the user in realtime without adversely impacting the experience? Depending upon the price, this may or may not be a marketable extra for our FlowerPots? @newvape918 @NewVape710 Respect! -YaMon

Edit: If the cost of this device is any measure, this idea is not going to be equitable: https://www.omega.com/pptst/TVS-1000.html I think I 'll be happy with inhaling at a rate that makes my ash catcher sound like a two cylinder and leaving my PID set for 747

Last edited:

steama

I understand why you would like to know the temperature delta, or more importantly the temperature of the air as it comes in contact with the material. This is important, perhaps as important as the airflow through the bowl. How could both be measured and displayed to the user in realtime without adversely impacting the experience? Depending upon the price, this may or may not be a marketable extra for our FlowerPots? @newvape918 @NewVape710 Respect! -YaMon

Edit: If the cost of this device is any measure, this idea is not going to be equitable: https://www.omega.com/pptst/TVS-1000.html I think I 'll be happy with inhaling at a rate that makes my ash catcher sound like a two cylinder and leaving my PID set fro 747
ask @Stu

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have been meaning to do some more temp charts with the FP. @stickstones held it hostage for a few months, so I've only recently gotten it back. I have some new stuff that should make my setup for testing a lot simpler for many planned tests. I have a couple other things I need to test out first, but I promise that I'll eventually get around to it. The whole testing process is kinda labor intensive and I get real damn lazy after a bowl or two making testing a low priority and nachos a much, much higher one.:nod:

:peace:

Top Bottom