Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Snooppossum

holy s**t this thing is amazing...but you guys already knew that lol. im officialy done with oils and back to flowers thanks to the showerhead!

can somebody tell me what page on here the process of calibrating a newvape controller is discussed? i saw it the other day and cant find it again but my controller overshoots almost 100 degrees sometimes when i turn it on.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
can somebody tell me what page on here the process of calibrating a newvape controller is discussed? i saw it the other day and cant find it again but my controller overshoots almost 100 degrees sometimes when i turn it on.

The search function is your friend! :)

Plus, theres this - https://www.newvape.com/pub/media/s...ced_enail_controller_programming_manual_1.pdf

EDIT: Also wanted to add that I made the switch permanently to the glass bowl. Its great. And I love cleaning my rig by just pouring recently boiled water THROUGH the glass bowl to fill the piece and give it a swill :D

Last edited:

Snooppossum

The search function is your friend! :)

Plus, theres this - https://www.newvape.com/pub/media/s...ced_enail_controller_programming_manual_1.pdf

EDIT: Also wanted to add that I made the switch permanently to the glass bowl. Its great. And I love cleaning my rig by just pouring recently boiled water THROUGH the glass bowl to fill the piece and give it a swill :D

thanks man, i need to upload a profile pic and learn the ropes around here i guess!

i cant wait till my 18mm piece gets here so i can use it with my glass bowl. do you have the vrod or the showerhead? jw because i hear the glass bowls on the showerhead dont fit as well.

Snooppossum,

Is it tho?

Currently loving my herborizer but have itch to get the flowerpot will I gain anything from purchasing other than satisifing my VAS which the herbo has kept
At bay for last year
Thanks for your opinions

Is it tho?,

Doktor Dub

Currently loving my herborizer but have itch to get the flowerpot will I gain anything from purchasing other than satisifing my VAS which the herbo has kept
At bay for last year
Thanks for your opinions

I never tried the Herbo TI myself and other members will give you better answers - i think if you do concentrates, the FP will be a big gain for dabs and double deckers, especialy if you get the Vrod and the carbcap.
If you do Flower only i am sure you will love the FP but not so sure if it is worth it.

Do a search and you will find some more Opinions, i know at least one member who owns both.

Have a great day!

WelshBrok

Does anyone know if 6mm sapphire banger beads fit in the dnail SiC dish on the Vrod?

And for extra points, is there a cap that makes the beads move around better than the straight hole on the vrod cap?

WelshBrok,

MAbud

Does anyone know if 6mm sapphire banger beads fit in the dnail SiC dish on the Vrod?

And for extra points, is there a cap that makes the beads move around better than the straight hole on the vrod cap?

You are going to try and spin those beads on a dish? That’s not going to work at all with a center post design. They need a ton of airflow to get going and are tough even in a wide open banger. This is not a fit IMO

WelshBrok

You are going to try and spin those beads on a dish? That’s not going to work at all with a center post design. They need a ton of airflow to get going and are tough even in a wide open banger. This is not a fit IMO
Oh fair enough, I had assumed they would just roll around the dish if the air came in at an angle like the old showerhead cap. Are they just too heavy then?

Edit: so is the only reason this doesn’t work in centre post dishes because the airs pulled through the center too much so not enough air to move the beads? To me the dish looks like the perfect track to run a bead around

Last edited:
WelshBrok,
Reactions: Hogni

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

6mm is too big (I've tried).
5mm would probably fit.
I think that DNail's V2 cap with it's angled, offset air intake would induce spinning.

:2c:

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Hello team #flowerpot I'll do my best to address some of the concerns posted over the last few pages.

1) The pan head body is back in the flowerpot parts tab. I didn't think anyone would notice. The Vrod styling was centered around the shovelhead body. The reason for disabling was to reduce confusion for newbies.

2) NewVape has no affiliation with Dnail other that purchasing the SIC dishes at a wholesale. I'm not getting any response from them about the ETA of the Dnail SIC dishes. I hope there all right. Dnail is a great brand with a solid reputation built around quality. Everything on their site seems to out of stock.

3) NewVape SIC dishes are in transit and I hope that they will be in stock this week. There is a slight possibility that the OD may be larger than anticipated. Resulting in a new rev or slight reworked new top head portion of the vrod head. Either way we will work thru these challenges and everyone will be happy. Let's hope this is not a issue. Fingers crossed.

4) Dnail plug coils. Can someone please post the desired pinout and the desired connection. I believe Mini nail, dnail, highfive, all use a different plugs and pinouts. I'd like to know exactly which standard we are chasing. I'm ready to place another order for enails and will request 10 of the coils be wired with this connection they will be 110v and 100 watt . 5-6 years ago when we started with enails there were rumors of enails catching fire due to people leaving them on this was traced back to the pins in the coil connection. We selected a connection we felt was safe and with the largest pins possible. Since then newVape has used this plug on it's enail boxes and coils. We now stock flat, cartridge, 16mm, 20mm all available in 110v and 220v. 8 coils and 4 different boxes, single, dual, and quad. It's difficult enough to keep the 20mm 110 and 220v coils separate. There's never been any master plan to trap our customers with a proprietary connections. I introduced vapefiend to our supplier for him to purchase his enail and coils directly from them. The type of connection he and the supplier chose was completely up to them. I'm not sure why Vapefined wants the NV logo instead of their own. We have no plans to change our connection on our coils or boxes. I will agree to stock a couple of coils with that connection if it will help customers.

I hope this helps.

~Edwyn

pins-1.jpg

newvape_enail_pinout-1_3.jpg

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Dnail plug coils. Can someone please post the desired pinout and the desired connection. I believe Mini nail, dnail, highfive, all use a different plugs and pinouts. I'd like to know exactly which standard we are chasing.

...the dnail 'standard' - AC Load [1], AC Neutral [2], TC+ [3], TC - [4], Ground [5]...

...Thanks! :tup:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hello team #flowerpot I'll do my best to address some of the concerns posted over the last few pages.

1) The pan head body is back in the flowerpot parts tab. I didn't think anyone would notice. The Vrod styling was centered around the shovelhead body. The reason for disabling was to reduce confusion for newbies.

2) NewVape has no affiliation with Dnail other that purchasing the SIC dishes at a wholesale. I'm not getting any response from them about the ETA of the Dnail SIC dishes. I hope there all right. Dnail is a great brand with a solid reputation built around quality. Everything on their site seems to out of stock.

3) NewVape SIC dishes are in transit and I hope that they will be in stock this week. There is a slight possibility that the OD may be larger than anticipated. Resulting in a new rev or slight reworked new top head portion of the vrod head. Either way we will work thru these challenges and everyone will be happy. Let's hope this is not a issue. Fingers crossed.

4) Dnail plug coils. Can someone please post the desired pinout and the desired connection. I believe Mini nail, dnail, highfive, all use a different plugs and pinouts. I'd like to know exactly which standard we are chasing. I'm ready to place another order for enails and will request 10 of the coils be wired with this connection they will be 110v and 100 watt . 5-6 years ago when we started with enails there were rumors of enails catching fire due to people leaving them on this was traced back to the pins in the coil connection. We selected a connection we felt was safe and with the largest pins possible. Since then newVape has used this plug on it's enail boxes and coils. We now stock flat, cartridge, 16mm, 20mm all available in 110v and 220v. 8 coils and 4 different boxes, single, dual, and quad. It's difficult enough to keep the 20mm 110 and 220v coils separate. There's never been any master plan to trap our customers with a proprietary connections. I introduced vapefiend to our supplier for him to purchase his enail and coils directly from them. The type of connection he and the supplier chose was completely up to them. I'm not sure why Vapefined wants the NV logo instead of their own. We have no plans to change our connection on our coils or boxes. I will agree to stock a couple of coils with that connection if it will help customers.

I hope this helps.

~Edwyn

pins-1.jpg

The standard XLR-5 pin connector is what everyone is after, with a d-nail pin out as that is the most common. It will not work with High5 controllers, due to a different pinout, and will not work with the MiniNail, which has a Mini XLR connector I believe, however, it will work with a lot of controllers as this is the most common (ie. d-nail, auberin, most dhgate, ebay, etc. controllers, ...)

The pin assignment for the d-nail controller is:

Pin 1: AC Load
Pin 2: AC Neutral
Pin 3: TC+
Pin 4: TC-
Pin 5: Ground

The other alternative is to simply make an adapter cable available that is like your extension but with a 5 pin XLR d-nail wired male end. This would allow people to use any of your coils with their controller if they already have one. This is also how High5 approaches it by carrying "adapter" cables to allow "standard" wired coils (ie. d-nail) to be used with their controllers, or a different adapter cable to allow their coils to be used with d-nail wired controllers.

You already carry an extension cable, so I don't imagine it would be difficult to get a slightly different "adapter" cable made as a separate sku. Just my 2 cents :)

Vaporware

I hope this helps.

~Edwyn

pins-1.jpg

Glad to see you around again, and congratulations on the VRod! I don’t have one yet, but with a couple of minor bumps in the road it sounds like it’s working out very well. :)

I’ve actually been pretty happy with the controller you sell, but if I ever decide to try a Hex-Nail or some other interesting controller I’ll be glad to know that we can get an appropriate coil to fit it and the FP heads, so thanks for stocking those!

I would recommend more than 10 though, unless you make coil orders often. We’ve already seen @JCat build 6 adapters for just for users here, and there were still others asking for solutions. You may be surprised at how many new users already have controllers from other systems and come in asking if their coils will work or looking for new coils that fit their boxes.

I don’t know how many you’ll need, how often you order coils, or even how many FP heads you sell, I just expect you to sell out pretty quick if the interest level here is a good indication of demand.

Thanks again for building some great products, and I look forward to adding the VRod alongside my ShowerHead!

Oh, and one last thing; a couple of people now seem to like the Rev A VRod with the center hole better, while most still prefer Rev B. I don’t know what your testing has shown, but *if* you feel that it’s better under some usage conditions with the center open and you have to make a Rev C to fit the new dish, might it be worth putting the hole back and just plugging it by default now that you have the pins to do it?

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@MAbud I'll get someone working on it tomorrow.
1) Shower head coil cover and nut
2) vrod
3) shovel head / panhead bowl
4) dual pocket for either shower cap or vrod cap
5) 28mm dish
6) 18mm dish post
7) 14mm dish post
8) 14mm female dish post
9) heatpost
10) debowl post

- I don't believe the 10mm female and male posts are necessary
- Do you want the magnetic lid for travel or just the bottom tray?
- a small pelican like case or wood craft box with laser cutout foam would be much cheaper.

I'm open to suggestions.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Does anybody's bong get really dirty using the FP compared to other vapes?

Not at all.

Use the double weave Ti screens and it keeps just about everything out of your piece. Use a few drops of cranberry extract in your water and your glass will stay clean. I also use distilled water in my glass, I think it helps a bit too.

My glass stays very clean even after weeks of heavy use. I change the water every 5-10 bowls.

Double weave and cranberry. Double weave and cranberry.

MAbud

2) vrod
5) 28mm dish
6) 18mm dish post
7) 14mm dish post
8) 14mm female dish post
9) heatpost
10) debowl post

- a small pelican like case or wood craft box with laser cutout foam would be much cheaper.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks so much for your response! I appreciate the candor regarding more cost effective solutions. When you combine the factors of secured storage and the function of debowling I love the fact that this piece is not an “extra”. As compared to a pelican where I have to unload and then put it somewhere. Not sure if I am getting my point across? These components also have a work of art component and I like storing them in something that showcases that.

Perhaps it would make sense to offer a case with precut laser foam though? The current ones are great but all encompass glass WP and are larger sizes. I could see a good storage solution being a popular add-on.

The magnets to me aren’t a huge deal. If that’s the best closure system it works for me. But I leave that to you. I don’t generally travel with this setup. Maybe the battery system will change that :)

Would be nice if there were a slot to store one of the glass bowls in addition to the titanium ones.

Maybe a small spot for the loading tool and stir stick as well. Or a small tray spot to lay it in.

Really appreciate it!

wildman420

The Most Interesting Monkey in the World
2) vrod
5) 28mm dish
6) 18mm dish post
7) 14mm dish post
8) 14mm female dish post
9) heatpost
10) debowl post

I'm open to suggestions.

Im down for this too... I love the other caddy.. .yes it was expensive but it looks so cool and shiny. I would order a second one to be able to travel with the VROD. The first design is perfect. Place for all the tools etc. Just need to dig out one of those circles enough to fit that VROD.

Also, dont know if you saw my post a few back. Just some quick feedback on the stubby post. The base gets really hot...like hot enough I worried about burning my coffee table. would be nice if the threads matched the normal heat post? Either that or can you make a standard heat post out of TI so we dont get he VROD head locking up on it when it comes up to temp.

Keep up the great work.

wildman420,
Top Bottom