Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Vaporware

Same here... 14m is also my favorite. Using glass bowls though... haven't touched any of my Ti bowls in months! All glory to the all-glass vapor path! :)

I plan to try glass bowls sometime soon too (even picked up some extra degummed hemp fiber from Dynavap on 4/20 to use as a screen/filter as you recommend), but I was waiting for someone to start selling bowls specifically designed for the FP and I thought someone would have them out by now.

Maybe I need to track down the thread about a group buy from Ehle and get in on that.

Edit: Here’s the thread if anyone wants to see what’s up with the Ehle glass bowl idea:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flowerpot-showerhead-glass-bowl-from-ehle.26648/

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I plan to try glass bowls sometime soon too (even picked up some extra degummed hemp fiber from Dynavap on 4/20 to use as a screen/filter as you recommend), but I was waiting for someone to start selling bowls specifically designed for the FP and I thought someone would have them out by now.

Maybe I need to track down the thread about a group buy from Ehle and get in on that.
I'm with you on the stubby bowl also. I really like that one , I use that and the shovel head on the regular. Oh and a Iso soak of the entire bowl is fine. That is my usual method of cleaning , some warm iso in a ziplock and i either shake it or drop it in the ultra sonic cleaner for a few minutes. Never a issue.

Vaporware

I'm with you on the stubby bowl also. I really like that one , I use that and the shovel head on the regular. Oh and a Iso soak of the entire bowl is fine. That is my usual method of cleaning , some warm iso in a ziplock and i either shake it or drop it in the ultra sonic cleaner for a few minutes. Never a issue.

I’ve never had an issue either, but I recently heard (and have yet to confirm) that SS can be damaged by long iso soaks and it made me wonder if unnecessarily soaking Ti could cause any issues over time or not.

I could try iso on a q-tip mostly on the screen while it’s in place, but my guess is that wouldn’t quite clean up a clogged double-weave screen.

I guess I should just research the subject and find out whether or not I’m worrying over nothing.

On a similar note, what do you guys think about water on the Ti pieces?

I’ve been soaking in iso, using a sink sprayer to force out anything still clinging to the screen, re-rinsing in iso, mostly drying it off and then waiting for the rest to evaporate.

My main concern is the groove where the screen is held in - some of any liquid you put on it is going to stay in there until it evaporates, and we’re regularly heating and breathing through that area so anything that could be harmful coming off of it would be a concern.

I figured the iso was less potentially bad for it than water which is why I do the final iso rinse, but maybe I’m worrying about all of this for no reason...anyone know the science or have an opinion on it backed up by a lot of experience?

Edit to add:
Based on feedback here I am no longer concerned about soaking FlowerPot parts in iso.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazylathe

Almost there...

I use my Shovelhead on occasion as well! It maybe gets used once a week, possibly...
Love spreading a thin layer and ripping it in one go.
Max flavor!

ISO soak and wipe with paper towels, good to go!

Oh and try this if you are bored!
Grab a fresh q-tip and draw on your colored SH! The color goes lighter and shows the design for a while before reverting back to the solid color.

brucee10

I’ve never had an issue either, but I recently heard (and have yet to confirm) that SS can be damaged by long iso soaks and it made me wonder if unnecessarily soaking Ti could cause any issues over time or not.

I could try iso on a q-tip mostly on the screen while it’s in place, but my guess is that wouldn’t quite clean up a clogged double-weave screen.

I guess I should just research the subject and find out whether or not I’m worrying over nothing.

On a similar note, what do you guys think about water on the Ti pieces?

I’ve been soaking in iso, using a sink sprayer to force out anything still clinging to the screen, re-rinsing in iso, mostly drying it off and then waiting for the rest to evaporate.

My main concern is the groove where the screen is held in - some of any liquid you put on it is going to stay in there until it evaporates, and we’re regularly heating and breathing through that area so anything that could be harmful coming off of it would be a concern.

I figured the iso was less potentially bad for it than water which is why I do the final iso rinse, but maybe I’m worrying about all of this for no reason...anyone know the science or have an opinion on it backed up by a lot of experience?
I'd love to read about SS getting damaged by ISO soaks. I store ISO in a SS a lot and I hope I'm not poisoning myself.

brucee10,
Reactions: steama

Vaporware

I'd love to read about SS getting damaged by ISO soaks. I store ISO in a SS a lot and I hope I'm not poisoning myself.

The thing I heard recently was from George @VapCap who I believe said it could cause pitting in their SS cap and recommended short soaks or not using iso, but I know he also doesn't like recommending iso because you don't want to torch a vape with alcohol on it...so I don't know how real of an issue it is, or if it's only SS and not Ti or other metals we're using assuming it is a real concern.

Even if it is causing damage to the metal, I don't know how much of a health risk there is, but if bits of the metal are coming out I'd be a bit concerned...

Here's a link to the video, starting at the relevant point:

I know this is a different product, and I know that material safety isn't supposed to be a major topic of discussion in vaporizer threads, but I think cleaning is a pretty legitimate topic and I hope that someone with more metallurgical and chemical knowledge can tell us whether or not iso soaking (long or short) have any significant effect on our Ti and/or SS parts. I do have a few SS parts from NewVape too.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I leave SS soaking in iso for months at a time. Iso damaging SS isn't a thing. I imagine the same holds true with Ti, but I've never soaked Ti in iso for longer than a couple hours so can't say for certain.

:peace:

Agreed!
Possibly with lower quality ISO the chance of having water in it may be greater and this could lead to corrosion of SS? Would only surface tarnish Ti.
Could also be related to quality of SS used.

thekayo

Hey guys I am a new member to this forum! I have been using my extreme q for the past 3 years but just decided to upgrade to the new vape. I was wondering if anyone has any good write ups or videos on how to clean all the pieces? Generally i would use iso plus a boiling water then dry out with paper towel. I have read that you guys seem pretty worried about the cleaning methods. Does anyone use anything other than iso? I know my friend uses an all natural cleaner that is safe to inhale for his dab rig. I was wondering if I could possibly use the same thing. Thanks so much! I will update with my initial thoughts after trying the unit.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I don't think you have to do a longer iso soak. I'm not throwing away old clothes but storing them for cleaning purposes. Putting some iso on an peace of fabric and cleaning my Flowerpot with it is doing the job quite fine for me :)

Vaporware

Hey guys I am a new member to this forum! I have been using my extreme q for the past 3 years but just decided to upgrade to the new vape. I was wondering if anyone has any good write ups or videos on how to clean all the pieces? Generally i would use iso plus a boiling water then dry out with paper towel. I have read that you guys seem pretty worried about the cleaning methods. Does anyone use anything other than iso? I know my friend uses an all natural cleaner that is safe to inhale for his dab rig. I was wondering if I could possibly use the same thing. Thanks so much! I will update with my initial thoughts after trying the unit.

I’m sorry for giving that impression; I have been a little concerned lately based on the video clip posted above, but I don’t think anyone else was.

Like most I’ve been using iso with no negative effects I can see. Just an iso soak and dry seems to be fine. :)

@Stu if you want to put a note on my first post about this (second to last post on the previous page) saying something like “Based on feedback here I am no longer concerned about soaking FlowerPot parts in iso.” or whatever works for you, it might help avoid other people getting that wrong impression...

Likes2vape

Iso and water will be fine.

Justpassedu

Welcome. I can tell you I been soaking my parts in iso sometimes for days with no negative effects at all . I usually will use a qtip with a little iso when it is not so dirty but when my bowl starts getting allot of build up I drop it in a ziplock filled with iso to clean and it’s always brand new after , I also dry it off well and sometimes rinse with water . You will be fine . You picked a very big upgrade to the eq as that was one of my 1st vapes , you should be very happy when you get some use in . Good luck

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
So I had a chat with Edwyn. He shared his personal way of cleaning the different FlowerPot parts. He soaks them in ISO for a few minutes, let's say 10. Followed by a simple wipe down with a paper towel. There are no parts that would be negatively affected by a good soak in ISO. Next time you go to use it let it heat up for about 10 minutes before loading up your goodies.

I hope that helps!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Just dropping in to say that I am rocking the SH today! It's been taking a rest for a day or so.
I am always surprised to hear of people having trouble using this vape.
Cleaning it is also so easy and quick as @newvape918 mentions, ISO and paper towels.

I am running at 335 Celsius or 635F, never change it as I just do flower.
Dry herb or moist herb, at this temp it just extracts everything in one hit leaving a nice medium brown ABV.
The only variable is how you inhale.
This vaporizer is similar to a stick shift car with 3 pedals instead of 2, that extra pedal is for watching vapor density!
Allow a good heat soak time, 10 minutes or more depending on what your stand is. You want the SH hot and not the stand absorbing all the heat.
I use a fine grind but have tried medium and it works just as well.
Drop in a pinch and spread it over your screen and place SH on top of bowl.
Start inhaling medium/slow till you see vapor forming, once it starts to fill the can speed up your draw to medium for a few seconds and then speed up to fast to clear the WT. You have to gauge how much vapor you can comfortably hold and stop in an appropriate time to still be able to clear the WT.
remove SH and inspect ABV, should be a nice even color.
If it is still green and you had a massive hit, reduce load size till you find your one hit size.
If it is burnt, speed up your inhale and tailor it with a few bowls until you are happy with the results.

It is an amazing vaporizer but it does require quite a bit of user input!
Once you have found your inhale speed, you are good to rip anything you put in the bowl!

I find it all too easy to over-indulge due to the ease of massive hits in an instant!

jfrsn

Well, my Flowerpot should be here tomorrow. Unfortunately, I got hit with about 90 in duty, oh well I seem to have no luck with that I also got hit on the E-Nano. I went with the Sic Dish and also purchased a showerhead. What would you guys recommend the best way to experience the flowerpot would be on first use. I plan on using this with a 2FT Roor straight tube, no downstem dry.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Use the showerhead for straight flower at 710F with about 0.05-0.1gr of flowers in the FP., no carb cap Then for a dab, the SiC WA setup at about 580F carb capped. To twax, do the same as you do for dabbing temp wise, except load about 0.05 or less flowers in the FP prior to loading your dab, then carb cap for max meds.

PoopMachine

Use the showerhead for straight flower at 710F with about 0.05-0.1gr of flowers in the FP., no carb cap Then for a dab, the SiC WA setup at about 580F carb capped. To twax, do the same as you do for dabbing temp wise, except load about 0.05 or less flowers in the FP prior to loading your dab, then carb cap for max meds.

Ive found the piece youre using impacts performance a lot. Freer flowing pieces do like that range. I have other pieces with more restrictive percs that want to be about 150 degrees cooler.

Just food for thought....

lazylathe

Almost there...
Ive found the piece youre using impacts performance a lot. Freer flowing pieces do like that range. I have other pieces with more restrictive percs that want to be about 150 degrees cooler.

Just food for thought....

Similar to me in the lower to mid 600's

@jfrsn see the post right above yours for my technique.
I love flavor and clouds so lower on temps for me but still full extraction.

thekayo

Thanks for all the replies! I will stick to my regular cleaning method. Cant wait to use this thing. I have been using glass with my extreme Q for a while. 2 18mm elbows work to make that happen. The fact that you can change so many things with this vape and use it so many different ways is why i got it. that on top of the build quality makes this unbeatable. I HATE VOLCANOS. Safe to say that i have never touched one. Im sure the vapor is amazing top notch. I just do not like packing it the same way, using the same bag. Bags are gross and get dirty. Vapor gets stale. Hopefully I notice the major improvement over the q in vapor potency. Because my q just does not do the trick anymore.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks for all the replies! I will stick to my regular cleaning method. Cant wait to use this thing. I have been using glass with my extreme Q for a while. 2 18mm elbows work to make that happen. The fact that you can change so many things with this vape and use it so many different ways is why i got it. that on top of the build quality makes this unbeatable. I HATE VOLCANOS. Safe to say that i have never touched one. Im sure the vapor is amazing top notch. I just do not like packing it the same way, using the same bag. Bags are gross and get dirty. Vapor gets stale. Hopefully I notice the major improvement over the q in vapor potency. Because my q just does not do the trick anymore.

Welcome to the club! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on thsi vape!
You will never use your EQ again sadly...LOL!!
But while you wait, try this:
18mm male to male, insert an EQ basket into one end and load with herb, place into your water tool.
Invert EQ onto joint and hit! My favorite way to hit the EQ! I use a @DDave adapter when doing this for max effect!

The SH is a massive upgrade and well worth it! You will be looking for new glass and accessories soon...

Top Bottom