Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
@Grifo , are you using sh or wa?
What can people say about doing flower only in the wraparound?

Ill find out in 2 hours when I try it for the first time ;)

graydeh1,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

IME the SH extracts better because of the air outlets that cover the entire surface area of the bowl. The WA can achieve this by riding the WA head up higher on the bowl and using a layer of about 0.1gr of flowers in the bowl. Sometimes I'll rest the WA head down on the bowl, until I see good vapor production, then I'll raise it up until it's near the top edge of the bowl and finish the hit that way.

RalphsBlend

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but @Chicken #420 's "upside down showerhead" technique works with the adjustabowls, which gets the hot part of the device a lot closer to your herbs for smaller loads. I haven't done a lot of experimenting yet but might be worth playing around with if you dislike upping temps for smaller loads when using the adjustabowls.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Rosin. Lots and lots of rosin. I couldnt handle this, the dab gave me three more lungfulls of similar white out.

I got some NewVape plates, and a 20 ton hydraulic press. Its rosin all the way at the moment!

This dab was a mix of organic gorilla bomb, organic blue dream and purple trainwreck, mixed with a bit of BHO, on the SH.

Likes2vape

@Grifo , are you using sh or wa?

Ill find out in 2 hours when I try it for the first time ;)

I pretty much exclusively use the dnail wraparound and I love it for flower, dabs, or double deckers!! It milks hard core and is way better to dab off of than the SH. I still dab quite a bit and do not care for dabbing off the sh at all. I find that I do not miss the sh for flowers so the wa is perfect for me.

exony

My flowerpot has been sitting in Florida for a week now since being shipped. :( I just want to quit smoking

exony,
Reactions: graydeh1

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Rosin. Lots and lots of rosin. I couldnt handle this, the dab gave me three more lungfulls of similar white out.

I got some NewVape plates, and a 20 ton hydraulic press. Its rosin all the way at the moment!

This dab was a mix of organic gorilla bomb, organic blue dream and purple trainwreck, mixed with a bit of BHO, on the SH.

That is one of my goals! Enjoy! Big ups! -YaMon

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Looks like my breakaway handle is finally breaking away. 7 months of daily use, not sure what caused it but I think the solid handle will be a proper replacement going forward. Might as well grab some of those double weave screens too and see how the rosin tastes inside the FP without flower.

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
High five enail people what temps are you runnin?, I went up to 790 and alsmost had full extraction of herbs. Great session, thinking of bumping up a bit.

graydeh1,
Reactions: btka

Justpassedu

That was a nice 1 man, lots of milk. :science:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i'm running at 717°F on a auber 200 & 300 for full one hit extractions (coffee ground colour avb)...

...i have tried 777°F and combusted :cuss:... i've also combusted at 735°F, so i stick to the ~717°F range... FUCKCOMBUSTION! :nod:

EDIT: thats with herb and the showerhead uncapped

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Showerhead (uncapped) is my main NV piece most of the time now.

I run between 642 and 678 (depending on strain, desired vapor thickness, etc.) about 95% of the time, for powder and full-nug roasting.

The other 5%, I crank it up to 777 and do 10mg "microdose" full extraction hits for psychoactively awesome quick effects! :D

I will NEVER use a temp over 750 with a full bowl and multiple hits, as combustion can and has occurred. Single 10mg loads, at 777, with maximium 15 seconds continuous draw duration.... never combusts and WRECKS me up really good! :)

I am nervous about 777... Effects are great, but the nearly black ABV and molecular wrecking ball of high heat makes me think there might be Benzene and other toxic nasties possibly being formed... it's either that, or we're getting 100% THCA to THC decarboxylation at that temperature. All I know is that 777 seems to have effects that far outstrip those of lower temps, and in this life there typically "aint nothin' for free!" :)

Be careful, fellow ShowerHeaders... we're all treading new territory here! :o

Last edited:

kimura

I have two NewVape PIDs / controllers. One is the old style with the enail cord coming out of the front and one is the new style coming out of the back. they aren't the same. new controller definitely runs hotter than the old one when set to the same temp. so I would only use the settings that others are running as a starting point. I think you have to tune it the way that you like it, and just remember what heat settings you like for your particular setups

exony

Im guessing the delay in shipping is caused by them running out of 20mm coils on their website. I beleive that they accepted some orders without being aware.

aphidii

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is people's take on capping with the SH with only flower? Just nice for some lower temp flavour hits? Or can you use it to fully extract at a lower PID temp?

aphidii,

jfrsn

Im guessing the delay in shipping is caused by them running out of 20mm coils on their website. I beleive that they accepted some orders without being aware.
Do you have tracking yet? I don't believe they are doing this. Honestly, I was annoying and they handled all my questions. It seems it took about 5 days from when I received tracking to when the local post office actually accepted the package. It's moving nice and well now.

I would recommend reaching out to NewVape Support they treated me well. I believe they are busy so it may take 24 hours for a response.

jfrsn,

maxymods

To add to the tracking situatiOn my last 2 orders have sat accepted at the post office in Florida for a day or 2 before moving

maxymods,

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
How much is 10mg.....say with a 26-29% indica? 0.06gm ?

10mg is 0.01g, the world around. :)

Looks like a bunch of small bits scattered across the screen... a single NewVape 2560 shovel scoop, level not rounded. Volume equivalent would be about the same amount of space taken up by 3 hemp seeds. 10mg isn't much... :D

LabPong

10mg is 0.01g, the world around. :)

Looks like a bunch of small bits scattered across the screen... a single NewVape 2560 shovel scoop, level not rounded. Volume equivalent would be about the same amount of space taken up by 3 hemp seeds. 10mg isn't much... :D

duh....not sure why I was thinking of it as strength...and not mass.

And actually...it's not a NewVape scoop....is it. I thought it came from Pax...or does NV make them for Pax? Either way....it is one of the most valuable tools in my vape arsenal and every flower vaper needs one!

LabPong,

Doktor Dub

Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is people's take on capping with the SH with only flower? Just nice for some lower temp flavour hits? Or can you use it to fully extract at a lower PID temp?

While capping is not required to use the SH, i like to do it 50% or more of the time. It can definately be used to extract at a lower PID temp but what it really does to me is giving a bit more of draw resistance so you don t have to controll your pull so much by yourself.
Most guests who normaly combust and don t have much FP experience like the cap also...

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
I find that I like to always cap when rolling <630 degrees, above that I feel it is unnecessary on my WA and seems to leave a distinctive hotspot on the flowers. At high temps I use breathing control on the draw to make sure I'm getting good extraction and a comfortable hit. I don't think I've ever tried to dab without it because that seems silly. Uncapped hits are fun because you can spread it out over 3 draws rather than one monstrosity of a day-ruining hit.

I've only ever had a couple of near call combustion incidents, mostly due to guests not being used to the idea of taking the damned cap and heater off the bowl when unattended and the thing is on in the garage :p

Top Bottom