Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Dude that’s a chicken. @Zangano Cruel loves waterfowl and would never use one for a stopper.

I read it as just the handle that’s broken, eh @TheFatBastard ? I’m always reading about NewVape taking care of their customers for a long time here. But reaching out to them directly on Monday, rather than through here will be the quickest best way for resolution. Take care!
LOL you are right maybe I am the one who is high as fuck ahahahaha

Vaporware

No, is the Ti handle that broke, not the glass one.

Vapefiend just replied and said it is not covered by the warranty, since the handle is designed to broke, do this intentionally if the bowl is stuck (which wasn't on mine, not stuck, just a little resistance when I pilled and broke). They say this is deliberate and intended to protect glass joints from taking excess torque and shattering should this happen.

I don't really understand this.....the handle/bowl shouldn't be designed to broke.....we all know how to be careful if the bowl is stock in the glass so you don't break the glass....

Not very happy about this, since buying a new handle is 8.95€ (not that expensive) but the shipping is like 18€ approx. .... they offered me special shipping for like 10€ through Royal Mail, but still....not a money problem, but I don't think I should expend almost 20€ to replace a piece of a expensive kit because it is "designed to broke".

I’m sorry, I thought you said you also had a glass bowl and both handles broke, so forget that part. ;)

If you were dealing directly with NewVape I think they would probably have replaced it, but it’s cheaper for them since they’re making it.

If VapeFiend sells them, I’d get one of the newer handles with the black sleeve instead of the hemp wrap. The holes for that wrapping are what makes them so easy to break.

If I had expensive or delicate glass I might buy one of the hemp-wrapped handles, but for now I’m sticking with the solid handles.

For now, if you need a handle on the bowl you can use the handle from the carb cap, or you can use any other dabber with that thread size.

TheFatBastard

@TheFatBastard if you would like to pm me your address, I'll send you my old handle on Monday when I'm back @ work.
I bought a solid handle as a replacement so have the old as a spare.
Well used and slightly discoloured, but free :shrug:
29y4did.jpg

Thanks a lot for your generosity (that's why I love this community!:clap:),but I can't accept.I don't want to cause anybody any disturbance for what a new handle costs, is just that I find strange that a piece is "designed to be broken".

Of course I know I have to let the glass cool if the bowl gets stuck, I was very gentle with the bowl and it broke with almost no pressure....strange, that's all :hmm:

tb42091

@TheFatBastard - I received my SH around the same time though I ordered directly from NV and in my package was a spare solid handle with the black sleeve. Maybe vape fiend doesnt ship the extra freebie and sells it? Idk maybe NewVape should look into that, because if it's something that they are receiving free thats supposed to be included that's pretty fucked up IMO. But thank goodness they sent the extra because within a day I had bent it and within a couple weeks it just fell apart like you said, barely any resistance just dink...gone. havent had issues with the solid one.

Good luck man. Sorry to hear about the issue.

Edit: I too think it was a stupid design to make a handle that breaks easily and have that be the ONLY one they include. I dont believe Edwyn and his team are that short sighted - and they clearly weren't for my order.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@TheFatBastard I’m sorry my mind can’t let this go:
If you bought this kit fairly recently, the newer bowls (pan-head/shovel-head) have the new solid handle with the black sleeve. That handle wasn’t meant to break away, if it did- that’s an issue worth talking to NV about IMO.

Only the earlier bowl versions had the “break-away” handle like @Pyr0 posted. Those had holes for the cord that compromised their integrity, when they started breaking on people that’s when it became known as “break-away”, a product “feature” rather than being a defect in need of replacement.

I’m just trying to figure out what you got from vapefiend in your package, because something doesn’t sound right. If he doesn’t stand behind his NV stock, then how can he be “authorised reseller”? Idk...

TheFatBastard

@TheFatBastard - I received my SH around the same time though I ordered directly from NV and in my package was a spare solid handle with the black sleeve. Maybe vape fiend doesnt ship the extra freebie and sells it? Idk maybe NewVape should look into that, because if it's something that they are receiving free thats supposed to be included that's pretty fucked up IMO. But thank goodness they sent the extra because within a day I had bent it and within a couple weeks it just fell apart like you said, barely any resistance just dink...gone. havent had issues with the solid one.

Good luck man. Sorry to hear about the issue.

Edit: I too think it was a stupid design to make a handle that breaks easily and have that be the ONLY one they include. I dont believe Edwyn and his team are that short sighted - and they clearly weren't for my order.

I just received one handle in my kit....didn't know an extra one was supposed to be included.

@TheFatBastard I’m sorry my mind can’t let this go:
If you bought this kit fairly recently, the newer bowls (pan-head/shovel-head) have the new solid handle with the black sleeve. That handle wasn’t meant to break away, if it did- that’s an issue worth talking to NV about IMO.

Only the earlier bowl versions had the “break-away” handle like @Pyr0 posted. Those had holes for the cord that compromised their integrity, when they started breaking on people that’s when it became known as “break-away”, a product “feature” rather than being a defect in need of replacement.

I’m just trying to figure out what you got from vapefiend in your package, because something doesn’t sound right. If he doesn’t stand behind his NV stock, then how can he be “authorised reseller”? Idk...

I bought the Flowerpot Starter Kit like a month and a half ago.

What surprises me as that I never applied excessive force to the handle....just some back and forth to retire the bowl from the glass....so the handle is, IMHO, very fragile.

I'm not rich, but sincerely, money is the last thing that worries me if I have to buy a new one, but if I were Vapefiend, I'd rather send a replacement, which is a good gesture, and "lose" 7/8€ (which I guess is what the handle would cost them based on the selling price) and have a happy customer than explaining that the handle is "designed to be broken".

And I've been managing for more than 15 years a bussines where we sell retail, directly to the public.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

What surprises me as that I never applied excessive force to the handle....just some back and forth to retire the bowl from the glass....so the handle is, IMHO, very fragile.

I'm not rich, but sincerely, money is the last thing that worries me if I have to buy a new one, but if I were Vapefiend, I'd rather send a replacement, which is a good gesture, and "lose" 7/8€ (which I guess is what the handle would cost them based on the selling price) and have a happy customer than explaining that the handle is "designed to be broken".

And I've been managing for more than 15 years a bussines where we sell retail, directly to the public.

I don't see any bundles on VapeFiend's website anymore. Do you have the Panhead/Shovelhead bowls, or the older, non-adjustable style? Were you supposed to receive the Solid Handle with your package? Or was it advertised as just receiving the break-away hemp wrapped handle?

TheFatBastard

I don't see any bundles on VapeFiend's website anymore. Do you have the Panhead/Shovelhead bowls, or the older, non-adjustable style? Were you supposed to receive the Solid Handle with your package? Or was it advertised as just receiving the break-away hemp wrapped handle?

Mine was the Flowerpot Twax Starter Kit (it is not for sale anymore since they changed to a different bundle), it only said that the kit included a bowl, no extra handle or mention to any handle AFAIK

Last edited:

tb42091

@TheFatBastard
I too would expect vapefiend to make their customer happy with such a cheap part, but if you contact NV maybe they can shed some light on why you didnt get a second one and maybe even ship you out one, avoiding customs cost by being a warranty part? Or maybe you were supposed to get one from VF and they are royally screwing you, in which case NV will probably talk to VF I would expect. The NV team has always been pretty stand up, so I have a hard time believing they wont work something out.

TheFatBastard

@TheFatBastard
I too would expect vapefiend to make their customer happy with such a cheap part, but if you contact NV maybe they can shed some light on why you didnt get a second one and maybe even ship you out one, avoiding customs cost by being a warranty part? Or maybe you were supposed to get one from VF and they are royally screwing you, in which case NV will probably talk to VF I would expect. The NV team has always been pretty stand up, so I have a hard time believing they wont work something out.

When I bought the kit, no second handle was said to be included, so I can't demand one, it and is not that I feel like if they owe me one.

Is just that, like you said, is very easy and cheap to solve an issue on an over 400€ device that gets a 8€ part broken in a month in a half...... but I can dictate any company policy.

A problem of 8€ is not a problem :lol:

steama

When I bought the kit, no second handle was said to be included, so I can't demand one, it and is not that I feel like if they owe me one.

Is just that, like you said, is very easy and cheap to solve an issue on an over 400€ device that gets a 8€ part broken in a month in a half...... but I can dictate any company policy.

A problem of 8€ is not a problem :lol:
I would just give New Vape a call on Tuesday. New Vape people are some of the coolest people to deal with.

TheFatBastard

I would just give New Vape a call on Tuesday. New Vape people are some of the coolest people to deal with.

I didn't buy from NewVape, so I don't think is fair to complaint to Edwyn.

I already asked Vapefiend (from whom I bought) and they told me that not only the handle wasn't covered under the warranty, but that the handle was "designed to be broken if it gets stuck in the glass" (mine wasn't, BTW)

thekayo

Hey guys! Quick tip. Make sure your abv turns dark brown and make sure to stir. I sometimes get too stoned and empty the bowl and go to the next too quickly. Now that I am dry I am revaping alot of stuff at 700f with the carb cap and Im not gonna lie im still getting stoned again. where my usual temp is around 625-650f. Also~! What temp are you guys enjoying dabbing off on the showerhead? I have found around 650-685f work great for me. Let me know what you think.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey guys! Quick tip. Make sure your abv turns dark brown and make sure to stir. I sometimes get too stoned and empty the bowl and go to the next too quickly. Now that I am dry I am revaping alot of stuff at 700f with the carb cap and Im not gonna lie im still getting stoned again. where my usual temp is around 625-650f. Also~! What temp are you guys enjoying dabbing off on the showerhead? I have found around 650-685f work great for me. Let me know what you think.

Yep, there's usually going to be a few goodies left over unless you vape it really hard at higher temps. But the flavor starts to suffer at that point. If you don't want to deal with that flavor, just save it. It will all get used eventually!

I just keep all my ABV, and a couple times a year make a really big batch of infused coconut oil. Once I have my base of infused coconut oil, it can be used for a variety of things. You can use it straight in edibles, I make a homemade pain relief salve, plus many other uses.

I give little doses to a neighbor with Parkinson's. The difference it's made with him is phenomenal. He told his neurologist when they noticed the improvement, and the neurologist told him NOT to stop taking them!

I've even given very small doses of the infused coco oil to my dogs before. One had just had some teeth removed and was in horrible pain. Not long after giving a small dose of the coco oil, he finally relaxed and was able to get a little bit of rest. They are very sensitive to it, so you have to be careful and start small til you know how it affects your particular pet. I forget what my dose was at this point, but it was probably around 0.25g of the coco oil. So not much at all.

The same dog passed away of old age 4 months ago, and doses of the infused coconut oil were a very important part of our hospice routine with him.

Love ya, Rusty!

So ya, there's still plenty of good stuff in the ABV...just don't throw it away!

When I get back home after this job, I plan on making a detailed post with pictures in the Cooking with Cannabis section detailing my procedure. The infused coco oil really is Green Gold!

Never really dabbed much off my SH, but when I did I was in the low 600's.

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Good morning! Can you post a picture of this for us? I am curious to find out what happened?
I just received one handle in my kit....didn't know an extra one was supposed to be included.

PandaLee

My breakaway broke quick...I've been running the non-adjustable bowl since last September...wow - I'm near my one year anniversary on the FP!

I've been using an extra carb-cap handle as a replacement and I like it because it is longer.

tb42091

@newvape918 - I am not @TheFatBastard , but I believe this is the same issue he had, (I assume you guys know this is an issue explaining why I got a solid handle as well) and the consensus seems to be this is a common problem, and so common that this handle has been dubbed the "break away handle". Mine bent within the first day or two with only a light pull, and then a couple weeks later I barely touched it and it kinda just fell apart.

Y5dPQRA.jpg

I ordered direct from you guys though and you sent me a solid handle as well with my bowl so I'm okay, and very much appreciate the foresight!

tb42091,
Reactions: BigJr48

Alexis

Im sure @TheFatBastard (I am another one of his "representatives" lol- he pays me good too) had the solid bowl handle, which is exactly the point being raised here that it was not the breakaway handle designed to break away but the one which was not designed to do that.
And it was not an adjustabowl either but one of the older bowls with screw in handles.:)

Alexis

I don't think so @Alexis
As I understood it, @TheFatBastard had a hemp wrapped handle that broke.
I wondered what bowl he has just for clarification, because people were posting saying they received both handles with the newer bowls, but the older type bowls only come with the hemp wrapped version.
Well if this is the case then we have got into a little confusion because I thought from reading the posts which I certainly may have got completely wrong that it was ascertained that the handle was not supposed to break away as in not the breakaway handle.

I mean if it had been the breakaway handle then there would have been no question of there being a warranty or not from Vapefiend or any sort of obligation or duty for themselves or Newvape to replace it free of cost. And no way would Newvape be posting here to investigate why the handle- which is designed to break away-broke!

However this concept was raised and debated so I believe it must be the case that it was the solid handle or otherwise this discussion surely would never have happened?
Maybe my employer @TheFatBastard can confirm for us all later (he's really poplular round here everyone is talking about him when he is not around.):ko:

Oh yes, the older bowls before the adjustable version offered a choice of breakaway or solid handle at checkout.

Edit- @Pyr0 my aplolagies (potentially) I think you are correct, it sounds like it was the break away handle, hence Vapefiend saying no warranty. And the confusion appears to have Arisen from the concept itself of the breakaway handle not making much sense to some. I don't believe it was actually confirmed outright by the poster himself which handle it was for 100% definite, but does look like the break away.

In which case, no need for any investigating after all @newvape918 .

Last edited:

Alexis

Was that option of handle choice available when buying bowls from vapefiend too?
I don't remember.
I bought my solid handle separately at a later date
Good question I dont think they did offer the solid handle at the time, no mention of it even.

(So I type as I exhale my first decent hit of vapor today. Nice. I do this a lot you know- FINALLY got all tasks done, not even settled down yet as I begin to vape as if it is my oxygen been cut off! Then as I hold my hit, I reach for FC to pass the time (lol but true!) and before I think about it I am making a post somewhere, completely forgetting that I have that large hit inside of me still.)

Okay it hit me good, just one hit but cannabis tea earlier I guess. Sadly not from the Flowerpot as much as I would like that. But a nice glass alternative which is no shabby consolation. The plan was for more but not sure Im ready yet, feeling lightweight today, blame the tea!

TheFatBastard

Wow!

I see my popularity has grown lightnin' fast while I was away!!! :lol:

Good morning! Can you post a picture of this for us? I am curious to find out what happened?

@newvape918 , here you go:

img-0821-1935525.JPG

Easy to see the problem IMO....the handle is more fragile where the hole for the hemp is.

This is what I received in my FP Twax Starter Kit, no extra handle.

And this is the reply I got from Vapefiend when I asked them about the broken handle:

" I'm afraid that these parts are not covered by warranty, and the breakaway handles that come with the regular bowls are designed to do this intentionally if the bowl is stuck. This is deliberate and intended to protect glass joints from taking excess torque and shattering should this happen."

Anyway...The bowl wasn't stuck and I didn't apply any excessive torque or shattering AT ALL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom