Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

wall

Well my vrod is stuck together as well now, is the VROD a different material the the shower head and wraparound? Never had an issue with those and ever since I did the VROD it stuck to the post horribly until I got the TI one and now its sticking to itself

lasvideo

Well my vrod is stuck together as well now, is the VROD a different material the the shower head and wraparound? Never had an issue with those and ever since I did the VROD it stuck to the post horribly until I got the TI one and now its sticking to itself
Do you use a lot of concentrates? Do you regularly clean the VROD?

The VROD is SWEET! Great airflow. Even burn. Nice light vaping at 570. Im having a hard time getting used to the placement of the mouthpiece on the Stereo Matrix Flat top, though. Im used to the EVO where I can enjoy watching the vapor fill up the glass. This mouthpiece angle has me staring straight down on the glass. I guess I prefer something more off to the side. I looks like 9110 would be more my style. Will talk to Chris Monday to make sure I order the right one to work with the VROD Bundle I just got.

I just wanted to confirm that I am purchasing the correct stuff for use with the VROD Bundle . Connections and sizing wise.....

https://plus.google.com/photos/phot...90/6588626149662913426?authkey=CJjJ6MPWme22bg

Last edited by a moderator:

JCat

Accessory Maker
@NewVape710 are those xlr could going to be on the clearance section on the site soon?
What wiring were you looking for on them? I’m not sure they are d-nail wired so may need rewiring.

I bought all their adapter cables and will rewire if required and NewVape will supply me with parts for them in the future. I’ll let you know how the adapter cables came wired once I receive them and can verify.

I’m not too keen on supplying the coils since I can’t provide a warranty on the heater coils for the volume I expect to be doing, and I think it just makes more sense in this case to go with an adapter and then get warrantied stock coils from NewVape.

Zow237

What wiring were you looking for on them? I’m not sure they are d-nail wired so may need rewiring.

I bought all their adapter cables and will rewire if required and NewVape will supply me with parts for them in the future. I’ll let you know how the adapter cables came wired once I receive them and can verify.

I’m not too keen on supplying the coils since I can’t provide a warranty on the heater coils for the volume I expect to be doing, and I think it just makes more sense in this case to go with an adapter and then get warrantied stock coils from NewVape.
Just a regular 5 pin, thought that's what they bought and needed to get a bowl, wanted to kill two birds with one stone kinda deal. Don't want a vrod at all so I don't need the special coil. Can just order from auberin

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just a regular 5 pin, thought that's what they bought and needed to get a bowl, wanted to kill two birds with one stone kinda deal. Don't want a vrod at all so I don't need the special coil.
I’m not sure that is what they got based on the conversation I had with them on the phone. You should give them a call and I’m sure they could verify a coil’s wiring for you, however, it’s a “buy at your own risk” type deal ... if the coil fries, or your controller, they are not liable as they have no control over how your controller is wired ...

Edit: and “regular 5 pin” isn’t specific enough ... this implies AC power on pins 1/2, TC+ 3, TC- 4, and ground 5, but does not specify it ... only implies it as their is no “standard” although that is believed to be the most common ...

JCat

Accessory Maker
I couldn't tell ya. All I know is it's an xlr 5 pin from an auber controller
The auber’s are “standard” :)

I don’t mind working with people to do my best to ensure they get the right wiring, but like NewVape, I won’t be liable. I totally get why they want to stay out of this ... I don’t mind doing it to help out FC members ... but I also don’t do this for a living where it could negatively affect my core business.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

No, both Vrod and SH are both solid grade 2 Ti.

I noticed my Vrod stuck to my standard heat post fairly often when I first got it. However, I realized a few weeks ago that it doesn't really stick for me anymore. Every now and then it will get a little stuck, but it pops off easy enough.

Not sure what the difference is.

Do you use a lot of concentrates? Do you regularly clean the VROD?

The VROD is SWEET! Great airflow. Even burn. Nice light vaping at 570. Im having a hard time getting used to the placement of the mouthpiece on the Stereo Matrix Flat top, though. Im used to the EVO where I can enjoy watching the vapor fill up the glass. This mouthpiece angle has me staring straight down on the glass. I guess I prefer something more off to the side. I looks like 9110 would be more my style. Will talk to Chris Monday to make sure I order the right one to work with the VROD Bundle I just got.

I just wanted to confirm that I am purchasing the correct stuff for use with the VROD Bundle . Connections and sizing wise.....

https://plus.google.com/photos/phot...90/6588626149662913426?authkey=CJjJ6MPWme22bg

For the joint size, it all depends if you got a 14 or 18mm post for your Vrod bowl. Whatever joint size post you bought, get that same size joint on your glass. Or you could always buy an adapter.

lasvideo

There is no indication of the post size in the purchased item list Newvape provided with the VROD Bundle. I will just ask Chris tomorrow so Im sure to get the right stuff.

ReverendMobin

No, both Vrod and SH are both solid grade 2 Ti.

I noticed my Vrod stuck to my standard heat post fairly often when I first got it. However, I realized a few weeks ago that it doesn't really stick for me anymore. Every now and then it will get a little stuck, but it pops off easy enough.

Not sure what the difference is.

I have noticed on initial heat up that my Vrod does get stuck as well. Its just a jiggle to get it off (sometimes easier than other times). I had read that it was a problem back in the early 400 pages (still working my way through this thread :D) - I'm curious why this gets better as time goes on

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I have noticed on initial heat up that my Vrod does get stuck as well. Its just a jiggle to get it off (sometimes easier than other times). I had read that it was a problem back in the early 400 pages (still working my way through this thread :D) - I'm curious why this gets better as time goes on

Ya, I'm curious if other Vrod owners have noticed their Vrod getting stuck to the heating post less often as time goes on. Or if it's just me and something I'm doing.

I try to consciously set the Vrod flat on the post and not at an angle. It's slightly larger than the post, so it will always sit at a slight angle with the weight of the coil handle.

And if I'm really on the ball, I just take the Vrod off the post and put it back on during the initial heat up. That seems to stop it before it even happens.

And if it does get stuck, I gently hold the base of the stand to keep it steady, and apply light upward pressure from the coil handle, as close to the bowl as I can. This puts the least amount of stress on your coil, and all your force is going in the right direction to free it.

Stonocrates

The heat post sticking is caused by thermal expansion of the post. It was really bad for my VRod, I wound up bending my coil slightly trying to work it free. The Titanium heat post doesn't suffer from this problem, and until mine arrived, I avoided it by propping the handle of the coil up so the head didn't rest at an angle on the post.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Cheers, FlowerPot people! :wave:
I am new to thread and thanks to @Hogni (you horrible VAS-producing Satan), I feel the irresistible need to buy myself one of those devices that you all love so much. Plan is to vape weed and isolates with it.

Which shop within the EU (incl. UK) would you guys recommend me for my purchase? Vapefiend?
What accessories are a 'must have' for my purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance! :tup:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
The heat post sticking is caused by thermal expansion of the post. It was really bad for my VRod, I wound up bending my coil slightly trying to work it free. The Titanium heat post doesn't suffer from this problem, and until mine arrived, I avoided it by propping the handle of the coil up so the head didn't rest at an angle on the post.

Yep, I initially found the perfect sized jar to put under the handle. It kept it perfectly level and took care of the issue 100%.

But I haven't used that jar in the past month, and haven't been having the issues I initially had. Still using the standard post too. I was going to buy the Ti post next time I picked something up from NV to save on shipping, but eventually felt I didn't need it.

Still not sure what changed, or if I just know how to deal with it better now and it doesn't bother me. Idk.

Edit:

Cheers, FlowerPot people! :wave:
I am new to thread and thanks to @Hogni (you horrible VAS-producing Satan), I feel the irresistible need to buy myself one of those devices that you all love so much. Plan is to vape weed and isolates with it.

Which shop within the EU (incl. UK) would you guys recommend me for my purchase? Vapefiend?
What accessories are a 'must have' for my purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance! :tup:

Definitely get the double weave Ti screens, much better than the others.

I echo @Hogni's advice, get the Auber controller from VF since they sell the Vrod coils wired to the Dnail standard. Will give you more options down the road.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Satan's reply to @Dynavaper 's inquiry:
If you aren't so much in trates the SH is the better choice. You'll probably use it 95% with herbs and 5% with CBD isolate. Flowers are aesome with the SH and isolates are vapourizing at once even on the ti dish of the SH without nearly no remains and difference of taste (there is no taste)

Vapefiend is up to now the onyl retailer in Europe so far as I know. The only concern I have is to buy the NV controller. It's ok for sure but you are forced to buy only NV coils cause of it's special wiring. So I'd recommand you to buy an Auber rdk 300 controller in the US and a 220v D-Nail wired 20mm barrel coil at VP aside of all other NV stuff.

But probably the concentrate ship lands more often at Germany's coasts. If you want to be prepared for that buy the V-Rod with the 28mm NV SiC dish at VF. Obviosuly nearly no difference in perfomance with herbs to the SH but a much better one with trates.

Fuck it! A lot to translate and write ( Especially after 4 Pastis and 4 Gin Tonic!) Why don't you just ask me for that at phone??

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I just realised AFTER our conversation that I might be in desperate need for that device... ;)
But we now clearly have a topic for our next conversation! Dishes, Rods, Coils... A new world of things that I obviously have to learn about! :rockon::tup::clap:

Top Bottom