Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

thekayo

This guy has been for years...
Based at Portland, OR.
If you go to the Glass threads you'll find a lot of info about them.
I have a couple friends that own them.
Very expensive and not that worthy in my opinion.
They stack lots of bubbles, but takes flavor and they are kind of hard to clean too...
The guy that makes them is an old school grumpy glassblower, that's still trying or did patent the use of fritted discs on water tools...
Fritted discs exist way before someone used them for smoking, they are used for several chemical, food and different factories, as filtration of all kinds....
Stay vaped...

Thanks for giving me this really negative take on it haha. Now i can save my hard earned dollars lol. Any fancy glass? right now i use a 12" Tall triple turbine perk bong. I find the filtration to be good. Very nice for multi use. twax ect. My biggest complaint the internal volume. Interested to see what other people are using or what other people would be using if money was no option.
K2021GD.jpeg

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Interested to see what other people are using or what other people would be using if money was no option.

Here's my knock-off Sheldon Black bubbler that I got from DHGate. I did up buying the Sheldon Black mouthpiece to go with it, but I also have an adapter to replace it with a silicone whip for more chill sessions as well. It's small but does the trick for me.

2mriosz.jpg

15qatrm.jpg

(sorry for the crappy quality, my camera has dust behind the lens)

tb42091

Hi again!
2 Questions;

1st one:
For those who use both the Wrap-Around for concentrates and the ShowerHead for Flowers, what are your favorite temperatures for both?

Also, I don't know about you but I quite dislike the WA as far as Flowers only and even Twaxing, I find the WA to give rather un-uniform Flower vaporization, with the edges of the inside bowl a much lighter color than the rest of the Bowl. Which, when compared to the ShowerHead, is rather a nuisance.

For this reason alone, I much prefer doing capped Twax hits from my ShowerHead than my Wrap-Around...
Am I alone who feels this way?

Second Question:
I was wondering if there are other FP users who are Lefties?
(I grab the FP withe my left and leave the bong on the table. For Flower I use my Left for the FP and right to Hold the Bowl to "Unstick" them.
For Concentrates, Left for FP, then dab with Left and Cap with the Right hand.)

I'd also be interested in seeing how you've arranged your FP "Station". (I'll try and borrow a Camera to get one of mine, I apologize for not providing one of my own to get the ball rolling, but I'm missing a piece for my older digital camera and my phone one was broken (even more than it was before...).
I'll try to get a picture in ASAP...

Thanks Guys/Gals?
No Wrap around but on the showerhead with the ti bowl my favorite temps are 600-620 capped for flower. But I can cap flower hits all the way up to about 720 or 740 before combusting. Insanely fast extraction in the ti bowl at 710 capped, really dark AVB too. In the glass bowl I'm up at 780 and getting pretty good hits, though I suspect I could go higher.

I am a lefty! Though ambitextrous to a point, so doing any of the motions with the FP with either hand isn't an issue. A pic of my vape spot is below, I usually have my volcano perched up there too but I recently had an apartment inspection and while I am in CO the national management company seems to not be fucking around about their MJ clause (first time I've seen anyone actually care here in 6 years) so things are more put away then normal. The way its pictured below, I load the bowl with the loading tool, put the showerhead on with my left hand, then the cap the the left, then I hold the piece with my right and hit it while moving the showerhead around to ensure even coverage. Then use my left to pull the carb plug, and leave the head up there if I need to finish it off, and take another hit, rotating the head until the vapor is whispy, when I remove the cap with my right, put the head on the stand with my left, pull the plug with my left and put the cap back.
85vAmDX.jpg

To the left is a 6 inch inline fan on a controller at about 300CFM with a carbon scrubber for smells and HEPA filter for the smoke from all the wildfires. Got walking pneumonia last year from the air quality being so bad for so long. Had the carbon scrubber/fan in storage from when I used to grow so after my building got notices that there were complaints of MJ smell I was like fuck it I'll make sure I have no problems.

Edit: please tell me if you cant see the pic, its showing up in my desktop but not mobile

Last edited:
tb42091,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Here's my knock-off Sheldon Black bubbler that I got from DHGate. I did up buying the Sheldon Black mouthpiece to go with it, but I also have an adapter to replace it with a silicone whip for more chill sessions as well. It's small but does the trick for me.

2mriosz.jpg

15qatrm.jpg

(sorry for the crappy quality, my camera has dust behind the lens)

What's up??
Where at Oregon??
Does the handle get hot because of being too close to the VRod??
Stay vaped...

Thanks for giving me this really negative take on it haha. Now i can save my hard earned dollars lol. Any fancy glass? right now i use a 12" Tall triple turbine perk bong. I find the filtration to be good. Very nice for multi use. twax ect. My biggest complaint the internal volume. Interested to see what other people are using or what other people would be using if money was no option.
K2021GD.jpeg

Fanciest I have is a Clear Matrix by Mobius, a Felazi recycler, an OG IGG Swagger HT with 2 opals, an SGW Waffle bub and the rest is mid range, or chinese glass...
Clear Matrix by Mobius pairs really well with heavy hitter desktops...
I posted a video of that pair a couple pages back...
Stay vaped...

Last edited by a moderator:

KingSol

Ok so I went to the post office this morning and raised hell, and guess what??? The supervisor didn't give two shits. They couldn't even find my package or get in contact with the driver (allegedly). I carried on about how it was a medical device (well it is isn't it?:brow:) and how I was supposed to have it yesterday, she didn't care. I cried about how much pain i was in (Broken heart because no flowerpot:brow:, hey I didn't exactly lie) she didn't care. They took my phone number, had me go home and wait for a phone call or delivery, guaranteeing me it would be delivered today. I waited all day losing sleep (work nights) & finally couldn't keep my eyes open anymore & fell asleep around 5pm. At 6: 30pm my bell rings like crazy. I barely crawl to the door angry as hell with no sleep to see a postman and All anger went right out the window. I opened door, no small talk. I took my package..... mumbled thank you, closed my door and got my last hour and a half of sleep. Now I sit here at work, 5am NYC time with 3 hours to go. I can't wait to get home. I decided to not change my original order of the showerhead and will just get the Vrod later. I have a few questions for the gang that I hope can be answered.
What is the difference between the shovelhead and panhead?
Is the Dnail Sic only for Vrod only?
What's the deal with the wraparounds? Can they be used with a Showerhead?
When I upgrade to Vrod and get a Dnail Sic, is the wraparound a must have?
Can the Dnail sick be used with the Showerhead? I thought I saw that answered already but can't find it now.
Can the glass bowls be used with both tops? And what carb cap do you guys use for the glass bowls.
Sorry, I'm trying to catch up but I'm only up to page 65 and the thread continues evolving insanely fast, big ups to @NewVape710 And thanks for all help guys.

KingSol,
Reactions: JCat

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Congrats! Seem to be a lot of confusion causing such an amount of open questions. Perhaps you should read the NV FAQ first.

1. forget all about the WA. The VRod is the optimized successor of the WA. If you don't need best performance you can just use the WA head on the SH nut.
2. differences of Shovelhead and Panhead are design only.
3. SiC dishes are for WA and VRod only
4. All bowls can be used with all tops
5. Carb caps depend on used heads only

TheFatBastard

Hey guys!

I have been experimenting with the FP SH, and sincerely, I think I still haven't found the sweet spot to make the experience way better than with the Extreme EQ.

I mean, I think the FP extracts very well, but I can't get very different effects than I used to get with the Extreme EQ. I usually can take 2 hits, maybe 3, of a bowl (enough bud to cover the full screen), and if I entirely fill the bowl, can do like 4 hits, but as I said, nothing I can't achieve with the Extreme EQ with the DDave mod and couple of hits more.

I'm doing 600c, though I tried 650/666 (too much harsh for my throath, also not so good tasting) and lower temps like 500/550c (not so good extraction, tastier hits), I tries capped, uncapped, diferent draw speeds....

Don't get me wrong, the FP SH works right, is just that I don't find such a difference with the Extreme EQ, also, a lot of people say that you can get really high with just 3/4 draws, full extraction of a couple of bowls...and I don't get that "intensity" from the FP, indeed, yesterday I turned on the Extreme EQ and the performance wasn't far away from the FP.

I don't get that "monster hits" that get you instantly high like much of the people here have related.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Hey guys!

I have been experimenting with the FP SH, and sincerely, I think I still haven't found the sweet spot to make the experience way better than with the Extreme EQ.

I mean, I think the FP extracts very well, but I can't get very different effects than I used to get with the Extreme EQ. I usually can take 2 hits, maybe 3, of a bowl (enough bud to cover the full screen), and if I entirely fill the bowl, can do like 4 hits, but as I said, nothing I can't achieve with the Extreme EQ with the DDave mod and couple of hits more.

I'm doing 600c, though I tried 650/666 (too much harsh for my throath, also not so good tasting) and lower temps like 500/550c (not so good extraction, tastier hits), I tries capped, uncapped, diferent draw speeds....

Don't get me wrong, the FP SH works right, is just that I don't find such a difference with the Extreme EQ, also, a lot of people say that you can get really high with just 3/4 draws, full extraction of a couple of bowls...and I don't get that "intensity" from the FP, indeed, yesterday I turned on the Extreme EQ and the performance wasn't far away from the FP.

I don't get that "monster hits" that get you instantly high like much of the people here have related.

What grinder are you using? Try getting a little finer grind if you want more of the monster one hitter bowls. A fine grind really does allow the vape to extract even quicker. If you're using a 3 or 4 piece grinder, just turn the grinder upside down and keep grinding to get it finer.

I'm not sure why you're not getting those monster hits with the SH. It delivers some of the densest, tastiest hits I've ever had from a vape. It truly allows you to take flower hits that look like monster dabs.

Set the SH to 727 and load just enough to fully cover the screen. Make sure you're using a fine grind. Do NOT use the carb cap. Inhale with a medium fast to fast draw speed. You should get some dense clouds that resemble a bong hit.

Are you definitely starting with high quality herb?

TheFatBastard

Sounds just like the Ex EQ is also a good vape. Did you try your FP with preheated bowls (w/o herbs while preheating)?

The EQ is a pretty good tool, I've learned to use it through the years, and also, feels "familiar" to me, but I'm sure the FP can improve the experience.

And yes, I've tried preheated bowls.

What grinder are you using? Try getting a little finer grind if you want more of the monster one hitter bowls. A fine grind really does allow the vape to extract even quicker. If you're using a 3 or 4 piece grinder, just turn the grinder upside down and keep grinding to get it finer.

I'm not sure why you're not getting those monster hits with the SH. It delivers some of the densest, tastiest hits I've ever had from a vape. It truly allows you to take flower hits that look like monster dabs.

Set the SH to 727 and load just enough to fully cover the screen. Make sure you're using a fine grind. Do NOT use the carb cap. Inhale with a medium fast to fast draw speed. You should get some dense clouds that resemble a bong hit.

Are you definitely starting with high quality herb?

Yeah, I have a pretty fine grinder.

Temperatures over 650....I find the hits to be too much "harsh", maybe I'll try again these temperatures tonight, but mostly people seems to be happy around 600/620.

For me, a real nice and big psychedelic high is more importante than clouds or taste, FWIW.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For me, a real nice and big psychedelic high is more importante than clouds or taste, FWIW.

That seems more related to strain and tolerance, but try crushing the whole bowl in one rip if you want a face melter! 777 degrees was always the ticket for me and others. It won't be harsher or taste worse if you're ramping up your draw right.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@TheFatBastard

I see you used C for your temp, do you mean F?
If you have your controller set to Celsius, then you are way too got.

I run mine at 325 Celsius, around 620 Fahrenheit.
Use a fine grind, an EQ basket for micro loads, no carb cap and you should be blowing monster clouds with ease! This is my one hit monster set up! I only load about 0,05 to maybe 0,1 per hit.

When you grind up your herb, first start grinding with the grinder upside down to get a finer grind.

It is also very dependant on the quality of your herb! This could be the biggest hurdle any vape faces, quality in equally quality out.

One of the biggest issues I have with the SH is that it is very sensitive to your draw rate since it is so open. Takes some people a while to control their inhale speed and when to speed up or stop.

There should be no comparison between the SH and the EQ.

tb42091

Yeah the flowerpot has much more potential IMO than the EQ once you get it down.

Not sure why you guys are recommending no carb cap though. IIRC Edwyn even said at the cannabis cup they used the carb caps to basically make everyone's draw speed uniform. So until you get draw speed figured out why not use that? Also I notice I get much larger hits with the cap.

Last edited:

maxymods

Yeah the flowerpot has much more potential IMO than the EQ once you get it down.

Not sure why you guys are recommending no carb cap though. IIRC Edwyn even said at the cannabis cup they used the carb caps to basically make everyone's draw speed uniform. So until you get draw speed figured out why not use that? Also I notice I get much larger hits with the cap.
I notice I get much closer to combustion with the carb cap. I run my vrod around 660 (got it to Tuesday and am loving it so far!) and it seems perfect temp for dabs and flower with no carb cap but if I do vape flower with the cap on it ends up black rather than brown so I don’t consider it as much of a vaping experience. I’m sure if I lowered my temp for flower the carb cap would make it a better experience but for now I almost always am doing both so if I’m just vaping flower and want a nice vaped bowl without changing temp and no carb cap it works perfectly. Of course I need to do more experimenting with lower temps and the carb cap to see what I prefer but thatsbjust my thoughts on Carb vs no carb

TheFatBastard

That seems more related to strain and tolerance, but try crushing the whole bowl in one rip if you want a face melter! 777 degrees was always the ticket for me and others. It won't be harsher or taste worse if you're ramping up your draw right.

I'll try that, though as I said, I tried 700 and the bud became almost black and the taste was not that good.

@TheFatBastard

I see you used C for your temp, do you mean F?
If you have your controller set to Celsius, then you are way too got.

I run mine at 325 Celsius, around 620 Fahrenheit.
Use a fine grind, an EQ basket for micro loads, no carb cap and you should be blowing monster clouds with ease! This is my one hit monster set up! I only load about 0,05 to maybe 0,1 per hit.

When you grind up your herb, first start grinding with the grinder upside down to get a finer grind.

It is also very dependant on the quality of your herb! This could be the biggest hurdle any vape faces, quality in equally quality out.

One of the biggest issues I have with the SH is that it is very sensitive to your draw rate since it is so open. Takes some people a while to control their inhale speed and when to speed up or stop.

There should be no comparison between the SH and the EQ.

I'm definitely sure it came set in Farenheit, sorry for the mistake with the C in temperatures.I never touched or configured the enail, just "plug and play".

I will try the EQ baskets today.

You pack the basket? I mean, like, "packing the bowl" in the EQ, or just fill it and put inside the FP bowl?

tb42091

I notice I get much closer to combustion with the carb cap. I run my vrod around 660 (got it to Tuesday and am loving it so far!) and it seems perfect temp for dabs and flower with no carb cap but if I do vape flower with the cap on it ends up black rather than brown so I don’t consider it as much of a vaping experience. I’m sure if I lowered my temp for flower the carb cap would make it a better experience but for now I almost always am doing both so if I’m just vaping flower and want a nice vaped bowl without changing temp and no carb cap it works perfectly. Of course I need to do more experimenting with lower temps and the carb cap to see what I prefer but thatsbjust my thoughts on Carb vs no carb
Yeah I'm not a fan of my avb coming out black either. Seems like people on reddit especially obsessed with dynavap are convinced that you need to see white ash for combustion to have happened, but wouldn't the black color indicate carbon which would indicate combustion?

@TheFatBastard - so am I understanding this right, you are more concerned about high than taste/clouds? And you want a more energizing, psychedelic high? Lower the temp. I think we have all been giving you advice on clouds , but at the higher temps the high becomes more sedating and narcotic like IMO.

Has anyone ever put an inline temp gauge before/after the bowl? I think that would really take the flowerpot to the next level having a table to reference on what controller temp produces what air temp at screen level. Use max draw with the carb cap on so draw speed is somewhat standardized.

TheFatBastard

@TheFatBastard - so am I understanding this right, you are more concerned about high than taste/clouds? And you want a more energizing, psychedelic high? Lower the temp. I think we have all been giving you advice on clouds , but at the higher temps the high becomes more sedating and narcotic like IMO.

Has anyone ever put an inline temp gauge before/after the bowl? I think that would really take the flowerpot to the next level having a table to reference on what controller temp produces what air temp at screen level. Use max draw with the carb cap on so draw speed is somewhat standardized.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.Maybe I'm more inclinated to lower temperatures (I run the EQ from 180c to 195c) and the kind of high these temperatures deliver.

I can get very nice clouds with the EQ at that temperatures (as I said, using the DDave Mod), so I'm looking for a better performance of the FP delivering nice and fast highs with not so much puffs.

I tried 500 at the FP and got nice hits, but if I wanted good clouds, I had to use the carb cap.

TheFatBastard,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I was actually hoping to do that but I saw when they posted the 28mm dish it says "Only fits NewVape V Rod FlowerPot Vrod Rev C" so I don't think that combination would necessarily work
It’ll work. I know that’s what it says ... because they don’t want people buying it to go with the WAs for instance. I spoke to Edwyn about this specifically on the phone though ...

@NewVape710 ... maybe you could chime in on what would be the appropriate parts for a flat coil enail setup with the NV 28.5mm SiC dish including a carb cap?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'll try that, though as I said, I tried 700 and the bud became almost black and the taste was not that good.

If you do it right you won't get that at all, I can rip at 777F and get ABV the same color as 500 just by adjusting my draw strength.

That low temp high is mostly material related in my experience though. The FP is most celebrated for its bong hit style rips. It does that low temp sativa high well too but it's not as dramatically better as other vapes than its ability to crush a bowl in one draw.

tb42091

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.Maybe I'm more inclinated to lower temperatures (I run the EQ from 180c to 195c) and the kind of high these temperatures deliver.

I can get very nice clouds with the EQ at that temperatures (as I said, using the DDave Mod), so I'm looking for a better performance of the FP delivering nice and fast highs with not so much puffs.

I tried 500 at the FP and got nice hits, but if I wanted good clouds, I had to use the carb cap.
So IMO the carb cap doesnt just reduce draw speed but it reduces the amount of heat lost in the air path as you draw which creates a higher and more consistent temp in the chamber.

If you crank up the temp to 700+ and still want the lower temp highs, don't use the cap and play around with draw speed. The faster you draw the lower the temp so you can still manage lower temp hits at 700, you just have to increase draw speed. Extraction speed ramps up too then.

It definitely takes some practice/technique to find your personal preference but I like the FP because it's so versatile. I think low temp, consistent hits are the only thing it isn't the best/easiest device for. At least until someone gets an inline temp reading.

tb42091,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
maybe you could chime in on what would be the appropriate parts for a flat coil enail setup with the NV 28.5mm SiC dish including a carb cap?

I suggested a MACOR base to Edwyn for a flat coil setup without any fears from heat transfer to the joint like titanium. Got my fingers crossed for that, would love to pair my SiC Halo with an all glass/ceramic air path!

Blargas541

It’ll work. I know that’s what it says ... because they don’t want people buying it to go with the WAs for instance. I spoke to Edwyn about this specifically on the phone though ...

@NewVape710 ... maybe you could chime in on what would be the appropriate parts for a flat coil enail setup with the NV 28.5mm SiC dish including a carb cap?

Great, thanks for the info!

@NewVape710 I would also be curious to know what size flat coil is required? I have seen many different sizes

Blargas541,

lazylathe

Almost there...

I'm definitely sure it came set in Farenheit, sorry for the mistake with the C in temperatures.I never touched or configured the enail, just "plug and play".

I will try the EQ baskets today.

You pack the basket? I mean, like, "packing the bowl" in the EQ, or just fill it and put inside the FP bowl?

The EQ bowl should fit and then I just drop some bud in and go, never tamp it down.

Carb cap adds more heat as it slows your draw down. Almost black ABV...

tb42091

The EQ bowl should fit and then I just drop some bud in and go, never tamp it down.

Carb cap adds more heat as it slows your draw down. Almost black ABV...
Depends on your temp, but the draw speed change is why I would recommend using it until you get the hang of the draw speed you like. Takes one more variable out of the equation as far as why it's not producing what they expected.

tb42091,
Top Bottom