Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

btka

Well, I already received my FP SH and last night I tried it for the first time.

Remember I’m coming from an Arizer EQ V-Tower, so this is my initial thoughts about the experience with the FP:

Set the temperature to 650, which I thought is a nice temperature for extraction efficiency and taste. Put just enough flowers to cover the screen inthe bowl.First draw was slow and used the Carb Cap.

Wow! Huge rip, barely could keep it in my loungs for more than 3 seconds.Did a second draw and the flowers were cashed out, even turning a lottle to dark brown/black.

The flavour is way different to the EQ.Less “green”, I find a bit of more “metalic” taste, not bad, just different.

With two draws I could feel the effects clearly, nice high, just 3 or 4 minutes to get there.

Put some more herbs this time, and I was able to do 4 long draws and the herb was consistely brown, but still had something to extract.Big clouds, but not so intense as I was expecting....better clouds than with the V-Tower + the DDave Mod, but not an impressing difference, so I’m suspecting still have to improve my technique with the FP.

Refilled the bowl for a 3rd try and I was able to do just a couple of draws, then I was way relaxed and fell semi-sleep at the couch :zzz:

Nice experience, the FP hits hard and I guess it can get you wherever you want to go with 3 or 4 rips, though i find the flavour “funny”, remember I’m coming from an V-Tower, so that’s my only reference.

Guess I have to play a little more with the temperatures and improve my draw technique to get better results.

I’m happy with the purchase, but I admit I was expecting something more spectacular after all I’ve read here.Guess it is just a matter of experimenting more and adapting, as I said, so, if you have any indications for tonight session with the FP, please enlight me :myday:
I use my fp sh between 750 and 770f without carb cap and a faster draw fills my glass in 5 sec with nice vapor.... I would suggest more experimenting... I also like to use the eq arizer basket screens (especially for microdosing)....

LabPong

I’m happy with the purchase, but I admit I was expecting something more spectacular after all I’ve read here.Guess it is just a matter of experimenting more and adapting, as I said, so, if you have any indications for tonight session with the FP, please enlight me :myday:

Ditch the Ti bowls....get a glass bowl for flavor boosting! You will be impressed then.

tb42091

Got in my EQ screens today, with a little push they fit in the 18mm Male bowl pretty well, only going in slightly and leaving room around the edges so air hits all sides. Makes one hitters perfect! Won't have my glass bowls for a couple weeks though.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Will the vrod fit a 20mm mini nail coil?
I doubt it ... the coil is pretty specific.

You’ll need to have an adapter cable made or buy an NV coil and cut off/replace the end likely.

NV will also be stocking standard XLR coils, so if you can by a mini XLR to standard adapter that would work too

LabPong

I use my glass bowl but not as much as my adjustabowl. I love the glass for its taste and flavor qualities. I love my Ti adjustabowl with a double weave screen for the outstanding airflow and the taste and flavor is excellent too.

Yea....if you use the glass bowls that have built in glass screens with holes or flower pedal types...they will have a lot of restriction compared to the stock Ti bowls.

But if you use a glass bowl with no glass screen elements in it...and just use a normal SS or Ti screen, you will have that free flowing air again. Plus easier to keep clean and stir and you can do smaller one hitter amounts or fill it up if wanted.

No reason to give up airflow or taste with a NewVape.

I use my Elev8r bowl (has some resistance because of the pinched airpath below the screen), but most of the time the simple and very cheap 18/14mm adapter with SS screen. The adapter bowl is just a flowing as the stock Ti bowls I find. I just can't deal with the irritation and taste of the Ti bowl and just using this simple piece of glass made my flowerpot work awesome. I would not use it if I only had the stock bowl setup.

stockModed_zpshgegog2i.jpg

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Will the vrod fit a 20mm mini nail coil?

The vrod is designed for clockwise wraped 20mm coils. The reason for this is we have machined a mating helical surface in the top part of the head. This ramp feature mates up to the helical coil for improved heat transfer.

The Vrod head should work on any 20mm coil that is wound in a clockwise rotation.

To date we've not been ask to produce a counter clockwise version.

Hope this helps.

vrod_ramp.jpg

vrodminushole-2.jpg

Likes2vape

The vrod is designed for clockwise wraped 20mm coils. The reason for this is we have machined a mating helical surface in the top part of the head. This ramp feature mates up to the helical coil for improved heat transfer.

The Vrod head should work on any 20mm coil that is wound in a clockwise rotation.

To date we've not been ask to produce a counter clockwise version.

Hope this helps.

vrod_ramp.jpg

vrodminushole-2.jpg
I’ll be the first to ask then!! Can you make a vrod head for coils wound counter clockwise? Would kill all the noise about being able to use other coils.

TheFatBastard

Well guys, had my second night with the Flowerpot, I know it is an amazing device, but still have to make some adjustment to my technique / temps I guess.

I get BIG clouds with the temp at 650, also tried 600 and big clouds too...but the rips gave me sore throat.Also, I was really stoned after 6 hits....

The herbs were dark brown in a couple of hits (I usually put like, I don't know, maybe 0.1 /0.2fr, just to cover the bottom of the bowl), then, Ire filled the bowl.

Maybe I should try lower temperatures and play with the carb cap.....500 or 550. Again, remember that I come from an Arizer EQ and I've never smoked in my life (well, maybe 4/5 times...).

What am I aiming for? Nice rips with nice flavour, no sore throat and a psychedelic high more than get "stoned" in 3 rips.

Do I have to play with the temperature for different effects, as I did with the V-Tower (180 more brain, psychedelic high, over 200 for relax and get sleepy, etc...)????

Also, I have to try the EQ screens.But I guess if I "pack the bowl" I'll be using pretty much the same amount that I'm using in the bowl right now....which is the improvement of using the EQ baskets?

Cheers!

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Well guys, had my second night with the Flowerpot, I know it is an amazing device, but still have to make some adjustment to my technique / temps I guess.

I get BIG clouds with the temp at 650, also tried 600 and big clouds too...but the rips gave me sore throat.Also, I was really stoned after 6 hits....

The herbs were dark brown in a couple of hits (I usually put like, I don't know, maybe 0.1 /0.2fr, just to cover the bottom of the bowl), then, Ire filled the bowl.

Maybe I should try lower temperatures and play with the carb cap.....500 or 550. Again, remember that I come from an Arizer EQ and I've never smoked in my life (well, maybe 4/5 times...).

What am I aiming for? Nice rips with nice flavour, no sore throat and a psychedelic high more than get "stoned" in 3 rips.

Do I have to play with the temperature for different effects, as I did with the V-Tower (180 more brain, psychedelic high, over 200 for relax and get sleepy, etc...)????

Also, I have to try the EQ screens.But I guess if I "pack the bowl" I'll be using pretty much the same amount that I'm using in the bowl right now....which is the improvement of using the EQ baskets?

Cheers!

Are you using the carb cap with flowers every time? Also, there is considerable difference between 600 and 650 IMHO. 650 hits would eventually give me a sore throat for sure, definitely if they were capped. 630 and lower, every 5 or 10 degrees makes huge differences on my lungs.

For flower, I wouldnt use the standard carp cap unless I was in the 500's.

Using an EQ basket would direct the hot air more, I think they would probably enable you to drop temp slightly.

Basically, I'd try going for the minimum temp you can whilst still getting the effects you want.

TheFatBastard

Are you using the carb cap with flowers every time? Also, there is considerable difference between 600 and 650 IMHO. 650 hits would eventually give me a sore throat for sure, definitely if they were capped. 630 and lower, every 5 or 10 degrees makes huge differences on my lungs.

For flower, I wouldnt use the standard carp cap unless I was in the 500's.

Using an EQ basket would direct the hot air more, I think they would probably enable you to drop temp slightly.

Basically, I'd try going for the minimum temp you can whilst still getting the effects you want.

Thnaks! That's pretty much what I was thinking.I'll try 500 tonight and check the color of the herbs after a couple hits, to check extraction.

When talking about using the EQ screens, you mean "packing" the basket, full- filling it, right?

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Thnaks! That's pretty much what I was thinking.I'll try 500 tonight and check the color of the herbs after a couple hits, to check extraction.

When talking about using the EQ screens, you mean "packing" the basket, full- filling it, right?

the Flowerpot Variables

1) Warm up time
Start by letting the head heat completely up for 5 min (you can adjust this later). Having repeatable results begin with allowing consistent pre heat time for the head. Some people leave there FP on all day, and others use it as soon as the numbers hit. You can adjust the warm up time to best suit you later.

2) Temp
For flower I like to barely cover the screen and use 625 - 635 without the cap.

3) Draw strength
Varies for each person. Just remember the slower the air moves thru the head the hotter it will be when it hits the flower. I recomend slow to medium draw strength. Eventually you will settle into a temp and draw speed that best suits you.

4) type of Glass
18mm rigs are different than 14mm rigs. The size of the pipe also matters as the dead air must be removed from the pipe prior to vapor being produced. Smaller lungs work better with smaller pipes.

IMO once proper set there should be minimum to no coughing and absolutely no throat irritations.

It's most likely going to take a week of constant use to settle into your best routine.

We are all here to help you.

TheFatBastard

the Flowerpot Variables

1) Warm up time
Start by letting the head heat completely up for 5 min (you can adjust this later). Having repeatable results begin with allowing consistent pre heat time for the head. Some people leave there FP on all day, and others use it as soon as the numbers hit. You can adjust the warm up time to best suit you later.

2) Temp
For flower I like to barely cover the screen and use 625 - 635 without the cap.

3) Draw strength
Varies for each person. Just remember the slower the air moves thru the head the hotter it will be when it hits the flower. I recomend slow to medium draw strength. Eventually you will settle into a temp and draw speed that best suits you.

4) type of Glass
18mm rigs are different than 14mm rigs. The size of the pipe also matters as the dead air must be removed from the pipe prior to vapor being produced. Smaller lungs work better with smaller pipes.

IMO once proper set there should be minimum to no coughing and absolutely no throat irritations.

It's most likely going to take a week of constant use to settle into your best routine.

We are all here to help you.

Thanks Edwyn! Is awesome to see you interacting and helping with the clients/FP users here

Yeah, I was playing with the draw strenght /temperature.

Have to say, I just tried one rip at 500, no carb cap, slow hit like I used to do with the Extreme Q and the flavour is waaay better.Also, no sore throat, though I didn't get such a big dense cloud like when I was on 650 and carb cap.

I bought the Flowerpot because I think is the best and, very important, very flexible device, so I'm mainly searching for that psychedelic / brain high to hear and write music, not to get melted in thecouch (tho I love that from time to time too!). Of course I know strains has a lot to do with that, but, any tips about the FP in that direction would be really appreciated.

LabPong

Have to say, I just tried one rip at 500, no carb cap, slow hit like I used to do with the Extreme Q and the flavour is waaay better.Also, no sore throat, though I didn't get such a big dense cloud like when I was on 650 and carb cap.

I am somewhat sensitive and can't do the higher temps....but I think you might be in the same boat as me there.

I am usually at 580-600 uncapped. If I go over that....it feels too hot unless I throw some kief in the load. I mix it in with the flower and find it gives me some good dreamy head effects.....though can be slightly hard on the throat after several draws. I suggest trying 550 for minimum temp starting point.

Take your time as Edwyn said to get an understanding of this vape with what ever water piece you are using. Once you get the draw speed and duration right with what ever temps your using......you will be quite satisfied with the vape.

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Thanks Edwyn! Is awesome to see you interacting and helping with the clients/FP users here

Yeah, I was playing with the draw strenght /temperature.

I bought the Flowerpot because I think is the best and, very important, very flexible device, so I'm mainly searching for that psychedelic / brain high to hear and write music, not to get melted in thecouch (tho I love that from time to time too!). Of course I know strains has a lot to do with that, but, any tips about the FP in that direction would be really appreciated.

here's some techniques that have been tossed around here on FC

perhaps on of them might get the creative juices flowing.
- sativa
- small rosin single dab on sic dish set to 600 no cap
- twax rosin and flower
- using a double weave screen add a small dab to your flower and try a convection twax hit.
- reduce the heat to 450-500 and let the head sit on top of the flower for 60 sec. pre heating the flower.

cascades

Yea....if you use the glass bowls that have built in glass screens with holes or flower pedal types...they will have a lot of restriction compared to the stock Ti bowls.

But if you use a glass bowl with no glass screen elements in it...and just use a normal SS or Ti screen, you will have that free flowing air again. Plus easier to keep clean and stir and you can do smaller one hitter amounts or fill it up if wanted.

No reason to give up airflow or taste with a NewVape.

I use my Elev8r bowl (has some resistance because of the pinched airpath below the screen), but most of the time the simple and very cheap 18/14mm adapter with SS screen. The adapter bowl is just a flowing as the stock Ti bowls I find. I just can't deal with the irritation and taste of the Ti bowl and just using this simple piece of glass made my flowerpot work awesome. I would not use it if I only had the stock bowl setup.

stockModed_zpshgegog2i.jpg

Does NewVape have any plans to increase the % of the vapor path of their product that can be glass? I've noticed a new glass bowl. is there some reason more glass couldn't be added?

Last edited by a moderator:
cascades,
Reactions: JCat

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Does NewVape have any plans to increase the % of the vapor path of their product that can be glass? I've noticed a new glass bowl. is there some reason more glass couldn't be added?

I've not yet been impressed with the consistent tolerances associated with hand blown glass. I suppose i'm not a blown away yet. I've searched high and low for a USA glass blower to discuss tolerances with. This forum has produced a china supplier that we are currently working with. I'm far from thrilled about the quality of the bowl as it currently is. Please remember that we are a machine shop first. I'm proud that we can currently say the entire vapor path is made with certified grade 2 titanium melted and machined in the USA. I'm also committed to make the flowerpot the best vaporizer on the market regardless of materials. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear about them. I've also never actually seen or personally spoken with anyone associated with machinable quartz. I've researched that and actually purchased some sample material. I hope this answers your question.

tb42091

Okay, was using the regular screens and murdering flower. Now with the EQ screens, using my mg scale I measured and I'm using 25-50mg of flower per hit usually and getting one long pull out of my 12" bong. I could put more but I'm liking the fresh taste on each pull. I always was a sucker for snaps.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've not yet been impressed with the consistent tolerances associated with hand blown glass. I suppose i'm not a blown away yet. I've searched high and low for a USA glass blower to discuss tolerances with. This forum has produced a china supplier that we are currently working with. I'm far from thrilled about the quality of the bowl as it currently is. Please remember that we are a machine shop first. I'm proud that we can currently say the entire vapor path is made with certified grade 2 titanium melted and machined in the USA. I'm also committed to make the flowerpot the best vaporizer on the market regardless of materials. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear about them. I've also never actually seen or personally spoken with anyone associated with machinable quartz. I've researched that and actually purchased some sample material. I hope this answers your question.

MACOR

Top Bottom