Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

Justpassedu

@grokit It's just the dish. I had planned on adding the D-nail sic dish later because of it's larger surface area. Speaking of that did you happen to read my post about the HE dish surround? It's a couple of pages back in this thread I believe. I'd like to get your thoughts on this if you wouldn't mind please. Here's a photo. I think it would be useful for sic, sapphire and quarts. That and allowing one an even more efficient session.

The tag sic doesn't seem as large or refined when compared to the D-nail, would you not agree? Also the tag dish is sold out too. So basically that leaves the big D. Now you're seeing a trend here, surfs up again!

My guess is that the lolli-cap will not fit the larger d-nail correctly right? I looked and could not find the halo size on their site. But I know the lolli-cap is 1.25 inches across. Lastly, will NewVapes dish retaining nut for work with the d-nail halo? I ask because d-nails is raised up a bit. I like that NewVapes is flush and recessed below the dishes top edge.

Maybe @NewVape710 can confirm these things for us too.

Spanks for letting me vent y'all!
The Lollicap just clears the D-Nail Sic dish , could be a tad larger but it's a perfect fit. Not sure if this shield would really help with Sic , quartz possibly but Sic is pretty tough and it may just add extra heat up time and take longer to get back to temp after a hit.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
The Lollicap just clears the D-Nail Sic dish , could be a tad larger but it's a perfect fit. Not sure if this shield would really help with Sic , quartz possibly but Sic is pretty tough and it may just add extra heat up time and take longer to get back to temp after a hit.

I'm aware of how tough the sic is. MAYBE the initial heat-up might be a small amount longer. That's not a big deal really and moot if one leaves their nail on most of the time. Like I use to do before mine was stolen. I think that there being more metal in contact would help with retention and better heat distribution especially for those of us using barrel coils vs the flat coil. Because titanium just holds that heat far better and for longer. I mean that's all that the whole nail is basically made of to begin with in the first place, titanium. So the getting back to temperature taking longer IMO is not going to be happening really.

Thank you sir for the lollicap knowledge you've been extremely helpful.

No one really knows until they try it out or has tested it. I guess ditch that titanium nail and maybe someone will make a nail that is made up of purely the sic material only. :shrug: Yo, it's good to think outside the box a bit and experiment :sherlock: with things but to each his or her own. :tup: cha cha cheers y'all! :cheers:

ps. I'm already impressed with this product and I've just had my first experience with NewVapes customer service 2 minutes ago. First my call was returned early this morning. Perfect! Second Nick at NV is very helpful and down right superb to deal with. Keep knocking it out of that proverbial park NewVape!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@grokit It's just the dish. I had planned on adding the D-nail sic dish later because of it's larger surface area. Speaking of that did you happen to read my post about the HE dish surround? It's a couple of pages back in this thread I believe. I'd like to get your thoughts on this if you wouldn't mind please. Here's a photo. I think it would be useful for sic, sapphire and quarts. That and allowing one an even more efficient session.

The tag sic doesn't seem as large or refined when compared to the D-nail, would you not agree? Also the tag dish is sold out too. So basically that leaves the big D. Now you're seeing a trend here, surfs up again!

My guess is that the lolli-cap will not fit the larger d-nail correctly right? I looked and could not find the halo size on their site. But I know the lolli-cap is 1.25 inches across. Lastly, will NewVapes dish retaining nut for work with the d-nail halo? I ask because d-nails is raised up a bit. I like that NewVapes is flush and recessed below the dishes top edge.

I was actually thinking yesterday it might work really well with a coil shroud like the Liger that would also make contact under the dish, so radiant heat would be redistributed to the nail like a flat coil. Just an idea.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Float me the $80 dollars then mr. baller status and the cash for tags carbcap too. I mean it's that easy right. :evil::cool: Thank you for the information on the nut. Mucho appreciated my dude!:tup:
If you're going for the d-nail dish, their carb cap is a perfect fit. That's the way I went, no regrets :tup:
@NewVape710 did say that their lollicap fits the d-nail sic dish, so you could also go that way.
Another option is the universal cap that tag offers for the smaller sic dish, Idk if it fits the d-nail though.

Yes the d-nail is worth the extra duckets imo. That shield looks cool! What is it for, protection or heat retention or both or..? It seems like a reason to check out their nail setup, but idk which dish size it fits or how it might integrate with the flower pot system... yet! It looks like it's worth checking out for sure.

:science:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The website is pretty good in general, but what a great faq they have. Literally answered all the questions I had about how it fits together and what I needed.

Also very classy of them to put the cheap stand on there next to theirs, with an amazon link no less.

Justpassedu

I'm aware of how tough the sic is. MAYBE the initial heat-up might be a small amount longer. That's not a big deal really and moot if one leaves their nail on most of the time. Like I use to do before mine was stolen. I think that there being more metal in contact would help with retention and better heat distribution especially for those of us using barrel coils vs the flat coil. Because titanium just holds that heat far better and for longer. I mean that's all that the whole nail is basically made of to begin with in the first place, titanium. So the getting back to temperature taking longer IMO is not going to be happening really.

Thank you sir for the lollicap knowledge you've been extremely helpful.

No one really knows until they try it out or has tested it. I guess ditch that titanium nail and maybe someone will make a nail that is made up of purely the sic material only. :shrug: Yo, it's good to think outside the box a bit and experiment :sherlock: with things but to each his or her own. :tup: cha cha cheers y'all! :cheers:

ps. I'm already impressed with this product and I've just had my first experience with NewVapes customer service 2 minutes ago. First my call was returned early this morning. Perfect! Second Nick at NV is very helpful and down right superb to deal with. Keep knocking it out of that proverbial park NewVape!

I agree , definitely good to think outside the box and experiment a bit. I found something else we may be able to benefit from , not sure , maybe ill be the test dummy if you can test that part that goes around the dish. What do you think of this and do you think it may help , i found a 20mm coil that is encased , hmmm . - https://highfivevape.com/20mm-coil-encased.html , wondering if it may wrap around the head perfectly and help retain some heat , i know they are supposed to help with coil life.

ichibaneye

If you're going for the d-nail dish, their carb cap is a perfect fit.

You're referring to their updated carbcap I'm guessing? Because they only offer a version 2 now and it states it's smaller than their original version. This is for clarification only. Thank you AGAIN sir! :tup:

The website is pretty good in general, but what a great faq they have. Literally answered all the questions I had about how it fits together and what I needed.

Also very classy of them to put the cheap stand on there next to theirs, with an amazon link no less.
I agree it's also very humble of them to post up another sites link for the stand. Down right classy too! So it sounds like you've placed an order today or already have then? If so very cool!

I agree , definitely good to think outside the box and experiment a bit. I found something else we may be able to benefit from , not sure , maybe ill be the test dummy if you can test that part that goes around the dish. What do you think of this and do you think it may help , i found a 20mm coil that is encased , hmmm . - https://highfivevape.com/20mm-coil-encased.html , wondering if it may wrap around the head perfectly and help retain some heat , i know they are supposed to help with coil life.
Deal! Once I receive a reply from Highly Educated I'll let you know if it's possible. If so I'm in. I was looking at those encased coils a couple of weeks ago they look interesting and the idea is spot on. However whilst surfing the the various places on the internet I came across many compliant about the coils ranging from very short lifespan, messed up coils being sent out and being buggy. Now is this all true, I don't know for sure. My other thought on that encased coil is possible slippage because you mentioned fitting it around the top. If the tolerances are close enough then heat expansion might make for a perfect marriage of the two. Hopefully we'll get to Mad-Scientist our ideas soon! :rockon:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

That might also work well for serving double purpose as a pseudo flat coil for the nail head!

Justpassedu

That might also work well for serving double purpose as a pseudo flat coil for the nail head!
That's what i was kind of thinking but it would need to be the exact length from top to bottom in between the head and nut to work or it would most likely slip down to the bottom of the nut and leave a gap. I am going to email the company and see if i can get some measurements but i do see they list this :
  • Coil Length: 6ft
  • Height: 12.7mm
  • ID(inner diameter): 20mm
  • OD(outer diameter): 26mm
Can someone measure the length of the inside portion the coil would go on between the head and nut ( bottom of dish to top of the nut ) i am not home at the moment to do so ?

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Just so you know I remember seeing this about the high5 coils being proprietary:
Only thing is that their coils are proprietary and not compatible with other units, so if you burn out a coil, you have to get another for High5.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: grokit

Justpassedu

Just so you know I remember seeing this about the high5 coils being proprietary:
They do say 5pin female xlr and that is what the Hex-Nail uses and my China Enail but hmm , could they be wired differently ? are they just saying this so consumers choose there Enails ? A few other companies have similar coils but i'm not ready to spend $80+ on a coil and figured this one for $30 may be worth a try.

grokit

well-worn member
You're referring to their updated carbcap I'm guessing? Because they only offer a version 2 now and it states it's smaller than their original version. This is for clarification only. Thank you AGAIN sir! :tup:
Yes, mine's a gen 2. I had to check the order to make sure :tup:

They do say 5pin female xlr and that is what the Hex-Nail uses and my China Enail but hmm , could they be wired differently ? are they just saying this so consumers choose there Enails ? A few other companies have similar coils but i'm not ready to spend $80+ on a coil and figured this one for $30 may be worth a try.
This looks like it could be the nail that gives 2-nail performance along the lines of what I'm doing, but with just one nail if it fits right (big if). Too bad that it looks like you have to buy their pid controller too.

Are there other heating coils like this, that are wired to the d-nail standard? Gonna check dhgate...

This thread's been moving lately!

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Sorry, I probably should of quoted this one to begin with:
I note from their site:

The coil uses a 5PIN Female XLR connector. Our coils are solely meant to be used with HIGH5 Enails. NEVER use HIGH5 coils with enails from other brands doing so can cause a potentially dangerous situation due to different wiring and will void the warranty, NEVER use coils from other brands with HIGH5 enails either.

Joaon

Thanks for the info, so it sounds like you would recommend it even if you got a faulty coil.

Update!

I receive my new coil today, and tried it on the controller of the link I posted.
It showed no error, but the coil was warming up and the temperature displayed was not changing a bit.
I opened the controller and xlr coil plug, and it looked like there was some differencies,
so I re-welded the controller xlr plug with the right- and standard- wiring:

"Faulty" coil:......................... "New" coil:
1- Thermocouple - ................ 1- AC +
2- Thermocouple + ............... 2- AC -
3- Ground ........................... 3- Thermocouple +
4- AC + .............................. 4- Thermocouple -
5- AC - ............................... 5- Ground

:myday:
So, now you know, if you go with that coil-Enail kit, cross fingers for it to be strong and lives long, otherwise you will have to master the iron solder to accept other standards coils !

Edit:
FlowerPot is indeed now back in, the new coil is rocking at 650°F, and I'm happy. :nod:

Last edited:

Justpassedu

This looks like it could be the nail that gives 2-nail performance along the lines of what I'm doing, but with just one nail if it fits right (big if). Too bad that it looks like you have to buy their pid controller too.

Are there other heating coils like this, that are wired to the d-nail standard? Gonna check dhgate...

This thread's been moving lately!

Yes D-nail actually has one but i am not paying $93 + shipping for it - http://www.d-nail.com/d-nail-encased-coil-heater & i believe i saw a few from China but did not search much , please link me up if you find one , this may just work out. I hope...

@StormyPinkness i had seen that on the high5 site but i don't know if i believe it , i think they may be just covering themselves , i remember awhile back i had a friend that had a high5 coil and used it with another brand of conroller , maybe if @grokit does not find a China alternative i'll pony up and just order it to test , i'm sure if its not used they may let me return it.

ichibaneye

Word up! Thanks for going the extra mile.

Calling on all NVFP owners! I'm curious if anyone has used a glass carb cap with a directional flow nipple placed near the side of the bottom edge underneath? This would be used to move the concentrate around the donut or halo. Or pm me with your accommodating glass blowers information and I'll contact them. If you have please post your thoughts, thank you.

Last edited:

Joaon

@Justpassedu :
I'm going to order a bit of titanium tubing, 16mm Inner Diameter, cut it at the right lenght with a path for the coil handle, and then slip it on the coil, the all thing maintained by the nut of the FP.
This should act as a insulation wall, kindda like Liger Banger's Heat shield :tup:

Justpassedu

@Justpassedu :
I'm going to order a bit of titanium tubing, 16mm Inner Diameter, cut it at the right lenght with a path for the coil handle, and then slip it on the coil, the all thing maintained by the nut of the FP.
This should act as a insulation wall, kindda like Liger Banger's Heat shield :tup:
Hmm that could be a good idea but i am not sure if it will work like the encased coils , your method would leave the coils exposed on the inside possibly just causing more metal needed to be heated to get to temp but i am sure a preheat may fix that and i believe the premade coils being sold are fully encased inside and out but what do i know ? If it's cheap enough to try , why not .

disGRUNTled

Sherbert , drinking a Son Of Juice IPA from Maplewood brewery. Rewatching Morales vs Pac 1 , a hell of a treat for boxing fans.
XgnUQWb.jpg

fNQNVlc.jpg

Top Bottom