Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Larrytargeteye I feel ya man & unfortunately if you had expressed your frustration just a couple days earlier. IIRC, Vapefiend had a testing session yesterday with their range, featuring the Almighty NewVape Flowerpot+Showerhead! It was on their website, with location disclosed on the day; don't fret though my friend, it was the only the first in what George said he hopes will be many. I hope so as well!

It wasn't possible for me this time but I plan to attend in the future* for sure, sounds like a great opportunity to experiment and learn. Maybe let @VapeFiend.com know you would like a PM of any future gatherings? If he's agreeable then give him my name too, yeah? :brow: :D In the meantime, why not search or start a thread in Ask FC or Vaporization Discussion maybe? When a plant ain't legal, life is hard. :disgust: :peace:

*I'll be the dude in the pink hat and headphones.

WelshBrok

@Larrytargeteye I feel ya man & unfortunately if you had expressed your frustration just a couple days earlier. IIRC, Vapefiend had a testing session yesterday with their range, featuring the Almighty NewVape Flowerpot+Showerhead! It was on their website, with location disclosed on the day; don't fret though my friend, it was the only the first in what George said he hopes will be many. I hope so as well!

It wasn't possible for me this time but I plan to attend in the future* for sure, sounds like a great opportunity to experiment and learn. Maybe let @VapeFiend.com know you would like a PM of any future gatherings? If he's agreeable then give him my name too, yeah? :brow: :D In the meantime, why not search or start a thread in Ask FC or Vaporization Discussion maybe? When a plant ain't legal, life is hard. :disgust: :peace:

*I'll be the dude in the pink hat and headphones.

I went to this event! Was really good, even if I did go and mainly use the FP that I already own haha. Spoke to George about the flowerpot for ages, hopefully they’ll be sorting uk dual controllers as waiting for the SH to cool down and switch to the WA took a while. Flowerpot definitely had the biggest crowd all day!

legalizeRO

It's $100 for the showerhead and $50 for the bowl.
That's right, you don't need a $50 deboler. Get a large metal ashtray from the dollar store or from China and be done with it.

But I do recommend their Titanium Carb Cap. That's another $40... So $190 minimum, assuming you have the coil/controller and glass.

I got the same actually, on the way. I didn't payed attention and got the coil also. I have a 16mm coil, so I need another 20mm coil for the ShowerHead, but the newvape coil connector is special..., so I guess I'll have to cut and rewire into a regular spare connector. Apart from that, some say it's the only vape you'll ever need, and I think so too. I hope there's a way to figure the wire configuration, if not, I'll get another 20mm coil from dhgate. Anyone dealt with this before me?

Last edited:
legalizeRO,

WelshBrok

That's right, you don't need a $50 deboler. Get a large metal ashtray from the dollar store or from China and be done with it.

But I do recommend their Titanium Carb Cap. That's another $40... So $190 minimum, assuming you have the coil/controller and glass.

I got the same actually, on the way. I didn't payed attention and got the coil also. I have a 16mm coil, so I need another 20mm coil for the ShowerHead, but the newvape coil connector is special..., so I guess I'll have to cut and rewire into a regular spare connector. As I see newvape also keeps their diagrams secret. That's another big minus in my opinion. Apart from that, some say it's the only vape you'll ever need, and I think so too. I hope there's a way to figure the wire configuration, if not, I'll get another 20mm coil from dhgate. Anyone dealt with this before me?
newvape_enail_pinout-1_3.jpg

This what you need?

legalizeRO

So on the coil connector, the one on the right, which one is P1 ? In relation with the slot/marker. The one on the left of the slot, or the one on the right?

legalizeRO,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Sorry, open? I think it's more a necessity to prevent confusion and angry customers or even lose potential customers.
Pin layout is no rocket science and they published contact datas of their supplier of controllers after a lot of (potential) EU customers asked for an 220v version they didn't have in stock themselves at that time.

lazylathe

Almost there...
So on the coil connector, the one on the right, which one is P1 ? In relation with the slot/marker. The one on the left of the slot, or the one on the right?

When you open the connector you will see each pin has a designated number next to each pin.
It's a simple matter of writing down the pin numbers and their corresponding wire color from the New Vape and then copy the layout on the XLR.

Doktor Dub

Sorry, open? I think it's more a necessity to prevent confusion and angry customers or even lose potential customers.
Pin layout is no rocket science and they published contact datas of their supplier of controllers after a lot of (potential) EU customers asked for an 220v version they didn't have in stock themselves at that time.

That is the other side of the coin and also a viable opinion i think ;-) - at least the FP is more "open" by design then my other vapes, i mean you can buy other heaters and it is built for trying different glas. :2c:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Let s say the company is not too slick but has some personality :lol:

I have to disagree!:D
The company is very slick in their developments and products!
Very unique items that literally blow away a lot of the competition.
And they listen to their customers and implement new ideas on the regular,cannot say this about a lot of other vape manufacturers.

I also like the fact that you can buy only what you need from New Vape and source the other parts elsewhere without being slave to them for our every need!

If i was @NewVape710 I would have also left the forum due to being attacked almost everyday. After all, it is HIS company and HE has the right to implement whatever HE thinks is right, no matter what the people who provided input ideas are. We were all providing input, ideas etc and it got out of hand for a while... He stepped away and @NewVape420 stepped in!

I think it is awesome to have company representation on the forum and be able to shoot ideas at him and actually receive an answer! Also to be in the loop about future projects!
:2c:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Edwyn was "attacked almost everyday"?
Did I miss something? Can't remember.

bowl-gate.

there was an airleak in the first iteration of the panhead/shovelhead bowls and the response was interesting from both sides.

i didn't and still don't care much but the posts are still up, from probably back in september or october so you can make your own decisions i guess if it matters... but if you've lived this long without knowing that happened, probably best to leave it that way

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

@lazylathe i think my english is not good enough and my last post was not clear enough.

I agree with everything you said 100% (- the daily attacks), love the products and @NewVape710 + @NewVape420 on the forum.

What i wanted to express was that NV is not run by corporate roboters but real people who sometimes show personality.

Have a great day, all Flowerpotters :-)

@NewVape710 i said it already, i will keep on doing it: Come back to us!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Idk how this coil debate comes up every other day. The coils are not really proprietary, I see this word throw around a lot, but proprietary is the $250 part Storz & Bickel wants to charge me to fix the Volcano in my closet. These 20mm coils are available from various sellers online for about $30. Furthermore, it's not like a 20mm barrel coil can only be had in D-Nail format, all the coil ends (20mm, 16mm, flat) are available in XLR or AVIATION format, so it's not like the Newvape/Vapecode PID is as limiting as some make it out to be. Yes a Vapecode coil is not interchangeable with an Auber coil, but if your device uses a cheap 20mm barrel coil, who cares? The only thing I haven't seen in AVIATION format is the new wave of 25mm coils for XXL quartz bangers.

I just don't know how this coil thing is even a concern. How many desktop vapes can you buy an entire new heating element for $30? It's one of the cheapest vape parts one could buy.

Doktor Dub

How many desktop vapes can you buy an entire new heating element for $30? It's one of the cheapest vape parts one could buy

This! I understand everybody who prefers another coil layout and chooses an other controller / coil and perhaps NV could change to the other layout (but i get their argument for their coils...)

BUT: Everybody has got the choice! Buy another controller / coil, they even tell you which ones. That is more open and future proof than any other Manufacturer i know.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
bowl-gate.

there was an airleak in the first iteration of the panhead/shovelhead bowls and the response was interesting from both sides.

I know exactely what you mean but I couldn't and can't see any attack on Edwyn in no way even less "almost every day" as our good friend lazy said. But I don't want to beat a dead horse....

Baron23

If i was @NewVape710 I would have also left the forum due to being attacked almost everyday.

I believe that to be a dramatic misrepresentation of the historical facts....all of which are still documented in this thread.

I believe that also documented in this thread is a very great deal of warmth, enthusiasm, creative ideas and suggestions, and encouragement sent to NV and Edwyn by participants in this thread.

legalizeRO

but proprietary is the $250 part Storz & Bickel wants to charge me to fix the Volcano in my closet.

Yeah, I used to think I can't like a vaporizer more than Plenty, but after 3 years one of the grooves that holds the bowl broke, and it's now he's barely holding in 2. Great vaporizer but I can't pay 250 euros every 3 years. FlowerPot is a great vape, does well concentrates (which Plenty did poorly), and I can't find a design flaw that would keep me for using it for at least 7 years.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I believe that to be a dramatic misrepresentation of the historical facts....all of which are still documented in this thread.

I believe that also documented in this thread is a very great deal of warmth, enthusiasm, creative ideas and suggestions, and encouragement sent to NV and Edwyn by participants in this thread.

I just answered a question due to how it was typed out, an error on the posters side due to English not being his first language.

We all see it differently, hence :2c:
This has been beaten to death, lets move on...

Likes2vape

Idk how this coil debate comes up every other day. The coils are not really proprietary, I see this word throw around a lot, but proprietary is the $250 part Storz & Bickel wants to charge me to fix the Volcano in my closet. These 20mm coils are available from various sellers online for about $30. Furthermore, it's not like a 20mm barrel coil can only be had in D-Nail format, all the coil ends (20mm, 16mm, flat) are available in XLR or AVIATION format, so it's not like the Newvape/Vapecode PID is as limiting as some make it out to be. Yes a Vapecode coil is not interchangeable with an Auber coil, but if your device uses a cheap 20mm barrel coil, who cares? The only thing I haven't seen in AVIATION format is the new wave of 25mm coils for XXL quartz bangers.

I just don't know how this coil thing is even a concern. How many desktop vapes can you buy an entire new heating element for $30? It's one of the cheapest vape parts one could buy.
I totally agree with this. A coil is is a coil and no one has a proprietary coil or plug it’s just different. I don’t understand how th dnail pin out is considered the “standard” pin out. Just because everyone knows dnail doesn’t make them the de facto rulers of all things enail. There’s plenty of other companies producing enails not using the “standard” dnail pin out. None of this is proprietary it’s a simple heating coil with 5 wires and a plug at the end of it.

I also agree with @lazylathe about @NewVape710 being attacked and not just on the panhead/shovelhead bowls. I think @NewVape420 is doing a great job of being an internet ambassador for NewVape but I do miss @NewVape710. I hope one day Edwyn will pop over and say high!!

Alexis

@lazylathe @Likes2vape Im with you guys 100%. I really like Edwyn and was disgusted by the righteous witch hunt he suffered for his only crime in my view- his passionate and sensitive nature, (and maybe just a touch of pride). The crowd can be cruel, and the majority/consensus view is often wrong. Different sides to this but my support and sympathy lies firmly with @NewVape710 who was so willingly bending over backwards for us all before being demonised over an unfortunate disagreement which could, and should have been diverted and diffused entirely with patience, tolerance and sensitivity.

I hope he feels comfortable to return one day, you will always have my support Edwyn.
Im sure some members will strongly disagree with this view, but Im sorry this is just how I saw it. Im only commenting here this one time as a show of support for Edwyn.

Now, where did that horse go that was here a minute ago...? :rip:

Top Bottom