Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm climbing. Did 650F all day. dnail wrap around, carb capped. Tried some loose bowls, packed bowls, half bowls, double decker with terp dips. All good results, but I do rather like the taste in a preheated FP. I'm doing about 12 twists on space case 2-piece so fairly find grind aside from the twigs.

Think I need to clean my FP, starting to get some vapor trails after close to half an ounce ran through it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Dude! That's high praise coming from you!
it ain't true though

One day, hopefully we'll light one up together, except it'll be a FP (and maybe the famed pink solo? :brow: a piece of vaping history!)

I'd be impressed if @NewVape710 built a robot that dismantled itself into a showerhead!

you totally fit in man! even if you don't get a FP, we still enjoy your presence here (much like @Alexis :))

you guys need to try it though. the true epitome of civilization!
I want to get a FP however a few member said no way?

In the 70's in HAWAII on the beach we grew cannabis for free?

Zig Zag's were what we used.
BonG's were 3rd world. (CALIFORNIA & HAWAII CANNABIS grows outdoors)
Glass pieces with small mouthpieces are more CIVILIZED.

We had buckets of HONEY OIL from INDIA.
A piece of aluminum and a fast food straw and a box match is all we had?

True hippies had it right before Civilization messed it up?
BLACK T-SHIRT'S were not hippy however they were able to make a buck on CANNABIS?

PIONEERS = ARROWS
SETTLERS = GOLD
Before I die I want to try a FP!!!!!!!!!!

IF not I can go back in time!

Wait CANNABIS was free?

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I gotta make sure this is repeatable and not just nonsense yet!

I might just be high and full of shit! :)

520 on the controller looks to be at least 370 to 430 air flow (EDIT: if my probe is in any way remotely accurate or to be believed). The temp goes up WAY quicker if I inhale fast. My usual slow draw was taking forever to climb in temp. I couldnt inhale fast enough to get the temp increase to level out, highest I got it too was 430.

This is with the Showerhead and Showercap, carbed before I start inhaling, leaving it on all the way thru the hit.

I was just thinking "hang on, if I can get maximum extraction temps to be measured below the bowl, I dont need to take the controller over those temps, ever... havent I already done that?". So I went back and found my first post with numbers when I first started taking readings with the probe :D

I'm gonna recheck this at some point over the next few days and then see what the minimum controller temp without carb cap is for maximum extraction air temps as a comparison to capped/max draw. It feels like those would be good readings for ppl with weaker lungs that want max extraction at the lowest temps.

For me, if 520f on my controller is still 430f air flow under the bowl at my maximum draw strength and capped, its pointless me going over 520f, 530f to be sure.

As a result, that means my lungs will never, ever be irritated by the FP, thus cutting down on shit lung days caused by over indulgence. I'll vape to that!

Last edited:

Alexis

you totally fit in man! even if you don't get a FP, we still enjoy your presence here (much like @Alexis :))

you guys need to try it though. the true epitome of civilization!
Thanks muunch for always making me feel so welcome here and appreciated (by some at least ;)). Also for your ceaseless positive enthusiasm and playfulness here in the thread!:tup:

I can tell you that I am fully decided on getting involved very soon now, planning the fine details and making arrangements, but it is just a case of staying the course and waiting for developments to fall into place over the next six weeks.
I too really wish it was more straightforward for @ataxian to get a Flowerpot. As a vaporizing device I just know it would be right up his street if it was practically operable.

@ataxian, I do hope you will get to try @Stu 's FP just just to see how manageable it is for you.
Everytime I see your poolside photos you make me want to hit both the Evo and the Nano, neither of which I own or expect to. So it would be so cool if I could see the Flowerpot in those enticing snapshots, able to hit my own Flowerpot at the same time, no longer feeling left out.

One thing to consider here- I'm thinking really that the hardest part of using the Flowerpot for you personally, and what Stu was suggesting might be tricky with shaking hands, is the concentrate usage with dabber and carb cab etc.

However there are multiple members here who since owning the Showerhead, and who were previously heavy concentrate uses, have actually reverted back to flower for the most part, some almost exclusively and considerably reduced or abandoned their concentrate usage owing to the Showerhead's excellent performance when it comes to flower vaporizing.

So you could consider using the Flowerpot primarily for flowers which would be a lot more straightforward, if concentrates did prove to be too tricky with this rig for you?

I'd be impressed if @NewVape710 built a robot that dismantled itself into a showerhead!

(Me)- "Alexa- transform into Flowerpot Showerhead, load up 0.1 grams of Bubba Lubba Kush."

(Alexa)- "Transforming (in silky, luxurious tone)...Loading.... Would you like me to call Mum?"

(Me again)- "No bitch! Just get my vaporizer ready NOW! Then order me some more pink socks!"

"Getting ready...Ordering..."
:rofl:
Funny because I honestly can see it coming TRUE! Begginning is the great push towards enticing us into increasing dependence on technology as the demonic A.I. begins its advancement into our culture and society, driven by foolish mortal puppets who are dumb and misguided enough to believe that they are enhancing the human race!:borg:

Last edited:

biohacker

And @biohacker is posting crazy videos!! Loving it!! Only vapes that impress him are ever video'd and posted! I feel better recommending it to him! LOL!!!

Good point bro! It's the only way I know how to give back for all the awesome advice and help given here! Sharing my enthusiasm and stoke for the FP!

Shit I wish I shot my high temp 720f sessions last night! It was a thing of beauty. I guess i'll have to re-do those hits! :rofl:

Better flavor but less cloudy due to the type of filtration.

Up the temp? I've seen that glass tool and perk milk so dense it looked like snow! ;)

So tasty, so potent, so medicating! It numbs everything except my brain and typing fingers...LOL!

You got a problem with brain numbing? :goon::brow: I guess this is why you prefer indicas! :D

I don't understand how you guys aren't coughing up lungs after these tokes.

Soooooooo smooth! Such incredible convection extraction that just sucks all the goodness out of your herbs. The only way this vape can make me cough (not really the vape's fault) is if I FINE GRIND, and go HIGH TEMP....like in the 700's. Smoke-like milk density off of crumbs, and technique comes into play, but shit was I ever having a blast with micros AND .15 bowls at 720f.

I still think the SC is relevant again because not everyone would have the patience for the slow draw.

Interesting, I don't use the SC because I don't have the patience for the time it takes to crush a bowl. With the shower cap it's like putting the brakes on IME. Take it off and I can crush that bowl near instantly. Still need to test much more with the cap, but it's almost like it turns things into slow motion for me extraction wise.

I'm still playing with bowl size to see what tastes best. This thread moves fast, have you guys figured that out yet?

I tried moving the screen above the notch but I couldn't see any difference and when I stirred it kinda just popped right back in so I just left it put. Kinda interested in the OG bowl, just for variety, and collector's items as I now see both my bowl and SC will become out dated soon :lol:

If you were consistently going to go for <.05, I'd maybe move the screen above the ledge, but I get fine results w .05 in the groove, spread fully around the screen.

Exactly! Tried different screen positions...couldn't notice any differences with airflow or how quickly it milked at all.

coarse grind is definitely better for flavor at the expense of clouds.

So true!

Why do people have to pay for something that grows naturally?

For me it's the same reasons why I shop for fruits and vegetables at the market.;)

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL!

Words to live by! :rockon:

but in my testing there was a massive difference between air temps at different draw speeds while capped

Which explains my much varied experience. Wait a sec, I thought there was a threshold for draw speed where you couldn't dip the temps? Did you not mention that?

Best for flavour was the few bowls of keif I did!

Straight up without an herb bed?

Think I need to clean my FP, starting to get some vapor trails after close to half an ounce ran through it.

How do you mean by "vapor trails"? I blow into my SH frequently and see some very few particles blow out. I think I may be experiencing some blowback under the scenes which doesn't bother me at all because it's all in the bowl and clean.

Before I die I want to try a FP!!!!!!!!!!

Did you not try @Stu supreme v3? Can you not swap the FP for the sv3 to try?

That's gold @Hogni! GOLD! :nod::tup:

@NewVape710 I promised my girl i'd at least ask/request....

WRT the handle for the carb cap (dab tool) she's curious if you would make one that's just a slightly bit fancier with either a hempwick wrapping or silicone sheathing.

Her rationale is that she likes using the SC but doesn't like how hot the handle gets near the cap and how thin it is and awkward to use. I realize that the weight is going to be addressed as well as the fitment, but a special handle on the tool would make for a nice option for those that appreciate it.

Could always just be a "special dab tool" that could be sold separately. I know I could use heatshrink but your hempwrap is much more elegant and would match up with my coil and bowl handles nicely! :tup: Anyways, just throwing it out there.... I never complain when she brings up ideas because sometimes they are actually good! :lol: It's cool, because she sees things in the vape world that I don't, or at least brings them to my attention.

And now for my first SH bowl of the day! :rockon:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
How do you mean by "vapor trails"? I blow into my SH frequently and see some very few particles blow out. I think I may be experiencing some blowback under the scenes which doesn't bother me at all because it's all in the bowl and clean.

I still have very wispy vapor coming through even with a finished bowl, carb cap is squeeky clean, the stem portion below the screen has a nice sheen of decarb'd oil which I beleive is getting conduction heat from the hit (I use full bowls mostly so 5-7 rips is fairly common for my session). so I get 4-5 solid rips, then 2-3 less dense rips, then it tapers off to a bunch of real wispy vapor hits. Will clean the FP today with ISO. Should help, also I get the same thing if I dont clean the screen daily. Little bits under the screen getting coated with resin and just trailing the vapor.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Man this thread moves so quick , soon it should overtake every desk top thread on the forum , just shows what a great product we have & the support from @NewVape710 is outstanding. If its one thing i had noticed , it usually the companies that interact with there customers on the forum that happen to do very well. I can't thank this company enough for not only changing the way i vape but for putting out such quality products and ever evolving them to make them better. @Hogni that name is awesome by the way. Just a small update , i had a buddy by the other day that is com-buster and a very heavy flower smoker. He has been having some medical issues with his son and has not been able to afford any flower so i had him over and blessed him with a nice amount to take home as he has always been a good person. I had the flowerpot sitting at 640F before he arrived and he was blown away with the performance , he was most excited to do a dab as its new to him but after that i had to fill a bowl with some flower and that's when it hit him. He was the most stoned he has been in years and i was very happy bc he is one of those people that do not get fazed from flowers being he is a heavy user , to see what the flowerpot did to him was amazing lmao.

Danksta

It is really amazing how the FP has turned hardcore dabbers into flower vapers. I only had ONE...ONE dab last night and I only had it because I realized I had been neglecting my rosin and thought I should even the playing field and not let the flower get all my attention. That one dab was pretty great and the effects layered with all the past FP bowls that night made for a super chill night. :mmmm:

I might not even grab more concentrates this payday and just get more flower. I can not believe I typed that let alone thought that. The FP has me in shock :whoa:.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I get a lot more medicated off of 0.3gr of flower than I was off my dabs, but I generally dont do multiple dabs and dont like to do a dab so large it pools up, so my tolerance was structured around that philosophy. This month I went way overboard and got 2x what I normally would buy in a month because when the month started I didnt have the FP so bought my monthly supply in wax. Now it's all sitting in the fridge, no idea when I'll get around to finishing it. I'm already looking 2 weeks out at what flower I'll get next.

Baron23

Hey guys, I have a D-nail SiC Halo slim series running on an Auber RDK-300 with a flat coil.
If I want the FP showerhead, what else would I need/want from NewVape? Seems like I need a barrel coil, is that correct?
Anyway, I am very interested in this, especially if I can get into it for not too much money.
Yes, you need a barrel coil but if you plan to use your Auber 300 controller (as I do also), you will not be able to use NV's coils as they use a different connector and pin outs.

I have been encouraging (nagging maybe?) Edwyn to offer coils with bayonet style XLR connectors and the semi-defacto D-nail pin out standard, but in the meantime, buy a barrel coil from Auber.

Likes2vape

It is really amazing how the FP has turned hardcore dabbers into flower vapers. I only had ONE...ONE dab last night and I only had it because I realized I had been neglecting my rosin and thought I should even the playing field and not let the flower get all my attention. That one dab was pretty great and the effects layered with all the past FP bowls that night made for a super chill night. :mmmm:

I might not even grab more concentrates this payday and just get more flower. I can not believe I typed that let alone thought that. The FP has me in shock :whoa:.
Yes this right here!!! I don’t dab nearly as much as I used to and I typically save dabbing for nighttime now. :science::zzz::zzz:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Hey, I'm not sure how we get one started, but we need to start a best of thread for this.

I already forget who posted them (it was just last week - I know @emmdeemo did some, but someone else as well) but people did temp readings and stuff. That would be useful info to have. No idea how to call it up, as searching this thread for "temp" is going to be terrible.

Sure there's plenty of other shit to go into a best of thread so far too, and as many other say, it moves too fast to really keep up. This has become the VC thread of the plugin dept.

Baron23

I want to get a FP however a few member said no way?

I believe we PM'd on this and I don't remember saying no way. But, you are very open about your movement disorder disease and how you are always dropping and breaking glass.

So, I think the relevant question is not what any of us think but rather do you think you can be safe with a 500F+ exposed heating coil.

Its really up to you (and well, maybe your wife and the local fire department LOL :lol:;):brow: )

If you think you can manage it, you know we will all support you.

However, while I am VERY happy with my FP purchase, since you have an EVO I really don't think you are missing out on much at all unless you want to do those double decker loads which will require a good bit of dexterity, I believe.

Oh, if you like Joni Mitchell, I personally think her performance of Coyote on The Last Waltz was her best recorded performance and quite frankly the best vocal performance of all in that great film.

Cheers, my friend.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
FWIW, yesterday i picked up a Fluke T52 and Temp Probe from Work to get a clue what temps appear on the showerhead vs what is set on the controller, as we are using Celsius here i am refering to that as Showerhead temperature but u can easily transfer that again using any calc.

I dont have a newvape controller but since it seems to be the same PID i guess it will work
more or less the same so here is the table i mesured yesterday, the temps in real are no ON SPOT
because i used average temps (coil cools and warms up again)

fd7i8x.jpg

These are SURFACE TEMPS TAKEN WITH A K-PROBE ON THE SHOWERHEAD DISH

Here is the post I was looking for.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I could count on one hand how many dabs I've done since getting my Flowerpot, and I was using concentrates nearly exclusively before gettting my FP.

The sedative properties of the FP @ 700F are HEAVY!

Just goes to show THC percentage ain't shit.

I just did a breakfast bowl @ 575 uncapped and feeling quite nice. Sometimes I cough more at these low temps when I get the terp tickles though.

Ran up to Orange County the other day and left me precious home, was having a hard time getting medicated with my Vapcap. Instead of a portable vape, I might just have to buy a 500 ft industrial extension cord... or one of these "solar generator" battery banks I saw at Costco last week :D

goal_zero_gz_23000_yeti_400_solar_generator_1043819.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
He was measuring the surface of the dish (the dabbing surface) not the air going thru the herb.

@emmdeemo did the air temp readings but those are hard to do as well since it's dependent on your draw. He was getting air temp readings of like 450 which are close to combustion territory... Probably need up to 800+ to see combustion unless you're drawing really really really slow and it somehow works like that. I left my controller on 830 or 850 overnight to clean, and forgot it the next morning and def combusted pretty quickly. I knew something was wrong but for some reason kept going :doh::bang:... anyway..

here it is again: credit to @gunmetalshark :

fd7i8x.jpg

Last edited:

Omphilreal

I bought a Vapecode enail from dhgate and it got here today. I plugged it in for the first time and there was a spark and smoke started coming out from the back of the unit near where the switch is. My guess is that the coil caused a short circuit. The coil in question came with the enail. The seller is Sweetcigs_factory, here's a link to the enail. I messaged the seller but there has been no response yet. Anyone deal with this kind of situation before? Is it likely that the seller will cover the return shipping costs and exchange this defective unit?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
He was measuring the surface of the dish (the dabbing surface) not the air going thru the herb.

@emmdeemo did the air temp readings but those are hard to do as well since it's dependent on your draw. He was getting air temp readings of like 450 which are close to combustion territory... Probably need up to 800+ to see combustion unless you're drawing really really really slow and it somehow works like that. I left my controller on 830 or 850 overnight to clean, and forgot it the next morning and def combusted pretty quickly. I knew something was wrong but for some reason kept going :doh::bang:... anyway..

here it is again: credit to @gunmetalshark :

fd7i8x.jpg

Whoops, I missed that part about the dish temp! Showerhead strikes again!

Top Bottom