Cannabis Futurama -- Where do you see cannabis at the turn of the next century(2100)?

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hey all!

Just stumbled across some web article with images of "The Future" drawn in like the 20's or 30's. Just neat to see people's imaginations of world they'd never see. It got me to thinking, Where will cannabis be in 83yrs, at the turn of the next century? What other businesses will grow out of it/ thrive on it? What crazy inventions or ways to partake it? What will society as a whole think of cannabis then? Let's put the collective FC family thoughts here for future generations to see(laugh at us lol)!!

Red Cannabis??!!:hmm:

e9BvwYNl.jpg
e9BvwYN.jpg
e9BvwYN.jpg
e9BvwYN.jpg
e9BvwYN.jpg

Likes2vape

I would hope by 2100 cannabis will be a non issue and a common household item, not just in the smokeable form we all think of. Hopefully it will be put to industrial use replacing a lot of plastic and paper based goods. By 2100 everyone has switched to vaporization and smoking is seen as archaic. Cannabis will have replaced opiates as the mainly prescribed pain killer. It will be legal world wide and people won't be able to grasp how we had a war on such a wonder plant for 80+ years.

One can only hope!!

Last edited:

florduh

I'm worried cannabis will disappear within a century or so.

If we don't blow ourselves up, technology will improve exponentially. I could easily see there being "designer drugs" that are perfectly safe with a high tailored to your own biology.

You could select what effects you want on your smartphone, the length of time you want to be high, and print out the pill or "vapor pod" from a 3D printer.

This is all assuming you don't already have a brain implant that can turn on "high mode" at will.

Can the sacred herb survive such an onslaught?

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I'm hoping the scene shifts from fervent "tax and regulate" supporters to the promotion of "growing one's own". I could imagine the legal market swelling up so much that authorities ban civilians completely from cultivating and instead suggest everyone should purchase from one of their wonderful licensed retailers.

Last edited:

florduh

The question was about what the community will look like in 80 years.

Think about how much has changed since 1934.

What will the world look like in 2100? Think of how much technology has changed in 80 years... double that, and you're getting close to understanding what life will look like in 2100 (though still underestimating it).

In 2100 we will either be living in a Techno Utopia... or the Paleolithic Period 2.0.

howie105

I suspect MJ to turn into another commercial croup, grown, processed and marketed to optimize profits. On the upside there will price stabilization and much wider availability.

Top Bottom