Cannabis Cup 2012 - Who's coming?

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So I figured out I should at least try the cup once in my lifetime and I will do so this year!
I already got a ticket for 200$ - I'm pretty sure its overpriced but this is a once in a lifetime experience for me ... since Amsterdam may never host this event again ...

Its still a while until it actually happen (Nov 18th to 22nd)

But I was wondering if anyone ever participate in a cannbis cup and maybe can tell me what to expect?

Cheers!

Hoping to see you guys there!!! will be going with a the solo 24/7 and **** combustion!

m0sh,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but it's a bit of a commercial scam if you ask me. I certainly can't see anyone getting their money's worth.

JeeSee,

m0sh

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but it's a bit of a commercial scam if you ask me. I certainly can't see anyone getting their money's worth.

Sigh...scam??? have you been near a CC anytime?

I know its probably not worth the actual money but its a great reason to visit and once in a lifetime for me

m0sh,

Drxx

Excuse my ignorance, but is this some sort of a competition or more akin to a festival of some sort?

$200 entry sounds a bit steep, but I'd love to hear what it's all about!

Drxx,

m0sh

Yeah, t
Excuse my ignorance, but is this some sort of a competition or more akin to a festival of some sort?

$200 entry sounds a bit steep, but I'd love to hear what it's all about!

Quick google search (taken from wiki) :
"The High Times Cannabis Cup is the world’s preeminent Cannabis festival. Founded in 1987 by Steven Hager, the High Times Cannabis Cup takes place each November in Amsterdam. The event allows judges from around the world to sample and vote for their favorite marijuana varieties. These judges-at-large decide the Cannabis Cup (overall winner in the cannabis variety competition), best new product, best booth, best glass, best hash and best Nederhash. A team of VIP judges decide which seed company has grown the best marijuana. The High Times Cannabis Cup also includes live music, comedy and an expo for marijuana-related products from cannabis-oriented businesses"

Anyway, yeah 200$ is steep no doubt, I did not think otherwise

edit: check this vid :

m0sh,

Drxx

Wow that video was pretty impressive. It actually looks like a lot of fun!

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen wine/beer tasting events sell $100 tickets. :)

Drxx,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OK yes have been in 3 CC and the last one was last year.
I was there as a participant on the Herborizer booth. Police shut the party down on last day (I was gone already)
I personally wouldn't pay for the judge pass as I'm old Dam fan and all the marketing buzz around the CC is a little too much, but 2013 is looking bad for foriegners in Dam so I understand why you're going there!;)

FLskwat,

m0sh

OK yes have been in 3 CC and the last one was last year.
I was there as a participant on the Herborizer booth. Police shut the party down on last day (I was gone already)
I personally wouldn't pay for the judge pass as I'm old Dam fan and all the marketing buzz around the CC is a little too much, but 2013 is looking bad for foriegners in Dam so I understand why you're going there!;)

Cheers mate! finally someone who's been there!

What are my benefits? can you give more specific info about the event...thanks!

m0sh,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Your benefits with the 200$ pass is having access to all the strains in the competition for a standard price of 10€/g. during the whole event period, in all the coffeeshops selling those strains.
Maybe you will also have special prices on a few stuffs on the event (glass/seeds/etc...), you can also access a few concerts...

FLskwat,

m0sh

Your benefits with the 200$ pass is having access to all the strains in the competition for a standard price of 10€/g. during the whole event period, in all the coffeeshops selling those strains.
Maybe you will also have special prices on a few stuffs on the event (glass/seeds/etc...), you can also access a few concerts...

Good to know...but I remember a lot of the stuff that are sold for like 18 euro usually was more than 1.0g (1.6 or 1.8g)

m0sh,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
No my friend... ;-) 1G. of the top notch weeds is average 18 euros in a coffeeshop (you can find very good stuff from 12 to 20...)... And 1 gram given by a bud tender is 1 GRAM period! ;-)

FLskwat,

m0sh

Ok good...thanks for clarifying that...its amazing its impossible to find this info!!!!

I doubt I can finish 10 bags in 5 days!!! lol

m0sh,

m0sh

Bump!!!

Well its only 3 weeks till the cannabis cup and I'm excited...just got a ticket for Amsterdam and I just need to sort out a place to stay...I'm going by myself and it will be pretty exciting...I have been there few times but never alone ... join up as I'm going to travel across coffeshops with my arizer solo :)

m0sh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
18 Euro's a gram FLSkwat, really?!? I usually pay between 8 and 12 here in coffeeshops, and that is already way to much for a little piece of flower.

10 euro's per gram as a discount price sounds like a complete rip-off to me. But so do 200 euro tickets.

You better enjoy the fuck out of that Mosh, as it seems more and more likely that this will be the last time foreigners can enjoy the herb legally in this shitty little country.

Have fun, I hope the cops won't crash the party this time!

& take pics pls

OhTheAgony,

m0sh

18 Euro's a gram FLSkwat, really?!? I usually pay between 8 and 12 here in coffeeshops, and that is already way to much for a little piece of flower.

10 euro's per gram as a discount price sounds like a complete rip-off to me. But so do 200 euro tickets.

You better enjoy the fuck out of that Mosh, as it seems more and more likely that this will be the last time foreigners can enjoy the herb legally in this shitty little country.

Have fun, I hope the cops won't crash the party this time!

& take pics pls

Are you from Holland?

Hmm about the 18euros strains...I have no idea, I never said its not pricy ... but do you say that the top new strains cost only 10euros?

Be aware that only certain different strains each coffee shop bring into the cup so it means only the prime new stuff ...

I paid the ticket on the 31st of Dec 2011 ;)

m0sh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yes, I'm dutch. I live in the north of the country in the province Friesland.

I usually pick something <10 euro's here, with Angel Dust as my 'affordable' favorite. But even the cheap stuff is really good quality in this particular shop. If they happen to have something sub-par they offer it discounted and pre-packed (normally they weigh every order in front of the customer) per 2 grams for 10 euro, just like how they sell the leftovers in the bottom of the bag of every species (all mixed together).

The price difference may just be location based though, things tend to be little more expensive up west compared to here in the north. It might pay off to shop around and compare some prices if you can though.

As for that 'prime-new-stuff', it's all a bit of hipster/marketing bs to me to be honest. I've seen, used and grown so many different species over the years. Of course there are taste differences and differences between THC/CBD ratios and whatnot, as well as different growing properties. But in the end it's all weed man. THC will always be THC and CBD will always be CBD, no matter how it's labeled or marketed. To me the growers capabilities are way more important for the quality of the final product then the choice of strain. But that is just me, I guess.

OhTheAgony,

m0sh

Well, I would have to see for myself...anyway its a good excuse to visit Amsterdam ... I will give my input... :)

2 gram for 10 euros is awesome...I pay 20euros for 1 gram in holyland ;/

m0sh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wow, 20 per gram, I guess there's always someone who has it worse :o

You're from Jerusalem? :p

Enjoy the Dam as much as you can anyways, & keep us posted please :tup:

OhTheAgony,

m0sh

^^ Tel Aviv :)

Thanks mate... !!! let me know if you jump near by ;)

m0sh,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, close enough :lol:

I don't think I'll be in the neighborhood around that time, but if I am I will :tup:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

I do mind the strain, and often pick up one of the more expensive strains available(since I prefer sativa), but 18 euro a gram also sounds ridiculously expensive to me. I live near OTA btw, guess we are lucky here in the north, not much tourists here so I think that's the reason for lower prices.
if I buy hash it's under 10 euros a gram pretty much always(the one time I bought more expensive hash of 14 euro per gram it wasn't as good as hash half the price, but some of my friends have recommended a specific hash that is 18 euro a gram but it's never available when I come there so I haven't tried it out yet), if I buy weed it's around 10 euros a gram most of the time, sometimes 12/13, usualy it doesn't go much higher as that.

djonkoman,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yes boys, 18 a gram for specific US imported strains that you can find from time to time in Dam (Girl scout cookie, Blueberry kush , etc...). Yes definitely the great NL classics are around 10e/g and that's the same on the French Market (meaning street market pricing of top notch (amnesia & super lemon haze is lower then NL...no comments^^)!

Totally of subject and @OTA:
Bro' I'm in a e-cig fair till Nov. 4th, form 8AM to 7PM...I get home at 8PM and am totally wasted, so I'll take care of our ongoing thing after that date! ;)

FLskwat,

djonkoman

not really sure if this is ontopic or not, but today our new government presented their 'regeerakkoord', it says the weedpass will be elliminated, but the 'ingezetencriterium', wich means only people living in the netherlands can buy, stays. and we(dutchmen) have to show an ID or 'verblijfsvergunning'(basically the same as a green card in the US), but in addition to that we also have to show a copy of youir registration in the municipality where you live. and this copy can't be older as 4 weeks. this copy can be acquired from the local government(municipality), but it costs around 10 euros in servicecosts, so to be able to visit the coffeeshop will cost 120 euros a year.
also they're going trough with the ridiculous idea to outlaw all weed and hash that is above 15%.

so if they will do it like they say in the 'regeerakkord', I think most of us will have to go to illegal dealers, especially if you only buy hash.

I've never seen those US strains you mention offered around here, but occassionally there are kushes and diesels(NYCD and red diesel for example) on the menus around here and those are priced just like all the other strains

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Totally of subject and @OTA:
Bro' I'm in a e-cig fair till Nov. 4th, form 8AM to 7PM...I get home at 8PM and am totally wasted, so I'll take care of our ongoing thing after that date! ;)

Gotcha mate, no problem. Don't work too hard! :tup:

not really sure if this is ontopic or not, but today our new government presented their 'regeerakkoord', it says the weedpass will be elliminated, but the 'ingezetencriterium', wich means only people living in the netherlands can buy, stays. and we(dutchmen) have to show an ID or 'verblijfsvergunning'(basically the same as a green card in the US), but in addition to that we also have to show a copy of youir registration in the municipality where you live. and this copy can't be older as 4 weeks. this copy can be acquired from the local government(municipality), but it costs around 10 euros in servicecosts, so to be able to visit the coffeeshop will cost 120 euros a year.
also they're going trough with the ridiculous idea to outlaw all weed and hash that is above 15%.

so if they will do it like they say in the 'regeerakkord', I think most of us will have to go to illegal dealers, especially if you only buy hash.

I've never seen those US strains you mention offered around here, but occassionally there are kushes and diesels(NYCD and red diesel for example) on the menus around here and those are priced just like all the other strains

I took a look at the actual agreement (regeer-akkoord, pagina 27)Djonko, and I can't find anywhere that the birth-certificate can't be older then 4 weeks. From what I gather there is no time limit stated in the agreement of how old it can be, where did you hear/read this?

Because if that is true then it's just a case of 'burgertje pesten' imo, the fuckers. I think we've been screwed with this election either way though, I'm pretty sure it won't take the full four years before we have another one, again.

There still is the court hearing on November 23 about weather or not it is legal to refuse foreigners access to coffeeshops, but that basically is the last straw for non-dutch coffeeshop-visitors.

About those American strains, Miami has a strain called Bubblegum-something (I think it's Bubblegum Kush, but I'm not entirely sure) since a few weeks, would that be one of the American strains too perhaps? I don't know how they do it, but it actually tasted like bubblegum too, strawberry flavored Hubba Bubba if I'm not mistaken. But the effects of it weren't real special, just another weed. The caramel cream I've grown this summer tastes like caramel too btw, so odd. I wonder if those flavors are artificial or not.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom