Cannabis and anorexia nervosa

MinnBobber

Does anyone have any anecdotal experience regarding anorexia and especially regarding cannabis use to help treat it? Or links to any studies?

A friend has a 14 year old daughter who is on the edge of death. Her frame is at least average for her age and she has dropped to 55 lbs. She has been to just about every specialty clinic in the country but always regresses quickly.

It would seem that cannabis would fit in nicely, along with any other treatment parts. Physical aspect- increase appetite to help bring weight up. Mental and emotional: it helps with so many mental aspects like anxiety and getting brain to function properly by feeding your ECS. Anorexia is such a tough nut to crack.
If you asked this young lady of 55 lbs, what she sees in the mirror, she would say a big fat pig that needs to lose 7 more pounds to have any self worth, you fatso, you disgust me with how you look.
It makes no rational sense but that's what she sees.

Recently Dr Phil had an anorexic lady and he gave his referral to a world class facility. I email my friend the clinic name and she replies, girl's been there twice already :( :(

The dad is not a cannabis supporter. Mom is and she knows the power of cannabis.

Are there any clinics that specialize in this disease and are gutsy enough to consider cannabis??

j-bug

I’ve used cannabis to stimulate appetite after having had restrictive disordered eating behavior. In California’s original medical cannabis law it specified anorexia as one of the reasons a doctor could recommend cannabis. There’s also an antidepressant called “Mirtazipine” that can strongly stimulate hunger and weight gain at even low doses, I’ve recently gone on it and gained weight rather than just maintaining my weight for the first time in years and I’m quite happy with it. There’s some interactivity with cannabis but it’s not so much dangerous as it is definitely a pill that should be taken in bed when ready for sleep especially if cannabis is also being used. The appetite stimulation of the pill is effective throughout the day and along with cannabis has been helpful, ofc I’ve already been relatively recovered mentally from disordered eating and I just need some physical help from meds, sounds like this girl needs both

Top Bottom