Canna-coconut oil for skin abrasions and insect bites?

MinnBobber

Hi,

I have my first batch of infused coconut oil and I'm unsure if it would be effective on skin issues:

- probably mosquito bites on my forearms and lower legs. Super sensitive to those bites as you'd think it was a tarantula that bit me, looking at the bumps and swelling. They itch like crazy and some minor pain
- some abrasions on the forearms and legs, each maybe the size of a shirt button. Scraped thru to red but didn't bleed.

I have no experience so asking if my oil would likely help these spots to not hurt/ not itch/ heal faster????
Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Monsoon

Monsoon

Worth a try, I think even coconut oil by itself would probably be helpful. If you find it a bit too oily/greasy on your skin you should consider incorporating it into a lotion (how to guide below in my signature).

killick

But I like it!
Last summer I got a wasp bite on the palm of my hand. Fuck, right? I poured a bit of tinc on it (was handy). I could feel something through the pain... Anyways, into the office, found a benadryl and took it as well. A few minutes later I was a babbling mess, couldn't focus, couldn't stay on topic - anyways, we bought the house and went back to the rental for a long nap, and then all was fine. Just a wee tiny bump where the bite was, but the 12 hours after were a bit wonked...

killick,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom