Canadian cannabis

MinnBobber

Good article, thanks.
PTSD and vets is also a huge silent epidemic here in US too.
22 vets a day commit suicide :(

I recently testified at a State Committee, begging them to add PTSD to our meager meager list of legal MJ conditions.
Too lazy at the moment to find my notes so here's from memory. The drug most often given to vets and others for PTSD (can't recall the name right now) has really major side effects. I was going to read the side effects to the committee but noted to them that there were over 14 full computer screen pages that listed all the potential side effects of this drug :( No thank you....

Cannabis for PTSD has shown great promise in Israel as one study notes a preliminary marker of "spectacular results".
In a proper world, cannabis would be the very first medicine to try for PTSD, monitor strains and dosing and tweak the possibilities.

killick

But I like it!
PESTICIDES FOUND IN LICENSED PRODUCERS CANNABIS

Health Canada did not explain how it determined there was no health risk, since microbiologists and lawmakers in the United States consider there to be no acceptable level of myclobutanil in cannabis.

Sold under the name Eagle 20 or Nova 40, the chemical is used to control a pest known as powdery mildew in crops such as grapes and berries, but is also known to be employed as a shortcut by illegal cannabis grow-operations when a crop is threatened by an infestation.
However, cannabis is much different. Like tobacco, it is usually smoked, not eaten, so any chemicals used on the plant are often inhaled directly into the lungs, and make their way directly into the bloodstream without being metabolized, or broken down, by the digestive system. As well, cannabis, due to its unique makeup, is known to retain more pesticide residue than many edible plants.

Policy makers in the United States acted quickly to clamp down on myclobutanil use when it was discovered a few years ago. Washington state enacted emergency legislation. In Colorado, the government ordered mass recalls, raided production facilities and threatened companies with large fines. Colorado also went public with the names of producers caught using the chemical.

killick

But I like it!
I ordered 12 'high thc' and 100 cbd seeds last year. I got the CBD seeds, and promptly killed them. Anyways, they are sticking with 1 strain this year, and are aiming at sending out 5 million seeds. For a $2.50 S&H donation it's not a bad deal. These deserve to be planted anywhere you can find a wee bit of dirt...

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Fuck overgrow ! Don't contaminate my local controlled outdoor strains with shit pollen.
Fuck the belief that civil disobedience is forcing a change ! It's political greed realization that gearing up 'officials' to allowing anything while holding their taxation hands out.
Oh, and Fuck Emery ! Just 'cause I detest the pussy and his attn whore wife... My Opinion, nothing else !

smokum,

chris 71

so i was just on lift mj reading the news articles and there is another recall of products from another LP . https://news.lift.co/health-canada-issues-type-ii-recall-organigram-products/
and this recall goes all the way back to feb 2016 so like a year ago . and includes 69 product lots . how good is a recall of year old product , that has already been through peoples bodies . real fucking nice !! eh !! fucking assholes !!
i cant believe this crap i used to talk good about this new system of licensed producers i thought we would be protected against putting poison in our bodies ..... how wrong i was .

and if you try to ask the LP 's about just how they grow , they are not very easy to talk to or get a hold of .
i called tilray and told them i knew they were allowed to use certain pesticides that health canada approved .

but i wanted some products that hadnt had any pesticides used weather they were approved or not . what i learned was that all of there products under go some sort of application of said approved products . just as a protocol .

this was an eye opener . before this new system came into effect i had my personnel production licence . but i did what i was supposed to do and gave it up , because i wanted to follow the law .

when i did have my production licence i never used any pesticides at all !!!
i do not want to smoke , vape or eat any type of pesticide weather health canada approves it or not
im sooo pissed about this bullshit a big huge WTF !!!

Top Bottom