Canada? Who here is Canadian?

Robert-in-YEG

Do you guys most of your herb online or in local shops?

Robert-in-YEG

"The Buddha taught that to wake from the dream of bewilderment and suffering, we first need to sit still and take a deep breath."
~Sakyon Miphan

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm medical so I buy from the grower directly, online. some stuff I can't get from my growers so I buy online from the Provincial store, but rarely. never been in a physical store or dispensary I live in the boondocks

I'm coming back to the herb after a 20yr hiatus (thanks to vaporizers, i won't burn it anymore). A friend gave me couple of ounces to try out vaping - i'm back baby. So couple of weeks ago I walked into a local dispensary and had a very easy/pleasant experience restocking my stash. Waaay different than it used to be, visiting a shady dude who kept a scale under the couch cushions and a tupperware full of gear in a backpack.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've owned a place in northern Newfoundland for 23 years now, near the Viking site, Lanse aux Meadows Nat. Hist. Pk. I've been spending five or six months a year there, every season, since I retired 9 years ago.

I've got my cannabis routines down pat now. After crossing the border at St. Stephen clean, I wait until I get to Sussex. The CannabisNB store is just minutes from the highway. The selection is simply amazing, hundreds of products of every sort, national and local producers of quality products and value products. My place is 270 miles from the nearest dispensary so I stock up! Nonetheless, I've been to the Tweed store in Corner Brook(300 miles away!), now closing down I believe, a couple of times and to the GreenSpot store in Deer Lake. Not nearly the selection nor super high quality options that the CannabisNB stores have, and the prices at CannabisNB are a little less than either Maine or Mass. I've also bought plenty of illegal weed up there. Given the nearest dispensary, its no surprise that all my local doping and now edible eating friends have black market stuff. Compared to the weed and concentrates I have, the local stuff is crap. Have I become a weed snob?
Meanwhile, it was such a gas being up there this fall. I had an especially great time with friends and then sitting in my little studio watching for whale blows stoned out of my gourd.

I've brought my vapes across the border multiple times and this last summer for the first time I brought up my favorite big bong--I used to keep a few vapes and smaller glass pieces up there, but now its all legal-- requiring a big padded box of its own. I sit there watching watching watching...and its amazing what I've seen.

My place, looking up the harbor, across the Strait of Belle Isle to Labrador, 30 miles away.

little quirpon may day 16 labrador web.jpg

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

Asking the Canadians...

Do you buy your cannabis in local stores?

Order online (grey market)?

Online official provincial store?

All of the above?

Rather not say in public?

Robert-in-YEG,

SonicBacon

I purchase my prescription cannabis through my medical dispensary, and my recreational cannabis through the online grey market. I also try the local shops every now and then just for to try other cultivars.

Probably at a ratio of about 70/20/10 70%Medical
20% online grey market
10% local shop

Robert-in-YEG

purchase my prescription cannabis
I ended up with a medical MJ card while weaning off benzo's. Strangely enough, never started using cannabis for anxiety until years later.

What is "prescription cannabis" in 2021?

I buy online, I buy at the local (legal) shops. Before legalization, I was paying around $280/ounce. Today, I would say around $100/ounce is an average. For $280, I can get some premium herb.

Robert-in-YEG

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together....
~ Carl Zwanzig

Robert-in-YEG,

SquirrelMaster

I'm with you @Polarbearboy I don't like the stuff in the shops. I have a medical card so and have mostly used lp's for my CBD herb and oil. I use to use them for all my THC flower as well, Canntrust had many of my favorites before they got in troubly.

Legal bud just doesn't compare, at least from what I've tried. Always dry as shit and now apparently they can't give hydration packs as it's seen as bribing the customer or some bs. I believe they irradiate the flower as well (for mold prevention?) which would explain the loss of terps (could be the low humidity though).
All I know is grey market absolutely destroys anything legal and there are tons of options online.

I grew one crop, harvested early this year and have been set for months. I'm just about ready to cut my next batch which I switched to fully organic for so they should be incredible. I'll never buy again if I can help it. Once I find a good CBD strain (I have 2 feminized Cannatonic) I can cut my lp's out as well.

Robert-in-YEG

I'm with you @Polarbearboy I don't like the stuff in the shops. I have a medical card so and have mostly used lp's for my CBD herb and oil. I use to use them for all my THC flower as well, Canntrust had many of my favorites before they got in troubly.

Legal bud just doesn't compare, at least from what I've tried. Always dry as shit and now apparently they can't give hydration packs as it's seen as bribing the customer or some bs. I believe they irradiate the flower as well (for mold prevention?) which would explain the loss of terps (could be the low humidity though).
All I know is grey market absolutely destroys anything legal and there are tons of options online.

I grew one crop, harvested early this year and have been set for months. I'm just about ready to cut my next batch which I switched to fully organic for so they should be incredible. I'll never buy again if I can help it. Once I find a good CBD strain (I have 2 feminized Cannatonic) I can cut my lp's out as well.
Flower from the online markets in BC is always better quality and less expensive.

That said, if anyone asks, I always use fully legal, tax paid cannabis :)

Did you know that sometimes the tax sticker on legal weed peels right off, with no damage? When that happens, you can sell it on eBay. With the right stamp/sticker, all herb is properly taxed.

Robert-in-YEG

quote-a-person-doesn-t-know-how-much-he-has-to-be-thankful-for-until-he-has-to-pay-taxes-on-a...jpeg

Robert-in-YEG,

ginolicious

Candida cd1 by medical marijuana genetics is a great CBD strain.

Top Bottom