Canada customs for ordering vaporizers from the states

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a vaporizer online from one of the recommended sellers. If I go with one of the US sellers, I can use the coupons, but there aren't any for vaporizers.ca.

Do any Canadians have experience ordering from places such as vapenow.com? How much did you get charged in customs? If I have to pay an extra $20 - $30, I may as well forgo any coupons and just order it from Canada.

quomist,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
quomist said:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a vaporizer online from one of the recommended sellers. If I go with one of the US sellers, I can use the coupons, but there aren't any for vaporizers.ca.

Do any Canadians have experience ordering from places such as vapenow.com? How much did you get charged in customs? If I have to pay an extra $20 - $30, I may as well forgo any coupons and just order it from Canada.
Don't order UPS or Fedex or you'll be forced to pay their ridiculous 20$ "brokering" fee. I order regularly from the States and using USPS i've rarely had to pay any customs. It mostly has to do with the way the customs declaration is filled out by the sender but like I said even when people have put high value amounts I've rarely had to pay any sort of tarif/import duty.

Skunkypete,

annaK

I order things online from USA all the time...

definitely avoid fedex and ups, unless the selected service includes the brokerage fees.

With USPS, you will normally pay nothing if the declaration form (filled out by the sender) states a value of less than 30$ (cad), or if the package is a gift. If the value is more than 30$, then there is a 5$ fee and the applicable tax.

I have ordered from VapeNow in the past and I was not charged duty/tax upon delivery.

annaK,
Top Bottom