Can you improve this recipe?

here is how to make weed brownies, but really the recipe and method is about the coconut oil which can be used in anything. if you can think of any way to improve the recipe or method please let me know.

thing's you'll need.
  • an 8x8 baking pan
  • brownie mix
  • weed
  • tin foil
  • coconut oil
  • eggs
  • a smaller pot and a larger pot
  • mixing bowl
  • lecithin
  • optional-cheese cloth
approximately .5 grams per brownie should be a strong dose, depending on your tolerance and the quality of the weed you may need to adjust that figure up or down slightly. most brownie mixes make about 12 brownies so that's 6 grams per batch.

grind up all the weed, if you have a food processor or coffee grinder, throw it in there for a minute. then spread it out in the pan you will cook the brownies in, and cover it well with aluminum foil. stick in the oven and then turn the oven on to 210-220F once the oven has heated up, leave the bud in there for another 20 minutes. turn the oven off, open the door slightly and let the bud cool with the oven. leave the foil on this whole time. so any vapor that may have been released will settle back into the bud or onto the pan you'll bake with. you're bud should still be green (if it is slightly tan it's still going to work). if the bud isn't already ground to a powder then it should be very dry and easy to do now. you want it as fine as possible.

now fill the larger pot up with water approximately 2/3 of the way. then fill the smaller pot with the appropriate amount of oil for your recipe. you'll probably want to use a little bit more than what the recipe calls for. for example if you need a 1/3 of a cup of oil, use 1/2.this is to make up for the addition of the bud, as well as giving delicious gooey brownies.

bring the larger pot full of water to a low boil. add the weed to the oil and then a rounded tablespoon of lecithin, and place the smaller pot inside of the larger one, so that it is floating in the boiling water. now you wait. stir the oil and weed occasionally, and add water to the larger pot whenever necessary. because the pot with the weed in it is over boiling water, the weed and oil cannot exceed 212F, so you don't have to worry about it burning. let the butter cook with the weed for one hour let it cool and stick in the freezer. let it freeze, then cook with the double boiling method for at least one more hour. cook and freeze at least twice if you have more time cook and freeze up to 5 times, you could do more, but i believe it wouldn't help any noticeable amount

now you have a choice. you can strain your plant matter out of your oil with the cheese cloth,
or you can leave it in. i prefer to leave it in, that way you know you are not loosing any potency and i actually enjoy the taste. if you do choose to strain it, then just stretch the cheese cloth over your mixing bowl and slowly pour the oil onto the cheese cloth. gather the plant material into a ball in the cheese cloth and gently squeeze out any remaining oil. if you choose to strain it you may want to cook and freeze the bud in coconut oil about 5 times. if you leave it in you will probably be fine with a little less. as it will continue to be extracted by the coconut oil until you eat it.

now mix all the ingredients together in the mixing bowl. if you used extra oil, you may need to use slightly less water than the recipe calls for depending on how much extra you used.
once all the ingredients are mixed, place the mixture into the brownie pan and bake.

now you have delicious and very strong brownies.

if there is any way to improve this method/recipe please let me know.

StealthGrower,

zymos

What is the point of all the extra steps to decarb when you are going to be baking the brownies?
Just seems redundant.
This whole recipe is way more complicated than necessary IMO....

zymos,

SD_haze

What is the point of all the extra steps to decarb when you are going to be baking the brownies?
Just seems redundant.

The oven part isn't just for decarboxylating, they also do it to remove all the moisture.

However, this is more important for making glycerin-like tinctures, and when you're making normal edibles its definitely not necessary unless your bud is fairly fresh and un-cured.

let the butter cook with the weed for one hour let it cool and stick in the freezer. let it freeze, then cook with the double boiling method for at least one more hour. cook and freeze at least twice if you have more time cook and freeze up to 5 times, you could do more, but i believe it wouldn't help any noticeable amount
:suspicious:

You never have to re-heat the butter after you've frozen/cooled it and separated out the gunk. Just doing that once with a water/butter mixture makes for a very pure, clean product.

SD_haze,
Just seems redundant.
as far as i understand it, if you combine your weed with a lipid before you decarb it, it makes it much more difficult for the THC to lose that carboxyl group once it's bound to the lipid. that is why you decarb it before mixing it with the butter. maybe i have misunderstood this, but that is how i understand it, and it seems to be reflected in personal experience as well.
as far as it being complicated. i agree it is a bit complicated, but the brownies you will make will be incredibly strong.
The oven part isn't just for decarboxylating, they also do it to remove all the moisture.

However, this is more important for making glycerin-like tinctures, and when you're making normal edibles its definitely not necessary unless your bud is fairly fresh and un-cured.

:suspicious:

You never have to re-heat the butter after you've frozen/cooled it and separated out the gunk. Just doing that once with a water/butter mixture makes for a very pure, clean product.
not necessary unless the bud is fresh, but i still think it helps even with pretty well cured buds.

if you read the recipe there is never any water added to the butter. i was not freezing it to separate things, i was doing it because i've read that the process of freezing aids in the process. perhaps it does not need to be done so many times though. i always think more is better, but 2 cycles of hot cold would probably be plenty.

StealthGrower,

zymos

I've heard the same, about it being more efficient to decarb before extracting into fats.

Is still think you can get good results with many less steps, but no doubt your method covers all the bases...

zymos,
Top Bottom